You are not logged in.

Why We Joined The Museum  RSS Feed

#176 2019-03-18 8:04am

Sodbuster
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

Re: Why We Joined The Museum

I got real drunk and loaded one weekend some years back. I woke up here. I have no idea how I got here. I have no real idea why I'm still here. The last time this happened I woke up on a lawn near the Bajia Hotel in Ensanada Mexico. I really need to watch my drinking.  lol

When I find a part i need for something I am putting together and I have no trust as to weather the part is 30 years old or 30 days old and I'm being charged a price on par with the real genuine and true item. I not only have to question the logic of people with your mind set but the state of the whole hobby in general. That is more to the point why so many people that knew better just walked away. Because they stopped being "OLD" kids bikes and are just kids bikes. Where in all that does the bullshit really lay?

#177 2019-03-18 3:24pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx
Pro MemberMuseum Ambassadorship Apprentice
Bikes: 7

Sounds Fun To Me cool

BMX Race Bikes Are My Favorite.

#178 2019-03-18 3:26pm

pkripper68bmx
Pro MemberOriginal Finish Only

ChaseDyno-Bmx wrote:

pkripper68bmx wrote:

Look at the site for a few years then join this great site for my passion in BMX and wanting to learn more about the hobbie . Sold my collection a while ago to replace my work tools that were stolen . Now starting to build my collection again . Also meet a lot off great people on this site.........So thanks GAry and BMX Museum people. cool

That’s Terrible that Your Collection Is Gone Man.  Sorry that happened to you.  Next collection will be that much Better

Thanks man appreciate it cool

#179 2019-03-18 3:30pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

pkripper68bmx wrote:

ChaseDyno-Bmx wrote:

pkripper68bmx wrote:

Look at the site for a few years then join this great site for my passion in BMX and wanting to learn more about the hobbie . Sold my collection a while ago to replace my work tools that were stolen . Now starting to build my collection again . Also meet a lot off great people on this site.........So thanks GAry and BMX Museum people. cool

That’s Terrible that Your Collection Is Gone Man.  Sorry that happened to you.  Next collection will be that much Better

Thanks man appreciate it cool

No Problems, Love To You Man

#180 2019-03-18 3:32pm

affordablepmc
Pro MemberCollector of Things
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 9

Wrenchspinner wrote:

I bought a Hutch Trick Star off of Dom (Upsman). He said to join the Museum or he'd beat me up. big_smile

lol

R.I.P. : "Stash84"    2-21-18                     
            "Treats"      5-05-18
            "Macha"      8-24-18

#181 2019-03-18 3:40pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

BMXJunkie wrote:

Because we like to play with little kids bikes. tongue

I'm just here to look at you avatars.

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

Try being smarter than what you are working with.

#182 2019-03-18 3:45pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

/

Last edited by ChaseDyno-Bmx (2019-03-18 3:48pm)

#183 2019-03-18 3:52pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

scottrides wrote:

I was really into what’s now called mid-school BMX when I was a teenager, it was what I grew up on. Liked old school stuff too at the time mostly for the aesthetics though. My grandpa who isn’t really even into bikes taught me how to work on my bikes, so that’s how I ended up building. I had a few bikes between the ages of 11-16 (2001-2006) I’d say, a lot of which got stolen. First actual BMX bike was some thrift store found 70’s AMF bike. I wanna say it was an Agressor but not positive. It was a junker for sure, but I delivered tons of papers on it, wobbly front wheel and all. Wish I still had it. I can’t remember which birthday it was, maybe my 11th or 12th, I got a Huffy Diesel that I thought was so bad ass because it had 4 pegs lol I was big into the X Games and didn’t know shit. Eventually, the Huffy got stolen. By that time, I had decided I wanted a “real” BMX bike as I had somehow started getting Ride BMX and Dans Comp catalogues. I ended up getting a ‘99 Haro Shredder on eBay and built it completely custom to my liking at the time. Within the next few years I ended up scoring a 1990 Haro Psycho and an 80’s Master (not sure the year) on eBay as prices were way lower at that time. Then the Shredder got stolen and I lost almost any interest I had in BMX anymore. Just kinda ruined it for me. I was about 16 or 17 then.

Time went by and 2016 rolls along. I don’t remember what exactly it was that got me a little interested again, maybe I watched a BMX video on YouTube or something, but I ended up buying a 2011 Haro 200.2 off of Craigslist. Shortly after, I somehow found this place in a google search. Started an account and since then have built/scored well over 70 bikes. lol I’m a Haro guy through and through, but can appreciate most brands. I do a lot of build-to-well projects to make money to put back into my keepers collection cool Been a lot of fun getting to know some folks on the site. Made some really good friends so far! Here’s to many more! Thanks to GAry and staff and everyone I’ve done business with and became friends with. Y’all rule! cool

cool

#184 2019-03-18 3:53pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

Iaa4130 wrote:

I joined because this was the latest hobby I’ve thrown myself into, I did quite a bit of looking around before joining. It seemed like everyone was cool with each other and I like to go on rides with different groups and go to different swap meets and meet everyone.

cool

#185 2019-03-18 3:54pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

skdevore wrote:

I hadn't even thought about BMX for a decade when my brother called me up and said "Dude, I just bought a Robinson!"

