North Carolina Riders  RSS Feed

#40326 2019-08-09 6:16pm

Bri2001
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 1

Re: North Carolina Riders

Rick all your rides are/were very cool

Profile Champ Pro 1985 - My childhood bike owned since late '80s.

I finally submitted a few of my bikes to the museum so check them out and fave them if you like smile

#40327 2019-08-09 6:20pm

Magboy
Pro Member
Bikes: 20

Thanks Brian

Looking for
Original finish and decal Race Inc Ra10.  Bike shop decal a plus.

#40328 2019-08-14 5:13am

macr0w
Pro Member
Website

cool

"My goal in life is to go into an office and take a brick in an office and put it next to a napkin in an office."

#40329 2019-08-16 8:24am

FairParkBMXer
Pro Member
For Sale: 16

carbon8 wrote:

World cup BMX race with gripped festival and vintage bike show in Rock hill Sept 12-14th. Planned show day on Saturday sept.14th . This looks interesting boys.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/2019- … sc.156293/

I got a little more information about the Gripped Festival today.  It's going to be a full weekend with all bike types represented.

Velodrome track racing all day Friday and Saturday.

Friday Night World Cup Supercross race #1 from 5-9:30.  This is just the pro's racing (may include Juniors, but I'm not sure), so not an amature race.  This is gonna be world class talent and racing.

Saturday:

Carolina Cup (USABMX) Championship double pointer race, registration starts at 9, racing at 11.

Mountain bike racing

Criterium Racing

King Stunt show at 11 and 2.

UCI World Cup Supercross race #2 at 5.

For the bike show, they are putting up a huge tent for show bikes! Awards for prewar, postwar, bmx, mtb and skinny tire will be awarded. If showing bikes, they told me no charge. Come about 30 mins before it starts to setup (admission starts at 8). Tell them you are showing.

Also (I need to double check that this is still on) we are trying to pull together an old school one lap no crap race during the break before the mains at the USABMX race.  I'll post up if that will be happening, so if any of you want to bring your helmets and ride a lap, that would be cool.  Last time we had 4 in the gate.  Would be rad to see a full gate or more smile

Here's the link to the schedule:

https://bmxrockhill.com/?page_id=732&am … ncCQryxHkI

Here's the flier:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/251563/gripped-festival5d56ca2497.jpg

Last edited by FairParkBMXer (2019-08-16 8:28am)

#40330 2019-08-16 3:23pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Bikes: 10
Website

Hopefully Keith brings his varsity squad, it would be nice to catch up with him and some of his older team members.

Will we be able to ride bikes around the venue or is this a park and walk type of event? I can bring bikes to "show" but they are by no means show bikes.

"If you're gonna eat shit, don't nibble on it."

#40331 2019-08-17 6:36pm

carbon8
Expert
Bikes: 3

JTinNC wrote:

Hopefully Keith brings his varsity squad, it would be nice to catch up with him and some of his older team members.

Will we be able to ride bikes around the venue or is this a park and walk type of event? I can bring bikes to "show" but they are by no means show bikes.

Thanks for the info Chris, I'll  bring a small variety of bikes. I wouldn't miss this one with the world's best racing at night, just too much bike stuff in one place to miss.

JT, this is a huge facility to tool around on; grass areas, tons of parking lots and large walkways that circle the track. There is a river trail/greenway there too. I've never seen it but will check it out this time.

There's so much I'd like to do at this one but don't have enough room to bring that many bikes. I'm doing mostly show but may bring an older BMX for the track. Would love to do the MTB race too. hmm   

Hope we get fairly good weather for this one.

#40332 2019-08-17 6:48pm

carbon8
Expert

Hey Chris, Where did you confirm the show categories?  Just wanted to confirm the MTB category, don't see much on the show. I know its free to show bikes but are we also not having to pay the $10 Entry fee?  You must have talked with Ivan?

#40333 2019-08-20 9:19pm

FairParkBMXer
Pro Member

carbon8 wrote:

Hey Chris, Where did you confirm the show categories?  Just wanted to confirm the MTB category, don't see much on the show. I know its free to show bikes but are we also not having to pay the $10 Entry fee?  You must have talked with Ivan?

I asked on the Hurricane Coasters Facebook site for more info.  All of that about the tent, categories, and when to show up I copied right from there response.  I was a little surprised too about MTB, but thought it would be cool. I also took it to mean no charge for entry to the whole thing if you are showing a bike.  I wonder about the UCI event, though. Not sure if they are charging admission separately or not.  I'll ask Mike at the track Friday and let you know what I find out about that.  We have 5 in my family, so that adds up quickly.

