You are not logged in.

GT Serial Number Info

#1926 2021-04-03 8:34pm

LUNCHHBOXXX
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2021-04-03
Posts: 1
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Can someone help me identify what type of GT bmx frame and where it was made etc.. with just a serial number..

The frame only has the serial number located in one spot, underneath by the bottom bracket


S/N#: 1BDFSD15AA9427


*(the first 1 might be an I )

Offline

 

#1927 2021-04-03 8:56pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 46495
Bikes: 41
Website
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

LUNCHHBOXXX wrote:

Can someone help me identify what type of GT bmx frame and where it was made etc.. with just a serial number..

The frame only has the serial number located in one spot, underneath by the bottom bracket


S/N#: 1BDFSD15AA9427


*(the first 1 might be an I )

Without a pic, a guess would be 2015???


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

Offline

 

#1928 2021-04-05 10:08am

Isay99
Member
Registered: 2017-01-10
Posts: 35
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

hi, could you help me decipher this serial number of a dyno slammer frame with bashguard, thanks

https://i.ibb.co/YDH50Rc/20170205-113718.jpg

Offline

 

#1929 2021-04-05 11:30am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 46495
Bikes: 41
Website
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Isay99 wrote:

hi, could you help me decipher this serial number of a dyno slammer frame with bashguard, thanks

https://i.ibb.co/YDH50Rc/20170205-113718.jpg

May of 1990


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

Offline

 

#1930 2021-04-05 11:38am

Isay99
Member
Registered: 2017-01-10
Posts: 35
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Thank you very much for the help

Offline

 

#1931 2021-04-23 12:57pm

deveus33
Pro MemberMini Hoder
From: Chicago, IL
Registered: 2008-10-29
Posts: 3726
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3
Online

Re: GT Serial Number Info

I have a GT PRO serial # is 8282 with a 4 centered in the dropout. Any info on these ?

Last edited by deveus33 (2021-04-23 12:58pm)


I Want To Play A Game

Online

 

#1932 2021-04-23 6:18pm

MAIDEN GT fan
BMX To The Hills
From: Phoenix area Arizona
Registered: 2017-07-25
Posts: 5082
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

I'll Answer This For You-8(August) 2(1982) Or Just 82(1982) And The 82nd Frame Made. The 4 Signifies PRO Frame. There Is One Caveat To This....The 80-82 GT's Can Have Funky Numbering On Them And May Mean Hardly Anything. Since It Does Have The 4 It Helps Date It-As Earlier Frames Didn't Have Model Marking. Is The Down Tube The Same Diameter As The Top Tube? Early 82's Were Different vs Later 82 When The Tubes Were The Same Diameter(1 1/4). The Top Tube Measurement From Steer Tube To Seat Tube(Center To Center) Is 18.5 For A PRO Size. 17.5 Expert. Most Of This Info Is Throughout This Thread. wink


Free The Lil Beast!

Offline

 

#1933 2021-05-04 2:17pm

LeeroyD
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2021-05-04
Posts: 2
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Hi all,

I'm looking to identify my frame serial number: G284439
It is a GT Team Series, just wanna know a little bit more about it (Year, factory...)
Thank for your help!

Kind regards

Laurent

Offline

 

#1934 2021-05-04 8:06pm

MAIDEN GT fan
BMX To The Hills
From: Phoenix area Arizona
Registered: 2017-07-25
Posts: 5082
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

deveus33 wrote:

I have a GT PRO serial # is 8282 with a 4 centered in the dropout. Any info on these ?

Bueller......

Bueller......

Bueller......







Bueller...........................hmm

Last edited by MAIDEN GT fan (2021-05-05 12:30pm)


Free The Lil Beast!

Offline

 

#1935 2021-05-10 11:25am

deveus33
Pro MemberMini Hoder
From: Chicago, IL
Registered: 2008-10-29
Posts: 3726
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3
Online

Re: GT Serial Number Info

MAIDEN GT fan wrote:

I'll Answer This For You-8(August) 2(1982) Or Just 82(1982) And The 82nd Frame Made. The 4 Signifies PRO Frame. There Is One Caveat To This....The 80-82 GT's Can Have Funky Numbering On Them And May Mean Hardly Anything. Since It Does Have The 4 It Helps Date It-As Earlier Frames Didn't Have Model Marking. Is The Down Tube The Same Diameter As The Top Tube? Early 82's Were Different vs Later 82 When The Tubes Were The Same Diameter(1 1/4). The Top Tube Measurement From Steer Tube To Seat Tube(Center To Center) Is 18.5 For A PRO Size. 17.5 Expert. Most Of This Info Is Throughout This Thread. wink

