You are not logged in.

Ace bmx question

#1 2020-07-29 11:14am

Wodiesel04
Museum Newbie

Ace bmx question

Curious if anyone has had any issues with ace bmx. I placed an order with them July 4th. I received an email back that my parts would be ordered and allow 2-3 weeks to receive them. I have not received anything yet and my credit card hasn’t been charged yet. I’ve tried to call them and email but not getting any response.

#2 2020-07-29 11:27am

gomer09
Pro Member

Re: Ace bmx question

I placed an order back in June.  Got a confirmation email and charged my card. Then received another email saying my order was updated/canceled.  Refund sent back to my credit card.

#3 2020-07-29 11:27am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 1

They have a history of leaving items on their page that are back ordered roll

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#4 2020-07-29 11:37am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

Theyre nothing more than a place that takes and makes orders,..middlemen. If they actually had all the items they list, their overhead would kill them.

Trust No One

#5 2020-07-29 11:38am

FU
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

Supplies of everything are pretty sketchy right now.
In a recent interview Mat Hoffman said that his HB warehouse was uncharacteristically empty enough to allow his son to set up skate ramps!?!

Duck, Duck, There goes your ad revenue! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I would just like to say that I apologize. For absolutely nothing at all. HA HA HA

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#6 2020-07-29 11:46am

wagonguy
Pro Member

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

Theyre nothing more than a place that takes and makes orders,..middlemen. If they actually had all the items they list, their overhead would kill them.

Yup, they're dropshippers. They take your order, then order from their supplier to ship directly to you. If their supplier is out of stock, you're out of luck.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

Would love to acquire a Sunn B-Mix 26.

#7 2020-07-29 12:22pm

ChrisHunt
Pro MemberWild Wheels
For Sale: 2

Unfortunately this has been typical for as long as I know.

82-86 NBL / Freestyl'n 83-86

#8 2020-07-29 12:34pm

spyker
Pro MemberChup@c@br@

This is acebmx in case anyone is wondering.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/37048/5e62c4725dfd5b94e1b6d338285ad5a1f75134b7_400x280_crop5f21cf4562.jpg

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#9 2020-07-29 1:00pm

MAIDEN GT fan
Pro MemberBMX To The Hills

spyker wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … cf4562.jpg

yikesyikeshmm

Free The Lil Beast!

#10 2020-07-29 1:19pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

MAIDEN GT fan wrote:

spyker wrote:

yikesyikeshmm

Truth lollol

Trust No One

#11 2020-07-29 1:21pm

olskoolbmxfreek
Pro Member

I ordered custom wheels and it took forever to get them but they are killer wheels..like everyone has said they are the middleman..my wheels came directly from TNT to me.

#12 2020-07-29 1:27pm

Morgan2020
Bikes: 3

TIMETOOSHINEBMX is even worse lol

Hey Robbie what's crappenin

#13 2020-08-25 12:52pm

wekfest_junior
Pro Member
Bikes: 20
For Sale: 1
Website

Yup, i am experiencing same run around. Did not know they were drop shippers until i saw this thread. Ordered in mid July for some Profile Anniversary Cranks that said they had. After payment was taken, I emailed asking for a tracking # A few days later and “Joe” emailed me that its on back order and later took it off website:rolleyes: he said 2 weeks “for me” to receive but nothing. I was patient and ordered a few smaller pieces(chain ring freewheel etc) and money taken. Waited 2 weeks, the. 3-4. Got frustrated and just Yesterday 8/24 i called and Joe answered. I asked about my 2 orders and he confirmed order and said “they’re processing”. I said after week #5 they’re both not shipped? He said “he will look into it more deeply” and keep me posted. Not holding my breath and now asking for refund my Wednesday (tomorrow) if no tracking #lessonlearned

New account/been a member since 2008
@wekfest_junior on Instagram
WEKFEST : International Car Show 🇺🇸 🇯🇵 🇮🇩
808 Oahu + 619 San Diego Raised
SF Bay Area Livin’ 510
Offroadin’ my Taco, BMX, Cars and DJing
https://youtu.be/NEs83RapflQ
https://youtu.be/4GS3MYW2CjI

#14 2020-08-25 5:20pm

turdburd
Pro MemberOver The Wall
Bikes: 6

MAIDEN GT fan wrote:

spyker wrote:

yikesyikeshmm

Building looks better in that pic than some other one I saw posted.

