You are not logged in.

Wayne’s collection  RSS Feed

#476 2020-02-08 9:59am

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member
From: Mason City, IL
Registered: 2006-12-06
Posts: 11320
Bikes: 30
For Sale: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

Bporter wrote:

jakester720 wrote:

This is like that seed lab in Norway...honest, pristine examples of a bygone era, before Monsanto and Sal...

Most won’t understand but good analogy!

I completely get it and actually laughed out loud.


Misanthropy is the general hatred, dislike, distrust or contempt of the human species. THAT'S ME!!

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, GJS, Navajo, Nomura, GHP and Prodyne!!!

BMX Museum: where every single score thread is followed by a for sale thread fifteen minutes later.

PART OUT ALLLLLL THE OG SURVIVORS because the ONLY thing that matters in BMX collecting is the MONEY.

Offline

 

#477 2020-02-08 11:27am

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
From: Huntley, IL
Registered: 2013-10-06
Posts: 3752
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 7

Re: Wayne’s collection

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Bporter wrote:

jakester720 wrote:

This is like that seed lab in Norway...honest, pristine examples of a bygone era, before Monsanto and Sal...

Most won’t understand but good analogy!

I completely get it and actually laughed out loud.

I must admit that I didn't get it at first, but then I figured you must have meant the seed vault not a lab.


“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------

Offline

 

#478 2020-02-08 11:39am

Gylles Smyth
Pro Member
From: Bellevue, WA
Registered: 2011-12-15
Posts: 927
Bikes: 11

Re: Wayne’s collection

Minx20 wrote:

johnnyC wrote:

what do you have on display that is shitty?

Roll back towards the beginning on the thread. The Hutch stuff is there.
















tonguelol

I'm now literally cleaning up the Diet Mountain Dew that shot out of my nose and on to the screen.  lol


I'm not a shredder, just a songwriter that plays too many notes.


46-50 Novice - USA BMX WA-01 - 2014 FTB Revolution AA-Pro - https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/factory_team_bikes/104086

Online

 

#479 2020-02-08 11:41am

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
From: Huntley, IL
Registered: 2013-10-06
Posts: 3752
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 7

Re: Wayne’s collection

Gylles Smyth wrote:

Minx20 wrote:

johnnyC wrote:

what do you have on display that is shitty?

Roll back towards the beginning on the thread. The Hutch stuff is there.
















tonguelol

I'm now literally cleaning up the Diet Mountain Dew that shot out of my nose and on to the screen.  lol

lol at both lol


“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------

Offline

 

#480 2020-02-08 3:53pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
From: Queens, NYC
Registered: 2014-05-29
Posts: 4582
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 14

Re: Wayne’s collection

^^^^^lollollol


Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

Offline

 

#481 2020-02-08 11:15pm

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 1243
Bikes: 8

Re: Wayne’s collection

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Bporter wrote:

jakester720 wrote:

This is like that seed lab in Norway...honest, pristine examples of a bygone era, before Monsanto and Sal...

Most won’t understand but good analogy!

I completely get it and actually laughed out loud.

I guess especially that Sal part at the end did it for you... lol

Last edited by DutchRipper (2020-02-08 11:16pm)


Bmx

Offline

 

#482 2020-02-08 11:15pm

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2016-09-10
Posts: 1243
Bikes: 8

Re: Wayne’s collection

Doublepost

Last edited by DutchRipper (2020-02-08 11:17pm)


Bmx

Offline

 

#483 2020-02-21 12:19pm

beej1968
Pro Member
From: Somewhere southwest of Seattle
Registered: 2007-01-19
Posts: 2075
Bikes: 38

Re: Wayne’s collection

Amazing!!! cool


Last edited by my wife (Today 8:00am)

Offline

 

#484 2020-02-25 7:12am

djvnub
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2010-04-25
Posts: 686
Bikes: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

This is the first time I’ve seen this thread I’m absolutely amazed I’ve seen a few collections but nothing compares to this. Hands down you win!

Offline

 

#485 2020-03-15 7:11am

gable74
Pro Member
From: Lake Shore, MD
Registered: 2018-06-21
Posts: 283
For Sale: 2

Re: Wayne’s collection

Makes me want to just give up my quest for stuff.  You already have it all....lol

Make a pile of cool stuff of your choosing. 
Sell $20 raffle tickets. 
Winner gets to pick one of anything in your pile.

I am in for 5 tickets....lol.

Last edited by gable74 (2020-03-15 7:11am)


The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do.

Offline

 

#486 2020-03-17 1:28pm

Rebelguy
Pro Member
From: Northern California
Registered: 2019-09-23
Posts: 249

Re: Wayne’s collection

Pieces of this collection have started to be raffled off on the Bro Facebook page. There have been a choice pieces up for grabs.

Offline

 

#487 2020-03-17 2:29pm

rspartz
Pro Member
From: MN
Registered: 2013-11-20
Posts: 620
For Sale: 1

Re: Wayne’s collection

Rebelguy wrote:

Pieces of this collection have started to be raffled off on the Bro Facebook page. There have been a choice pieces up for grabs.

Ha, have you seen the prices?

I choose not to participate in most the raffles and will no longer support the inflated prices if i can help it.

Having done my research over the years. I know few of these items are over inflated and it is shameful. Like say the $1800 dx cranks, $700 dx seat post, or $250 tuf power disc etc on ebay along with many other of his items that are sitting there. I often feel it is more of a fad to say you have an item from the collection then actually scoring the item you may use. Sadly for some this is just a lottery ticket, pay 10 and end up with 1k if you win as tyhey just relist it.

Take your time and actually look for the specific items you need and you would be surprised. There is lots of awesome members in the forum as well on FB that will still square you away.

Last edited by rspartz (2020-03-17 2:32pm)

Online

 

#488 2020-03-17 3:19pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member
From: Mason City, IL
Registered: 2006-12-06
Posts: 11320
Bikes: 30
For Sale: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

He's got stuff on Ebay too.


Misanthropy is the general hatred, dislike, distrust or contempt of the human species. THAT'S ME!!

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, GJS, Navajo, Nomura, GHP and Prodyne!!!

BMX Museum: where every single score thread is followed by a for sale thread fifteen minutes later.

PART OUT ALLLLLL THE OG SURVIVORS because the ONLY thing that matters in BMX collecting is the MONEY.

Offline

 

#489 2020-03-17 3:43pm

gunnermg1
Pro Member
From: Warwick R.I
Registered: 2019-05-25
Posts: 374
Bikes: 4

Re: Wayne’s collection

rspartz wrote:

Rebelguy wrote:

Pieces of this collection have started to be raffled off on the Bro Facebook page. There have been a choice pieces up for grabs.

Ha, have you seen the prices?

I choose not to participate in most the raffles and will no longer support the inflated prices if i can help it.

Having done my research over the years. I know few of these items are over inflated and it is shameful. Like say the $1800 dx cranks, $700 dx seat post, or $250 tuf power disc etc on ebay along with many other of his items that are sitting there. I often feel it is more of a fad to say you have an item from the collection then actually scoring the item you may use. Sadly for some this is just a lottery ticket, pay 10 and end up with 1k if you win as tyhey just relist it.

Take your time and actually look for the specific items you need and you would be surprised. There is lots of awesome members in the forum as well on FB that will still square you away.

I agree wholeheartedly


Common sense...dont deny it and you ought not to defy it.

Offline

 

#490 2020-03-17 4:04pm

morrisd
Pro Member
From: Nu Jerzy
Registered: 2017-03-29
Posts: 81

Re: Wayne’s collection

WOW...... I could pay for my kids college with that collection! THREE TIMES!!!! Lol. Very cool Wayne.

Offline

 

#491 2020-03-17 5:11pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI
From: M'Boro, TN
Registered: 2012-10-09
Posts: 15720
For Sale: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

yikes GLWS

Last edited by eric12 (2020-03-17 5:34pm)


You can't put a price on peace of mind.

