#3227 2021-09-14 7:35pm

tomknox
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2012-06-06

Re: Prices have skyrocketed

Dirty Habits wrote:

tomknox wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

I feel you have said enough,  and we can see your point of view....

Now it's time to sit back, and see how many members actually pay attention to you.... As if they ignored you, and just go on with their life,  all this fiasco was for nothing...

Very interesting how I earn fanboys if I honestly say what's going on. Also interesting admin sees it, I have PM's from admin and users here with their story's of dealings with him. Dirty, I don't need to sit back, I need to tell the truth and you need step back, nothing personal towards you but you are an enabler.

Look,  I'll just ignore whatever you just posted....

You're not staff,  there is a lot you don't know that goes on behind the scenes,  so stop trying to make things happen...... you're speaking loud, but it's coming out as hate and jealousy....

Dirty I've been around a long time, way before this site, if you think I don't hear a lot of what goes on here then you've lost it bro. This is legit about Angelo and his seatposts. I complemented him on his work and you have no clue about me and what I do. The quality of airbrush work I put out makes Angelo's job simple boss man. cool

#3228 2021-09-14 7:46pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberCock The Hammer, It’s Time 4 Action!
Signed up: 2008-11-10
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 21

tomknox wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

tomknox wrote:

Very interesting how I earn fanboys if I honestly say what's going on. Also interesting admin sees it, I have PM's from admin and users here with their story's of dealings with him. Dirty, I don't need to sit back, I need to tell the truth and you need step back, nothing personal towards you but you are an enabler.

You're not staff,  there is a lot you don't know that goes on behind the scenes,  so stop trying to make things happen...... you're speaking loud, but it's coming out as hate and jealousy....

Dirty I've been around a long time, way before this site, if you think I don't hear a lot of what goes on here then you've lost it bro. This is legit about Angelo and his seatposts. I complemented him on his work and you have no clue about me and what I do. The quality of airbrush work I put out makes Angelo's job simple boss man. cool

roll

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#3229 2021-09-14 7:57pm

squirrelsmith
Pro MemberLoves Naked Animated Girls!
Signed up: 2008-05-28
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 3

Dirty Habits wrote:

tomknox wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

roll

BUY NOW WOW!!!

Wtb Sun Chinook / Levanter / Mistral Hard Ano Or Blue Ano
Please Help I've Been Looking For Months

#3230 2021-09-14 8:04pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberCock The Hammer, It’s Time 4 Action!
Signed up: 2008-11-10
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 21

squirrelsmith wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

tomknox wrote:

roll

BUY NOW WOW!!!

coolcool

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#3231 2021-09-14 8:29pm

getset
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-01-30
Bikes: 5

tomknox, I'm not sure I understand your beef with Dirty Habits.  Yeah, reproduction stuff is whack and it does bring a lot of garbage and suspicion into the hobby.  But dude, I've got to make light of your comment, ie. a joke, I'm thinking you're not the only one who has been into BMX before Al Gore invented the internet? lol

I was looking for a classic Schwinn today to pass the time and found this crazy 70K bike with some cool pegs, but with pedals that are definitely not era correct.  I mean, damn, 70K and I still got to hunt down the correct pedals, WTH?  lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284303649268?h … Sw-qhgrsGp

#3232 2021-09-14 9:49pm

tomknox
Museum Addict

getset wrote:

tomknox, I'm not sure I understand your beef with Dirty Habits.  Yeah, reproduction stuff is whack and it does bring a lot of garbage and suspicion into the hobby.  But dude, I've got to make light of your comment, ie. a joke, I'm thinking you're not the only one who has been into BMX before Al Gore invented the internet? lol

I was looking for a classic Schwinn today to pass the time and found this crazy 70K bike with some cool pegs, but with pedals that are definitely not era correct.  I mean, damn, 70K and I still got to hunt down the correct pedals, WTH?  lol

Getset I have absolutely zero beef with Dirty at all, he just chimes in every single time I've brought up Angelo and the BS seatposts. I understand he's sticking up for his buddy and that's admirable but I still have the right to step up and say something here, I've broken no rules to my knowledge. cool

#3233 2021-09-14 9:55pm

tomknox
Museum Addict

tomknox wrote:

getset wrote:

Getset I have absolutely zero beef with Dirty at all, he just chimes in every single time I've brought up Angelo and the BS seatposts. I understand he's sticking up for his buddy and that's admirable but I still have the right to step up and say something here, I've broken no rules to my knowledge. cool

Getset I remember when the internet was free, been doing it since dial up, vbmx days bud.

