You are not logged in.
Skyway Wheel Clean Up
Picked a set of Skyway wheels up last week in readiness for my adidas x HARO freestyler custom build.
Wheels were in great condition but a little grubby and previous owner had used white brake pads.
Just had a go at cleaning them up using the below.
Stanley knife blade
0000 Wire Wool
Micro Fibre Cloth
1. First off gave them a quick wipe over with the Loctite spray.
2. Using the Stanley blade I scraped the old white brake pad residue from the wheels. You have to be quite vigorous to get this off.
3. Clean off all excess plastic on the wheel and clean down with Loctite & Micro Fibre cloth.
4. Use 0000 wire wool and WD40 and run over the wheel generously.
5. Clean off all excess with a Micro Fibre cloth.
End result is quite good and I am happy with the outcome.
1982 MT Racing Silverfox
1999 Haro Zippo - soon to be a custom built adidas x Haro Freestyler
Re: Skyway Wheel Clean Up
Wow, they look new! I have a pair laying in my garage that need work so I'll be using some of your tips! Thanks for sharing
BMX Museum - Where everything is rare or hard to find, including riders.
Less talk, more riding.
New school over your school, SUCKA!
How I roll: S&M Cam Wood v1
R.I.P. to the realest BMXer I have ever met, Jason Parratt - Bird