You are not logged in.

Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

#7176 2021-02-18 5:13pm

walribco
Pro Member
From: West Palm Beach, FL
Registered: 2012-02-12
Posts: 731
Bikes: 3
Website
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

johnu773 wrote:

I still have to tweak & dial it in, but here's my 19.25" 250L wirh 12.75" rear end. Hoping to have a blast on the streets & at the park while gettin' my soul ride on! I took it out for a quick spin in the snow today. It definitely needs an upright stem. Ride 'em!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c7cba.jpeghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8a00.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8aaa.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8ab2.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8aba.jpeg

man looks great. love the geo!


ricedoutyugo.com

Offline

 

#7177 2021-02-19 7:29am

johnu773
Pro MemberFlatland Dominator
From: Chicago, IL
Registered: 2008-07-07
Posts: 2780
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

walribco wrote:

johnu773 wrote:

I still have to tweak & dial it in, but here's my 19.25" 250L wirh 12.75" rear end. Hoping to have a blast on the streets & at the park while gettin' my soul ride on! I took it out for a quick spin in the snow today. It definitely needs an upright stem. Ride 'em!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c7cba.jpeghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8a00.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8aaa.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8ab2.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … c8aba.jpeg

man looks great. love the geo!

Thanks. I cant wait to shred it


Due to Illinois corruption, mismanagement & greed, I can no longer accept Paypal.  Chase quickpay (through Zelle), money order, or local pickup only

Offline

 

#7178 2021-02-23 7:58pm

Forhisglory_1
Pro Member
From: Riverside, CA
Registered: 2017-01-12
Posts: 727
Bikes: 18
For Sale: 1
Website
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

After looking for a STA frame and mid school stem for a long time I finally picked these up on here. I literally can’t wait to build it up. The powder coated chrome looks way better than I expected. Plans so far are mid school Standard stem, Pitchforks from about 10 years ago with huge fork legs, steer tube cut way down on the forks with the Stranger  Ballast headset so the stem is low as possible. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/239554/3de9ca6f-ddef-456b-bd91-83c267970d4f6035cecdd2.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/239554/c387a8e7-6643-4544-b486-4b2ee8906c426035cece0f.jpeg

Last edited by Forhisglory_1 (2021-02-23 8:05pm)


For the right price everything is for sale.
I love Jesus and BMX.
Check out my blog at awakenosleeper

My struggle with being faithful
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=795894

Offline

 

#7179 2021-02-23 8:32pm

johnu773
Pro MemberFlatland Dominator
From: Chicago, IL
Registered: 2008-07-07
Posts: 2780
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

After looking for a STA frame and mid school stem for a long time I finally picked these up on here. I literally can’t wait to build it up. The powder coated chrome looks way better than I expected. Plans so far are mid school Standard stem, Pitchforks from about 10 years ago with huge fork legs, steer tube cut way down on the forks with the Stranger  Ballast headset so the stem is low as possible. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ecdd2.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ece0f.jpeg

Looks great! Can't wait to see it built up & shreddin'  Going with black wheels or silver/chrome?


Due to Illinois corruption, mismanagement & greed, I can no longer accept Paypal.  Chase quickpay (through Zelle), money order, or local pickup only

Offline

 

#7180 2021-02-24 5:54am

Forhisglory_1
Pro Member
From: Riverside, CA
Registered: 2017-01-12
Posts: 727
Bikes: 18
For Sale: 1
Website
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

johnu773 wrote:

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

After looking for a STA frame and mid school stem for a long time I finally picked these up on here. I literally can’t wait to build it up. The powder coated chrome looks way better than I expected. Plans so far are mid school Standard stem, Pitchforks from about 10 years ago with huge fork legs, steer tube cut way down on the forks with the Stranger  Ballast headset so the stem is low as possible. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ecdd2.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ece0f.jpeg

Looks great! Can't wait to see it built up & shreddin'  Going with black wheels or silver/chrome?

