You are not logged in.

Why are modern bike names and brands themed with such darkness?  RSS Feed

#126 2019-08-12 10:22am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 18

Re: Why are modern bike names and brands themed with such darkness?

as far as dark names...aint everything going this route?

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Have you noticed how much the new C 8 CORVETTE looks like the FERRARI?

i think it has more to do with being a mid engine then actually looking like a ferrari

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#127 2019-08-12 6:40pm

JPDUBBS
Museum Newbie

Draw wrote:

as far as dark names...aint everything going this route?

i mean the original corvette was designed to be mid engine.....

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Have you noticed how much the new C 8 CORVETTE looks like the FERRARI?

i think it has more to do with being a mid engine then actually looking like a ferrari

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 dyno vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton, 2016 fitbikeco hoodbird

#128 2019-08-12 6:43pm

JPDUBBS
Museum Newbie

BlueCollarNobody wrote:

JPDUBBS wrote:

old guys are the fudds of the bmx world. cult is also owned by chris cole a proskater and who skated for ZERO and listens to hardcore music.. alot of midschool bmx riders listen to death metal, hardcore and punk..

How "old" is old? Just wondering big_smile

guys who rode in the 80s and now just collect bikes with chicago'd bars and cant even hop a curb. i mean i started in 94 when bmx was influenced by hardcore have stuff like eddie romans ride on, glenn pp mulligans new york hardcore video, fbm stuff

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 dyno vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton, 2016 fitbikeco hoodbird

#129 2019-08-12 6:59pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 77
For Sale: 1

JPDUBBS wrote:

BlueCollarNobody wrote:

JPDUBBS wrote:

old guys are the fudds of the bmx world. cult is also owned by chris cole a proskater and who skated for ZERO and listens to hardcore music.. alot of midschool bmx riders listen to death metal, hardcore and punk..

guys who rode in the 80s and now just collect bikes with chicago'd bars and cant even hop a curb. i mean i started in 94 when bmx was influenced by hardcore have stuff like eddie romans ride on, glenn pp mulligans new york hardcore video, fbm stuff

I most be a exception I was born in the 70's may 25 1970 yet
my bars are not  chicago'd bars
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/6905/dsc020905d521950e2.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/6905/dsc020895d52195201.jpg

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#130 2019-08-12 7:24pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

Freek! Nice Holy Diver bike! Believe that was going to be a Hoby Doan (?) pro model and then he left or got fired from S&M so they renamed it Holy Diver as was already designed and being manufactured.

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

#131 2019-08-12 7:28pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O

@JPDUBBS ... I get what you are saying, but then again the middle aged guys are the ones with the money and keeping BMX going in big $$$ either building old or new bikes, or supporting their kids by buying their bikes and parts. The market is responding with more of these 26" and 29" "BMX" cruisers to keep the older riders happy and riding and spending $$$. Also, there are older people with medical/health/fitness reasons which would preclude them from riding hard but they still want to be involved in the sport. I say good for them. BMX needs all the help it can get. I do think though like any other hobby there are the bad element just out to flip for cash and shady as F methods. Gonna get that anywhere though unfortunately.

Saying all that, agreed going "Chicago" on bars that should be a punishable offense... lol

Last edited by brettweir89 (2019-08-12 7:30pm)

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
Hey Fella! You're a turkey! -Jim Goose (MFP)

#132 2019-08-12 7:40pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 77
For Sale: 1

brettweir89 wrote:

Freek! Nice Holy Diver bike! Believe that was going to be a Hoby Doan (?) pro model and then he left or got fired from S&M so they renamed it Holy Diver as was already designed and being manufactured.

yup he asked for a pay raise. Chris Moeller said sure you can make more money riding BMX . so he laid him off / let him go. so he could go find a company. that will pay him more.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#133 2019-08-12 7:46pm

BlueCollarNobody
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

JPDUBBS wrote:

BlueCollarNobody wrote:

JPDUBBS wrote:

It's really more about the individual. There are young guys how dont like hardcore stuff and older guys who do. I'm 48 still ride and like metal yada yada.  But there are other responsibilities in life or maybe health issues that hold some people back from doing all the things they did or want to do. There's nothing wrong with asking the question. Those "fudds" layed the foundation that  these brands built an industry on. Takes everyone to keep the bmx world going round.

#134 2019-08-24 2:35am

DariusRZ
Museum Newbie

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

spyker wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

F ... it

https://www.espn.com/action/bmx/news/st … =cult-crew

Robbie was a racer BITD ... when he started Cult and left Fit, he took a of the team with them.
S&M and Fit are essentially the same brand. There be some bad blood / hard feelings there.

Personally I like Cult ... own their frames and parts. They make good stuff. Its one of the brands kids really go for. Its edgy and stuff.
Got to give it to Robbie, he hit on something with the image / marketing ... brand does extremely well.

Like others here have said, kids want to be "cool" and like it or not, the historic brands just don't have that wow factor.

The truth about all this is,when Robbie left S&M,he did not take majority of the team with him to start Cult,they left on their own due to being more loyal towards him over Chris.A Fit factory rider told me this on a automotive forum we are members at when this just happened,he too left Fit for Cult with the rest.

For a while now Cult seems to be the top dog in the NS bikes game.Now I wonder if the younger kids even ride S&M branded products anymore,or is it just the older generation who are still fond of the brand.

it's just us and the few kids we have had and bran washed to like it. we bought them their fist real bike. it was either Haro,GT or S&M. because that's what we love. so we told them it's what's Rad / cool. tongue

Even then if you think about it, guy didnt just name it "cult" because it sounded cool, he probably named it that because of the cult following that helped him start and maintain the company! guy leaves s&m and starts a new company and has other s&m pros and workers follow him out, sort of like a "cult following" or "cult crew" if you ask me

#135 2019-08-24 5:27am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

AlurencatBMX wrote:

cbrstar wrote:

P.O.D was a Christian band that I remember all the kids listening to bitd.

Alive is fantastic. Still in my playlist today.

I liked a couple of Creed songs. Again in my playlist.

12 Stones has a few good songs too.

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

Board footer

View Cart →