You are not logged in.

Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?  RSS Feed

#76 2019-02-11 1:06pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
From: N. STL
Registered: 2006-01-14
Posts: 4919
Bikes: 5

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?


White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

Offline

 

#77 2019-04-05 2:29am

auldfart
Pro Member
Registered: 2019-03-03
Posts: 84

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

This is one I built last summer. tongue

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259714/p10108795ca71faeb5.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259714/p10108735ca71fca3b.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259714/p10108725ca71fe42c.jpg

Offline

 

#78 2019-04-05 2:48am

auldfart
Pro Member
Registered: 2019-03-03
Posts: 84

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

A couple more pic's.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259714/p10108635ca7228a8e.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/259714/p10108675ca722a86a.jpg

Offline

 

#79 2019-04-05 5:38am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 20435
Bikes: 77

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#80 2019-04-05 3:00pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
From: N. STL
Registered: 2006-01-14
Posts: 4919
Bikes: 5

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

212 Predator on there! Looks super fun and dangerous! Love it!


White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

Offline

 

#81 2019-04-06 8:27pm

auldfart
Pro Member
Registered: 2019-03-03
Posts: 84

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

matt thomas wrote:

212 Predator on there! Looks super fun and dangerous! Love it!

Yep, with a variable belt/clutch set up, so lots of low end torque and seemingly no end to the top end. Well, of the two of us that have taken it for a spin, we've yet to discover what the top end actually is. I think 50 MPH is about as fast as either of us have gone, me maybe less. It's fun, dangerous and kinda cool. It's something different anyway. The guy I built it for has a few other motorised bikes, but all two wheel. He asked me if I could do something like this, and of course I said yes, let's. tongue

One of these when I'm feeling brave, or stupid, I'll get it out on some straight road and see what it'll do....with my leathers on. tongue

Offline

 

#82 2019-04-07 7:56pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
From: N. STL
Registered: 2006-01-14
Posts: 4919
Bikes: 5

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

80 degrees here today, so my bike got the long ride it needed since the upgrades.  Eventually I'll stop spending money on other things and build the tank this bike needs. On a recent rainy day i sticker bombed my stock tank. Its hideous and awesome!
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/248/20190407_1700515caab6fd1d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/248/20190407_1700345caab73b3d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/248/20190407_1659595caab7b09e.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/248/20190407_1700195caab8240d.jpg


White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

Offline

 

#83 2019-06-30 7:18pm

Woodmaster
Pro Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2018-12-24
Posts: 1303
Bikes: 10

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/258026/img_02535d196d48e0.jpg
You guys seen this thing? Not finished yet, working on making the tank now.


The values of the weak prevail because the strong have taken them on as devices of leadership.
                                    The Will to Power

Offline

 

#84 2019-06-30 7:34pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
From: N. STL
Registered: 2006-01-14
Posts: 4919
Bikes: 5

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

Woodmaster wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 6d48e0.jpg
You guys seen this thing? Not finished yet, working on making the tank now.

What motor is that?


White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

Offline

 

#85 2019-06-30 7:38pm

Woodmaster
Pro Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2018-12-24
Posts: 1303
Bikes: 10

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

matt thomas wrote:

Woodmaster wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 6d48e0.jpg
You guys seen this thing? Not finished yet, working on making the tank now.

What motor is that?

Don't really know, nothing special I'm sure. Bought a kit off the internet, started building a bike around it.


The values of the weak prevail because the strong have taken them on as devices of leadership.
                                    The Will to Power

Offline

 

#86 2019-06-30 7:39pm

Woodmaster
Pro Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2018-12-24
Posts: 1303
Bikes: 10

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

Got the frame welded a couple weeks ago, got the tank almost mocked in cardboard.


The values of the weak prevail because the strong have taken them on as devices of leadership.
                                    The Will to Power

Offline

 

#87 2019-06-30 7:42pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
From: N. STL
Registered: 2006-01-14
Posts: 4919
Bikes: 5

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

Woodmaster wrote:

matt thomas wrote:

Woodmaster wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 6d48e0.jpg
You guys seen this thing? Not finished yet, working on making the tank now.

What motor is that?

Don't really know, nothing special I'm sure. Bought a kit off the internet, started building a bike around it.

I see. It doesn't matter, its a bike, with a motor, it will be fun to ride!


White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

Offline

 

#88 2019-07-01 7:02am

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7977
Bikes: 8

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

killer thread!  I gotta build one


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#89 2019-07-01 8:56am

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
From: N. STL
Registered: 2006-01-14
Posts: 4919
Bikes: 5

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

made2drag wrote:

killer thread!  I gotta build one

I recommend this to all types of bike people! Cheap fun hobby. Or you can spend a ton like pretty much every other hobby.


