IPD
Pro Member
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 2
Website

Re: Global warming is a lie, snow

Draw wrote:

tacoman wrote:

Speaking of Scientists....they typically under-estimate and not over-estimate.

this is not true at all. according to science, we should already be out of food, oil and under 15 feet of water.

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spect … is-year-3/

hey, I wasn't gonna say it because I was trying not to rabble-rouse; but I agree.  Over-estimation marks the field; it's how the money keeps pouring in.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#52 2018-10-17 4:03pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 10

***ALL of my bmx is for sale , Im done and out !!***

#53 2018-10-17 7:23pm

tacoman
Pro Member

Draw wrote:

tacoman wrote:

this is not true at all. according to science, we should already be out of food, oil and under 15 feet of water.

In my previous post..said science is only getting better.

These predictions were made in the 70s. 40 something years ago. lol

How well do you think science/technology was then...compared to now?

#54 2018-10-17 7:41pm

tacoman
Pro Member

IPD wrote:

Draw wrote:

tacoman wrote:

hey, I wasn't gonna say it because I was trying not to rabble-rouse; but I agree.  Over-estimation marks the field; it's how the money keeps pouring in.

Would you two prefer to roll the dice and hope for the best...or put forth an effort to ensure the worst case scenario does not happen?

#55 2018-10-17 7:44pm

esp_mini_wi
Post Restriction

I think the scientists are full of shit on this one , of course the planet would eventually thaw out that's common sense.  All that ice up  and down on poles is left from the ice age . How long ago was that exactly leave ice outside it melts .

I need beaners!!!!!!

#56 2018-10-17 7:56pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

esp_mini_wi wrote:

I think the scientists are full of shit on this one , of course the planet would eventually thaw out that's common sense.  All that ice up  and down on poles is left from the ice age . How long ago was that exactly leave ice outside it melts .

.........and mic drop neutral

#57 2018-10-17 8:26pm

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

I’ll just say this, then I’ll leave it alone:  Humans will not destroy this planet.  Earth is too powerful for that to happen.  However, because of our tendency toward selfish behavior, humans WILL continue to push numerous species, habitats, and ecosystems to the brink of extinction and destruction.  It seems to me that since the consequences of our behavior, while debatable, may not lead to our demise any time soon, too few people are concerned about what our extreme consumerism says about us.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#58 2018-10-17 8:34pm

esp_mini_wi
Post Restriction

I do my part for animals and planet  instead of flying to Africa to see lions and giraffes and elephants I visit the zoo.

I need beaners!!!!!!

#59 2018-10-17 8:48pm

perront

esp_mini_wi wrote:

I do my part for animals and planet  instead of flying to Africa to see lions and giraffes and elephants I visit the zoo.

lol

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#60 2018-10-17 8:49pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

esp_mini_wi wrote:

lol

#61 2018-10-17 8:55pm

esp_mini_wi
Post Restriction

Shit i even buy atleast one overpriced stuff animal even , they claim the profits go to raise funds for animals .

I need beaners!!!!!!

#62 2018-10-17 9:02pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 6
Website

esp_mini_wi wrote:

Shit i even buy atleast one overpriced stuff animal even , they claim the profits go to raise funds for animals .

Was the stuffed animal made in China?

"Google is aiding the Communist Chinese military in asserting global domination and the defeat of America..."

#63 2018-10-17 9:03pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 6
Website

esp_mini_wi wrote:

You realize the manure created by zoos is the number 3 contributor to global warming right?

"Google is aiding the Communist Chinese military in asserting global domination and the defeat of America..."

#64 2018-10-17 9:11pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

Kurt_Rad wrote:

esp_mini_wi wrote:

You realize the manure created by zoos is the number 3 contributor to global warming right?

I thought it was Cow farts????hmm

#65 2018-10-17 9:14pm

esp_mini_wi
Post Restriction

Kurt rad , if you think a zoo days worth of manure is bad , I hope you don't eat meat at all  or at any restaurant ,  do you not realize that McDonalds buys x amount of cattle  usually from what are known as super farms they average 10-20 times the number of cattle any  farmer usually raises.  And it's not just mcdonalds its majority of grocery stores , food distribution companies that sell quanity to restaurants banquet halls , sporting events.  I'm just saying a zoo does not compare in any way to one of those super farms.

Added : stuffed animals were more than likely made in a Chinese children's sweatshop where kids get paid 1 penny for every 1000 animals I hope.

Last edited by esp_mini_wi (2018-10-17 9:17pm)

I need beaners!!!!!!

#66 2018-10-17 9:22pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

hmm ..... cows need catalytic converters, or we need to eat them quicker. I do my part to keep populations down... speaking of animals farts, anyone have the trail cam of the deer fart...lol

#67 2018-10-17 10:45pm

sawdoff85
Pro MemberBanned
Bikes: 7

Kurt_Rad wrote:

esp_mini_wi wrote:

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/215753/giphy-35bc81de5e5.gif

You know who you are
"I'm ina phone booth, I needa ambuh-lance!"
I do not use drugs, and I quit smokin weed. That's probably why I have zero tolerance for incompetence and idiocy

Iso: bi-oval predator forks, vp-666 pedals, powerlite p-51 f/f , bullet proof stuff

#68 2018-10-18 12:19am

Raven
ModeratorRetired Action Man
Bikes: 13
Website

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

hmm ..... cows need catalytic converters, or we need to eat them quicker. I do my part to keep populations down... speaking of animals farts, anyone have the trail cam of the deer fart...lol

Wasn’t there a South Park episode were the cows take over and worship a wooden cow god lollol

This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

#69 2018-10-18 3:20am

IPD
Pro Member
Website

tacoman wrote:

IPD wrote:

Draw wrote:

Would you two prefer to roll the dice and hope for the best...or put forth an effort to ensure the worst case scenario does not happen?

I'm just not in favor of westernized countries sack-tapping themselves over a fear that while potentially justified, isn't understood outside of the earth's autonomous tendencies; meanwhile undeveloped and underdeveloped countries are churning out enough pollutants to make LA look like a pristine paradise.

#70 2018-10-18 4:28am

Ladis
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Global warming is real...there is no doubt about this. If its man-made or just a natural prodcedure - I cannot really tell...but most likely both of it.
In the 15th/16th century we had an extreme cold climate period in Europe which was called the "small ice age"...which led to lots of crop failure and people dieing....the climate since then got permanently warmer and warmer until today. Besides this, mankind IS polluting the whole world and is having an influence on the global climate for sure. Let's say our pollution somehow speeds up a natural warming-procedure...

But global warming doesn't always means that it will get warmer....it will maybe also mean that "wheather" will get more extreme in shorter times...just have a look at all those big hurricanes that were hitting the US in the last 10 years. Other effects might be the cooling of weather: The climate of the West of Europe is extremely depending on the warmth of the gulf-stream...it provides all sea-near countries with a rather mild climate. If the cold water from the melting poles lowers the temperature of the gulf stream, the weather in those ares could become colder too. That's what I read recently...but also believe that there is no precise forecast for this....

#71 2018-10-18 5:07am

IPD
Pro Member
Website

I've yet to see a comprehensive assessment of global temperature cross-checked against typhoon/hurricane occurrence.  While I do believe that these storms are exacerbated by warm conditions--I'm not sure it's a 1:1 causal relationship.  To my knowledge, even though the world has been warming a bit over time, I don't believe the storm incidence rate has continued to climb every year.  Instead, it fluctuates.

#72 2018-10-18 6:19am

tacoman
Pro Member

IPD wrote:

tacoman wrote:

IPD wrote:

I'm just not in favor of westernized countries sack-tapping themselves over a fear that while potentially justified, isn't understood outside of the earth's autonomous tendencies; meanwhile undeveloped and underdeveloped countries are churning out enough pollutants to make LA look like a pristine paradise.

Skepticism is a reasonable position for you then.
Until it is fully understood...we should all carry on.
Incredibly risky in my opinion.

I remember a quote from something I read in the last year or so..  said something along the lines of "you don't wanna wake up to die".
Loose interpretation, don't wait until it is too late.
My position is we need to be smart about it...and not be "stuck on stupid" (which we a have rich tradition of doing).

Agree...other countries are their own worst enemy.   China for example...air and water in urban areas are both dangerous!
The rivers have created "cancer villages".

#73 2018-10-18 7:28am

perront

Kurt_Rad wrote:

esp_mini_wi wrote:

lol

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#74 2018-10-18 7:34am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

Raven wrote:

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

Wasn’t there a South Park episode were the cows take over and worship a wooden cow god lollol

I saw that:lol:lol

#75 2018-10-18 8:36am

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 13

tacoman wrote:

IPD wrote:

Draw wrote:

us two? rich coming from someone who consumes just as much and waste just as much as anyone else.
when you give up every modern amenity and go live in a cave to live of roots for the rest of you life, then i MIGHT listen to your bullshit. 

The planet historically has NOT had any ice caps for far longer then it has had any ice caps. the planet warming
10 degrees will open vast lands to farming and become much more favorable to human habitation. sure a few islands disappear and florida along
with some coastal cities may go away but thats a TINY price to pay for the vast expanse of say.... siberia warming to become vast farm lands rich in resources.

in 40 years the global population has almost doubled and over 1 BILLION people have been brought out of extreme poverty. This is where the impact (if any) is coming from
and these trends are not going away.

Last edited by Draw (2018-10-18 8:52am)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

Board footer

View Cart →