Right now the plan is to use a all black wheelset. Still trying to decide on 2 or 4 piece bars and black or chrome. Also thinking about running a black 28t GT overdrive sprocket with the polished cut outs.


For the right price everything is for sale.
I love Jesus and BMX.
Check out my blog at awakenosleeper

My struggle with being faithful
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=795894

Offline

 

#7181 2021-02-24 6:08am

johnu773
Pro MemberFlatland Dominator
From: Chicago, IL
Registered: 2008-07-07
Posts: 2780
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

johnu773 wrote:

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

After looking for a STA frame and mid school stem for a long time I finally picked these up on here. I literally can’t wait to build it up. The powder coated chrome looks way better than I expected. Plans so far are mid school Standard stem, Pitchforks from about 10 years ago with huge fork legs, steer tube cut way down on the forks with the Stranger  Ballast headset so the stem is low as possible. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ecdd2.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ece0f.jpeg

Looks great! Can't wait to see it built up & shreddin'  Going with black wheels or silver/chrome?

Right now the plan is to use a all black wheelset. Still trying to decide on 2 or 4 piece bars and black or chrome. Also thinking about running a black 28t GT overdrive sprocket with the polished cut outs.

Thats what I have on mine but 25T


Due to Illinois corruption, mismanagement & greed, I can no longer accept Paypal.  Chase quickpay (through Zelle), money order, or local pickup only

Offline

 

#7182 2021-02-24 7:28am

Forhisglory_1
Pro Member
From: Riverside, CA
Registered: 2017-01-12
Posts: 727
Bikes: 18
For Sale: 1
Website
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

I am loving this Stranger headset cap. I can’t believe I had never seen it prior to a few weeks ago.

So I am going to run a wheelset I have with a Primo Remix hub. Does anyone know where I can find a 10t driver for it? Or do if you know if the rumblings are true that a Profile mini driver will work with the Remix hub?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/239554/ef8c8368-fb5d-42d1-b0f4-8ff4eb0d7ab46036708365.jpeg

Last edited by Forhisglory_1 (2021-02-24 7:49am)


For the right price everything is for sale.
I love Jesus and BMX.
Check out my blog at awakenosleeper

My struggle with being faithful
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=795894

Offline

 

#7183 2021-02-24 8:32pm

suicidepan
Pro MemberSuper D ~ drchopper
From: California
Registered: 2008-08-26
Posts: 7449
Bikes: 55
For Sale: 23
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

Just got these after many years of searching. 1st gen 1993 standard strip bars in original finish with later decals applied in the 90's. Standard made many versions of the six piece strip bar.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19565/20210223_16354060372838e6.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19565/20210223_1635476037284b70.jpg


"Living well is the best revenge" "Give till it hurts"  - Drchopper
  Follow me on Instagram @Suicidepan666

Offline

 

#7184 2021-02-24 10:40pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Registered: 2012-07-25
Posts: 3256
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

suicidepan wrote:

Just got these after many years of searching. 1st gen 1993 standard strip bars in original finish with later decals applied in the 90's. Standard made many versions of the six piece strip bar.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2838e6.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 284b70.jpg

Nice! Congrats D. We we’re just talking about these.


"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Offline

 

#7185 2021-02-25 9:16am

jaymeatsack
Intermediate
From: Long Island, NY
Registered: 2007-12-28
Posts: 282
Bikes: 22
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

I am loving this Stranger headset cap. I can’t believe I had never seen it prior to a few weeks ago.

So I am going to run a wheelset I have with a Primo Remix hub. Does anyone know where I can find a 10t driver for it? Or do if you know if the rumblings are true that a Profile mini driver will work with the Remix hub?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 08365.jpeg

I have a Profile driver in a Primo mix, just had to run a small spacer on the axle internally between the driver and the hub.

Offline

 

#7186 2021-02-25 11:59am

suicidepan
Pro MemberSuper D ~ drchopper
From: California
Registered: 2008-08-26
Posts: 7449
Bikes: 55
For Sale: 23
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

JHARJO wrote:

suicidepan wrote:

Just got these after many years of searching. 1st gen 1993 standard strip bars in original finish with later decals applied in the 90's. Standard made many versions of the six piece strip bar.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2838e6.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 284b70.jpg

Nice! Congrats D. We we’re just talking about these.

Thank you cool


"Living well is the best revenge" "Give till it hurts"  - Drchopper
  Follow me on Instagram @Suicidepan666

Offline

 

#7187 2021-02-25 2:45pm

suicidepan
Pro MemberSuper D ~ drchopper
From: California
Registered: 2008-08-26
Posts: 7449
Bikes: 55
For Sale: 23
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

This is kind of cool and something some people may not know about. This is the evolution of the six piece strip bar.  The black bars in the 1st pic are 1st gen no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are cut square.  Second pic the raw finish bars are prototype 2nd gen, no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are milled flat. Third pic 2nd gen production bars, now we see the classic three ring knurling, tubes still milled flat across the bottom and a increase in the upsweep of the grip tubes. Fourth pic these are 3rd Gen bars from 1997 , these bars are narrower at the base the the 2nd gen and the upsweep has been reduced.  https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19565/20210225_1323496038286c25.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19565/20210225_1324456038287d0b.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19565/20210225_13263960382890b6.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19565/20210225_132717603828a14b.jpg


"Living well is the best revenge" "Give till it hurts"  - Drchopper
  Follow me on Instagram @Suicidepan666

Offline

 

#7188 2021-02-25 3:25pm

Forhisglory_1
Pro Member
From: Riverside, CA
Registered: 2017-01-12
Posts: 727
Bikes: 18
For Sale: 1
Website
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

suicidepan wrote:

This is kind of cool and something some people may not know about. This is the evolution of the six piece strip bar.  The black bars in the 1st pic are 1st gen no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are cut square.  Second pic the raw finish bars are prototype 2nd gen, no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are milled flat. Third pic 2nd gen production bars, now we see the classic three ring knurling, tubes still milled flat across the bottom and a increase in the upsweep of the grip tubes. Fourth pic these are 3rd Gen bars from 1997 , these bars are narrower at the base the the 2nd gen and the upsweep has been reduced.  https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 286c25.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 287d0b.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2890b6.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 28a14b.jpg

So awesome thanks for sharing. One of my favorite things about BMX stuff is having the same part or frame from different years and seeing the differences, especially when you know why the changes were made over time. One of the reasons I love this site!


For the right price everything is for sale.
I love Jesus and BMX.
Check out my blog at awakenosleeper

My struggle with being faithful
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=795894

Offline

 

#7189 2021-02-25 3:48pm

suicidepan
Pro MemberSuper D ~ drchopper
From: California
Registered: 2008-08-26
Posts: 7449
Bikes: 55
For Sale: 23
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

suicidepan wrote:

This is kind of cool and something some people may not know about. This is the evolution of the six piece strip bar.  The black bars in the 1st pic are 1st gen no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are cut square.  Second pic the raw finish bars are prototype 2nd gen, no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are milled flat. Third pic 2nd gen production bars, now we see the classic three ring knurling, tubes still milled flat across the bottom and a increase in the upsweep of the grip tubes. Fourth pic these are 3rd Gen bars from 1997 , these bars are narrower at the base the the 2nd gen and the upsweep has been reduced.  https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 286c25.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 287d0b.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2890b6.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 28a14b.jpg

So awesome thanks for sharing. One of my favorite things about BMX stuff is having the same part or frame from different years and seeing the differences, especially when you know why the changes were made over time. One of the reasons I love this site!

coolcoolcool


"Living well is the best revenge" "Give till it hurts"  - Drchopper
  Follow me on Instagram @Suicidepan666

