You are not logged in.

Online raffle  RSS Feed

#1 2019-02-11 8:19pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 13

Online raffle

I have been hearing about this Facebook bmx raffle. Can anyone tell me how it works? Pros cons? How to do it? Is it worth it listing your stuff? Anyone on here done it before?

Slap a tampon in it and call it a day!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
Trades: back spin for front spin
Front steel pro class wheel for Gt fork

#2 2019-02-11 8:23pm

VRAD69
Pro Memberaka RADPOOL
Bikes: 17

Re: Online raffle

Good bunch of people. Pro: you can win cool stuff for a fraction of the cost. Con: you end up throwing money at things, and not win them. But that’s the luck of the draw. I won a set of the new GT power series cranks on there, one of the big ticket items I needed for a retro I had recently stashed away due to missing said item. Only cost me $10. But I’ve lost a lot more, and ultimately banned myself from there. That and I could never quite get my things to fill up, but again that’s the luck of the draw

do not ask if any of my bikes are for sale. if it is not listed, it is not for sale...

#3 2019-02-11 8:46pm

kalel92198

I do you raffle things?

Nbd Kattsclawws67

#4 2019-02-11 8:53pm

crash24
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 10

Also the total amount they get for the raffle tends to be way more than they could sell it for.

Today was a good Day!

#5 2019-02-11 9:01pm

kalel92198

So raffling an item might be better than eBay or Craigslist?

Nbd Kattsclawws67

#6 2019-02-12 6:53am

72ss454
Pro MemberRETIRED SKATEBOARD COLLECTOR
Bikes: 2

I was on one group.  Had a lot of luck winning and selling at first, but ultimately left the group (third time was the charm) due to no longer being able to fill a raffle and a long losing streak.  Best thing I won was this bike for a $60 spot.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/47469/blocks5c2a476a7b.jpg

I also have won a few skateboard decks, a complete, and a Fit Mac V2 frame.  I raffled a Hutch Expert Racer complete, some skateboards, a set of Boss cranks, and other random bike parts.

It is hit or miss depending on what you have to raffle and how much you list it for.  As far as prices being inflated, those raffles rarely fill unless it is a rare hard to find item.  I've listed things that filled in ten minutes and similar items that i had only one or two spots picked after a week.

I keep buying and selling, so I guess I wasn't happy with the four I had left.

#7 2019-02-12 7:27am

kalel92198

I would like to try and raffle something to see what happens. Can anyone help me out with this?

Nbd Kattsclawws67

#8 2019-02-12 8:50am

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 139
Website

1000% illegal. Already a few threads on this.

#9 2019-02-12 8:51am

its-all-good
Website

I called them out and they never got back to me about it. lol
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 66&p=9

Last edited by its-all-good (2019-02-12 8:52am)

#10 2019-02-12 9:55am

kalel92198

I read it. It seems that it’s legal because it hasn’t been regulated yet. Idk my wife has a Facebook account. I don’t. I am interested in trying something new. I have a couple bikes on here that haven’t sold and I refuse to part anything out so maybe try this route out with one of em. See how it goes. Anyone on here raffle anything? Not buy anything just raffle something?

Nbd Kattsclawws67

#11 2019-02-12 10:36am

VRAD69
Pro Memberaka RADPOOL
Bikes: 17

kalel92198 wrote:

I read it. It seems that it’s legal because it hasn’t been regulated yet. Idk my wife has a Facebook account. I don’t. I am interested in trying something new. I have a couple bikes on here that haven’t sold and I refuse to part anything out so maybe try this route out with one of em. See how it goes. Anyone on here raffle anything? Not buy anything just raffle something?

I tried 3 times, got close to filling it at a very big loss on my part. Nothing. Then I tried to do what a lot of other people did, and offer a 2nd place raffle. Nothing but crickets. Thankfully I was able to trade one of the bikes off recently, but still am stuck with the other lol

do not ask if any of my bikes are for sale. if it is not listed, it is not for sale...

#12 2019-02-12 2:03pm

kalel92198

So you have to pay to put a bike in a raffle?

Nbd Kattsclawws67

#13 2019-02-12 2:53pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

kalel92198 wrote:

Ain't nothing wrong with parting..... everyone needs parts. And you end up making a few bucks more.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#14 2019-02-12 5:20pm

kalel92198

Iceman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

Ain't nothing wrong with parting..... everyone needs parts. And you end up making a few bucks more.

I hate parting out bikes. It annoys the crap out of me. I would rather build them and sell em.

Nbd Kattsclawws67

#15 2019-02-12 5:28pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

kalel92198 wrote:

Iceman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

I hate parting out bikes. It annoys the crap out of me. I would rather build them and sell em.

But not everyone has your taste in a build.  Really hard to sell a complete.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#16 2019-02-13 9:56am

72ss454
Pro MemberRETIRED SKATEBOARD COLLECTOR

The only completes that fill quick are the mid eighty GTs and then the new in box cruisers from GT, SE, and Redline.  Unless you have something special, old school, and loaded with rare/hard to find parts in good condition, it will be difficult to fill a raffle.  There are a few exceptions to this, but they have been a NOS purple 87 Predator, an Artic Orange Predator, and Hutch completes.  Haro usually does okay, too.

Mid and new school does not do well at all on the one I was on.  Selling on here is actually easier and less of a hassle.

I keep buying and selling, so I guess I wasn't happy with the four I had left.

#17 2019-02-13 2:10pm

its-all-good
Website

72ss454 wrote:

The only completes that fill quick are the mid eighty GTs and then the new in box cruisers from GT, SE, and Redline.  Unless you have something special, old school, and loaded with rare/hard to find parts in good condition, it will be difficult to fill a raffle.  There are a few exceptions to this, but they have been a NOS purple 87 Predator, an Artic Orange Predator, and Hutch completes.  Haro usually does okay, too.

Mid and new school does not do well at all on the one I was on.  Selling on here is actually easier and less of a hassle.

Not to mention legal.

#18 2019-02-13 8:40pm

kalel92198

Iceman wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

Iceman wrote:

But not everyone has your taste in a build.  Really hard to sell a complete.

Agreed! I still won’t part out bikes though. Usually I build them to original and list em on eBay right before Xmas. They sell well on there. But this vertigo I just built isn’t all original so I thought I would try something I haven’t done before. I just listed it on here so we will see how it goes. I need the money for the Midwest show. If it doesn’t sell I will go back to eBay.

Nbd Kattsclawws67

Board footer

View Cart →