You are not logged in.

it's all most insane hare far BMX has grown  RSS Feed

#1 2018-01-30 11:55pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 60

it's all most insane hare far BMX has grown

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#2 2018-01-31 4:15am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 1

Re: it's all most insane hare far BMX has grown

It really is. Like R.L said in Joe Kid, In our wildest dreams we couldnt have imagined what these kids are doing today. It almost seems like the progression of bmx/freestyle in some ways was backwards. As colorful as the 80s were and as much as mags like Plus, Action and Freestylin were perfect for that time. The amazing and unreal riding that kids are doing today deserves to have a publication to reach the masses. Now I know that this is the age of online social media, youtube etc. But how many of u remember waiting for your next subscription of Plus to come in the mail? How many of your book bags or back packs had a few issues stuffed inside? Not only the articles were great but the buyers guides, graphics etc. Yea, I sound old lol. It's just too bad that there isn't more publicity for these kids other than what's limited to the X-Games.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#3 2018-01-31 8:10am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 60

justlive wrote:

It really is. Like R.L said in Joe Kid, In our wildest dreams we couldnt have imagined what these kids are doing today. It almost seems like the progression of bmx/freestyle in some ways was backwards. As colorful as the 80s were and as much as mags like Plus, Action and Freestylin were perfect for that time. The amazing and unreal riding that kids are doing today deserves to have a publication to reach the masses. Now I know that this is the age of online social media, youtube etc. But how many of u remember waiting for your next subscription of Plus to come in the mail? How many of your book bags or back packs had a few issues stuffed inside? Not only the articles were great but the buyers guides, graphics etc. Yea, I sound old lol. It's just too bad that there isn't more publicity for these kids other than what's limited to the X-Games.

X games, youtube, that FB stuff, BMX online forums, and their is stil 1 or 2 BMX magazines out.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730
Don't get butt hurt when someone posts their opinion to an open forum.

#4 2018-02-09 6:42am

olskuldj
Pro Member
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 1

Great post here.  I remember how passionate I was about freestyle, bmx overall back in the 80's and it was about everything from the tricks to the riders, but mostly the bikes for me.  I never had a subscription so I would get so exited when I'd see a new BMX Plus, BMXA or Freestylin on the news stands at my local market every month, begging my mom to buy me one.  Like Justlive stated, I drooled so hard over the equipment guides as well as the awesome bike tests.  This passion has not gone away which I why I build both race and freestyle bikes as well as replicas of some that really impacted me. 
This being said and although I do love the new era of flatland, I'm curious if the kids these days look at the sport the same way I did when I was young.  It's obviously different as they'll always have interent at their fingertips, but I wonder if they love the bikes as much as the riders, tricks and overall sport

It's your bike, build it how YOU want

Board footer

View Cart →