You are not logged in.

I Just Lost My Brother  RSS Feed

#126 2019-06-06 7:52pm

dan77
Pro Member

Re: I Just Lost My Brother

Truly sorry for your loss. Stay strong.

Looking for a small Yeti made Schwinn Homegrown MTB frame. Or other Yeti made frames. Pair of Spurs tickets to all home games for sale or trade for 80's BMX or nice Odyssey Pitbull brake.
If I owe you feedback let me know.

#127 2019-06-06 8:03pm

Giginfrogg
Pro MemberFroggy
Bikes: 3

Yup. Condolences P. Fly high

If I owe you feedback PM me. My inbox is like a WAR zone.
Wanted: 24 or 26" Quadangle F/F 1" threaded version non canti. What ever maker it may be....

#128 2019-06-06 8:38pm

bmxerpete
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

So sorry to hear this Perront, may he rest in peace.

#129 2019-06-06 8:43pm

azaussie
Pro Member
Bikes: 17

Really sorry for your loss Perront.

#130 2019-06-06 9:38pm

sdredline25
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 4

Condolences 

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I lost my brother in 1990 he was 27 and I was 21 so sorry to hear   

God bless you and family

#131 2019-06-06 9:44pm

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

smile

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#132 2019-06-06 9:59pm

LaughnJar
Pro MemberMuseum Lawyer
Bikes: 2

Can't believe I didn't see this sooner. 

My positive thoughts and energy to you and others through the grieving to the healing processes!  Never easy but always inevitable.   Remember his life and try to recall times you both smiled or laughed together.

Peace brother.

HUTCH please, neat or on the rocks;  black'n'chrome or chrome'n'black, pure and unadulterated...like savoring a 20 year old single malt Scotch.  If I wanted a candy color flavor, I'd have ordered a glass of Haro.

"Stop the car, I'm gettin' out.  I can't take it.  Hey look out there's somebody coming
And there's nothin' you can do about it!"

#133 2019-06-06 10:30pm

flock53
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

Sorry for your loss.. My brother had a VERY close call at work last week.

Dragon Energy

#134 2019-06-07 4:13am

oldskoolkel
Museum Addict

That sucks fella. Virtual hugs from a fellow unknown BMX oldie....smile

1983 Porsche 911 SC,1978 Ford Capri 3.0 xpack
2011 26" OM Flyer, 2010 metal wrap retro looptail PK, 2000 aluminium Mongoose SGX 24".

#135 2019-06-07 5:05am

opedogg47
Pro Member
Bikes: 41
For Sale: 6

Sorry for the loss of your brother! Godspeed.

#136 2019-06-07 3:09pm

starfield
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Sorry bud.  He had good taste in music, that's a great tune.
Jackson Brown saw a young Stevie ray Vaughan live and donated his studio to Stevie to record
his first album, that's a good guy right there

#137 2019-06-07 5:12pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel
Bikes: 12
For Sale: 3

perront wrote:

Thanks, Ray, everybody. smile

Brett, overall, I've been doing okay, but I hit a rough patch yesterday.  I was eating dinner with one of my sons, just watching him standing at the kitchen sink.  I got to thinking about how horrible this whole thing must be for my parents, and I had to excuse myself from the room.

Good to hear that you are hanging in there brother. I can see making that connection and how I would have to excuse myself as well.  If you need to reach out from your normal daily routine or just outside of the box,  feel free to give me a call, text or PM me.  I am always around Perron. Just wanted to throw that out there in case you need to get anything off your chest.

If winning isn't everything then why do they keep score?

#138 2019-06-07 5:38pm

gable74
Pro Member
For Sale: 5

I know I am a little late getting to this thread, but I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss.  I did not know you or your brother but I understand the pain. 

Its tough to do right now I am sure, but try to remember the good times.

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do.

#139 2019-06-07 7:42pm

debrown1974
Pro Member

God bless your family my brother

#140 2019-06-07 8:17pm

perront

Jettn25 wrote:

perront wrote:

Thanks, Ray, everybody. smile

Brett, overall, I've been doing okay, but I hit a rough patch yesterday.  I was eating dinner with one of my sons, just watching him standing at the kitchen sink.  I got to thinking about how horrible this whole thing must be for my parents, and I had to excuse myself from the room.

Good to hear that you are hanging in there brother. I can see making that connection and how I would have to excuse myself as well.  If you need to reach out from your normal daily routine or just outside of the box,  feel free to give me a call, text or PM me.  I am always around Perron. Just wanted to throw that out there in case you need to get anything off your chest.

Much appreciated, brother.

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#141 2019-06-07 8:28pm

oldnky
Pro MemberMuseum News Anchorman

Perron, sorry for your loss and my late response. Started a new job this week and it’s been very difficult adjusting as I’m the new guy. I haven’t been here much lately and I’m missing everyone a lot. Glad your back, missed you to. This place is a second family and a relief valve for me. I’ve witnessed and experienced more death than I care to remember in my former life. Prayers to you and your family. smile

#142 2019-06-08 9:22am

JoeKat
Pro MemberMust resist...another Redline
For Sale: 2

So sorry to hear of your loss Perron. I hope you can remember the good times. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

I lost my older brother 13 years ago. It sucks, but time keeps moving on. Try to appreciate the time with your loved ones in the moment.