Offline

 

#7190 2021-02-25 6:58pm

JHARJO
Pro Member
Registered: 2012-07-25
Posts: 3256
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

suicidepan wrote:

This is kind of cool and something some people may not know about. This is the evolution of the six piece strip bar.  The black bars in the 1st pic are 1st gen no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are cut square.  Second pic the raw finish bars are prototype 2nd gen, no knurling in the stem clamping area and the tubes at the bottom of the bars are milled flat. Third pic 2nd gen production bars, now we see the classic three ring knurling, tubes still milled flat across the bottom and a increase in the upsweep of the grip tubes. Fourth pic these are 3rd Gen bars from 1997 , these bars are narrower at the base the the 2nd gen and the upsweep has been reduced.  https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 286c25.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 287d0b.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2890b6.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 28a14b.jpg

So cool! Thanks for sharing D


"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Offline

 

#7191 2021-03-05 12:42pm

Woodmaster
Pro MemberMidnight Rider
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2018-12-24
Posts: 4539
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 5
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

Strength beyond strength https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/258026/0840afe7-38e2-4ca4-9a08-c05dd8c9660f604297b35c.jpeg


Side? I am on nobody's side, because Nobody is on my side, little orc.
                                           Treebeard

Offline

 

#7192 2021-03-05 6:45pm

suicidepan
Pro MemberSuper D ~ drchopper
From: California
Registered: 2008-08-26
Posts: 7449
Bikes: 55
For Sale: 23
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

A nice sticker pick up came in the mail today . Anyone have its match ?
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/19565/20210305_1232456042ecc74b.jpg


"Living well is the best revenge" "Give till it hurts"  - Drchopper
  Follow me on Instagram @Suicidepan666

Offline

 

#7193 2021-03-06 8:48am

Jared.P
Pro Member
From: San Diego, CA
Registered: 2011-02-20
Posts: 65
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

Forhisglory_1 wrote:

I am loving this Stranger headset cap. I can’t believe I had never seen it prior to a few weeks ago.

So I am going to run a wheelset I have with a Primo Remix hub. Does anyone know where I can find a 10t driver for it? Or do if you know if the rumblings are true that a Profile mini driver will work with the Remix hub?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 08365.jpeg

I have a Primo Mix Cassette with a 10t driver and it's from 2007 or 2008.  It was the last year they did a 10t and I was unable to find new 10t drivers after that.

However, they continued to use 10t Mix Cassettes on the Tip Plus "Integral" line of bikes.  If you can find an old Integral wheel, the 10t driver should work on a Mix and some newer ReMix hubs.

Profile drivers do not fit 4 pawl Mix or ReMix hubs (I've tried), but the pawls and springs are the exact same. 

I prefer 10t drivers myself, but on my 9t wheels I run a 26 or 27t sprocket and it still feels decent.


WTB: FBM Orphan, FBM Night Train (pool table green)

Offline

 

#7194 2021-03-06 9:40am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
From: West Sussex UK
Registered: 2010-04-09
Posts: 6542
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

suicidepan wrote:

A nice sticker pick up came in the mail today . Anyone have its match ?
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ecc74b.jpg

Get that scanned !


Limb by Limb we are gon cut dem down,
send fi the hacksaw, take out de tongue.

Offline

 

#7195 Yesterday 6:23pm

jimmyjambo43
Pro Member"bmx woodworker"
From: Novato, CA
Registered: 2010-03-10
Posts: 1794
Bikes: 278
For Sale: 42
Offline

Re: Standard Bykes post, lets get one started!! Post your bad a*s SBC's

250 TRLS as found smile
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/40598/3a72a4e1-d3a3-47ca-8032-81190f6d4e60607cdb9162.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/40598/0a3fbed7-9bc7-47a7-b7c9-65a872964139607cdb90cb.jpeg

Offline

 

Board footer