#3234 2021-09-15 10:37pm

ROOK88
Pro MemberWorld Champ
Signed up: 2020-08-19

I cant believe this hand drawn on DK symbol  stem sold for 80 bucks
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/277712/dk6142d8303e.jpg

I'm Free
ABW and Chase rile things up. Which means more traffic / clicks / screen refreshers. Which causes more targeted Ads. Which makes site owner money. Just sayin'

#3235 2021-09-16 6:26am

givebloodridebmx
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-10-19
Bikes: 5

ROOK88 wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d8303e.jpg

A fool and his money.....

KEEP GIVING BLOOD

#3236 2021-09-17 2:09pm

Woodmaster
Pro MemberMidnight Rider
Signed up: 2018-12-24
Bikes: 16
For Sale: 12

Since when do you ask three hundred for a General Lee frame?

Side? I am on nobody's side, because Nobody is on my side, little orc.
                                           Treebeard

#3237 2021-09-17 2:30pm

BrianLanders
Pro Member
Signed up: 2013-08-30
For Sale: 7

ROOK88 wrote:

Is that considered art now? lol

AZ-01 46-50x

#3238 2021-09-17 7:24pm

Dollazhollaz
Pro Member
Signed up: 2019-06-10
Bikes: 41

BrianLanders wrote:

ROOK88 wrote:

Is that considered art now? lol

Custom Retro

If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense

**Ride or Die*

#3239 2021-09-19 5:40am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
Signed up: 2014-05-29
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 5

blue streak wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

Just Wow. Same seller as the fake Redline one shown above. Is this the new norm? How is tolerated?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b75d6e.jpg

Its listed as Cooks Brothers as the brand also. I reported them both, they need to do something with this fake crap being listed here.

Hey if people want to sell fake stuff and are up front about it being fake then it is on the buyer if they want to go that route.

*The parts should be listed as unknown and not GT or Redline and so on in the company slot since they are not from those manufacturers.*

Clones that have to be taken apart to tell if they are real or not does not seem cool either.
That will only lead to people getting way overcharged on fake parts down the line.
Only people who know will be able to look in the right places.
Just my .02

***BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS***

Stay rad fellas!

Last edited by Shazambmx (2021-09-19 5:41am)

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#3240 2021-09-19 5:44am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$

Whoa! Talk about skyrocketing.
I got a set of 7x NOS blue ano from Lamborghinikid for 400 a few years back. Same size 20x1.75
I guess they are getting harder and harder to find these days. Multiple high dollar bidders. Was not buy it now.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/210784/51d98e25-e5bb-4e24-a330-adcf6b7b972761473015d6.png

Last edited by Shazambmx (2021-09-19 5:45am)

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#3241 2021-09-19 5:47am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$

getset wrote:

I was looking for a classic Schwinn today to pass the time and found this crazy 70K bike with some
cool pegs, but with pedals that are definitely not era correct.  I mean, damn, 70K and I still got to hunt down the correct pedals, WTH?  lol

I think Yunga was still asking more for his Patterson…..tonguelollol

Holy sH!t!!!

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#3242 2021-09-19 6:01am

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$

Over 900 reasons I have of why fake parts are bad.
I should have built a pit bike with these instead of cut them but at the time I was trying to prove a point. No regrets.
They need to be taken out of circulation when discovered. Not mass produced. IMHO.
It costs money to be educated in any way especially with old school bike parts.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/210784/b5324d77-31d0-4d97-bdf7-8c7a64b639e56147341e67.jpeg

Last edited by Shazambmx (2021-09-19 6:03am)

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#3243 2021-09-22 3:11am

keep_it_warm
Pro MemberSouth of Heaven, North of Canada
Signed up: 2006-01-21
Bikes: 21

Fake crap being bought and sold without a care in the world here. In this case, the fake item was bought by another fake item producer. I'm sure this will end well. I'm not a copyright or trademark lawyer, but the amount of TRASH on this website that goes unchecked is ridiculous.

