Profile Mini Lite Wheelset
- Intended for competition BMX racing only
- Compatible with 20" BMX mini and junior sized frames
- Considered "new" in the 2005 Profile Racing catalog
- Sold only as wheelsets - a front and rear wheel
- The lightest Profile Racing wheelset yet - under 3 lbs.
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Featured the legendary Profile Racing cassette technology
- Hubset: Profile Mini Lite Cassette
- Rims: Velocity(TM)
- Spokes: Marwi USA Ti-Dye(R) titanium spokes
- Rim size: 20" x 1-1/8"
- Hole count: 16H (front), 20H (rear)
- Number of engagement points:
- Driver style:
- Compatible cogs:
- Tube style: Presta valve
- Rim material: aluminum
- Rim seam: pinned seam
- Colors: polished, black, red, blue, gold - mix or match hub and rim colors
- Weight: 1lb 5.6oz (front wheel), 1lb 9.7oz (rear wheel)
- Used by: Caleb (Profile, 2005), etc.
- Apparently (according to fnkoolbikes on eBay), two sets were made with pink hubs for Team riders
- Assembled in U.S.A. (Florida) with American made components
Sources for this Reference Page
- 2005 Profile Racing catalog: https://issuu.com/pharv85/docs/profile_2005
- American Cycle: http://americancycle.com/product/profil … t-2390.htm
American Cycle wrote:
Description - Profile Racing Mini Lite Wheelset
Profile Racing cassette hub technology is available now for junior racers in a super-light package. After months of designing and testing, you can now put Profile Racing’s ultra-lightweight wheelset on your mini BMX frame. The new wheelset features Profile Racing’s new Mini Lite cassette hubset with 16-spokes on the front hub and 20-spokes on the rear hub, laced with Ti-Dye titanium spokes and built in a 20” x 1 1/8” aluminum Velocity rim. These are the lightest 1 1/8” x 20-inch wheels on the market today (Front Mini Lite Wheel = 1lb 5.6oz, Rear Mini Lite Wheel = 1lb 9.7oz. compared to Profile’s Mini Race Cassette Hub with regular spokes and 20” x 1 1/8” rim = 2 lbs). Mix or match colors. Available in Polished or Black, Red, Blue or Gold anodized finishes. Sold only as wheelsets (Front/Rear). Profile Racing advises racers to use the Mini Lite wheelset for competition only. Practice and recreational riding should be on another wheelset or your old wheelset.
Source: http://americancycle.com/product/profil … t-2390.htm
Page Created: 10/15/2017 -----> Info Updated: N/A
** http://bmxmuseum.com/reference/user/55510 **