WTB the following REDLINE Frame Pads:
CARRERA
PL-24

#143 2019-06-08 5:47pm

perront

Thanks, brothers.  All the love and concern does help. smile

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#144 2019-06-09 5:41am

mdeltab
Museum Addict
Bikes: 2

Very sorry to hear Perront. Hang in there. Maybe once things settle and you have time, get on one of your bikes and go for a long ride and vent

Prayers going up

#145 2019-06-09 6:52am

mcman87
Pro MemberEis aner oudeis aner

perront wrote:

Thanks, brothers.  All the love and concern does help. smile

As I’m sure you do, I like to use the museum as a break from life sometimes. It does help. Reminds me of strolling through the streets of Chicago with you having a good time!

Side note, I hope your boys are doing ok through all of this. I’m not gonna pretend to know your family dynamic but I do know that the relationship between a nephew and uncle can be very strong and special. My favorite uncle passed last summer and it’s still tough. Sending positive thoughts towards your boys.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid."-John Wayne
44T BMX Club -IA Chapter- “Iowa’s sole member!”

#146 2019-06-26 3:40pm

perront

This is a bit of a tome, so please bear with me. smile

Say or think what you want, but I don't take lightly the instances in which Nature reveals herself to me. Whether it be a bird that goes about its business within spitting distance from me, a spider that allows me to safely transport it out of the house, or a grasshopper that perches itself on the mirror of my car, I have long worked toward doing my best to exist in harmonic vibration with Nature. This experiencial journey truly makes me happy.

In the weeks since Paul's death, I'd desperately been seeking some sort of sign that he has transitioned well to the place of the Ancestors, but found none -- until today. I was cutting the grass in the backyard when I suddenly saw a small toad hopping near a bush, a few feet away from me. Now, I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a toad (catching and playing with toads was a significant part of my childhood, and I credit Paul for being one of the guides that helped me discover and appreciate them), but the instant I saw this one, I knew it was a sign of good luck -- as well as something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on at the time.

A bit of cursory research revealed the belief among some that toads are somehow linked to witchcraft and devil worship, but I regard such a belief as the type of hogwash that is designed to give humankind permission to exert dominion over Nature, and use her exclusively to meet "our" needs. In short, it's BS, and I don't believe it. However, further research revealed to me that not only are toads symbolic of good luck in some cultures, but they are also symbolic of transition. My belief is that this particular toad -- which I neither photographed nor harassed in any way -- was sent to me three days before Paul's memorial service to let me know that Paul's soul has transitioned well, and has taken his place among the Ancestors.

I type this note with tears of joy in my eyes, and a feeling of reassuring confidence in my heart -- confidence in knowing that my beloved brother, Paul, is at peace while still being an important part of mine and others' lives. Thank you, Paul, and thank you, toad!

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/65467856_10155917642616895_8197483449976619008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQk8GCPuhWIgg5p80koc_I6zC523tY8vZbTC32lNxr3fr6lKicAjVbfEPEA-f0pwZz9gmj9kpi6im6H92y4GPiUV&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=448b2775fd68f152cb32f7ad21f4ee25&oe=5DC5907A

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#147 2019-06-26 4:02pm

mcman87
Pro MemberEis aner oudeis aner

perront wrote:

This is a bit of a tome, so please bear with me. smile

Say or think what you want, but I don't take lightly the instances in which Nature reveals herself to me. Whether it be a bird that goes about its business within spitting distance from me, a spider that allows me to safely transport it out of the house, or a grasshopper that perches itself on the mirror of my car, I have long worked toward doing my best to exist in harmonic vibration with Nature. This experiencial journey truly makes me happy.

In the weeks since Paul's death, I'd desperately been seeking some sort of sign that he has transitioned well to the place of the Ancestors, but found none -- until today. I was cutting the grass in the backyard when I suddenly saw a small toad hopping near a bush, a few feet away from me. Now, I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a toad (catching and playing with toads was a significant part of my childhood, and I credit Paul for being one of the guides that helped me discover and appreciate them), but the instant I saw this one, I knew it was a sign of good luck -- as well as something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on at the time.

A bit of cursory research revealed the belief among some that toads are somehow linked to witchcraft and devil worship, but I regard such a belief as the type of hogwash that is designed to give humankind permission to exert dominion over Nature, and use her exclusively to meet "our" needs. In short, it's BS, and I don't believe it. However, further research revealed to me that not only are toads symbolic of good luck in some cultures, but they are also symbolic of transition. My belief is that this particular toad -- which I neither photographed nor harassed in any way -- was sent to me three days before Paul's memorial service to let me know that Paul's soul has transitioned well, and has taken his place among the Ancestors.

I type this note with tears of joy in my eyes, and a feeling of reassuring confidence in my heart -- confidence in knowing that my beloved brother, Paul, is at peace while still being an important part of mine and others' lives. Thank you, Paul, and thank you, toad!

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ … e=5DC5907A

Hey man, when you know you just know. I wish you peace my friend.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid."-John Wayne
44T BMX Club -IA Chapter- “Iowa’s sole member!”

#148 2019-06-26 4:48pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Bikes: 17

Just a few minutes after my dad died I went outside of the hospital and sat on a bench and had a smoke. It was wintertime and it was cold outside and just as soon as I sat down a bird landed on the bench about 2 feet from me and just sat there. Not another bird in sight. The old mans dying wish was for me to quit smoking too. That bird staring at me the whole time and not leaving until I finished what I thought was gonna be my last smoke seemed like some sort of sign to me.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/yung-50x5c393b3691.gif[/img]

#149 2019-06-26 5:43pm

Rude Dawg
Pro Member

Perront ,stay strong brother . Best wishes to you and yours.

WTB 1980s Pioneer Aero Dynamic made in Thailand.

#150 2019-06-26 8:44pm

77stroker2
Thread Killer
Bikes: 8

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

Board footer

View Cart →