TT is 18.5 I'll measure the tube diameter tonight  and let you know. I also have what seem to be GT bars that came with it with a super thin crossbar. Thanks for the help

Last edited by deveus33 (2021-05-10 11:41am)


I Want To Play A Game

Online

 

#1936 2021-05-10 12:00pm

Jamoranger3
Pro MemberDeaf Dude
From: Iowa & PNW
Registered: 2015-05-31
Posts: 2393
Bikes: 59
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Isay99 wrote:

hi, could you help me decipher this serial number of a dyno slammer frame with bashguard, thanks

https://i.ibb.co/YDH50Rc/20170205-113718.jpg

That’s not slammer lol


JAMMY's GT/Dyno

Offline

 

#1937 2021-05-10 12:33pm

MAIDEN GT fan
BMX To The Hills
From: Phoenix area Arizona
Registered: 2017-07-25
Posts: 5082
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

deveus33 wrote:

TT is 18.5 I'll measure the tube diameter tonight  and let you know. I also have what seem to be GT bars that came with it with a super thin crossbar. Thanks for the help

No Problem! The 18.5 Means PRO Size Frame. The Smaller Diamatater Down Tube Would Confirm EARLY 82. The THIN Crossbar On The Bars WOULDN'T Be Early GT PRO Bars As They've Got A 9/16 Crossbar. Have (9) PRO Bars And (2) EXPERT Bars. All Are Unstamped/Unknurled Early GT Bars.

Last edited by MAIDEN GT fan (2021-05-11 8:23pm)


Free The Lil Beast!

Offline

 

#1938 2021-05-13 3:18pm

LeeroyD
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2021-05-04
Posts: 2
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Hi,

No idea of what year of factory could be my GT S/N : G284439 ?
I tried to decode it with using the very first post of this thread with no luck.
I'm not really sure if it's a Team Series after all...
If anyone of you could help me, that would be very nice.

Kind regards

Laurent

Offline

 

#1939 2021-05-21 5:39pm

AyBlinken
Pro Member
Registered: 2021-05-09
Posts: 3
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

So my friend has a GT Mach 1 he wants to get rid of, so I’m trying to decipher the serial. It’s stamped 09940376. I’m guessing 1994, but not sure. Any help is appreciated.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/288293/ebf4389d-8bfa-4af3-9e30-092a28452a2660a852bd4c.jpeg

Offline

 

#1940 2021-05-21 5:57pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 46495
Bikes: 41
Website
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

AyBlinken wrote:

So my friend has a GT Mach 1 he wants to get rid of, so I’m trying to decipher the serial. It’s stamped 09940376. I’m guessing 1994, but not sure. Any help is appreciated.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2bd4c.jpeg

September of 1994 Mach One


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

Offline

 

#1941 2021-05-21 5:57pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 46495
Bikes: 41
Website
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

LeeroyD wrote:

Hi,

No idea of what year of factory could be my GT S/N : G284439 ?
I tried to decode it with using the very first post of this thread with no luck.
I'm not really sure if it's a Team Series after all...
If anyone of you could help me, that would be very nice.

Kind regards

Laurent

February of 1984


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

Offline

 

#1942 2021-05-21 6:06pm

troynlori
AdminShipbikes!
From: Virginia Beach, VA
Registered: 2009-11-22
Posts: 20084
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 137
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Hobbes12 wrote:

LeeroyD wrote:

Hi,

No idea of what year of factory could be my GT S/N : G284439 ?
I tried to decode it with using the very first post of this thread with no luck.
I'm not really sure if it's a Team Series after all...
If anyone of you could help me, that would be very nice.

Kind regards

Laurent

February of 1984

Think not maybe.  Never saw a "G" out front of an '84.


Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

Offline

 

#1943 2021-05-21 10:05pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 46495
Bikes: 41
Website
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

troynlori wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

LeeroyD wrote:

Hi,

No idea of what year of factory could be my GT S/N : G284439 ?
I tried to decode it with using the very first post of this thread with no luck.
I'm not really sure if it's a Team Series after all...
If anyone of you could help me, that would be very nice.

Kind regards

Laurent

February of 1984

Think not maybe.  Never saw a "G" out front of an '84.

