Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

Any way to repair the links for all the pics.? cool

Feedback means squat, use paypal only.!

#102 2019-09-10 8:39am

Mattybmx
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

this thread brings back some great memories..and an epic fail by me!

I became friends w/ Moeller in 87 as he came to Tacoma WA to race nationals up here and he was travelling with Pistol Pete, Claude Seveeny, and Richard Fleming, and we rode the spot I helped build; Pete's Backyard. Chris had the 1st K-9 he was testing. Shortly after; myself, Virgil Stuck, Jimmy Nelson and Robert Cook got on the 1st S&M NW team back in 1988, and had gotten some of the 1st batch of S&M's. We had gotten K-9's and raced them up here in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Long story short, the Cooks made frames were made w/ .035 tubing instead of .049 and most of them cracked, including mine. I hit up Chris, he couldn't help at the time, and me being young and just turned A-Pro, bounced to another team, and the frame went in my dad's shed..and when we moved, the cracked K-9 frame went in the trash..oh well!!

good times back then and it's truly amazing what Chris built with S&M and Fit, and how awesome BMX continues to be!

#103 2019-09-10 9:31am

theflowrider
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Mattybmx wrote:

I became friends w/ Moeller in 87 as he came to Tacoma WA to race nationals up here and he was travelling with Pistol Pete, Claude Seveeny, and Richard Fleming, and we rode the spot I helped build; Pete's Backyard. Chris had the 1st K-9 he was testing. Shortly after; myself, Virgil Stuck, Jimmy Nelson and Robert Cook got on the 1st S&M NW team back in 1988, and had gotten some of the 1st batch of S&M's. We had gotten K-9's and raced them up here in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Long story short, the Cooks made frames were made w/ .035 tubing instead of .049 and most of them cracked, including mine. I hit up Chris, he couldn't help at the time, and me being young and just turned A-Pro, bounced to another team, and the frame went in my dad's shed..and when we moved, the cracked K-9 frame went in the trash..oh well!!

good times back then and it's truly amazing what Chris built with S&M and Fit, and how awesome BMX continues to be!

cool

#104 2019-09-10 12:02pm

TEXJLE
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Mattybmx wrote:

Well said!  Pretty lucky to be able to say you cracked a K-9 on the track cool

If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it.
-Mat Hoffman

S&M is a very spiritual company…a lot of people think we drink a bunch or smoke weed to relax but actually we’re more into transcendental meditation and getting in touch with our feelings.
- Mad Dog lol

#105 2019-09-10 1:33pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
For Sale: 4

ChiliDawg wrote:

Any way to repair the links for all the pics.? cool

If you click on papalones bikes, its in there.

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

#106 2019-09-10 1:38pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
For Sale: 4

Mattybmx wrote:

I can relate to this, I've thrown away a bunch.  Moeller has held it together for quite a while now! Im really impressed, and grateful!

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

#107 2019-09-12 5:19pm

papalone13
Museum Addict
Bikes: 32
Website

Sadly, my computer crashed and lots of photos were lost. I am still in the process of recovering all the photos. I’ll update in the future, might be awhile though. Bummer.

#108 2019-09-12 9:09pm

wvbmxer420
Pro Member
Bikes: 27

do you still own this bike?

#109 2019-09-14 2:27am

KillnIt
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1