You are not logged in.

HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....  RSS Feed

#8701 2019-05-13 1:01pm

uglykato
Pro Member
From: San Diego, California
Registered: 2013-02-10
Posts: 940
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

Also, I almost built an EK tribute using a Failure A Muerte frame, I think it would be an appropriate frame for a build, take a look at one.


STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Curious to here what you guys think.
If someone where to do a custom EVEL bike..what would be a cool frame to start with?
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5c86f3.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a7b74.jpeg

-1999 ep
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 528eb1.jpg

-BIG DADDY/SD-4/SUGAR BABY
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5513eb.jpg

-NEW SCHOOL HOFFMAN FRAME-(CONDOR/BAMA)
BAMA
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555719.jpg

CONDOR
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555fc7.jpg

LADY LUCK (COLOR ME, LUCKY?)
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 556cb6.jpg


If I owe you any feedback, please, let me know.

Offline

 

#8702 2019-05-14 1:02pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3345
Bikes: 16

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

P.S.
Why did HOFFMAN BIKES change to HOFFMAN DISTRIBUTION???
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 581742.jpg


http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 58200e.jpg

I believe (but not really sure) after the deal with Pacific Cycle ended he changed it up and started doing his own distribution. During the PC time part of the deal was that he was using their distribution network. I'm not sure if the name change had anything to do with the court proceedings against them or not.

I'll message Matt and ask because now I'm curious...lol

Last edited by notapadawan (2019-05-14 1:06pm)


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#8703 2019-05-14 1:53pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

Blue_Max wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

spyker wrote:


Beast finding a NS Condor frame will prove very difficult.

Really? Are they scarse?
What frame do you think would be cool?

Yeah, they've been hard to find for a couple years now. How about a midschool Condor from 96-2003?

Yup, I know and was thinking about it.
I want something that has the EP TAIL TOPTUBE to mimic it, which it shares with the genuine EVEL frames..
handles like a STREETBEAT (quick steering), and has all the new school charateristics.
I like the idea of lighter new school compared to the TANK HEAVY EP..


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8704 2019-05-14 1:54pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

uglykato wrote:

A guy on here did a tribute a few years ago and it came out amazing; link is below.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=301527

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Curious to here what you guys think.
If someone where to do a custom EVEL bike..what would be a cool frame to start with?
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5c86f3.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a7b74.jpeg

-1999 ep
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 528eb1.jpg

-BIG DADDY/SD-4/SUGAR BABY
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5513eb.jpg

-NEW SCHOOL HOFFMAN FRAME-(CONDOR/BAMA)
BAMA
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555719.jpg

CONDOR
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555fc7.jpg

LADY LUCK (COLOR ME, LUCKY?)
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 556cb6.jpg

Yes, I saw the SKAVENGER X-1 when he built it and it's part of my inspiration.


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8705 2019-05-14 2:02pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

uglykato wrote:

Also, I almost built an EK tribute using a Failure A Muerte frame, I think it would be an appropriate frame for a build, take a look at one.


STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Curious to here what you guys think.
If someone where to do a custom EVEL bike..what would be a cool frame to start with?
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5c86f3.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a7b74.jpeg

-1999 ep
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 528eb1.jpg

-BIG DADDY/SD-4/SUGAR BABY
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5513eb.jpg

-NEW SCHOOL HOFFMAN FRAME-(CONDOR/BAMA)
BAMA
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555719.jpg

CONDOR
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555fc7.jpg

LADY LUCK (COLOR ME, LUCKY?)
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 556cb6.jpg

I looked at the 2009 Failure A Muerte frame..its a bit old for NEW SCHOOL..
I wanted something..that has a unique looking frame, like a bit of a platform or WISHBONE SEATSTAY area..something.  That's why I thought about the ep, BD..
And again, I want it to handle like a BRONX BOBBER..super quick steering.
I always will love the way my STREETBEAT handles, and remember MAT rode that before the TA and at least part of that design went into building the HOFFMAN line.


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8706 2019-05-14 2:05pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

If HOFFMAN, "DISTRUBUTION" lol released a NEW SCHOOL ep..that probably hit the spot..but havent yet.
Would you guys say the OLD or  NEW SCHOOL BIG DADDY would handle similar to a STREETBEAT? Quick steer?

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2019-05-14 2:41pm)


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8707 2019-05-14 2:06pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

notapadawan wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

P.S.
Why did HOFFMAN BIKES change to HOFFMAN DISTRIBUTION???
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 581742.jpg


http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 58200e.jpg

I believe (but not really sure) after the deal with Pacific Cycle ended he changed it up and started doing his own distribution. During the PC time part of the deal was that he was using their distribution network. I'm not sure if the name change had anything to do with the court proceedings against them or not.

I'll message Matt and ask because now I'm curious...lol

Ah, ok. Thank you for the Info.


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8708 2019-05-14 3:28pm

Blue_Max
Museum Addict
From: Madison, WI
Registered: 2008-08-19
Posts: 1481
Bikes: 19

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

If HOFFMAN, "DISTRUBUTION" lol released a NEW SCHOOL ep..that probably hit the spot..but havent yet.
Would you guys say the OLD or  NEW SCHOOL BIG DADDY would handle similar to a STREETBEAT? Quick steer?

Not sure how one handles but if you compare the old school Big Daddy to a Streetbeat it really looks like a refined design of the Streetbeat frame, definitely seems like a frame you'd like since your into the Streetbeats hardcore. Even the new BD frame you'd probably dig, it's up for pre order on a few sites.

Offline

 

#8709 2019-05-14 6:44pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
From: Hollywood, PA
Registered: 2008-11-05
Posts: 1852
Bikes: 7
Website

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

Blue_Max wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

If HOFFMAN, "DISTRUBUTION" lol released a NEW SCHOOL ep..that probably hit the spot..but havent yet.
Would you guys say the OLD or  NEW SCHOOL BIG DADDY would handle similar to a STREETBEAT? Quick steer?

Not sure how one handles but if you compare the old school Big Daddy to a Streetbeat it really looks like a refined design of the Streetbeat frame, definitely seems like a frame you'd like since your into the Streetbeats hardcore. Even the new BD frame you'd probably dig, it's up for pre order on a few sites.

The only thing the Big Daddy took from the Street Beat was the head tube gusset. It was just oversized on the Big Daddy.

Last edited by pwh4130 (2019-05-14 6:44pm)


ride your bike until it breaks.

Offline

 

#8710 2019-05-14 7:23pm

Blue_Max
Museum Addict
From: Madison, WI
Registered: 2008-08-19
Posts: 1481
Bikes: 19

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

pwh4130 wrote:

Blue_Max wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

If HOFFMAN, "DISTRUBUTION" lol released a NEW SCHOOL ep..that probably hit the spot..but havent yet.
Would you guys say the OLD or  NEW SCHOOL BIG DADDY would handle similar to a STREETBEAT? Quick steer?

Not sure how one handles but if you compare the old school Big Daddy to a Streetbeat it really looks like a refined design of the Streetbeat frame, definitely seems like a frame you'd like since your into the Streetbeats hardcore. Even the new BD frame you'd probably dig, it's up for pre order on a few sites.

The only thing the Big Daddy took from the Street Beat was the head tube gusset. It was just oversized on the Big Daddy.

Weren't you one of the guys that was responsible for designing the original BD?

Offline

 

#8711 2019-05-14 10:18pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3345
Bikes: 16

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

uglykato wrote:

Also, I almost built an EK tribute using a Failure A Muerte frame, I think it would be an appropriate frame for a build, take a look at one.


STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Curious to here what you guys think.
If someone where to do a custom EVEL bike..what would be a cool frame to start with?
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5c86f3.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … a7b74.jpeg

-1999 ep
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 528eb1.jpg

-BIG DADDY/SD-4/SUGAR BABY
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5513eb.jpg

-NEW SCHOOL HOFFMAN FRAME-(CONDOR/BAMA)
BAMA
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555719.jpg

CONDOR
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 555fc7.jpg

LADY LUCK (COLOR ME, LUCKY?)
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 556cb6.jpg

I looked at the 2009 Failure A Muerte frame..its a bit old for NEW SCHOOL..
I wanted something..that has a unique looking frame, like a bit of a platform or WISHBONE SEATSTAY area..something.  That's why I thought about the ep, BD..
And again, I want it to handle like a BRONX BOBBER..super quick steering.
I always will love the way my STREETBEAT handles, and remember MAT rode that before the TA and at least part of that design went into building the HOFFMAN line.

I love my Failure A Muerta. And my buddies that drink live the bottle opener behind the BB.


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#8712 2019-05-14 10:20pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
From: Tulsa, Ok
Registered: 2013-11-16
Posts: 3345
Bikes: 16

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

notapadawan wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

P.S.
Why did HOFFMAN BIKES change to HOFFMAN DISTRIBUTION???
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 581742.jpg


http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 58200e.jpg

I believe (but not really sure) after the deal with Pacific Cycle ended he changed it up and started doing his own distribution. During the PC time part of the deal was that he was using their distribution network. I'm not sure if the name change had anything to do with the court proceedings against them or not.

I'll message Matt and ask because now I'm curious...lol

Ah, ok. Thank you for the Info.

Here's what Matt wrote back...

It's still Hoffman bikes. I use Hoffman disto for selling stuff. There is no deal with pacific.  I own Hoffman bikes 100% and always have.  I'm just doing "Hoffman" on the new bikes.


I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

Offline

 

#8713 2019-05-15 1:03am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

Blue_Max wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

If HOFFMAN, "DISTRUBUTION" lol released a NEW SCHOOL ep..that probably hit the spot..but havent yet.
Would you guys say the OLD or  NEW SCHOOL BIG DADDY would handle similar to a STREETBEAT? Quick steer?

Not sure how one handles but if you compare the old school Big Daddy to a Streetbeat it really looks like a refined design of the Streetbeat frame, definitely seems like a frame you'd like since your into the Streetbeats hardcore. Even the new BD frame you'd probably dig, it's up for pre order on a few sites.

I been seein that, but it's a limited release..wish there was a chrome option lol. The 19.75" TOPTUBE, does that help make it a quick, responsive steering bike?


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8714 2019-05-15 1:04am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

notapadawan wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

uglykato wrote:

Also, I almost built an EK tribute using a Failure A Muerte frame, I think it would be an appropriate frame for a build, take a look at one.



I looked at the 2009 Failure A Muerte frame..its a bit old for NEW SCHOOL..
I wanted something..that has a unique looking frame, like a bit of a platform or WISHBONE SEATSTAY area..something.  That's why I thought about the ep, BD..
And again, I want it to handle like a BRONX BOBBER..super quick steering.
I always will love the way my STREETBEAT handles, and remember MAT rode that before the TA and at least part of that design went into building the HOFFMAN line.

I love my Failure A Muerta. And my buddies that drink live the bottle opener behind the BB.

I thought that's what it was lol, just like the PUNISHER..cool.


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8715 2019-05-15 1:06am

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

notapadawan wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

notapadawan wrote:

I believe (but not really sure) after the deal with Pacific Cycle ended he changed it up and started doing his own distribution. During the PC time part of the deal was that he was using their distribution network. I'm not sure if the name change had anything to do with the court proceedings against them or not.

I'll message Matt and ask because now I'm curious...lol

Ah, ok. Thank you for the Info.

Here's what Matt wrote back...

It's still Hoffman bikes. I use Hoffman disto for selling stuff. There is no deal with pacific.  I own Hoffman bikes 100% and always have.  I'm just doing "Hoffman" on the new bikes.

Cool, Ok, ya when I went surfin for BIG DADDY info, I ended up on the HOFFMAN BIKES site and that confused me as I couldn't find "DISTRABUTION" anywhere.

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2019-05-20 5:26pm)


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8716 2019-05-15 10:52am

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberMy mother was a Witch, she was burned alive
From: The Fun Side of "CALI"
Registered: 2008-11-10
Posts: 20305
Bikes: 41
For Sale: 28

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

notapadawan wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

notapadawan wrote:


I believe (but not really sure) after the deal with Pacific Cycle ended he changed it up and started doing his own distribution. During the PC time part of the deal was that he was using their distribution network. I'm not sure if the name change had anything to do with the court proceedings against them or not.

I'll message Matt and ask because now I'm curious...lol

Ah, ok. Thank you for the Info.

Here's what Matt wrote back...

It's still Hoffman bikes. I use Hoffman disto for selling stuff. There is no deal with pacific.  I own Hoffman bikes 100% and always have.  I'm just doing "Hoffman" on the new bikes.

Very  cool


I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

Offline

 

#8717 2019-05-20 5:28pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
From: North America-Canada
Registered: 2009-10-30
Posts: 5420
Bikes: 1

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

So, how different is the new 2019 BIG DADDY from the 1995 versions?


Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

Offline

 

#8718 2019-05-24 8:52pm

Blue bike hutch
Pro Member
From: Philadelphia
Registered: 2016-05-15
Posts: 60
Bikes: 2

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/231915/d74aab0c-4ab7-454f-bf0c-4c537aeb0f855ce8bbef81.jpeg


If it’s got wheels or tits I dig it.

Offline

 

#8719 2019-05-25 7:18pm

milhous
Pro Member
From: Marshalltown, IA
Registered: 2009-01-07
Posts: 3179
Bikes: 32
For Sale: 8

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

Some Hoffman stickers from a recent lot purchase.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/24667/0db4cce6-04dd-4fa3-9f3b-8b0db18d3fe25ce9f78e24.jpeg


WANT TO BUY-
Standard Bykes Race Fork (mid school, chrome)
Standard Bykes Gyro Hood (red)
Standard Bykes Gyro Junction
Primo Super Tenderizer pedals (black, 4-slot, NOS or excellent condition only)
Profile 1-1/8" seat clamp (Black, mid school style)
1997 DK General Lee frame

Offline

 

#8720 2019-05-25 7:27pm

ziznack
Pro Member
From: Texas Y'all
Registered: 2014-03-13
Posts: 1426
For Sale: 5

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

Hmmm, needs a blue Cable


I thought I would never have to do this, but here we are. People I will never do business with again: Cmeitner.

Offline

 

#8721 2019-05-25 7:27pm

ziznack
Pro Member
From: Texas Y'all
Registered: 2014-03-13
Posts: 1426
For Sale: 5

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

milhous wrote:

Some Hoffman stickers from a recent lot purchase.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 78e24.jpeg

Rad


I thought I would never have to do this, but here we are. People I will never do business with again: Cmeitner.

Offline

 

#8722 2019-05-26 3:47am

slim01
Pro Member
Registered: 2013-08-27
Posts: 32
Bikes: 5

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

A couple of projects on the go atm....

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199846/20190526_2034135cea6df1e9.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199846/20190526_2035265cea6e223f.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199846/20190526_2036255cea6e1431.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199846/20190526_2037425cea6e18da.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/199846/20190526_2039145cea6e1ca8.jpg

Offline

 

#8723 2019-05-26 3:53am

Steviej40
Pro Member
From: UK
Registered: 2013-01-18
Posts: 342
Bikes: 6

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....


'It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.'
BILL NICHOLSON

Offline

 

#8724 2019-05-26 4:31am

slim01
Pro Member
Registered: 2013-08-27
Posts: 32
Bikes: 5

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....

Cheers Steve. I reckon I either need to get them finished or move them on. They've been sitting for too long.

Offline

 

#8725 2019-05-26 4:47am

ziznack
Pro Member
From: Texas Y'all
Registered: 2014-03-13
Posts: 1426
For Sale: 5

Re: HOFFMAN'S GO HERE! hoffman thread....


I thought I would never have to do this, but here we are. People I will never do business with again: Cmeitner.

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →