17th Annual Midwest Oldschool Show & Swap indiana illinois  RSS Feed

#151 2018-02-10 12:17pm

bRADdlphns
Pro MemberDetroit's ONLY 44T rider !!!!
Bikes: 32
For Sale: 9
Website

Re: 17th Annual Midwest Oldschool Show & Swap indiana illinois

new , old and mid school parts everywhere. prices are better than ebay and the museum. no shipping and cash in hand, so good prices.

MCS Magic is back !!!!

#152 2018-02-10 12:53pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberUnleash The Beast
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 2

bRADdlphns wrote:

new , old and mid school parts everywhere. prices are better than ebay and the museum. no shipping and cash in hand, so good prices.

Very good prices! I should have picked up that box series frame for 45$ still kicking myself for that!

I build riders, not carpet queens.
ISO:85 mcs styled f/f

#153 2018-02-10 1:12pm

brettweir89
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 1

Anyone looking for new/like new, new school parts stop by...
GT Pearl White XXXL 2016 Speed Series frame (with you have to see it design on top tube from factory), 2 sets of DXR cranks (MX-70 and MX-71), Chris King bottom brackets, Shimano DXR/Alienation custom wheels, extra Alienation chrome rims, GT factory NOS jersey and GT authentic team pit crew work shirt, NOS/infamous/stupid rare Syncros Mental pedals in SS, plus other cranks, forks, chainrings, handlebars, and more. Basically I want to deal and not take anything home! I wasn't able to come last year which killed me, best friend was there and I had a table, but got horrible influenza A.

Last edited by brettweir89 (2018-02-10 2:15pm)

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)

#154 2018-02-10 1:28pm

fairlyodddad
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 7

cool

Thanks for the input!  Appreciate it.

Sounds great!

That is the most attractive part not having to deal with listings/fees, etc. big_smile

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
-----------------------------------------------------o0o------------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
-----------------------------------------------------o0o------------------------------------------------------

#155 2018-02-13 3:22am

old bmx dad/Ted
Pro MemberSupreme Robinson Collector
Bikes: 18

Bump

44T-Chicago Life member.                  1983 Robinson Cruiser ......

Thank you Brian ...
Trailorparkpimps #1 big friend.
OTB.....past member.

#156 2018-02-13 3:26am

IndianaXer
Pro MemberMr. Titanium Nipples

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

Bump

What up Ted?

-DA BEARS!
WTB:
ORPHAN GT 24T short peg in chrome
NOS GT 24T pegs in Black

If it ain't GT, it's for sale!       
44T Chicago Rider!
-RIDE or DIE

#157 2018-02-13 9:54am

fairlyodddad
Pro Member

I am still waiting to hear if I can take the day off from work...

Am I still going to be able to get a spot or is the deadline firm???

Thanks!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991

#158 2018-02-13 10:36am

meangreen92lx
Pro Member

Are bikes going to be grouped in their respective class this year or all over the place?  Was hard to judge the bikes last year with them scattered all over.

#159 2018-02-13 1:20pm

bRADdlphns
Website

meangreen92lx wrote:

Are bikes going to be grouped in their respective class this year or all over the place?  Was hard to judge the bikes last year with them scattered all over.

they are scattered

MCS Magic is back !!!!

#160 2018-02-13 1:21pm

bRADdlphns
Website

fairlyodddad wrote:

Thanks!

I believe the table deadline was the 12th , yesterday sad

MCS Magic is back !!!!

#161 2018-02-13 1:53pm

meangreen92lx
Pro Member

bRADdlphns wrote:

meangreen92lx wrote:

they are scattered

I get its harder to organize but I find it nice to have all the same class bikes together to compare. Other shows I've done have classes grouped and it makes judging way easier since they are all together and can be compared.

#162 2018-02-13 2:29pm

fairlyodddad
Pro Member

bRADdlphns wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

Thanks!

I believe the table deadline was the 12th , yesterday sad

Thanks yes I read that. I was asking if it's firm or is next day ok since still available on the site. I got approval today so I'll call about it.

Last edited by fairlyodddad (2018-02-13 2:41pm)

#163 2018-02-13 3:01pm

bRADdlphns
Website

meangreen92lx wrote:

bRADdlphns wrote:

meangreen92lx wrote:

they are scattered

I get its harder to organize but I find it nice to have all the same class bikes together to compare. Other shows I've done have classes grouped and it makes judging way easier since they are all together and can be compared.

agreed, but guys dont want to be far from their bikes. usually their bikes are right in front of their table

MCS Magic is back !!!!

#164 2018-02-13 4:03pm

Cr500conversions
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 5

Can I post a link to my current build thread for this show here on this thread?

And I paid for my registration for  95-99 20" can I change it to the retro class? I can pay for another entry if need be.

I'm not sure how much horsepower it's going to take to window the block... but I know how much I'm going to use!

#165 2018-02-13 10:38pm

getset
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

So I'm a solid maybe for this show.  I made it out two years ago for a quick visit and will be back in Chicago again in a couple of weeks.  I just need to sneak away for a couple hours on Sat to make it happen, but I'm hopeful.  lol

#166 2018-02-14 5:34am

meangreen92lx
Pro Member

Cr500conversions wrote:

And I paid for my registration for  95-99 20" can I change it to the retro class? I can pay for another entry if need be.

