You are not logged in.

SAVE THIS SITE NOW!  RSS Feed

#26 2017-07-08 6:01am

Irata
Pro Member
Bikes: 31

Re: SAVE THIS SITE NOW!

Not that this will do any good, but there is a petition online.

https://www.change.org/p/photobucket-re … party-rule

#27 2017-07-08 6:33am

rcsnipe2000
Pro Member
For Sale: 1215
Website

personally, i dont know how PB got as big as it did, other then fourms everywhere recomending them by word of mouth.

back when i started here, PB already had way to dam many ads. i went with fliker. but now, they have just as many ads. once we could host here. fliker became dead to me. lol

all my pics stay in files on my desk top. including my decal library with litterally thousands of images. sales related files with thousands of images. if i need any 1 image, i click the blue upload and select the file i want, and the the pic, or pics and hit enter! done and done, not 1 ad, not 1 attempt to sell me anything. the way loading a pic should be.

i hope they go down for this one.

I sell used parts! If you are looking for nos or dead mint parts, dont buy from me. If you are looking for used, usable parts. Im the guy ya want to buy from.

WILL TRADE FOR

snafu mobus or simular gyro , gold, red,or blue, sealed threadless headset gold, red, anno chain tensioners red, gold, or blue, anno v brakes gold or red, anno u brakes blue,gold, or red anno colored spoke nipples gold, red, or blue

#28 2017-07-08 6:47am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 78
For Sale: 8
Website

About 5 months ago I started a photo inventory of bikes on my computer (that I rarely use). I had acquired about 30 bikes over the winter and wanted to have a good record of my bikes and parts moving forward. While I was doing that I actually went back through PB and started populating with bikes that I had photos of there but I no longer owned as there was a bunch of stuff not in the museum either. Didn't think much of it at the time but now I am glad I did. That's just the bike pictures though. I'm really sad about the thousands of funny ones that I posted here over the years lol

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2017-07-08 7:34am)

A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for everyone else.

#29 2017-07-08 7:26am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 14

Kurt_Rad wrote:

About 5 months ago I started a photo inventory of bikes on my computer (that I rarely use). I had acquired about 30 bikes over the winter and wanted to have a good record of my bikes and parts moving forward. While I was doing that I actually went back through PB and started populating with bikes that photos of there but I no owned as there was a bunch of stuff not in the museum either. Didn't think much of it at the time but now I am glad I did. That's just the bike pictures though. I'm really sad about the thousands of funny ones that I posted here over the years lol

Every project I have ever done (including a good few computers) has been logged, tagged and put into folders smile I do the same with my bikes too.

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#30 2017-07-08 7:48am

saskbmx
BMXer 4 Life

Some of my favourite threads are gone to shit. This sucks. I really enjoyed heading back to look thru all the pics!

#31 2017-07-08 7:51am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

saskbmx wrote:

Some of my favourite threads are gone to shit. This sucks. I really enjoyed heading back to look thru all the pics!

Yep. Certain threads...Hoffman, S&M, Midschool Haro, Dyno...that I would just spend time browsing through

#32 2017-07-08 7:55am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Not to mention the serial number threads, name it threads, restoration technique threads...

#33 2017-07-08 8:01am

Bon
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

That's big news. I wonder if Gary could put out a member alert to all BMX members to back up their photo bucket photos before it's too late.

Thanks for posting this Kurt.

HEY COMMON - TAKE IT EASY !

Would love to find a CW Z3000 and VDC 24 in the trash can

#34 2017-07-08 8:01am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Bon wrote:

That's big news. I wonder if Gary could put out a member alert to all BMX members to back up their photo bucket photos before it's too late.

This is definitely mass PM worthy. Surprised one hasn't went out already.

#35 2017-07-08 8:02am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member

Bon wrote:

GLWT. It took me four hours to download 280mb the other day. I then tried it on my other accounts and it just died around 15mb down.

If you haven't seen the magical stars floating around whilst lying face down in the mud you ain't lived.

"If you asked me what era of BMX I preferred I would look at you blankly and say all of them. If you never stopped riding you wouldn't look back with fond memories you'd create them instead. I come from 'any school'"

#36 2017-07-08 8:04am

Bon
Pro Member

Holy F*CK!!!

4 hours?

This is not good news.

#37 2017-07-08 8:04am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

AlurencatBMX wrote:

Bon wrote:

GLWT. It took me four hours to download 280mb the other day. I then tried it on my other accounts and it just died around 15mb down.

I've been able to save photos to my phone from the PB app. Maybe time to start saving them individually to my phone and then transferring them

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2017-07-08 8:05am)

#38 2017-07-08 8:07am

Bon
Pro Member

People should be able to also use a screen capture shot on their phone?

#39 2017-07-08 8:09am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Bon wrote:

People should be able to also use a screen capture shot on their phone?

That works also. On the mobile app there is the save/share icon and saving the photo to device seems to be working. It gave me
A pop up of "not able to complete operation" or something but the photo did save

#40 2017-07-08 8:11am

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
Bikes: 2

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp229/iceman2308/imagejpg1_zpsdeb3963f.jpg?1499526480323&1499526486150&1499526486893&1499526499585

I don't get it. hmm   My bucket says 20% full and this pic worked.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#41 2017-07-08 8:12am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

The icon in the top right allows you to save th  photo to your device, share via text message or through Facebook and other social media and it still works

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_97815960f5e65d.png

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_97835960f64531.png

#42 2017-07-08 8:13am

AlurencatBMX
Pro Member

Kurt_Rad wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

Bon wrote:

I've been able to save photos to my phone from the PB app. Maybe time to start saving them individually to my phone and then transferring them

I got one account down in about four hours. Trying again now, figuring it was a busy server on my other account (380mb). However, it's doing the exact same. Gets to 15mb then starts stopping, telling me I have four hours left etc. It will fail shortly I have no doubt.

What they are doing is nothing short of disgusting, but this is what happens when you take something for granted and rely on a free service to keep your data safe. I've been working in and around IT for about thirty years, and one thing I have always told every one is back up. Back everything you do up, because in today's modern life you can easily lose it.

Every time my camera fills up or my phone fills up with pics I create a folder on my hard drive called "Camera dump" or "Phone dump" and I date it on the date that I do it. I then make sure they are copied over to another hard drive. I made a mistake before and accidentally formatted a hard drive and I lost all of my digital pics from 1998-2007. A mistake I will never repeat again.

#43 2017-07-08 8:20am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

The discussion about having this site host photos began many years ago. In hindsight that transition should have been made a long time ago...as that's exactly it...taking it for granted. Photobucket was the most widely used initially so that became the default to directs all new members to over the years. It could have just as easily been Flickr or Imagur but PB just became the norm over time. Shitty that's the one that causing the issue now.

#44 2017-07-08 8:21am

FJ40

The owner of another forum I frequent is writing a plugin that will convert all the links to attachments. I can let you know how that works out. What else can we do to help?

#45 2017-07-08 8:24am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Eff this. I'm going to garage sales.

#46 2017-07-08 8:42am

jray02r1
Pro Member
Bikes: 30
For Sale: 3

numismatist wrote:

I stopped using photobucket YEARS ago. Imgur is far better, and you can post just like you did with PB, by copying the IMG tag.

I have not been able to get that to work.  Care to show us how?

#47 2017-07-08 9:08am

Traction Event
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
For Sale: 1

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Not to mention the serial number threads, name it threads, restoration technique threads...

+1

Still learning...

#48 2017-07-08 9:09am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Using any 3rd party hosting site is now a risk. If Photobucket has done this the other could easily follow suit. The only safe option is to host all photos directly from this site and to make that option available to all users.

#49 2017-07-08 9:11am

rcsnipe2000
Pro Member
For Sale: 1215
Website

correct ^^^^

rc

I sell used parts! If you are looking for nos or dead mint parts, dont buy from me. If you are looking for used, usable parts. Im the guy ya want to buy from.

WILL TRADE FOR

snafu mobus or simular gyro , gold, red,or blue, sealed threadless headset gold, red, anno chain tensioners red, gold, or blue, anno v brakes gold or red, anno u brakes blue,gold, or red anno colored spoke nipples gold, red, or blue

#50 2017-07-08 9:41am

andrewc
Pro Member
Bikes: 11

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Not sure about that. The guys that provided like 90% of the good information that we draw on from old threads aren't really here anymore. Honestly, a lot of the guys here now aren't of the same caliber and that old information isn't going to come back because this site now hosts photos.

Yep, this is the truth and what makes it saddest.  10,000+ post posters with content that amounts to a hill of beans is the new profile.

buying anything BlkMrkt

Board footer

View Cart →