I was like WTF?  A Bike?  OK.  Then he told me he found it on Craigslist after looking at "The BMX Museum." 

So I logged on and was hooked like a homeless dude on Crack.  48 hours of browsing later, I went out and bought my own Robinson.

Thus the addiction began.

cool

#186 2019-03-18 3:54pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

Wrenchspinner wrote:

I bought a Hutch Trick Star off of Dom (Upsman). He said to join the Museum or he'd beat me up. big_smile

That’s As Good As Any

#187 2019-03-18 3:55pm

ChaseDyno-Bmx

JTRacing wrote:

Came here to hang and sell a few parts I had been sitting on for 12-28 years. Sold the parts and kinda started getting the bug again, which turned into a full blown addiction! I have logged on 5 to 6 times a day for almost 9 years now! I mostly troll, avoiding any drama. I don't let new buyer's questions and indecisive actions get to me, and never have given a neutral or negative feedback. I have stopped collecting at the moment, and am only refining the bikes I currently own. Haven't felt the burnout yet therefore not planning on going away any time soon, and I am looking forward to another 9+ years. Thanks GAry, and staff for all the years of therapy! tongue

Cool

#188 2019-03-18 4:39pm

Haro-83
Pro MemberTEXAS HILLBILLY
Bikes: 63

Found four of my old bmx (freesprit, hutch, general hustler and gt) and box of parts when I torn down my dad old shed in 2009.  Sparked my interest have it fix up and ride around again before I give away to neighbors kid
Went home look up on Ebay for couples parts Oakley grips was first thing in my mind and somehow saw lots of hutch listed on Ebay and I was like whoa unreal! Then found this site.. been here ten years. 

Anybody remember Ebay was flooded with hutch that listed or thousands dollar that time lol

Last edited by Haro-83 (2019-03-18 4:40pm)

Build it, Ride it and Break it. That what it was made for.

#189 2019-03-19 6:32am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

The real reason I joined this site. Love knows no boundaries! lol

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/104800/capture5c90ef6c80.jpg

Last edited by eric12 (2019-03-19 6:34am)

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

Try being smarter than what you are working with.

#190 2019-03-19 7:11am

cesar2532
Pro Member

big_smilebig_smile

#191 2019-03-19 7:41am

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 1

eric12 wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … ef6c80.jpg

lol

#192 2019-03-19 8:23am

IPD
Pro Member
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 2
Website

eric12 wrote:

We already know that the ads on here are more risque than what we ourselves can post.  Smell that?  AHHHH...hypocrisy.  lol

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#193 2019-03-19 8:43am

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

How I got here:
I had some of my stuff from BITD like my Profile Box cranks, GT Bars, and some other tid bits from my old Profile.   Wanted to sell them at my sister's garage sale.  Looked up on ebay on a whim and said HOLY shit this stuff is somewhat valuable.  Never sent the box to the garage sale.  Put up the cranks on ebay and they went to $800 and the guy never paid.  Then I found this place. Went from wanting to build everything I could see then realized I better pick a smaller world to explore.  Collected and researched Profile stuff and collected at one time the most complete collection on the planet....NOT the largest but the most complete Profile collection at the time.  Met some great people....and a few jerk offs.  Realized I Had too much coin sittin around and vintage BMX was not a lifestyle for me and sold most of it.  Kept the parts that started it all as part of an exact replica of the scoot I owned and I GJS I can't part with and went back to cars and boats.  I was a great 10 year period and wouldn't trade it for anything...as I still come here every friggin day as there are some funny friggin dudes on here and a few guys I still talk to almost every week.  lol

Last edited by JS-44SDS (2019-03-19 8:45am)

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#194 2019-03-19 10:16am

jray02r1
Pro Member
Bikes: 30
For Sale: 3

I started visiting this site as a reference tool a few years before i signed up.  Eventually i decided to restore my S&M Sabbath so i became a Pro Member and the rest is history.  I bought a bike to ride, then i bought a few bikes for parts, then i sold a bunch of stuff and just kept on doing it.

#195 2019-04-20 6:57am

ChaseDyno-Bmx

affordablepmc wrote:

Oh yeah, I joined cause of the for sale and information. Then became about meeting and interacting with fellow members. I have met a few awesome people during my time here. cool

smile

#196 2019-04-20 2:07pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 34

eric12 wrote:

lollol

Mikey.... Good Gorilla....... King Of The Concrete Jungle........ Local 18A.... NYC.

#197 2019-05-19 11:09am

ChaseDyno-Bmx

I Joined Because I wanted to Share My Life With Others.  I joined because I wanted to share My Stuff with Others to see.  I joined To Support A Site That I believe In.  I joined Because Of The BrotherHood Of BMX Is Strong Here.  I joined Because I Liked The Members.  I joined For The Knowledge. I joined For The Friendships , The Relationship With Some , The Chance To Hang Out with Others That Love BMXMUSEUM. I Joined To Just Be Me!!!

Board footer

View Cart →