#1101 2019-08-29 8:12pm

changachump
Pro MemberMikey likes it
Bikes: 4

Re: SO WHATS YOUR JOB????

Hobbes12 wrote:

changachump wrote:

changachump wrote:

I just got laid off. Got a decent severance package, so I am going to take the summer to find myself.

Haha. Update.

My company just hired me back at my old rate plus 10%. Turns out they need me.

So essentially, they paid me to take the summer off and re-hired me with a 10% raise. lol

lol

lol Plus I contracted for them this summer for 160 hours.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27489/ta5964a92927.jpg[/img]
A lie goes around the world in the morning while the truth is still putting it's pants on.
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free." - Red
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
"We're all gonna die, but right now we're not dead." -Joe Rogan

#1102 2019-08-29 8:14pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 1
Website

changachump wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

changachump wrote:

Haha. Update.

My company just hired me back at my old rate plus 10%. Turns out they need me.

So essentially, they paid me to take the summer off and re-hired me with a 10% raise. lol

lol

lol Plus I contracted for them this summer for 160 hours.

Nice! cool

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#1103 2019-08-30 4:47am

72ss454
Pro MemberRETIRED SKATEBOARD COLLECTOR
Bikes: 2

Well, I'm about to change jobs within my company. For the last three years I have been the head of technical scheduling for both companies. Someone decided that everything in scheduling needs to be in Texas at the parent company. For nearly three months, I have been told not to worry, I was going to be taken care of, going to get a great new position and a raise. Last Friday, the head of HR called and said there was nothing available and I needed to do the leg work to secure my future with the company.  Last weekend I almost listed all my bikes and skateboards for sale to prepare for being laid off work. Made a few calls and Monday I secured a position in our Drafting department. I will no longer be salary, but I get to keep my hourly rate, plus I will be working a minimum of 55 hour weeks. So, I just got a big raise after all. lol

I keep buying and selling, so I guess I wasn't happy with the four I had left.

#1104 2019-08-30 10:23am

changachump
Pro MemberMikey likes it
Bikes: 4

Good news!

'I love it when a plan comes together'.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27489/ta5964a92927.jpg[/img]
A lie goes around the world in the morning while the truth is still putting it's pants on.
"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free." - Red
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
"We're all gonna die, but right now we're not dead." -Joe Rogan

#1105 2019-08-30 10:37am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

72ss454 wrote:

Well, I'm about to change jobs within my company. For the last three years I have been the head of technical scheduling for both companies. Someone decided that everything in scheduling needs to be in Texas at the parent company. For nearly three months, I have been told not to worry, I was going to be taken care of, going to get a great new position and a raise. Last Friday, the head of HR called and said there was nothing available and I needed to do the leg work to secure my future with the company.  Last weekend I almost listed all my bikes and skateboards for sale to prepare for being laid off work. Made a few calls and Monday I secured a position in our Drafting department. I will no longer be salary, but I get to keep my hourly rate, plus I will be working a minimum of 55 hour weeks. So, I just got a big raise after all. lol

Good thing it all worked out for you in the end! Your situation is why I always keep a rainy day fund just in case life takes a turn for the worse.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 is $20!

#1106 2019-08-30 1:11pm

72ss454
Pro MemberRETIRED SKATEBOARD COLLECTOR
Bikes: 2

spyker wrote:

72ss454 wrote:

Good thing it all worked out for you in the end! Your situation is why I always keep a rainy day fund just in case life takes a turn for the worse.

