You are not logged in.

USPS issues getting worse by the day?

#26 2020-07-15 2:14pm

getset
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Re: USPS issues getting worse by the day?

It took me three weeks to get a fork race last month shipped from a state that boarders my own.  I waited a month and a half for a fuel sending unit for my car and when I called them about it the hold time was so long I got a recorded message that they would call me back in 873 minutes, which didn't happen.  I think through it all I might finally be learning how to be more patient.  lol

#27 2020-07-15 2:19pm

QueensFinest72
Pro MemberNew York State of Mind

Just shipped a package from NY to MA. Took 2 days Priority. USPS $8.70
On a hunch, I just checked PirateShip. 96 Cents less. It's a modest saving. cool

#28 2020-07-15 2:19pm

QueensFinest72

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259631/screenshot_20200715-171443_chrome5f0f72e2ba.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259631/screenshot_20200715-171511_samsung-internet5f0f72e29d.jpg

#29 2020-07-15 4:57pm

olskoolbmxfreek
Pro Member

Well I received one of the packages earlier out of the blue..

#30 2020-07-15 4:58pm

ConcreteTrash
Pro MemberFrank The Gangsta
For Sale: 2

My local post office already tripled their shipping prices. I go broke shipping a frameset now. Not to mention I mailed a hutch out from Missouri to new york and it took almost 3 weeks to reach its destination. That's absurd.

R.h.e.c

#31 2020-07-15 5:02pm

QueensFinest72

ConcreteTrash wrote:

My local post office already tripled their shipping prices. I go broke shipping a frameset now. Not to mention I mailed a hutch out from Missouri to new york and it took almost 3 weeks to reach its destination. That's absurd.

Why didnt you try Bikeflights? Low prices and fast shipping. I just shipped a frame from NY to Minnesota and it only took 4 days.

#32 2020-07-15 5:06pm

Team3d
Pro MemberFKX Racing
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 17

Rebelguy wrote:

Is anyone else having weird delivery issues with USPS?  I understand a slow down in service but I’ve had two packages recently that have gotten to my nearby distro center with a scheduled delivery date only to have them both been shipped to another part of the country. They then have disappeared from tracking and are now both in “arriving later” limbo. It’s quite nerve racking with high dollar items.

Package went to the wrong sort facility is an uncommon mistakes that I see once a month, example, I send a package from Los Angeles to San Francisco, it went to New Jersey, when the package arrive in New Jersey, the local sort facility will find out & it will send it back to the San Francisco sort facility... just an extra days of waiting.., but it happens

Gt

#33 2020-07-15 7:54pm

Reedster
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

It’s been hit and miss with a few purchases lately. One came from the East coast to the West coast in 5 days and another from the same city as me and it took a week, they seem to get stuck  in a distribution center in Los Angeles Here like my last purchase it took 2 days to get from Denver to Los Angeles and 15 days to get to Long Beach it’s frustrating.

#34 2020-07-15 8:13pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberTR@P GOD$
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 12

the worse that could happen would be ......it simply disappears................. smile

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#35 2020-07-15 8:15pm

4inCycle
Expert

Dirty Habits wrote:

the worse that could happen would be ......it simply disappears................. smile

Not even close.

#36 2020-07-15 8:16pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberTR@P GOD$
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 12

Dirty Habits wrote:

if it does·n't show up, in around 2 months then i would get a bit worried........ smile

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#37 2020-07-16 9:51am

1fastmotodude
Pro Member
Bikes: 32

It seems as though USPS, and other companies are using the Corona virus as an excuse for poor service. USPS tracking has been a joke since Covid-19 was popularized in the media. I was unaware a post office scanner could get the Corona virus. The new thing we’ve been experiencing in addition to the on going problems, is that our packages make it through the last distribution center in route to the final destination, or even on the truck in front of my house , and get rerouted, to another part is of the state. Actually the most recent thing our house has been experiencing is, the package will be “Out for delivery” and for some reason be delivered to another post office, THEN SHOW AS DELIVERED on the tracking. WFT

Our postman is a cool dude, but he needs to ease up on the green in the morning. Had our son check my daughter-in-law’s old mailbox months after she moved, to catch anything that fell through the forwarding. He found her first class mail she’d been waiting on, our first class mail we’d been waiting on addressed to our address, as well as first class mail for other neighbors.

