2013 S&M Hucker Frame
- Mike "Hucker" Clark's signature frame
- Took nearly a year to develop
- Unveiled at Interbike 2012, but without decals
- Available from 2013-2016 with '13 decals, than from 2017-2018+ with '17 decals (http://bmxmuseum.com/reference/4582)
- 4130 chromoly Super Therm tubeset
- Integrated headtube drilled for gyro tabs
- Top and downtube open-end gussets with custom Shaka and S&M logos
- Externally machined Mid bottom bracket shell
- Integrated seatpost clamp
- Tapered chainstays and seatstays with bullet tipped end caps
- Seatstay located bosses for removable U-brake mounts (sold separately)
- Removable brake mounts and cable guides
- 5mm thick heat-treated 4Q-Baked dropouts
- The graphics feature a surfing burrito and a rattlesnake doing a tabletop
- Top tube lengths: 20.5", 20.75", 21", 21.25"
- Rear end length: 13.3" (slammed)
- Head tube angle: 75°
- Standover height: 8.8"
- Bottom bracket height: 11.7"
- Seat tube angle: 71°
- Heat tube style: Integrated Campy Style
- Bottom bracket style: Mid
- Brake mounts: Thread-on 990 mounts (sold separately)
- Dropout slot height: 14mm
- Seat post size: 25.4mm (1")
- Weight: 4.86 lbs. (2.15 kg) - according to S&M, 2014
- Weight: 4 lbs 13.2 oz - according to Dan's Comp, 2014
- Weight: 4 lbs. 8 oz. - according to Albes, 2014
- Colors: trans matte black, copper, gloss white, trans blue (released 7/23/2014), matte black (released #/##/201#), chrome (unveiled 6/23/2016)
- Original decal artwork by Nick Sawyers (http://nicksawyers.storenvy.com/) - An artist and local rider at Sheep Hills
- Hucker requested that the frame decals have California burritos, blazed dolphins, cougars, mullets, dirt jumps, and more
- Release date: Dec. 6, 2012
- MSRP: $354.99 (approx.)
- Made in the U.S.A. (Santa Ana, CA)
"You know that dude Hucker? You know? That guy that ain't afraid of double flipping mid run, or opposite 360ing the biggest set at any trails, or taking off of 20ft+ sets sitting down & no footed?
Or how about that time he did a hang five to frontflip?
Hucker is one of a kind, his riding speaks volumes & to top it off, he got the well deserved NORA cup dirt jumper of the year for 2012. Completely badass! This is the frame he chooses to do it on. So if you're looking for a frame that can do it all, really, really well - this is it" (Source: Back Bone BMX, 2014).
"Mike 'Hucker' Clark's Signature frame from S&M. Designed to Hucker's Specification this frame features a short 13.3" rear end and a steep 75 degrees headtube to make it ultra responsive. A simple design with a couple of gussets up front and bullet tipped stays all put together lovingly in the USA at S&M from Super-therm true temper 4130 Cr-mo" (Source: Source BMX, 2014).
"After winning Nora Cup’s 2012 Dirt Jumper of the Year Award, Mike ''Hucker'' Clark was granted with his very own signature frame from S&M Bikes. Hucker rides everything from dirt to ramps to street, so you know that his signature frame is built to handle it all. Like the rest of S&M’s frame lineup, the ''Hucker'' is handcrafted in the USA using only the finest True Temper SuperTherm chromoly tubing. Featuring the basic framework of the ATF but with a slightly longer chainstay, a lower bottom bracket height, taller standover height, bullet chainstay end caps, integrated seat post clamp, and top and downtube gussets with the upper having Mike’s signature ''Shaka'' logo engraved. Pick one up and maybe you’ll be in the running for a Nora Cup one day.....probably not, but at least you’ll be rolling in style with a top quality American made frame" (Source: Transition BMX, 2014).
p.s., I met Mike for the first time today at Sheep Hills .
Page Created: 4/8/2014 -----> Info Updated: 12/3/2016
** http://bmxmuseum.com/reference/user/55510/ **