TMS40
Pro Member
Signed up: 2012-08-08

Re: Your definition of camping

binman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

binman wrote:

tonguelol
I thought we had corner steadies but we don’t. It rocks quite a bit when we’re moving around inside. I’ll just have to go slow and steady and then quick when Mrs binman says so!! lol

😂  Nice! My wife just called her RV the shaggin wagon! 😂 I just learned from experience that even with the leveling jacks down it still rocks! tongue Ireland looks like it would be fun on a road trip! How long does it take to get from 1 side of the island to the other?

A couple of examples below sticking to the major roads mainly. If you get into the more rural areas there’s grass growing up the middle of the lesser used roads so the going gets much slower. It’s a great place, very laid back.
I was in a rural bar on holiday one year and asked the barmaid what time they shut. She said ‘Whatever time the Gards show up!’ (Gards=Garda Síochána= Irish Police).
Another holiday an exhaust bracket broke on my car so I called into the local hardware store/pub and asked for lock wire for a temporary repair. They didn’t have any but everyone in the pub half of the building had a discussion and said if I called to the shed half a mile down the road the fella would have some. They called ahead and when we arrived at what was just a garden shed (not his business or anything)he had a length of wire that we pinned the exhaust with. He wouldn’t take any money so we wished each other luck and we went on our way.
I love rural Ireland and a few pints in a rural pub is a thing of beauty. Good beer and friendly people. Always fun. Just avoid the ‘manufactured’ Irish bars. (Anything with an old bike on the wall can f•ck right off!) lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2d745.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2dde7.jpeg

Geez I drive that far on a Friday arvo to hunt pigs and goats on the weekend then drive home Sunday arvo. I sometimes forget how big my state is.

#327 2021-08-12 7:48pm

manida
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-02-04
Bikes: 13

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/12241/20210807_184231_hdr6115dd88c7.jpg

Im in this hobby for the nostalgia.  Most of my bikes are ongoing projects.
My day-to-day riding consists of commuting, bar-hopping and mountain biking.

#328 2021-08-12 10:14pm

binman
Pro MemberAlcohol Guidelines
Signed up: 2012-05-22
Bikes: 3

TMS40 wrote:

binman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

😂  Nice! My wife just called her RV the shaggin wagon! 😂 I just learned from experience that even with the leveling jacks down it still rocks! tongue Ireland looks like it would be fun on a road trip! How long does it take to get from 1 side of the island to the other?

A couple of examples below sticking to the major roads mainly. If you get into the more rural areas there’s grass growing up the middle of the lesser used roads so the going gets much slower. It’s a great place, very laid back.
I was in a rural bar on holiday one year and asked the barmaid what time they shut. She said ‘Whatever time the Gards show up!’ (Gards=Garda Síochána= Irish Police).
Another holiday an exhaust bracket broke on my car so I called into the local hardware store/pub and asked for lock wire for a temporary repair. They didn’t have any but everyone in the pub half of the building had a discussion and said if I called to the shed half a mile down the road the fella would have some. They called ahead and when we arrived at what was just a garden shed (not his business or anything)he had a length of wire that we pinned the exhaust with. He wouldn’t take any money so we wished each other luck and we went on our way.
I love rural Ireland and a few pints in a rural pub is a thing of beauty. Good beer and friendly people. Always fun. Just avoid the ‘manufactured’ Irish bars. (Anything with an old bike on the wall can f•ck right off!) lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2d745.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2dde7.jpeg

Geez I drive that far on a Friday arvo to hunt pigs and goats on the weekend then drive home Sunday arvo. I sometimes forget how big my state is.

We’re compact and bijou!

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women!
Drunkards hunt booze, booze hunts alcoholics. I'm a drunkard because I don't go to all those meetings.
We will wear your people as skins for our shoes since they are used to the gutter.
'You, you and you panic. The rest of you...come with me!'    'Yes Sir!'

#329 2021-08-13 2:12am

TMS40
Pro Member
Signed up: 2012-08-08

25 Irelands would fit into Queensland, my state.

#330 2021-08-13 3:07am

binman

TMS40 wrote:

That’s a lot of potatoes!

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women!
Drunkards hunt booze, booze hunts alcoholics. I'm a drunkard because I don't go to all those meetings.
We will wear your people as skins for our shoes since they are used to the gutter.

#331 2021-08-13 3:40am

Busty 123
Pro Member
Signed up: 2014-01-18
Bikes: 10

#332 2021-09-04 1:32am

binman

Down in south west Ireland for a bit.
Our morning view from the motorhome back window.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/92242/36528357-050d-4e80-931b-62802e45134f61332ed119.jpeg

Last edited by binman (2021-09-04 1:35am)

#333 2021-09-04 11:55am

radovr
Pro MemberNo Soul
Signed up: 2013-06-17
Bikes: 2

binman wrote:

TMS40 wrote:

That’s a lot of potatoes!

lollollol  ahh   pertatoos

#334 2021-09-04 11:59am

radovr
Pro MemberNo Soul
Signed up: 2013-06-17
Bikes: 2

TMS40 wrote:

Ahh  qld's  tiny  compared to  WA   lol

#335 2021-09-04 1:16pm

dav451
Pro MemberChemtrails
Signed up: 2017-05-14

I was just curious so....https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/243019/6b7c4718-3e18-4dc3-9c64-ebbdf4588fe86133d4060d.jpeg

Han Solo : She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

Board footer