You are not logged in.

SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

#801 2019-08-16 3:58pm

80sbikedude
AdminBugs Bunny Bmx'er
From: Tarrant County
Registered: 2006-06-14
Posts: 15669
Bikes: 67
For Sale: 1
Website
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Spang wrote:

Nice one!

Yes, nice pick up.......


ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

Offline

 

#802 2019-08-16 6:05pm

DMC69
Member
From: Ohio
Registered: 2019-02-14
Posts: 33
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

82 Sweet Thunder
https://i.ibb.co/HzBkPSt/20190816-210205.jpg

Offline

 

#803 2019-08-16 6:07pm

Spang
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Registered: 2013-09-15
Posts: 2648
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

My sister had one very similar to this called the Desert Rose.

Offline

 

#804 2019-08-16 8:11pm

Crashman
ModeratorTo Get Me Riled
From: Mount Pleasant, MI
Registered: 2012-04-22
Posts: 7836
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

I just pealed the inventory tag off a 1980s Huffy. Because it was yellowed. And I didn't want potential buyers to know it was that old.

Because I'm selling it as a commuter bike :p

Last edited by Crashman (2019-08-16 8:12pm)


Wanted: OPC shells for 6005 bearings (47mm)

Offline

 

#805 2019-09-06 2:44pm

jray02r1
Pro Member
From: Eau Claire, WI
Registered: 2014-03-24
Posts: 3667
Bikes: 34
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Finished putting together my 1980 Pro Thunder 3.  Fun old bike.  My kids think its cool to ride around too.  Its come a long way since i saved it from the scrap heap this past winter.  I stripped it down.  Gave it a bath in Naval Jelly to neutralize rust.  Then i cleaned all the parts up, and regreased everything upon assembly.  I found a few parts locally cheap to spruce it up a little.  Including red anodized Sumo rear rim laced to red anodized SR freewheel hub and Suntour freewheel.  Then i put on some old red lined tires that were sitting in my shed.  Found a red and chrome sprocket, red anodized rear brake, and black Odyssey lever in a local bike shop basement.  Then i added a white Odyssey cable and some red A'ME grips.  My friend tossed me a cheapo number plate to throw on and well here we are.  Its no Profile Champ, but its still a pretty cool vintage bmx.  They dont make them like this anymore. cool


https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/208397/20190906_1603195d72d08f08.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/208397/20190906_1606595d72d0bdc1.jpg

As found : 

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/208397/20190317_1647115d2ee6aaa3.jpg

Last edited by jray02r1 (2019-09-06 2:46pm)

Offline

 

#806 2019-09-06 5:08pm

Spang
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Registered: 2013-09-15
Posts: 2648
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Looks great! Nice save. I LOVE the old Pro Thunders. Not a top of the line bike but very fun to cruise on and they looked pretty cool too.

Offline

 

#807 2019-09-07 5:44am

mxfan69
Pro MemberCalm, Cool, and Collected
From: Pace Florida
Registered: 2010-02-06
Posts: 5645
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

jray02r1 wrote:

Finished putting together my 1980 Pro Thunder 3.  Fun old bike.  My kids think its cool to ride around too.  Its come a long way since i saved it from the scrap heap this past winter.  I stripped it down.  Gave it a bath in Naval Jelly to neutralize rust.  Then i cleaned all the parts up, and regreased everything upon assembly.  I found a few parts locally cheap to spruce it up a little.  Including red anodized Sumo rear rim laced to red anodized SR freewheel hub and Suntour freewheel.  Then i put on some old red lined tires that were sitting in my shed.  Found a red and chrome sprocket, red anodized rear brake, and black Odyssey lever in a local bike shop basement.  Then i added a white Odyssey cable and some red A'ME grips.  My friend tossed me a cheapo number plate to throw on and well here we are.  Its no Profile Champ, but its still a pretty cool vintage bmx.  They dont make them like this anymore. cool


https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d08f08.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d0bdc1.jpg

As found : 

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … e6aaa3.jpg

That turned out really great looking. Love the redline tires too


WTB - Race Inc Centerline Fork with OG finish Gold Paint and OG Decals

Offline

 

#808 2020-01-14 2:57pm

bmxmom196
Museum Addict
From: St. Clair,Mo.
Registered: 2013-07-24
Posts: 1540
Bikes: 3
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

ek210 wrote:

got it from my cousin when i was  8 maybe 9  is this a huffy ?
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/ … G_2140.jpg

no a Spartan
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/002_copy405_blowup.jpg

Offline

 

#809 2020-01-14 3:10pm

Crashman
ModeratorTo Get Me Riled
From: Mount Pleasant, MI
Registered: 2012-04-22
Posts: 7836
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

bmxmom196 wrote:

ek210 wrote:

got it from my cousin when i was  8 maybe 9  is this a huffy ?
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/ … G_2140.jpg

no a Spartan
https://bmxmuseum.com/image/002_copy405_blowup.jpg

Definitely not Huffy, please remove from this thread before it ends up confusing some poor newb.


Wanted: OPC shells for 6005 bearings (47mm)

Offline

 

#810 2020-10-07 8:22am

Spang
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Registered: 2013-09-15
Posts: 2648
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

bump
Any new Huffy's out there?

Offline

 

#811 2020-10-07 1:13pm

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE
Pro Member
From: SOMEWHERE IN WI
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 2395
Bikes: 66
For Sale: 13
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Pair of Z2


https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/91975/20200129_1725075f7e2158ae.jpg


Se Racing

Offline

 

#812 2020-10-07 1:29pm

Crashman
ModeratorTo Get Me Riled
From: Mount Pleasant, MI
Registered: 2012-04-22
Posts: 7836
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Spang wrote:

bump
Any new Huffy's out there?

Just my For Sale photo:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/Huffy-Racing-20-1_blowup.jpg


Wanted: OPC shells for 6005 bearings (47mm)

Offline

 

#813 2020-10-07 1:41pm

Spang
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Registered: 2013-09-15
Posts: 2648
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

They always seem to be missing those Gold Araya rims lol.

Offline

 

#814 2020-10-07 1:59pm

mxfan69
Pro MemberCalm, Cool, and Collected
From: Pace Florida
Registered: 2010-02-06
Posts: 5645
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Spang wrote:

bump
Any new Huffy's out there?

I’ve picked up two in the past year and hoping to finish cleaning them up and get them posted up here and in MY BIKES.

1975 Thunder Road
1982 Z2

Have repop frame decals for both as both are currently decal naked. They both still have their OG head tube decals and the little BMX certified decals. The Z2 has the OG pads still with it too. Found fenders for the Thunder Road, but still looking for the round frame plate and rectangular front plate.


WTB - Race Inc Centerline Fork with OG finish Gold Paint and OG Decals

Offline

 

#815 2020-10-07 2:10pm

Spang
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Registered: 2013-09-15
Posts: 2648
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

mxfan69 wrote:

Spang wrote:

bump
Any new Huffy's out there?

I’ve picked up two in the past year and hoping to finish cleaning them up and get them posted up here and in MY BIKES.

1975 Thunder Road
1982 Z2

Have repop frame decals for both as both are currently decal naked. They both still have their OG head tube decals and the little BMX certified decals. The Z2 has the OG pads still with it too. Found fenders for the Thunder Road, but still looking for the round frame plate and rectangular front plate.

Glad you finally picked up a Z2.

Offline

 

#816 2020-10-07 2:23pm

Crashman
ModeratorTo Get Me Riled
From: Mount Pleasant, MI
Registered: 2012-04-22
Posts: 7836
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Spang wrote:

They always seem to be missing those Gold Araya rims lol.

I used to pull Huffy out of the dumpster, pull the wheels, and toss the bike back in.


Wanted: OPC shells for 6005 bearings (47mm)

Offline

 

#817 2020-10-07 2:26pm

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE
Pro Member
From: SOMEWHERE IN WI
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 2395
Bikes: 66
For Sale: 13
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Crashman wrote:

Spang wrote:

They always seem to be missing those Gold Araya rims lol.

I used to pull Huffy out of the dumpster, pull the wheels, and toss the bike back in.

For sure and the dia compe brakes.  These Z2s will both be posted for sale once I grab them out of the attic the wheels went  on this Thruster Tri lol

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/91975/20170929_1336275f7e329b96.jpg

Last edited by OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE (2020-10-07 2:28pm)


Se Racing

Offline

 

#818 2020-10-07 4:11pm

Rolexmd69bmxaloT
Pro Member
From: Tarpon Springs Florida
Registered: 2018-07-25
Posts: 472
Bikes: 25
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/254499/9e589b52-2215-48d7-9e79-f9c1c35d89e75f7e4aea69.jpeg
$15 and still trying to get spray paint off where someone painted some spots about 20yrs ago.  Goo gone and a rag are doing it but it’s work


Life is short.  Spend it!  Looking for: I will PAY top dollar for a Fishbone 1-1/8 X-UFO  detangler.  Also need Hevron Haro stem.  Have mid school goodness to trade also.

Offline

 

#819 2020-10-07 4:55pm

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Registered: 2007-08-13
Posts: 2935
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Any more love for Huffy's mid school era?
I always thought those early MJ12's that were more like a trails bike (when Jimmy Levan was on the team) are cool.


I would just like to say that I apologize. For absolutely nothing at all. HA HA HA

BOLO: 2017 BLACK/TEAL LINEAGE
CUSTOM HARO SPORT STOLEN IN PA MAY 2020!

My censored posts are gold.

Offline

 

#820 2020-10-08 6:10pm

kegger
Pro Memberbarbarian by blood, pirate by choice
From: the foothills of pikes peak
Registered: 2008-02-09
Posts: 6660
Bikes: 9
Website
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/12381/1008201719b15f7fb829b5.jpg

this one is not mid school, its oldschool as it gets

heres one ive been putting together lately
kinda ugly and rides as odd as it looks lol

Last edited by kegger (2020-10-08 6:11pm)


A WISE MAN ONCE SAID.........   NOTHING...


HE LET HER VENT, THEN THEY WENT UPSTAIRS AND HAD SEX


Power is Nothing Without Control

Offline

 

#821 2020-10-08 6:13pm

80sbikedude
AdminBugs Bunny Bmx'er
From: Tarrant County
Registered: 2006-06-14
Posts: 15669
Bikes: 67
For Sale: 1
Website
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Where is the rest of them? tongue


ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

Offline

 

#822 2020-10-08 6:26pm

CorporateMobster
Pro Member
From: NY,NY
Registered: 2015-08-29
Posts: 417
Bikes: 5
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

[img]

Last edited by CorporateMobster (2020-10-08 6:28pm)


Be kind, you never know what your fellow man is going through.

Offline

 

#823 2020-10-09 1:48pm

Spang
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Registered: 2013-09-15
Posts: 2648
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

Just picked up my Second Pro Thunder 2 like I had BITD. Love these!!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/200821/84f1242c-59ef-4b43-9d25-adbc0a13f7e35f80cc8aae.jpeg

Offline

 

#824 2020-10-09 2:46pm

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE
Pro Member
From: SOMEWHERE IN WI
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 2395
Bikes: 66
For Sale: 13
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/91975/20170730_1759295f80da4b55.jpg


Se Racing

Offline

 

#825 2020-10-09 4:51pm

84master
Pro MemberThe Banquet Boss
From: Whately, MA
Registered: 2008-11-03
Posts: 2105
Bikes: 100
Offline

Re: SHOW YOUR HUFFY LOVE

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/22473/img_20190409_100631020_hdr5f80f79545.jpg

Sigma pit


Urban Cycles/Madrone Components

Offline

 

Board footer