At least ACT like you give a fug.

Let me guess, "He never described it as a Cook Brothers stem, so he didn't violate any rule".

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/264/screenshot-2021-09-22-055928614b0001ac.jpg

As long as I'm here, it doesn't matter where 'here' is.

#3244 2021-09-22 3:21am

lipshtzz
Pro MemberThe Grim Reaper
Signed up: 2009-08-31

keep_it_warm wrote:

Fake crap being bought and sold without a care in the world here. In this case, the fake item was bought by another fake item producer. I'm sure this will end well. I'm not a copyright or trademark lawyer, but the amount of TRASH on this website that goes unchecked is ridiculous.

Let me guess, "He never described it as a Cook Brothers stem, so he didn't violate any rule".

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0001ac.jpg

It's the f@cking wild west around here so hang on πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°

It spreads so smooth it's like your grandma's ass on a bar stool

#3245 2021-09-22 3:24am

lipshtzz
Pro MemberThe Grim Reaper
Signed up: 2009-08-31

To be fair πŸ™„ I don't know the loopholes around the trade mark laws.I also don't know the law when it comes to other countries I mean look at China 🧐

Last edited by lipshtzz (2021-09-22 3:28am)

It spreads so smooth it's like your grandma's ass on a bar stool

#3246 2021-09-22 3:32am

keep_it_warm
Pro MemberSouth of Heaven, North of Canada
Signed up: 2006-01-21
Bikes: 21

lipshtzz wrote:

keep_it_warm wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0001ac.jpg

It's the f@cking wild west around here so hang on πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°

Yea, it is. Just bizarre that so much is bought and sold. I'll never understand it. Oh well.

As long as I'm here, it doesn't matter where 'here' is.

#3247 2021-09-22 6:20am

John De Bruin
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-01-24
For Sale: 4
Website

keep_it_warm wrote:

Fake crap being bought and sold without a care in the world here.

Even if this site does not charge a transaction fee, it is still providing a marketplace service. When providing that service, there is a social, ethical, and even legal responsibility that comes with it.

The reason eBay/FB/Amazon have such well-designed and simple-to-use systems allowing rights-holders to remove content is that they know that the marketplace service-provider actually has a higher culpability and exposure to enforcement than the counterfeiter him/herself. Think of the marketplace as the high-level distributor and the counterfeiter as the guy on the corner. If I reported a counterfeiter to eBay and they refuse to remove it, which one do you think I am going to go after? That's why virtually every request to remove content gets approved, and items get removed very quickly.

But screening content takes time and effort, and companies try their hardest not to do it. Same thing with Facebook not wanting to screen current-events content (or if they do, they're going to selectively start with content that they don't want). For goods that are sold, marketplaces shift the burden of screening to the rights-holder. In return, the marketplace acts quickly to respect the rights-holder's request.

I know from my own experience that when I've reported stuff here, I've been asked to explain why or how I feel an item is counterfeit. That's not my job. My job is to tell you there is a counterfeit, and from there it's your job to decide how you want those counterfeits to be handled.

Ultimately if this site is not actively screening it's own content (or if they don't act when someone reports it), that hurts the very people who this site thrives on.

#3248 2021-09-22 6:46am

Emergency Room
Pro Member
Signed up: 2021-08-23

ROOK88 wrote:

https://external-preview.redd.it/L2GezYzmyi5q8MhoHH67UCfoOAtTe3ESm8yIE_dwtH8.jpg?auto=webp&s=aff64b1f0d99e4da1d1b50920ed8572171fffbab

#3249 2021-09-22 3:37pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$

lollollol^^^^^

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#3250 2021-09-22 5:58pm

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
Signed up: 2011-07-26
For Sale: 3

Shazambmx wrote:

getset wrote:

I was looking for a classic Schwinn today to pass the time and found this crazy 70K bike with some
cool pegs, but with pedals that are definitely not era correct.  I mean, damn, 70K and I still got to hunt down the correct pedals, WTH?  lol

I think Yunga was still asking more for his Patterson…..tonguelollol

Holy sH!t!!!

Yunga Yunga Yungaaaa!!! lol Wow I have to see what's up with our old buddy these days.

Last edited by Spintech (2021-09-22 5:59pm)

-Joe

Board footer