1998 Haro Group 1 Monocoque
- Intended for BMX racing
- Redesigned in 1997 and unveiled in late 1997 (by Nov. '97)
- When tested by BMX Plus! for the Aug. '98 issue, they noted that it was "one of the stiffest aluminum race bike we have ever tested" and "the balance between front and rear end rigidity is excellent"
- Very similar looking to the 1997 Haro Monocoque Elite
- Sold as both a frame set and a complete bike
- The front end is made out of two stamped aluminum shells that are welded together where they meet - a two-piece monocoque shell front end
- Built-in chain tensioners
- Cable feeds through frame (not shown)
- Top tube length: 21.5"
- Head tube angle: 74 deg.
- Seat tube angle: 70 deg.
- Color: red
- MSRP: $650 (frame only), $790 or $795 (complete bike)
- Manufactured by Kinesis
- Used by: Jamie Staff (early-mid 1998), Mike King (early 1999)
- Made in U.S.A. (frame)
Sources for this Reference Page
- BMX Plus!, Nov. '97, p. 35 ('98 bike preview)
- BMX Plus!, Nov. '97, p. 108 (bike advertisement)
- BMX Plus!, Aug. '98, pp. 40-41, 43 (bike check)
Page Created: 7/14/2018 -----> Info Updated: N/A
** http://bmxmuseum.com/reference/user/55510 **