You can reserve another spot in a different class or maybe they can change your class the day of the show.

#167 2018-02-14 7:20am

joejoe87dyno
Pro Member
For Sale: 10

I'll be looking for a nice 85/86 dyno frame and a white frameset for someone else. Just in case someone has them.big_smile

Build your bikes the way you want. Always looking for 85/86 dyno but don't always have money for them.

#168 2018-02-14 8:27am

Cr500conversions
Pro Member
For Sale: 5

meangreen92lx wrote:

Cr500conversions wrote:

You can reserve another spot in a different class or maybe they can change your class the day of the show.

OK thanks

I'm not sure how much horsepower it's going to take to window the block... but I know how much I'm going to use!

#169 2018-02-14 8:54am

bmxpapa
Intermediate
Website

10 days away and counting !
Don't forget !
PRE-PARTY at HOOTERs in merrilliville Friday night 5:30-6:00 ask for the BMX room !
Little show update : tables are loaded, tshirts  are here ,Trophys are done !
Donation table is pathetic Hardly any donations this year .
Tables sales are the highest we ever had expect a good swap meet.
IF YOU reserved a table/ vendor spot and have a special request on where you would like to be set up PM me or email arn02@msn.com and We will do our best to accommodate you. There is a handicapped ramp and we can set you up with easy access.
Door open at 7:00 am to set up bring your own chairs and bike stands. Stands will be for sale in registration , They sell out every year get them early. NO OUTSIDE tables will be allowed in building NO EXCEPTION. There will be NO more blocking the walk way between the show bikes and vendor spots ,it must fit it in your area . If there's a problem come see me and we will do our best to accommodate you or stop by Friday to see your spot and we can talk about it.
This is a Family all ages event , No liquor is allowed in the park at all , Indiana hasn't passed any marijuana laws and it is still illegal in this state ...if you have a card or no card it's not allowed.
Most importantly have respect for others as they will for you and everyone will have a good time.

Ed's Sports Plus Bike Shop Sitting behind the Bars !

#170 2018-02-14 10:48am

S'mores
Pro Member
Bikes: 9

joejoe87dyno wrote:

I'll be looking for a nice 85/86 dyno frame and a white frameset for someone else. Just in case someone has them.big_smile

Bought a complete 86 compe there last year so maybe you'll get lucky! cool

Want To Buy: * 1990 Zolatone Haro Master/ Team Master * Mint 1990 Haro Sport bashguard plate * Auburn CR Bars * JP Pro Pedals * Light Blue VG Parts * S&M Holmes Ruler Decals *

#171 2018-02-14 11:31am

bird
i need drugs..not hugs

brettweir89 wrote:

GT Pearl White XXXL 2016 Speed Series frame (with you have to see it design on top tube from factory), 2 sets of DXR cranks (MX-70 and MX-71), Chris King bottom brackets, Shimano DXR/Alienation custom wheels, extra Alienation chrome rims, GT factory NOS jersey and GT authentic team pit crew work shirt, NOS/infamous/stupid rare Syncros Mental pedals in SS, plus other cranks, forks, chainrings, handlebars, and more. Basically I want to deal and not take anything home! I wasn't able to come last year which killed me, best friend was there and I had a table, but got horrible influenza A.

what size dxr cranks

44T CHICAGO CLUB RIDER
WANTED::::anything reynolds racing
WANTED::::bandito jersey
WANTED::::yellow panaracer tire 1 1/8
WANTED::::jmc pit bike
WANTED::::less talk,more riding

#172 2018-02-14 11:57am

joejoe87dyno
Pro Member
For Sale: 10

S'mores wrote:

joejoe87dyno wrote:

Bought a complete 86 compe there last year so maybe you'll get lucky! cool

The blue one right? I thought about it lol.

Build your bikes the way you want. Always looking for 85/86 dyno but don't always have money for them.

#173 2018-02-14 5:39pm

brettweir89
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

bird wrote:

brettweir89 wrote:

what size dxr cranks

Hey there. I've got a set of the newer model MX-71 in 180mm. And the older MX-70 in 175mm. Both in great shape.

So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)

#174 2018-02-14 6:07pm

quick2
Pro MemberPaul thinks he's Schwinning but I already Schwonn
Bikes: 24

I'll be on the lookout for a midschool cruiser, floval, S&M maybe, or something unique. 
I'll have cash and a ton of stuff to sell or trade with as well smile

I hope you have a big trunk.....because I'm puttin' my bike in it!   -Andy Stitzer
Remember....if everyone came to a bike show without a bike, it would just be a bunch of dudes standing around in a park...and that's just creepy!  If you've got one, bring one.  -Me
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now..  -Master Shifu

#175 2018-02-14 6:53pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop
Bikes: 20

quick2 wrote:

I'll be on the lookout for a midschool cruiser, floval, S&M maybe, or something unique. 
I'll have cash and a ton of stuff to sell or trade with as well smile

Saaay wuuuhh??? Wutchoo know ‘bout mid school cruisers?!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileProfileRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
“Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist” -- R.W. Emerson
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- -- King of Qin, Hero

Board footer

View Cart →