Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#27 2018-07-11 5:51pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 4

Re: My head hurts...

xtremevert wrote:

I'll never forget last year my 8 year old son hitting a jump and went big!!!  bike went flying one direction and went the other.  He went head first into a 3' wide x 1.5' tall rock beside the jump and path.  All I remember is dropping my bike and sprinting towards him.  luckily he was wearing a helmet.  He cracked the helmet he hit so hard.  I just remember sitting there holding him and thanking myself for being such a stickler about helmets.  could of turned out so much worse...

Reminds me of Rod's jump.
Summoning the spirits of the animal kingdom.
Glad he's ok man.
Good man! Gotta protect the yungins. They so crazy!! big_smile

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#28 2018-07-11 6:34pm

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 2

Dude.. glad you're ok, but damn that's a nasty hit! yikes yikes 
I do however, commend you for actually RIDING. I'd rather hit my head riding than trip on the carpet wink

My buddy took this pic a few years ago. It's been 25+ years since the last time I rode a track and I ate it on the second jump. That ground went at me FAST. I looked at my helmet when I got home and there was a deep gouge on the back. I would've stripped my head open if I wasn't wearing a helmet this day.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/d7h_4468-edit5b46af281f.jpg

Funny thing was, the track operator came running towards me and asked if I was okay. He then says 'You got a Hutch, no wonder you crashed' lollol

-Joe

#29 2018-07-11 7:47pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
Website

Try helmets on before you buy.  They all fit differently depending on your head shape.  I think one of the nicer on the market is the Shadow Conspiracy's Featherweight.  Certified and weight about as much as the hat you were wearing.

ride your bike until it breaks.

Board footer

View Cart →