Fit Van Homan Signature Stem
- Designed by Van Homan (and others ?) for street, pools, trails, etc.
- Unveiled on 11/2/2017 (photo of the back half of a raw stem base) by Chris 'Mad Dog' Moeller (S&M Bikes' co-founder and owner) via social media
- The first batch of stems were machined in October/November 2017 (approx.)
- Van Homan first shared pictures of the finished product (an anodized black stem) on 11/29/2017 via social media
- First available for purchase on 11/30/2017 (approx.)
- Made in America on an S&M-owned CNC milling machine (mill) and lathe at a local machine shop (about 10 miles from S&M's headquarters)
- Anodized in Southern California
- Assembled by S&M Bikes (Fit Bike Co.'s parent company) at The Building (S&M's manufacturing facility) in Santa Ana, CA
- Reminiscent of the original S&M Enduro stem
- CNC machined out of a single block of aluminum
- Top load design with beveled edges and a round back - for a clean, simple look
- Engraved (only on the right side) with a horned classic Fit logo on the side of the stem body - reminiscent of the Little Devil (clothing company) logo
- Laser etched Fit Bike Co. logo on the top plate
- Anodized finish - for aesthetic appearance and corrosion protection
- 8 solid chromoly bolts - to hold it all together nice and tight
- Comes with Class 12.9 (steel grade) S&M Allen bolts (black oxide finish) - made in U.S.A.
- Fork clamp size: 1-1/8"
- Bar clamp size: 22.2mm (7/8")
- Material: aluminum, CNC machined
- Colors (ano): blood red, black
- Reach: 53mm
- Weight: 12.3 oz.
- Rise: 24mm (upright), 6mm (inverted)
- Stack height (on fork): 28.5mm
- Pinch bolts: 8×1.25mm (x2)
- Clamp bolts: 8×1.25mm (x4)
- MSRP: $59.95 USD
- Promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5NJ2OWzdj8
- Used by: Van Homan (2017-2018),
- Made in U.S.A. (Orange County, Southern California)
Sources for this Reference Page
- Chris Moeller's 11/2/2017 Instagram post
- Van Homan's 11/29/2017 Instagram post
- Fit website: https://fitbikeco.com/shop/stems/van-homan-stem/
- Can You Dig It's12/14/2017 page
- BMX Union's 12/15/2017 page
Can You Dig It, 12/14/2017 wrote:
Fit Van Homan Stem
I can say without a single doubt that A LOT of you are going to be stoked on Van Homan's new signature stem from Fit. Putting that completely badass Little Devilized Fit logo aside for a moment, it's just a damn good looking stem. Classic, clean and somewhat reminiscent of the OG S&M Enduro stem from back in the day. The measurements are spot on; 53mm reach, 28.5mm stack, 24mm rise, a weight of 12.3 ounces, and of course made in the USA. Then there's that completely badass Little Devilized Fit logo beautifully machined into the side. franking awesome! They’re available now in either black or blood red from your favorite purveyor of Fit’s goods.
Source: Can You Dig It
Date: December 14, 2017
BMX Union, 12/15/2017 wrote:
Fit Bike Co. – Van Homan Stem
Get a look at the new Van Homan signature stem from Fit Bike Co.!
Thinking about picking up a new BMX stem? The crew over at Fit Bike Co. have released a new Van Homan signature stem for you to get your hands on! This stem is CNC machined right here in the U.S.A with a 53mm reach, 28.5mm stack height, 24mm rise (6mm inverted). This top load stem features beveled edges and a round back for a clean, simple look with a laser etched Fit Bike Co. logo on the top plate, a tribute to Little Devil on the side with a Fit logo with horns and 8 solid chromoly bolts to hold it all together nice and tight.
You can pick up the Van Homan stem in Blood Red or Black with a weight of 12.3 oz and a price tag of $59.99 through BMX shops and mail-orders that carry Fit Bike Co. worldwide now.
Source: BMX Union
Date: December 15, 2017
Page Created: 2/28/2018 -----> Info Updated: N/A
** http://bmxmuseum.com/reference/user/55510 **