As the sprocket turns......so do the days of corona virus -Dollazhollaz

Offline

 

#492 2020-03-17 5:55pm

tomknox
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2012-06-06
Posts: 1630
For Sale: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

His eBay prices lollol

Offline

 

#493 2020-03-17 6:24pm

Bporter
Pro Member
From: Carlisle, Ontario, Canada
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 957
Bikes: 1

Re: Wayne’s collection

tomknox wrote:

His eBay prices lollol

Find comparable pieces more modestly priced in today’s market!

He is not offering up used items but rather rare, NOS items that discerning collector's are searching for and will pay good $ for.

If the demand is there, they sell

Cure for high prices is.... high prices

I just love going back and perusing through his amazing collection, glad he shared it with the rest ofbus!


The only place the success comes before work is in the dictionary

Offline

 

#494 2020-03-17 7:08pm

bnd
Pro Member
From: Utah
Registered: 2010-12-13
Posts: 773
Website

Re: Wayne’s collection

Bporter wrote:

tomknox wrote:

His eBay prices lollol

Find comparable pieces more modestly priced in today’s market!

He is not offering up used items but rather rare, NOS items that discerning collector's are searching for and will pay good $ for.

If the demand is there, they sell

Cure for high prices is.... high prices

I just love going back and perusing through his amazing collection, glad he shared it with the rest ofbus!

Well said & I agree.
The guy lets the public in for a look behind the curtain, it's all "ohhs & ahhs" until he starts letting some stuff go & all of a sudden he's out of line for such insane prices? Now THAT's funny!

Reminds me of Barry Badridnath said, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it". lol

b.


I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

Offline

 

#495 2020-03-17 7:20pm

Cw_guy
Pro Member
From: Ia
Registered: 2018-12-05
Posts: 696
Bikes: 8

Re: Wayne’s collection

Lots of stuff wow, had to make another drink to read it all, love some of the things people put like my biain no woorky, something like that lol I about spit up my drink lol


I paint bikes!!
50s and 60s cars 80s Bmx big_smile
Wtb 87 General hustler pro pair of chrome fork
Wtb red tuf neck seat clamp
Wtb 90 master basher bashguard!
P.m Thanks!

Offline

 

#496 2020-03-17 8:12pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI
From: M'Boro, TN
Registered: 2012-10-09
Posts: 15720
For Sale: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

Meh.....

Last edited by eric12 (2020-03-17 8:13pm)


You can't put a price on peace of mind.

As the sprocket turns......so do the days of corona virus -Dollazhollaz

Offline

 

#497 2020-03-17 9:22pm

tomknox
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2012-06-06
Posts: 1630
For Sale: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

425.00 plus 11.00 to ship some repop Oakley grips hmm he makes Haney prices look dull lol

Offline

 

#498 2020-03-17 9:25pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
From: Nashville
Registered: 2009-03-09
Posts: 18424
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 5
Website

Re: Wayne’s collection

tomknox wrote:

425.00 plus 11.00 to ship some repop Oakley grips hmm he makes Haney prices look dull lol

Yeah, shipping is a little steep.


BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Offline

 

#499 2020-03-17 9:28pm

tomknox
Pro Member
From: NC
Registered: 2012-06-06
Posts: 1630
For Sale: 3

Re: Wayne’s collection

Maybe it's the doughnuts that justify the price spike yikes

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/93606/screenshot_20200318-0025205e71a3211e.png

Offline

 

#500 2020-03-17 9:35pm

KillnIt
Pro Member
From: Nor-Cal
Registered: 2016-08-25
Posts: 172
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Re: Wayne’s collection

tomknox wrote:

Maybe it's the doughnuts that justify the price spike yikes

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a3211e.png

The problem is, he came onto the scene around 2008-2009 and was late. So he paid a premium for everything he hoarded after the good stuff was already snatched up before his time. So his prices are adjusted accordingly to what he paid. But the scene is not as big as it use to be but he's still trying to get back what he paid for his goods and then some.....

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →