You are not logged in.

No more skyway mags for me >:(  RSS Feed

#151 2010-08-12 7:32am

robesmay
Expert

Re: No more skyway mags for me >:(

markmc97225 wrote:

If you paid with a credit card, then, contest the purchase as tried to resolve with vendor unsatisfactorily, AND they have your stuff, so, more to tip the scales in your favor. I've seen that in action on the retailer/vendor back end. It's phenomenol how it works. From what I recall, the next day, the deposit to the vendor is reduced by the amount of your contested claim. The vendor then has 3 days to respond, or, the charge is permanently reversed.

Agreed- "charging back" is one of the services you pay card companies through the nose for.

Need: Profile Magnutanium 165mm crank arms - Any interesting mini stems 1" quill (esp. Hutch and Hustler)- 25.4 carbon seat post 10" or longer 
Chrome bikes are faster

#152 2010-08-12 8:08am

coloredtuffs
Pro MemberPlanetBMX
Bikes: 32
Website

By the way, the Tuff Wheels originally posted about in this thread were purchased last year.  That's well beyond any credit card chargeback or paypal dispute......

-Ed Ferri / PlanetBMX.com
Authorized dealer for: Haro, SE Racing, Skyway, Subrosa, MCS, Sunday, Cult, Stranger, Premium & Fairdale Bicycles, and Odyssey, Demolition, Shadow Conspiracy, Primo, Premium, Redline, Profile, Cult, Proper, Colony, Answer BMX parts and accessories!
We'll match or beat any other bike shop's price!

#153 2010-08-12 11:10am

myone
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 9

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!winkwinkwinkwinkwink

Everybody sing GOOOOO YANKEES !!!                      MAH!! COULD WE GET SOME MEATLOAF ??????????

Your gonna wear the shirt of the band your going to see??? DONT BE THAT GUY!!!!!!
R.I.P. Autmn Pasquale 12yrs. old you will not be forgotten. Murderd over BMX parts. UNFORGIVABLE.

#154 2010-08-12 1:13pm

superdave
Expert
Bikes: 5

I have always liked  skyway mags because there very durable
and dont need truing like rims..Ive never had any problems with mine
Im  in the process of building up a all blue profile x-file I think some of those sky blue mags
would look awesome on it...any chance you will be having a mag sale soon Ed?

#155 2010-09-01 5:41pm

tortuga
Museum Addict

well guys I owe you the video of the wobbly wheel, I would like to thank Ed from coloredtuffs, thanks to him I got a replacement mag and this one is straight as an arrow, thanks!

#156 2010-09-01 5:46pm

Legendofjd3
Pro MemberWeight Weenie
Bikes: 7

tortuga wrote:

well guys I owe you the video of the wobbly wheel, I would like to thank Ed from coloredtuffs, thanks to him I got a replacement mag and this one is straight as an arrow, thanks!

Make sure Ed gets some + feedback. That was very nice of him. big_smile

Titanium

#157 2010-09-01 5:49pm

Florida Von
Pro Member"Black Widows"
Bikes: 10

tortuga wrote:

so ya got a happy ending

lol

#158 2010-09-01 6:02pm

badmofo
Museum Addict
Bikes: 16
Website

tortuga wrote:

cool

Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Ezekiel 25:17 ~ "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men....."

#159 2010-09-01 6:15pm

coloredtuffs
Pro MemberPlanetBMX
Bikes: 32
Website

Awesome..... Glad to have been able to help. smile

-Ed Ferri / PlanetBMX.com
Authorized dealer for: Haro, SE Racing, Skyway, Subrosa, MCS, Sunday, Cult, Stranger, Premium & Fairdale Bicycles, and Odyssey, Demolition, Shadow Conspiracy, Primo, Premium, Redline, Profile, Cult, Proper, Colony, Answer BMX parts and accessories!
We'll match or beat any other bike shop's price!

#160 2010-09-01 6:37pm

boxline69
Redneck on a Skyway
Bikes: 15

TNT wrote:

Mags suck!  I cracked and wobbled a pair of skyways when I was 13 on my first real high end bike a 86 haro master. They cant take real riding so if you cruise them you should be ok if you really ride good luck! 1st and last pair of mags I will ever own!

You Sir are Outta Yo Mind.

Skyways Rock!

All wheels have failed in one way or another. But I know for myself, I have trashed
alot of Araya's from hard or weird landings.But Skyways always held up for me.

You Can't Fix Stupid
Need VDC Changa Fork!! and Monkey Bars!!

#161 2010-09-01 6:52pm

Porkchopzz4
Banned
Bikes: 4

coloredtuffs.com wrote:

ACS? Your kidding, right? Those are Taiwan made and many of those do wobble! I used to sell those 5 years ago and stoped due to the amount of untrue wheels that I had coming in......

I stopped selling them because of how many showed up broken - they are very brittle.

#162 2010-09-01 7:03pm

Porkchopzz4
Banned

robesmay wrote:

markmc97225 wrote:

If you paid with a credit card, then, contest the purchase as tried to resolve with vendor unsatisfactorily, AND they have your stuff, so, more to tip the scales in your favor. I've seen that in action on the retailer/vendor back end. It's phenomenol how it works. From what I recall, the next day, the deposit to the vendor is reduced by the amount of your contested claim. The vendor then has 3 days to respond, or, the charge is permanently reversed.

Agreed- "charging back" is one of the services you pay card companies through the nose for.

Keep in mind when you reverse a charge, the RETAILER pays for it - not the credit card company. So, it's great to see this all worked out - but had he disputed the charge based on something the factory told him, it would have come out of Ed's pocket. Not cool.

#163 2019-03-14 11:20am

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO
Bikes: 8

tortuga wrote:

Bought 2 sets of 24" mags, this is not the first 2 sets I've bought and have never had any problems with them. On one set the rear mag is untrue to the point it can't be ridden since you can feel the wobble pretty bad, so I call the warranty department and they tell me to send it in, so I do. Next I get a call just to tell me that yes the mag is untrue but it's inside their "tolerance", wtf! the wheel is useless!!! on top of that I have to pay again to get it back!! this is all bull!!. Now I'm out shipping both ways and get to keep a wobbly mag that I can't even ride. I'm sticking to spoke wheels from now on.  mad. end of rant.

spyker wrote:

Just stick the mag in the freezer for a week,it will true itself out.

Haha, spyker look what you wrote in 2010 ^^

And look what you wrote in 2018 in my Perry Kramer 2019 topic about my Tuff Wheel:

DutchRipper wrote:

Also the rearwheel replacement was a struggle at first, they suggested that I should put it in the fridge and then after a while it would true itself. I didn't want to do that, so I said send me a replacement wheel and you put the bad one in the fridge yourself.

spyker wrote:

If A supplier told me to put a wheel in the fridge as a way to solving a issue.I would just send the whole bike back and demand my money back.

I gues your opinion has changed a bit in these years! tonguetongue lol

Hoe gaat het?

#164 2019-03-14 12:00pm

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

DutchRipper wrote:

tortuga wrote:

Bought 2 sets of 24" mags, this is not the first 2 sets I've bought and have never had any problems with them. On one set the rear mag is untrue to the point it can't be ridden since you can feel the wobble pretty bad, so I call the warranty department and they tell me to send it in, so I do. Next I get a call just to tell me that yes the mag is untrue but it's inside their "tolerance", wtf! the wheel is useless!!! on top of that I have to pay again to get it back!! this is all bull!!. Now I'm out shipping both ways and get to keep a wobbly mag that I can't even ride. I'm sticking to spoke wheels from now on.  mad. end of rant.

spyker wrote:

Just stick the mag in the freezer for a week,it will true itself out.

Haha, spyker look what you wrote in 2010 ^^

And look what you wrote in 2018 in my Perry Kramer 2019 topic about my Tuff Wheel:

DutchRipper wrote:

Also the rearwheel replacement was a struggle at first, they suggested that I should put it in the fridge and then after a while it would true itself. I didn't want to do that, so I said send me a replacement wheel and you put the bad one in the fridge yourself.

spyker wrote:

If A supplier told me to put a wheel in the fridge as a way to solving a issue.I would just send the whole bike back and demand my money back.

I gues your opinion has changed a bit in these years! tonguetongue lol

Most of the time I joke around,but with serious cases like dealing with defects of a product and be told on how to fix the situation with a halfass solution,I'm 100% serious.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#165 2019-03-14 12:06pm

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

spyker wrote:

lambohaha wrote:

And the freezer trick, does it really work? I may give it a shot on the one wheel of mine.

I am serious,it works,my friends and I have been doing it since we were kids.

^^

So you were serious about the freezer trick, but advised me to send it back for a refund when they advised me the freezer trick. wink

Last edited by DutchRipper (2019-03-14 12:08pm)

Hoe gaat het?

#166 2019-03-14 12:26pm

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

DutchRipper wrote:

spyker wrote:

lambohaha wrote:

And the freezer trick, does it really work? I may give it a shot on the one wheel of mine.

I am serious,it works,my friends and I have been doing it since we were kids.

^^

So you were serious about the freezer trick, but advised me to send it back for a refund when they advised me the freezer trick. wink

Was never serious about the freezer trick,just messing around.But I do advise from now on never to buy a SE product again.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#167 2019-03-14 12:35pm

moshnmore
Pro MemberMoney Pile $$$

Was that the same Ripper with the skyway rivet issues also? Was going to get 24's for my project but went with spokes instead

#168 2019-03-14 1:17pm

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

moshnmore wrote:

Was that the same Ripper with the skyway rivet issues also? Was going to get 24's for my project but went with spokes instead

YES, so they traded that bent wheel but when I received the replacement wheel I immediately send them a mail I wouldn't accept that because of the rivets...but they didn't take further action. (and later I also bought the spokes as a good Black Friday deal came up).

@ Spyker:

It doesn't really matter if you were joking or serious (or both), I know for a fact that when Advanced Sports Europe send me that mail that I had to put it in the freezer they were not joking, they actually wanted me to do that, because the mail was backed up by the SE Dealer who sold me the bike....and I was thinking what the F...

Hoe gaat het?

#169 2019-03-14 1:23pm

moshnmore
Pro MemberMoney Pile $$$

DutchRipper wrote:

moshnmore wrote:

YES, so they traded that bent wheel but when I received the replacement wheel I immediately send them a mail I wouldn't accept that because of the rivets...but they didn't take further action. (and later I also bought the spokes as a good Black Friday deal came up).

@ Spyker:

It doesn't really matter if you were joking or serious (or both), I know for a fact that when Advanced Sports Europe send me that mail that I had to put it in the freezer they were not joking, they actually wanted me to do that, because the mail was backed up by the SE Dealer who sold me the bike....and I was thinking what the F...

Think the freezer was an 80's myth. Sorry you had so many issues with that complete bike. Complete=ready to slap together and ride. With modern tooling, the wheels should be within 1/32 of being true. I recently bought a set of laced wheels for about the same price if not cheaper than 24" mags. Too many companies being bought out and dismissing poor quality.

#170 2019-03-14 1:32pm

DutchRipper
Pro MemberDUCKDUCKGO

Yeah, tell me.

Anyway Planetbmx's also answered in this topic about the freezer trick:

coloredtuffs wrote:

Here's Skyway's official response to the freezer theory- It's an old wives tale!  BUT..... it seems that it may have worked for some people.... and here's why-
Sometimes a wheel that has had it's tires inflated to higher pressure will warp slightly or show a wooble.  The act of letting the air out of the tire and removing the tire will sometimes allow the "memory" of the Tuff Wheel to return back to it's correct shape.  I KNOW for a fact that it works at times.
No freezer required.... Just a few days time at room temperature...

Hoe gaat het?

#171 2019-03-18 11:45pm

1fastmotodude
Museum Addict
Bikes: 23

tortuga wrote:

Luv the avatar, would have been nice to be the guy with the camera big_smile

Mechanical Art...                                                                                                                                                        1fastmotodude@gmail.com

Board footer

View Cart →