You are not logged in.

Gt Lp-5 whats the word

#1 2020-09-19 8:41pm

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Floresville tx
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 1873
Offline

Gt Lp-5 whats the word

rumor has it.
There coming out in October again.
I know people bought them at one point and hoarded them. I pre-ordered a pair for 75. Bucks ship date. End of year.
So whats the word on these tires?
They gonna be available soon again?

Last edited by Hussler (2020-09-19 8:42pm)


😎

Offline

 

#2 2020-09-19 8:59pm

dan77
Pro Member
From: Texas
Registered: 2016-02-01
Posts: 1478
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Just buy these in the mean time and sell them to me for cheap when the GT tires arrive. lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-20-x1-75- … SwIgNXtg9k


Looking for a Hoffman Love Handles handle and small or medium Yeti made Schwinn Homegrown MTB frame. Or other Yeti made frames. Pair of Spurs tickets to all home games for sale or trade for 80's BMX.
If I owe you feedback let me know.

Offline

 

#3 2020-09-19 9:00pm

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Floresville tx
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 1873
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

dan77 wrote:

Just buy these in the mean time and sell them to me for cheap when the GT tires arrive. lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-20-x1-75- … SwIgNXtg9k

smile


😎

Offline

 

#4 2020-09-19 9:02pm

dan77
Pro Member
From: Texas
Registered: 2016-02-01
Posts: 1478
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word


Looking for a Hoffman Love Handles handle and small or medium Yeti made Schwinn Homegrown MTB frame. Or other Yeti made frames. Pair of Spurs tickets to all home games for sale or trade for 80's BMX.
If I owe you feedback let me know.

Offline

 

#5 2020-09-20 6:33am

that 80's guy
BILLY BAD A$$
From: Charleston, Sc
Registered: 2012-09-13
Posts: 912
Bikes: 5
Website
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Hussler wrote:

rumor has it.
There coming out in October again.
I know people bought them at one point and hoarded them. I pre-ordered a pair for 75. Bucks ship date. End of year.
So whats the word on these tires?
They gonna be available soon again?

Can you still pre order? I need a white set!!!


Sweepin' the leg and killin threads

Offline

 

#6 2020-09-20 6:51am

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Floresville tx
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 1873
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259620/screenshot_20200919-223449_chrome5f675e6246.jpg


😎

Offline

 

#7 2020-09-20 7:12am

AllanG
Expert
From: Adelaide, South Australia
Registered: 2009-05-22
Posts: 564
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Everyone knows that the amount they'll make this time won't nearly be enough.

Everyone except the clowns who decide anyway.

Offline

 

#8 2020-09-20 7:19am

ConcreteTrash
Pro MemberFrank The Gangsta
From: The South
Registered: 2019-06-16
Posts: 3717
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

I need a set in white asap.


R.h.e.c

Offline

 

#9 2020-09-20 9:36am

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Floresville tx
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 1873
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

AllanG wrote:

Everyone knows that the amount they'll make this time won't nearly be enough.

Everyone except the clowns who decide anyway.

What do you mean?
Make enough tires this go around?

Last edited by Hussler (2020-09-20 9:37am)


😎

Offline

 

#10 2020-09-20 9:47am

ConcreteTrash
Pro MemberFrank The Gangsta
From: The South
Registered: 2019-06-16
Posts: 3717
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Yep. Clearly the last batch wasn't enough. Plenty of ppl still after them. I almost pulled the trigger several times seeing them for sale here but didn't. Wish I would have.


R.h.e.c

Offline

 

#11 2020-09-20 9:53am

Atrains89
Pro Member
From: Joisey - New
Registered: 2018-10-13
Posts: 1769
Bikes: 5
Website
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

There were thousands of them made last go around. A few people ended up selling them out quickly and they were turned around on Evilbay for ridiculous up charges. I remember one set of LP5s going for $300. That’s what NOS LP2’s would go for.

I still have a few sets but I’m holding them for a project.