ABA Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123
RIP Matt C 4/09/97-12/22/20

#15 2020-08-25 5:51pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

MAIDEN GT fan wrote:

spyker wrote:

yikesyikeshmm

Yep, just:

Open browser.
Go to ACE BMX website.
Lookup address.
Cut and paste into Google Maps.
Go to street view.
Prepare to be AMAZED!

That place advertised a Haro DMC Master on this site when it was first coming out. I was not as savvy then and bought it, said 2 in stock. Then get runaround that it was backordered. Which being so limited, I figured was a bunch of BS. Told them I was starting a PayPal case, they refunded my money. Lesson learned.

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground! -Obi-Wan Kenobi

#16 2020-08-25 6:07pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

Ace Website right now:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199820/ace5f45b56007.png

American Cycle (same people) also has a "verify stock / delays / etc." message on that site.

Buyer beware... many of the online retailers are experiencing severe stock issues and shipping delays due to supply chain from overseas manufacturers and increased demand.

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground! -Obi-Wan Kenobi

#17 2020-08-25 8:05pm

Luke Bongwater
Pro MemberBikes In The Cargo Hold
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 6

These people are famous for being awful! Don’t ever buy from them!

Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy! The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour! He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited! That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility!' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits! You get your ass out there and you find that fu*king dog!!! (Billy Madison)

#18 2020-08-25 8:21pm

eric12
NI4NI

ChrisHunt wrote:

Unfortunately this has been typical for as long as I know.

Whatever happened on those Profile cranks?

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.

#19 2020-09-11 3:56pm

Hawked
Intermediate

They seem to be drop-shippers. They have had items that no one else had and the first time they removed everything from the original packaging and crammed it in a box, (likely to be cheap-asses) the 2nd time send me a pair of bars the wrong color I ordered, argued with me able it as they were the same and why I had an issue, take a guess. They eventually gave me a refund after I sent them back.

#20 2020-09-11 4:56pm

socaldude
Pro MemberThe Hawaiian Hacker
Bikes: 40
Website

brettweir89 wrote:

MAIDEN GT fan wrote:

spyker wrote:

yikesyikeshmm

Yep, just:

Open browser.
Go to ACE BMX website.
Lookup address.
Cut and paste into Google Maps.
Go to street view.
Prepare to be AMAZED!

That place advertised a Haro DMC Master on this site when it was first coming out. I was not as savvy then and bought it, said 2 in stock. Then get runaround that it was backordered. Which being so limited, I figured was a bunch of BS. Told them I was starting a PayPal case, they refunded my money. Lesson learned.

You ever get the bike you were after?

planetbicycle@yahoo.com

Would love to find my old Dirt Bike.  It was stolen in Pompano Beach, Florida in about 1996.  It's a '92 with the block graphics on a Green frame.  Pitchforks, Slam bars, King Headset, GT (DK-style) stem and GT/Profile cranks.  Superlace hubs.  Would really love to put this back in my collection.

#21 2021-01-31 4:04am

mroze1
Pro Member

Some time ago I ordered profile retros using a brand new credit card, first order on card.  Then I'm finding charges being made in Italy.  Canceled my order, got new card number, never went back to acebmx.  If I had seen this thread back then, I never would have bought from them.

bmxmuseum.com - Home of the speculative argument.

#22 2021-01-31 4:17am

troynlori
AdminShipbikes!
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 140

Interesting.  I have the feeling that many businesses are just this.  In fact, 1/2 the stuff on Ebay I think are middle people, often on the West Coast due to proximity for China. 

It's surprising that Ace can exist that way though, seems like people would just get things cheaper going direct.  Proof of the value of marketing I suppose.

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#23 2021-01-31 4:50am

Luke Bongwater
Pro MemberBikes In The Cargo Hold
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 6

Yeah never buy anything from them period! You have better luck getting better service from an eBay seller in BFE China with a feedback of 75 percent than having these clowns do the right thing...

Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy! The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour! He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited! That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility!' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits! You get your ass out there and you find that fu*king dog!!! (Billy Madison)

#24 2021-01-31 8:58am

spyker
Pro MemberChup@c@br@

Google search ACE bmx address and street view,tell me if the location resembles anything of a bikeshop or anything close to it.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

Board footer