White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

Offline

 

#90 2019-07-01 9:03am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 20435
Bikes: 77

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

my new ish motors on the way. just got to figure out how and were to mount the radiator. then I can go for a spin. big_smile


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#91 2019-07-02 8:54am

Woodmaster
Pro Member
From: Wisconsin
Registered: 2018-12-24
Posts: 1303
Bikes: 10

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/258026/img_1003moto5d1b7e4379.jpg
Currently.


The values of the weak prevail because the strong have taken them on as devices of leadership.
                                    The Will to Power

Offline

 

#92 2019-07-02 9:05am

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7977
Bikes: 8

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

matt thomas wrote:

80 degrees here today, so my bike got the long ride it needed since the upgrades.  Eventually I'll stop spending money on other things and build the tank this bike needs. On a recent rainy day i sticker bombed my stock tank. Its hideous and awesome!
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b6fd1d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b73b3d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b7b09e.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b8240d.jpg

This wins in all aspects.  Fast, low and probably 100 miles a tank... cool


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#93 2019-07-02 9:11am

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7977
Bikes: 8

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

matt thomas wrote:

made2drag wrote:

killer thread!  I gotta build one

I recommend this to all types of bike people! Cheap fun hobby. Or you can spend a ton like pretty much every other hobby.

Ive got 2 vintage mini bike chassis's waiting for 3 hp briggs... a couple years ago I chopped a mtb up and put a 3hp on it but never got it finished, so I'm really wanting to start another one.  I was wanting to go 3hp and run a welded second hoop on the rear rim to run a belt.  But now I'm probably going to go the same route you went.  Makes the most sense.


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

#94 2019-07-02 1:53pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
From: N. STL
Registered: 2006-01-14
Posts: 4919
Bikes: 5

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

made2drag wrote:

matt thomas wrote:

80 degrees here today, so my bike got the long ride it needed since the upgrades.  Eventually I'll stop spending money on other things and build the tank this bike needs. On a recent rainy day i sticker bombed my stock tank. Its hideous and awesome!
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b6fd1d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b73b3d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b7b09e.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b8240d.jpg

This wins in all aspects.  Fast, low and probably 100 miles a tank... cool

It fast, its low, but the cylinder port job ate in to the fuel efficiency quite a bit. Fine by me, i wanted performance! Its a 26" frame, with a 24" rear wheel for a couple of reasons. I wanted the seat as low as possible, and as wide of a rear tire as i could make fit. I barely squeezed a Stolen Joint 24x 2.20 tire in the back! The only mod i did to the frame was trim the seat tube a bit to get the seat lower. There is still room for the seat post clamp that  really only holds the custom brackets that i made to move the seat back probably 3 or so inches. Pm me if you want, I'll tell you my thoughts and ideas on what motor kits, bikes/frames are good candidates. most parts from my kit weren't even used, i upgraded to much to list before the bike ever made it out of my workshop for its first ride.


White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

Offline

 

#95 2019-07-02 1:56pm

made2drag
Pro Member
From: USA
Registered: 2012-03-15
Posts: 7977
Bikes: 8

Re: Motorized bikes thread! Who's into them?

matt thomas wrote:

made2drag wrote:

matt thomas wrote:

80 degrees here today, so my bike got the long ride it needed since the upgrades.  Eventually I'll stop spending money on other things and build the tank this bike needs. On a recent rainy day i sticker bombed my stock tank. Its hideous and awesome!
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b6fd1d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b73b3d.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b7b09e.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … b8240d.jpg

This wins in all aspects.  Fast, low and probably 100 miles a tank... cool

It fast, its low, but the cylinder port job ate in to the fuel efficiency quite a bit. Fine by me, i wanted performance! Its a 26" frame, with a 24" rear wheel for a couple of reasons. I wanted the seat as low as possible, and as wide of a rear tire as i could make fit. I barely squeezed a Stolen Joint 24x 2.20 tire in the back! The only mod i did to the frame was trim the seat tube a bit to get the seat lower. There is still room for the seat post clamp that  really only holds the custom brackets that i made to move the seat back probably 3 or so inches. Pm me if you want, I'll tell you my thoughts and ideas on what motor kits, bikes/frames are good candidates. most parts from my kit weren't even used, i upgraded to much to list before the bike ever made it out of my workshop for its first ride.

Thanks man, when I get closer to a build I will keep you in mind!


Increase the Peace

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →