You are not logged in.

Has the collector BMX market slowed down?  RSS Feed

#201 2018-01-08 3:43pm

shifty72
Museum Addict

Re: Has the collector BMX market slowed down?

spyker wrote:

It's a good thing the prices are still somewhat unreasonable.It takes the attention away from all the MS deals to be had.

lollollol

Who pissed in my pool?

#202 2018-01-08 6:49pm

troynlori
Moderator"Pedal Peddler"
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 126

shifty72 wrote:

Shazambmx wrote:

Can't see how there were nearly as many kids into bikes from mid school era. I live in NYC. After 95, I was not seeing any kids on bmx bikes. They disappeared from the streets here. Seems most kids were playing video games and then the Internet. I definitely can see how there were a lot less mid school bikes made though.

Same where I am......seems like back in the 80’s more bikes were better made. In the 90’s I feel like quality was pretty bad

Guess what the number 1 Christmas present in 1983 was?  (or it might have been '82).  That sort of defines things in my view.

http://thechive.com/2012/12/17/the-best … 31-photos/

lol   It's funny when you look at the others.  Went from super cool BMX bike to Teddy Ruxpin.

Last edited by troynlori (2018-01-08 6:52pm)

Hutch Fun Facts: All main line Hutch's with digits only S/N (no letters or baseballs) on the rear drop outs were US made and had their dropouts stamped between late '83 and '86.  Obviously the frame manufacture would occur slightly after that, even if they just threw 'em in a bucket randomly.  There is an obvious date code in that the first 2 digits seem to be the month and the 3rd digit is pretty obviously the last digit of the year running from '83-'86.

#203 2018-01-08 7:46pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
Bikes: 6

troynlori wrote:

shifty72 wrote:

Shazambmx wrote:

Can't see how there were nearly as many kids into bikes from mid school era. I live in NYC. After 95, I was not seeing any kids on bmx bikes. They disappeared from the streets here. Seems most kids were playing video games and then the Internet. I definitely can see how there were a lot less mid school bikes made though.

Same where I am......seems like back in the 80’s more bikes were better made. In the 90’s I feel like quality was pretty bad

Guess what the number 1 Christmas present in 1983 was?  (or it might have been '82).  That sort of defines things in my view.

lol   It's funny when you look at the others.  Went from super cool BMX bike to Teddy Ruxpin.

Ha! Teddy ruxpin! That thing gave me the creeps. If all of us just keep building carpet queens then I think it (old school bmx) will die with us. If we build it... And ride it... They may come. I ride my freestyler everywhere. Not now cause of all the salt on the ground. My bike is all chrome.
I am just happy that the market is where it is and people are listing parts. If it was worth nothing I would be having a hard time finding what I want. Never expecting to see any of my money spent on BMX back.
Freestylefreek always got the great pics! Thanks for the mid school slide show!!

Mikey.... Good Gorilla....... King Of The Concrete Jungle........ Local 18A.... NYC.

#204 2018-01-09 3:57am

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 10

Shazambmx wrote:

troynlori wrote:

shifty72 wrote:

Ha! Teddy ruxpin! That thing gave me the creeps. If all of us just keep building carpet queens then I think it (old school bmx) will die with us. If we build it... And ride it... They may come. I ride my freestyler everywhere. Not now cause of all the salt on the ground. My bike is all chrome.
I am just happy that the market is where it is and people are listing parts. If it was worth nothing I would be having a hard time finding what I want. Never expecting to see any of my money spent on BMX back.
Freestylefreek always got the great pics! Thanks for the mid school slide show!!

Holy crap, I didn't realize that freaky bear came out in 82!?! I can't believe how much time has gone by. Teddy Ruxpin, Cabbage Patch Kids, Stretch Armstrong etc. I still remember when the cassette walkman  came out. It was like a new iPhone for us lol. Everybody wanted one! Same thing with the calculator watch lol.

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

Board footer

View Cart →