I'm gonna bring as much as I can for the show, but I won't be riding.  Unfortunately, i took a digger last weekend and broke my collarbone. I'm really bummed about it, but it is what it is.  I'm looking forward to this event a ton anyway big_smile

#40334 2019-08-21 3:43am

Magboy
Pro Member
Bikes: 20

FairParkBMXer wrote:

carbon8 wrote:

I asked on the Hurricane Coasters Facebook site for more info.  All of that about the tent, categories, and when to show up I copied right from there response.  I was a little surprised too about MTB, but thought it would be cool. I also took it to mean no charge for entry to the whole thing if you are showing a bike.  I wonder about the UCI event, though. Not sure if they are charging admission separately or not.  I'll ask Mike at the track Friday and let you know what I find out about that.  We have 5 in my family, so that adds up quickly.

I'm gonna bring as much as I can for the show, but I won't be riding.  Unfortunately, i took a digger last weekend and broke my collarbone. I'm really bummed about it, but it is what it is.  I'm looking forward to this event a ton anyway big_smile

Sorry to hear about that hope you have speedy recovery.

Looking for
Original finish and decal Race Inc Ra10.  Bike shop decal a plus.

#40335 2019-08-21 3:52pm

carbon8
Expert

That sucks Chris, previously broke both of mine road riding that's why I keep a few slings handy. With you being injured they may not have an old school race so maybe I won't set up a bike for that? I'll probably call it for BMX racing after the gold cup final and go back to distance riding as its too darn dangerous. I went down once this year after a touch of bars and briefly blacked out. You know Ed is out too with broken left arm and broken right wrist from Richmond race.

Hope to see you and a few guys at this event, it is going to be a great one with the best racers in the world there and all the other bike activities.

#40336 2019-08-22 1:17am

tiggy1190
Pro Member
Bikes: 44
For Sale: 2

Should this bother me a much as it is? It's just a flat tire. sad

https://greenville.craigslist.org/bik/d … 19558.html

Disabled Veteran, US Army Aviation, 4/2 ACR Special Over Water Operations, "Toujours Pret"

Honor is not an award in which you receive, but a reward for what you gave

Support the PORK!

#40337 2019-08-23 7:28am

macr0w
Pro Member
Website

neutral

"My goal in life is to go into an office and take a brick in an office and put it next to a napkin in an office."

#40338 2019-08-23 1:51pm

RadicalNick
Pro MemberRetired ODSY HRDR
Bikes: 14

carbon8 wrote:

World cup BMX race with gripped festival and vintage bike show in Rock hill Sept 12-14th. Planned show day on Saturday sept.14th . This looks interesting boys.

Yep...gonna try to make this one ..need to see you boys again.

Carbon8...I PM'd you...

44t BMX Club - NC Chapter

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."
Craig Stecyk - Skateboarder Magazine - 1975

#40339 2019-08-23 1:51pm

RadicalNick

Sup Teddy, macr0w, JT, Rick!

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."

#40340 2019-08-23 1:52pm

RadicalNick

89fiveohman wrote:

Well scratch that can't get the pic uploaded lol

Sup Mike! How are thing in WNC

#40341 2019-08-23 1:58pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Bikes: 10
Website

RadicalNick wrote:

What's up Nick! I'm also planning to make it to this show. Haven't been able to do anything bike related since we were in Raleigh.

"If you're gonna eat shit, don't nibble on it."

#40342 2019-08-23 4:55pm

carbon8
Expert

JTinNC wrote:

RadicalNick wrote:

What's up Nick! I'm also planning to make it to this show. Haven't been able to do anything bike related since we were in Raleigh.

This festival reminds me of my childhood going into the bike shops. I'm not going to know what to do first or which way to turn with all that will be happening. I do look forward to the world's best racing under the lights and with the 1st straight gap jump and the 2nd straight turn/berm jump this track makes for some exciting pro action and the party don't end til 11pm after the band . pretty darn cool to be a part of this since bikes have been my life for like 40 years.

Hoping we get great weather for it! cool

#40343 2019-08-23 7:39pm

RadicalNick

carbon8 wrote:

JTinNC wrote:

RadicalNick wrote:

This festival reminds me of my childhood going into the bike shops. I'm not going to know what to do first or which way to turn with all that will be happening. I do look forward to the world's best racing under the lights and with the 1st straight gap jump and the 2nd straight turn/berm jump this track makes for some exciting pro action and the party don't end til 11pm after the band . pretty darn cool to be a part of this since bikes have been my life for like 40 years.

Hoping we get great weather for it! cool

Sounds like fun! I hope so too Todd (On the weather).

#40344 2019-08-24 7:38am

89fiveohman
Centurion Member

RadicalNick wrote:

89fiveohman wrote:

Well scratch that can't get the pic uploaded lol

Sup Mike! How are thing in WNC

Hey Nick! Things are ok on this end, hope all is well on yours!

''A little less conversation and a little more riding''... Hecktor Dangus

#40345 2019-08-24 8:09am

FairParkBMXer
Pro Member

carbon8 wrote:

That sucks Chris, previously broke both of mine road riding that's why I keep a few slings handy. With you being injured they may not have an old school race so maybe I won't set up a bike for that? I'll probably call it for BMX racing after the gold cup final and go back to distance riding as its too darn dangerous. I went down once this year after a touch of bars and briefly blacked out. You know Ed is out too with broken left arm and broken right wrist from Richmond race.

Hope to see you and a few guys at this event, it is going to be a great one with the best racers in the world there and all the other bike activities.

Yea, I heard about Ed. That’s terrible. Seems like a much tougher one than what I’ve got.

I had my fall riding some backyard jumps. Took the jumps ok, but the berm was really bumpy. Took it with way too much speed and my front tire washed right out. Went down hard and quick. Lesson learned...terrain matters.

I talked to Matt Beynon and Mike King last night. Mike was cool with whatever, but Matt was really the one organizing things, and he’s not really able too now. He’s an actual full time employee with the city, so he didn’t think he’d be able to take care of it. Plus, it’s against their rules for the working employees to ride the track. Crazy rules...

I’m gonna say the old school race probably is not gonna happen at this point, which is kinda a bummer. There were a couple of kids that were really excited that was going to let them use a couple of my minis. Maybe I’ll still take them and set them up for those kids.

Either way, the show should be cool. I confirmed with Mike that if you show up early to put a bike in the show, you will get in no charge. Good for all day including the World Cup race that evening. They will be using wrist bands each day.

#40346 2019-08-27 4:25am

macr0w
Pro Member
Website

Sounds like a good time.
William and I will be trying to make it. cool

#40347 2019-08-28 1:45am

tiggy1190
Pro Member
Bikes: 44
For Sale: 2

RadicalNick wrote:

Hey man! How are you?

Disabled Veteran, US Army Aviation, 4/2 ACR Special Over Water Operations, "Toujours Pret"

Honor is not an award in which you receive, but a reward for what you gave

Support the PORK!

#40348 2019-09-05 5:46pm

DamageInc
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 8
Website

The kids last day of being 5 over the weekend so we went for one more ride at 5. Hopefully us adults can get something together now that the weather should be cooling off. Been way too long.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/132277/6615b44e-9a71-4839-bb93-13c6c49146435d71abde38.jpeg

-----[[[[((@@@****************@@@))]]]]-----   Looking for.....

#40349 2019-09-05 6:27pm

Bri2001
Pro Member
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 1

DamageInc wrote:

The kids last day of being 5 over the weekend so we went for one more ride at 5. Hopefully us adults can get something together now that the weather should be cooling off. Been way too long.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … bde38.jpeg

cool

Let's do it!!!!

Profile Champ Pro 1985 - My childhood bike owned since late '80s.

I finally submitted a few of my bikes to the museum so check them out and fave them if you like smile

#40350 2019-09-13 3:19pm

RadicalNick

FairParkBMXer wrote:

carbon8 wrote:

I got a little more information about the Gripped Festival today.  It's going to be a full weekend with all bike types represented.

Velodrome track racing all day Friday and Saturday.

Friday Night World Cup Supercross race #1 from 5-9:30.  This is just the pro's racing (may include Juniors, but I'm not sure), so not an amature race.  This is gonna be world class talent and racing.

Saturday:

Carolina Cup (USABMX) Championship double pointer race, registration starts at 9, racing at 11.

Mountain bike racing

Criterium Racing

King Stunt show at 11 and 2.

UCI World Cup Supercross race #2 at 5.

For the bike show, they are putting up a huge tent for show bikes! Awards for prewar, postwar, bmx, mtb and skinny tire will be awarded. If showing bikes, they told me no charge. Come about 30 mins before it starts to setup (admission starts at 8). Tell them you are showing.

Also (I need to double check that this is still on) we are trying to pull together an old school one lap no crap race during the break before the mains at the USABMX race.  I'll post up if that will be happening, so if any of you want to bring your helmets and ride a lap, that would be cool.  Last time we had 4 in the gate.  Would be rad to see a full gate or more smile

Here's the link to the schedule:

https://bmxrockhill.com/?page_id=732&am … ncCQryxHkI

Here's the flier:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ca2497.jpg

Whos headed down too this?

Board footer

View Cart →