Yeah most likely not a GT...Giant/Schwinn SN...


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

Offline

 

#1944 2021-06-10 12:37pm

Saywhat64
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2021-06-10
Posts: 2
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

S1GT43125 or GE2027 both of these are stamped under the crank housing. I have been searching a lot and can't find anything resembling those numbers. I'd post a picture but I don't know how on here?

Offline

 

#1945 2021-06-13 7:33pm

Poonker
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2021-06-13
Posts: 1
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Hello I have a pro freestyle tour with serial 3879682 and FS under it. Does that mean it was built in March of 87? Thanks!

Offline

 

#1946 2021-06-13 8:32pm

troynlori
AdminShipbikes!
From: Virginia Beach, VA
Registered: 2009-11-22
Posts: 20084
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 137
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

yessa


Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

Offline

 

#1947 2021-06-16 6:26am

Cadikill6669
Pro Member
From: Washington State
Registered: 2021-02-03
Posts: 138
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

so a few weeks ago i went out to packwood washington to a GIGANTIC  swap meet that basically took over this town. if any of you locals up here in the PNW wanna hit a bad ass swap meet this is the one. so anyways i picked up GT frame forks bars  and a seatpost all from same booth in different boxes of course and i walked out of there with all of it for $50 plus $5 for a warlock (doro pesch) and a Black Sabbath (heaven and hell with ronnie james dio) cd and looking closer at the rear drop outs someone has notched them out to obviously to fit a bigger axel. i'm not to sure if its a interceptor or a mach one (wasn't there a stamp on the rear drop out that says m1 or I? I have a 92 mini mach 1 that has the stamp but this is cut out so i'm not sure. there serial number is YC94081405 so its a 94 but whats the difference between the mach 1 and interceptor (ok dont bash me to hard i didn't read all 78 pages of this thread its 6 am and i'm still half asleep)  top bar is 19 1/2 neck tube (if it matters "4) thanks in advance


Extreme Thrash Metal Fanatic (Old school)
Metal T shirt collector over 600 and growing
Ronald is lying on the floor,
The Grimace took a bullet trying to run out the door.
Hamburglar's brains all over Mayor McCheese, and
He won't let you go, even if you say please.
Quarter Pounder, Big Mac, Fillet 'O Fish and fires, and fries,
It doesn't matter what you order, everybody dies.

Offline

 

#1948 2021-06-16 7:56am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 46495
Bikes: 41
Website
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Cadikill6669 wrote:

so a few weeks ago i went out to packwood washington to a GIGANTIC  swap meet that basically took over this town. if any of you locals up here in the PNW wanna hit a bad ass swap meet this is the one. so anyways i picked up GT frame forks bars  and a seatpost all from same booth in different boxes of course and i walked out of there with all of it for $50 plus $5 for a warlock (doro pesch) and a Black Sabbath (heaven and hell with ronnie james dio) cd and looking closer at the rear drop outs someone has notched them out to obviously to fit a bigger axel. i'm not to sure if its a interceptor or a mach one (wasn't there a stamp on the rear drop out that says m1 or I? I have a 92 mini mach 1 that has the stamp but this is cut out so i'm not sure. there serial number is YC94081405 so its a 94 but whats the difference between the mach 1 and interceptor (ok dont bash me to hard i didn't read all 78 pages of this thread its 6 am and i'm still half asleep)  top bar is 19 1/2 neck tube (if it matters "4) thanks in advance

1994 Interceptor

For the most part, with that SN being on the bb it going to be a Interceptor…


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

Offline

 

#1949 2021-06-20 9:46am

Isay99
Member
Registered: 2017-01-10
Posts: 35
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Jamoranger3 wrote:

Isay99 wrote:

hi, could you help me decipher this serial number of a dyno slammer frame with bashguard, thanks

https://i.ibb.co/YDH50Rc/20170205-113718.jpg

That’s not slammer lol

it is slammer
https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/dyno/114092

Offline

 

#1950 2021-06-25 9:14am

jaybepr
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2019-06-25
Posts: 3
Offline

Re: GT Serial Number Info

Hi good morning my friend, I have been trying to figure this GT serial number for sometime now but I haven’t been able to do, by comparing with other members I know it’s a PRO Series. Can someone please help me. Maybe the second digit it’s an O or a #0. THANKS.

       S0DY13148

Offline

 

Board footer