Mechanical Art...                                                                                                                                                       

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves .”

Abraham Lincoln

Jesus Saves . . .

#38 2020-07-17 1:23am

sycmatt
Pro Member
Website

9 days for a pair of Lotek shoes to get from California to my door step hear in the UK. When following the tracking, 6 of those days were spent within the confines of the US. I have to say though, I've recieved a few items via USPS during this Covid era and I hadn't noticed much of a slow down on the States side of things. Maybe international stuff gets more attention to detail or handled more efficiently, although it really shouldn't.

WTB Gack Gargoyle frame. WTB Rigid Cycles Street frame.

#39 2020-07-18 7:56am

Luke Bongwater
Pro MemberBikes In The Cargo Hold
For Sale: 6

USPS is a joke the last few months... wife has lost 3 packages, mail being delivered to wrong addresses and mailboxes and I am now awaiting tech 77 levers that made it over to Michigan no problem but as soon as they hit Detroit they froze dead for a week... I am asking senders to use UPS because of this. And yeah I think USPS is using the virus as an excuse to do an even crummier job at what they are already Do a crumby job at!

Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy! The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour! He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited! That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility!' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits! You get your ass out there and you find that fu*king dog!!! (Billy Madison)

#40 2020-07-25 3:30pm

mikel206
Pro Membermikel206
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 3
Website

Ditto I'm Having similar issues as of last week. Before that everything was moving right along. I drop somthing off at one post office and its accros the country in two days. Drop somthing at a different post office and it disapears into thin air. Got a couple of rl 20 ii forks in limbo now. Can't wait till they show up. I'm considering pulling all my ebay listings until this clears up.

#41 2020-07-25 4:30pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 2

Yep same here. I try to use FedEx or UPS more especially for eBay shipping. With the eBay discount FedEx is usually the same or similar cost and sometimes 2day only a few bucks more.

USPS is just too unreliable.

And shipping big and/or heavy stuff in the USA you should be using UPS or FedEx anyways since USPS is way more expensive with that stuff.

Bikeflights uses UPS.
Shipbikes uses FedEx.

Last edited by fairlyodddad (2020-07-25 4:35pm)

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#42 2020-07-25 5:17pm

mikel206
Pro Membermikel206
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 3
Website

fairlyodddad wrote:

Yep same here. I try to use FedEx or UPS more especially for eBay shipping. With the eBay discount FedEx is usually the same or similar cost and sometimes 2day only a few bucks more.

USPS is just too unreliable.

And shipping big and/or heavy stuff in the USA you should be using UPS or FedEx anyways since USPS is way more expensive with that stuff.

Bikeflights uses UPS.
Shipbikes uses FedEx.

Good to know. I've been considering switching to ups or fed ex. I used to use dhl but that was a long time ago and they dont offer US ground anymore.

#43 2020-10-13 8:41pm

centexcollector
Pro Member

FYI..........The U.S. Postal Service has proposed a temporary, holiday shipping rate increase to start on Sunday, October 18, 2020 and end on Sunday, December 27, 2020.

#44 2020-11-02 8:48am

Danielsam9
Museum Newbie

Have you tried Citizenshipper for your bikes shipping. I tried them two times since last year and i liked their service. Everything about this shipping experience was great (price, communications, on time delivery, payment ease).
So i don't mind to ship my high dollar stuffs using their service
https://citizenshipper.com/motorcycle-transportation
Meanwhile Bikeflight is also good option. These two are pretty good in terms of timely shipping and i faced less issues using them

#45 2020-11-19 8:03am

insertcoin
Pro Member
For Sale: 9

3 packages missing, not scanned until delivery, no updates to tracking, and how do you crush a seat post in the mail?

Life's short. Don't waste my time!

Will not deal with RB3, Elmon, Wabmx1,trickfox
I only ship to confirmed addresses

#46 2020-11-19 9:34am

slack
Pro Member
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 51

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/263847/3232325fb6ac5d6e.png

NOS Thompson Seatpost going from NY to Florida..  20 days so far

you must die! I alone am best

Board footer