I heard most of the preorders are sold out too. My LBS says October for the tires to arrive in stock.

You will see the GT power series cranks back in stock too. That will get the prices back down. It was ludicrous that pre Covid you could get the cranks basically anywhere for $125 and now they are $400.

rollroll

Atrains89


I don’t care what you say....Day Glo pink is for men!

Offline

 

#12 2020-09-21 3:22am

AllanG
Expert
From: Adelaide, South Australia
Registered: 2009-05-22
Posts: 564
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Yep the writing is on the wall that however many they make this time it won't be enough.

Which is fine if they're going to continue making them.

Hopefully most people are like me and only really need 2 or 3 sets for builds, but would like another 4 or 5 sets to futureproof their needs.

People who are buying them now just to resell are absolute scum.

Offline

 

#13 2020-10-02 4:00pm

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Floresville tx
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 1873
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Do you think the next ones will be lp-6
Why the recent price jump?

Last edited by Hussler (2020-10-02 4:00pm)


😎

Offline

 

#14 2020-10-02 4:37pm

QueensFinest72
Pro MemberNew York State of Mind
From: New York City
Registered: 2019-02-28
Posts: 3096
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Hussler wrote:

rumor has it.
There coming out in October again.
I know people bought them at one point and hoarded them. I pre-ordered a pair for 75. Bucks ship date. End of year.
So whats the word on these tires?
They gonna be available soon again?

I preordered 2 sets in Black Yesterday. white is Sold out. $60 set free shipping. Released at at end of Oct.

Offline

 

#15 2020-10-02 10:33pm

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Floresville tx
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 1873
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Do you think there going to be exactly the same? Where did that release info come from?


😎

Offline

 

#16 2020-10-03 6:42am

Atrains89
Pro Member
From: Joisey - New
Registered: 2018-10-13
Posts: 1769
Bikes: 5
Website
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

They will be exactly the same, LP5 as the last production run.

The word from many bike shops is pretty much the same;

“GT products: Many items (no tires) the 3rd or 4th week of September. Most tires near the end of October.“ - Porkchop BMX

“2020 LP-5 Heritage Tire BKT 20 x 1.75in

TIRES ARE SOLD AS A SINGLE TIRE! not pairs
ONCE YOU ORDER YOUR TIRE YOU ARE LOCKED IN! THERE IS NO CANCELLING ORDERS AS WE ARE ADDING TO OUR PRE ORDER EVERY DAY!
White/gum and black/gum tires are pre ordering now, will ship in  end of the year! 

even thou it shows available.. means available for pre order!  shipping in november” - PowersBmx

Cooksbrothers is the best source fir the preorder arrival.

I’m hearing November as well and most of that are back order fills not stock for shelf and selling.

Regards,

Atrains89


I don’t care what you say....Day Glo pink is for men!

Offline

 

#17 2020-10-03 7:26pm

Hussler
Pro Member
From: Floresville tx
Registered: 2019-02-27
Posts: 1873
Offline

Re: Gt Lp-5 whats the word

Atrains89 wrote:

They will be exactly the same, LP5 as the last production run.

The word from many bike shops is pretty much the same;

“GT products: Many items (no tires) the 3rd or 4th week of September. Most tires near the end of October.“ - Porkchop BMX

“2020 LP-5 Heritage Tire BKT 20 x 1.75in

TIRES ARE SOLD AS A SINGLE TIRE! not pairs
ONCE YOU ORDER YOUR TIRE YOU ARE LOCKED IN! THERE IS NO CANCELLING ORDERS AS WE ARE ADDING TO OUR PRE ORDER EVERY DAY!
White/gum and black/gum tires are pre ordering now, will ship in  end of the year! 

even thou it shows available.. means available for pre order!  shipping in november” - PowersBmx

Cooksbrothers is the best source fir the preorder arrival.

I’m hearing November as well and most of that are back order fills not stock for shelf and selling.

Regards,

Atrains89

Thank you for this !


😎

Offline

 

Board footer