I have/had the one job no one wants as it has the highest stress level in the company.  I thought I was safe and I have been doing a wonderful job of making things work even under the worst circumstances.  The other half of scheduling, production, was having all sorts of issues.  To rectify these issues, they want to start over with a whole new team.  The funny part, the problems were already in Texas, so let's fix the problems by bringing everything under one roof where all the problems were to begin with.  Business logic, I assume. lol 
My situation would not have been a situation if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing.  In Texas, they had a couple a places they wanted me to go here in the Alabama location to fix a few problems.  However, the two departments they wanted me to go to, had the next spots available promised out to other employees.  It was a weird ordeal as everyone wanted me to stay employed with the company, but no one had a position available.  The drafting manager hired me back as a drafting department clerk doing a small nothing clerical/order entry job in 2014.  A year and a half later I was over the technical schedule for Alabama.  At the two year mark I was the head of the technical schedule for both companies.  He knows my work ethic and also how quickly I pick up and absorb knowledge.  Starting at the bottom in Quality Control, but will quickly by trained in AutoCAD to start detailing Permit drawings.
This is not my first rodeo with my company.  I started in the plant fresh out of high school in 1995.  Took an accounting clerk position doing filing and order entry in 1998.  Started basic purchasing of office supplies near the end of 1998, and by the end of 1999, I was one half of the Purchasing department.  The middle of 2001 I was the purchasing department and I purchased every item that came into this office and plant, plus another plant in Indiana.  Former Parent company based out of Nebraska decided to downsize and my position was relocated to Nebraska. 
I do not have anything more than an Associates degree in Business Administration.  I slipped up my senior year and ended up becoming a father much earlier than I had planned.  I tried to do both college and work full time, but it was difficult as I had full custody of my son since he was 3-1/2 years old.  I've worked low level to high level jobs.  I am not scared of a challenge as I have proven multiple times that I can start out from the bottom and make it close to the top.   I'm too a point where I know at 42, I need to worry more about stability than wasting money or adding debt.  I decided two years ago that since it was me and a dog, I would buy a mobile home and put it on my grandmother's old land that was left to my mother.  I bought a single wide as I don't need much space.  I plan to build a decent sized garage/shop one day soon, but first, I want to pay off all debt house included.  Already have my new Jeep Compass paid off in less than two years, so it shouldn't take too many years to pay off the house.  The threat of losing my job terrified me as I knew it would be difficult to start near my current salary, so all my plans would get extended again.

I keep buying and selling, so I guess I wasn't happy with the four I had left.

#1107 2019-09-02 9:57pm

MossGreen97jeepXJ
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
Website

Former blasting and rough grinding gravimetric coal feeders b4 the recession now Auto repossession in discretion...to my family and friends im just a bohemian/beatnik writer and painter

Buy-Sell-Repo..

They’re BMX bikes made to ride! I dont sell Dyno’s to make a profit, thats a Corporate mindset! Those are People who don’t ride, remember that!

1986 Pontiac Parisienne Brougham

#1108 2019-09-10 2:00pm

USFBull
Pro MemberSouth Florida Freak!

Registered Nurse going on 10 years next year. I teach nursing at one of the local colleges and work part time at a hospital downtown.

"It is the little grey cells, mon ami, on which one must rely."

#1109 2019-09-10 2:43pm

Marr
Museum Newbie

Longtime lurker, newbie member, but I love these kinds of posts..

Senior Project Manager in Telecom - going on 12 years now.  Working on my first custom build (Colony Oz-One) as we speak big_smile

#1110 2019-09-10 5:29pm

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman

USFBull wrote:

Registered Nurse going on 10 years next year. I teach nursing at one of the local colleges and work part time at a hospital downtown.

Are you involved in the preceptor program? I spent a lot of time in our ER in my past life and a little as a FTO.

#1111 2019-09-10 5:51pm

USFBull

oldnky wrote:

USFBull wrote:

Are you involved in the preceptor program? I spent a lot of time in our ER in my past life and a little as a FTO.

I was a preceptor for student nurses where I last worked when I was a charge nurse. I teach last semester clinicals for BSN students now. It's a lot of fun.

#1112 2019-09-10 8:18pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Bikes: 37
Website

USFBull wrote:

oldnky wrote:

USFBull wrote:

I was a preceptor for student nurses where I last worked when I was a charge nurse. I teach last semester clinicals for BSN students now. It's a lot of fun.

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#1113 2019-09-11 5:34am

USFBull

Hobbes12 wrote:

USFBull wrote:

oldnky wrote:

That's how I walk into my patient's rooms lol

Board footer

View Cart →