Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

BMX3353 wrote:

Mr Redline wrote:

BMX3353 wrote:

Just curious...
Why can't companies like Redline, Skyway, Hutch (and I'm sure there's others) operate without the "pre-order" dynamic?

I'm ignorant to this idea. I can see it being ok on certain offerings, but why the need for pre-ordering every time they make a frame?

Because the projects are not being directly done by the companies, and as is common practice with small concerns, they need capital upfront and a committed number of buyers to fund and assure the project. I would say that is also the case here at least to some extent.

Interesting. I guess it's a big difference from BITD when companies like Mongoose, Hutch, GT, Redline, etc. actually mass produced products and then had to actually sell them. Whether it was via distributor or to bike shops. The good old days when you could go to a LBS and see 10 bikes lined up and you just picked your color. Or could just order a frame or parts mail order. I don't recall the backorders or sold out inventories as much back then. Blame C19 if you want to. Different business model for sure.

I can only comment on the Redline project this thread is about, which is not being done by Redline, hence the situation.
Redline still makes and sells bikes the normal way as well as online, unfortunately ATM a shitload of new bikes and frames etc are stuck in shipping limbo due to the Container shortage courtesy of the Covid B.S...

Redlinebicycles.com
YouTube channel documenting from day one, my return to BMX after 35 years away:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1GBQx … DBkGX4GwOQ

#1727 2021-02-24 8:09am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberAin't nothing like a "$UCIO PARTY"
Bikes: 46
For Sale: 21

Rebelguy wrote:

Skyway_hayz wrote:

Otto_Maddox wrote:

+1

With all the free money the US government is giving out, they'd be complete fools to sell those stems for a penny less than $250 each.

This redline foundation is a big scam .  All we got so far are some fooking stupid drawings . Nothing real to look at ,  Dom has his head up Facebook's arse

And this is why you see more comments on Facebook than here.

Looks like DOM will probably not come around anymore,  since the museum gives him nothing but negative pressure!!!

Carry on....

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#1728 2021-02-24 8:52am

quick2
Pro MemberPaul thinks he's Schwinning but I already Schwonn
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 25

larsvegas43 wrote:

Rebelguy wrote:

Skyway_hayz wrote:

This redline foundation is a big scam .  All we got so far are some fooking stupid drawings . Nothing real to look at ,  Dom has his head up Facebook's arse

+10000000

Times infinity

Remember....if everyone came to a bike show without a bike, it would just be a bunch of dudes standing around in a park...and that's just creepy!  If you've got one, bring one.  -Me
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now..  -Master Shifu
*Looking for 2016 Lineage Haro Sport [img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/39961/lineagesportsmall5fc00b1478.jpg[/img]

#1729 2021-02-24 1:41pm

Dirty Habits

So say July comes around and nothing....

Can you sue someone for false advertising?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/Bs0GXj3ew6xxK/giphy.gif

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#1730 2021-02-24 4:46pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
Bikes: 3

https://www.redlinebmxfoundations.com/faq

"We predict the finished packages will be ready to ship in July 2021"

What is prediction mean?

A prediction is what someone thinks will happen. A prediction is a forecast, but not only about the weather. Pre means β€œbefore” and diction has to do with talking. So a prediction is a statement about the future. It's a guess, sometimes based on facts or evidence, but not always.

That already buys them until July 31st technically.  157 days from today.

Already managing expectations from the get go... "Hey Guys, COVID ya know. Sorry".

Last edited by brettweir89 (2021-02-24 4:52pm)

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground! -Obi-Wan Kenobi

#1731 2021-02-24 5:22pm

BMX3353
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

That's crazy. You folks would have been better off buying from Johnny True Torch or Gary Turner. Bonus for supporting USA manufacturers and small businesses in these trying times.

#1732 2021-02-24 5:37pm

spyker
Pro MemberiCe PiKK

BMX3353 wrote:

That's crazy. You folks would have been better off buying from Johnny True Torch or Gary Turner. Bonus for supporting USA manufacturers and small businesses in these trying times.

+1

I see many folks trashing anything made in Taiwan,yet they have no issues paying for the insane amount of what this frame set costs,yet it is made in mexico.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#1733 2021-02-24 5:41pm

HempKnight
Expert

brettweir89 wrote:

https://www.redlinebmxfoundations.com/faq

What is prediction mean?

A prediction is what someone thinks will happen. A prediction is a forecast, but not only about the weather. Pre means β€œbefore” and diction has to do with talking. So a prediction is a statement about the future. It's a guess, sometimes based on facts or evidence, but not always.

That already buys them until July 31st technically.  157 days from today.

Already managing expectations from the get go... "Hey Guys, COVID ya know. Sorry".

Covid should be over by then (hopefully), and so will the artificial bubble it's caused in collectable markets, watch prices fall as everyone gets back to work/living, and realise they don't have time for that new hobby wink

#1734 2021-02-24 7:59pm

Skyway_hayz
Centurion Member

Rebelguy wrote:

Skyway_hayz wrote:

Otto_Maddox wrote:

+1

With all the free money the US government is giving out, they'd be complete fools to sell those stems for a penny less than $250 each.

That shiet , they have 40 posts on FB  . We got 70 fooking pages. Dont piss in my pocket .

Queen trump . the girly boy . loser !

#1735 2021-03-12 5:01am

Skyway_hayz
Centurion Member

This thread is DEAD .

You think starting a new thread is going to fooking change anything , ha . I don't think so .

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=851242

Queen trump . the girly boy . loser !

#1736 2021-03-29 6:23pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

So, 123 days until the end of July when, according to Redline Foundations site, they predict frames will ship (per their FAQ). Going off their stated numbers of 135 each color, that's 405 frames total...would have to start making over 3 per day if they started today (which they don't appear to be anywhere near production yet). Remember, it's not just cutting and mitering the tubes, they have to jig them, weld, heat treat I assume, clean up and prep frames for paint, paint application, decal, boxing, as well get produced, prepped and packed all the promised accessories, and ship. Even if they ship by end of July, there's also customs/shipping to take into account as these are Hencho en Mexico.

Personally I think people will start getting them about October.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199820/untitled60627d7a47.jpg

Last edited by brettweir89 (2021-03-29 6:23pm)

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)

#1737 Today 7:32pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

lol     1     yikes        0            roll       2                  D                     sad                 A                yikes              Y              neutral              S

Last edited by brettweir89 (Today 7:36pm)

#1738 Today 7:45pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
For Sale: 3

brettweir89 wrote:

lol     1     yikes        0            roll       2                  D                     sad                 A                yikes              Y              neutral              S

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/21996/img607dfcff10.webp

Worked perfectly... πŸ˜…

#1739 Today 8:22pm

Dirty Habits

meanwhile DOM............ wait till the end!!!! big_smilebig_smile lollollol

Last edited by Dirty Habits (Today 8:23pm)

Board footer