You are not logged in.

Every BMX ever at the BMX junkyard!!  RSS Feed

#526 2014-02-07 4:43am

BMXDAZE
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

Re: Every BMX ever at the BMX junkyard!!

WTF sad not sure what to say ......

Headed Out To Sea In A Flat Spin

#527 2014-02-07 5:46am

BMX KYLE
The Mongoose kid
Bikes: 8

Every time this post surfaces again I get sick.....yikesmadsad

#528 2014-02-07 3:30pm

Spang
Pro Member
Bikes: 9

It seems to be like this with old cars too.  The one guy that has something and NEVER will do anything with it will not sell.  Rather it will sit and rot before he will sell.  Has to be a sickness with these people.  For crying out loud, sell that stuff and let people enjoy these BMX bikes!!!!!mad

#529 2014-02-07 4:20pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 65

youngGoose wrote:

CBR
This is my thought.  A neighbor or ours where I grew up took a rolling Harley frame from an insurance fraud fire, spent $6,000 to fix it, and turned it into a $12,000 motorcycle.  I am a firm believer that many things can be saved and some thing can't.  That is if the owner of "All Bikes" wants to sell anything.  Which leads me to a second thought:

I could care less what happened to the things in the fire.  It wasn't my property to begin with.  Which means I didn't have a say in how it was treated.

Recently, I bought two go-karts from a guy that had over 20 of them at his house and in a steel building.  He had also had over 50 arcade games in the building (around 15 cocktail tables) and about 300 beer signs.  He also had a PL-20 that he bought when he was 14.  I asked one time if he was interested in selling it and he said, "no, not at this time."  I didn't ask again about it.  He did say that if he did, he would let me know.  I was grateful that he showed me everything that was in his collection.  I respected his property and didn't give an opinion to what I thought he should being doing with it.  I understood that everything he owned was important to him.  However, I was able to get (2) two seater go-karts for $175.  That was his price.  Yes, they need some work, but they are complete.  I believe the reason why he sold them to me was because I respected him and his property so much.  An agreement was made with him that the karts would be sold back to him if I decide to get rid of them after my boys have had their fun with them.  The guy made it a point to tell me that I am the only person he has sold something to. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is an appropriate approach that has to be made with someone who is called a collector, hoarder, or junker.  It has to be one of respect.  I read many of these posts where it seems that some people are happy everything caught fire.  Why?  Because the guy was weird, crazy, rude, or some other negative adjective?  Because he wouldn't sell bike parts to just anybody?  I don't get it...those sentiments do not make sense to me.

well said CMB.

I think that this has been taking very far, by saying the guys things should burn is a sign of hatred and jealousy why say that about any one just because he has a lot of bikes doesn't mean he should be treated any different from you and i and yes he mite not want to sell things but that should be okay because if some asked me to sell one of my bikes and i said no will that make me a hoarder or should that buyer now hate me, no ive seen people with 20 plus bikes on this forums, why inst anyone wanted there stuff to burn, yes i mean he could sell to people wanting to restore some bikes but if he doesn't so what, find that part or bike else where.

Here in South Africa bikes are more hard to find than in US so people finding stuff is like a good sight but yet some still think about if that was there deal as if they wanted all the bikes in the world. Im a Mongoose guy but i don't think twice about all the bikes and parts AtariAger has why because i respect him for having all those part and bikes and most for keeping them in tip top shape (just stating a point no disrespect intended towards you) and why on earth think bad upon them, i would never want bikes or parts to burn to death that's thousands of parts wasted, melted, GONE forever.

So what im saying is everyone should just respect the guy....and hes choices, you never no he mite just open a shop tomorrow.

kawittwer
It's not worth anything if you aren't going to sell it.  some People are strange.

I just find it odd how many people say they could not buy his bikes or parts. he had sip loads of the exact same brand and mdel wroting back in to th ground. why even hav a business. if you do not realy want to sell of the mercindice?roll  but hay maybe  all them custmers wear  rude or mean to him and that's that. we will never KNOW.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#530 2014-02-07 4:23pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 65

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

youngGoose wrote:

CBR
This is my thought.  A neighbor or ours where I grew up took a rolling Harley frame from an insurance fraud fire, spent $6,000 to fix it, and turned it into a $12,000 motorcycle.  I am a firm believer that many things can be saved and some thing can't.  That is if the owner of "All Bikes" wants to sell anything.  Which leads me to a second thought:

I could care less what happened to the things in the fire.  It wasn't my property to begin with.  Which means I didn't have a say in how it was treated.

Recently, I bought two go-karts from a guy that had over 20 of them at his house and in a steel building.  He had also had over 50 arcade games in the building (around 15 cocktail tables) and about 300 beer signs.  He also had a PL-20 that he bought when he was 14.  I asked one time if he was interested in selling it and he said, "no, not at this time."  I didn't ask again about it.  He did say that if he did, he would let me know.  I was grateful that he showed me everything that was in his collection.  I respected his property and didn't give an opinion to what I thought he should being doing with it.  I understood that everything he owned was important to him.  However, I was able to get (2) two seater go-karts for $175.  That was his price.  Yes, they need some work, but they are complete.  I believe the reason why he sold them to me was because I respected him and his property so much.  An agreement was made with him that the karts would be sold back to him if I decide to get rid of them after my boys have had their fun with them.  The guy made it a point to tell me that I am the only person he has sold something to. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is an appropriate approach that has to be made with someone who is called a collector, hoarder, or junker.  It has to be one of respect.  I read many of these posts where it seems that some people are happy everything caught fire.  Why?  Because the guy was weird, crazy, rude, or some other negative adjective?  Because he wouldn't sell bike parts to just anybody?  I don't get it...those sentiments do not make sense to me.

well said CMB.

I think that this has been taking very far, by saying the guys things should burn is a sign of hatred and jealousy why say that about any one just because he has a lot of bikes doesn't mean he should be treated any different from you and i and yes he mite not want to sell things but that should be okay because if some asked me to sell one of my bikes and i said no will that make me a hoarder or should that buyer now hate me, no ive seen people with 20 plus bikes on this forums, why inst anyone wanted there stuff to burn, yes i mean he could sell to people wanting to restore some bikes but if he doesn't so what, find that part or bike else where.

Here in South Africa bikes are more hard to find than in US so people finding stuff is like a good sight but yet some still think about if that was there deal as if they wanted all the bikes in the world. Im a Mongoose guy but i don't think twice about all the bikes and parts AtariAger has why because i respect him for having all those part and bikes and most for keeping them in tip top shape (just stating a point no disrespect intended towards you) and why on earth think bad upon them, i would never want bikes or parts to burn to death that's thousands of parts wasted, melted, GONE forever.

So what im saying is everyone should just respect the guy....and hes choices, you never no he mite just open a shop tomorrow.

kawittwer
It's not worth anything if you aren't going to sell it.  some People are strange.

I just find it odd how many people say they could not buy his bikes or parts. he had ship loads of the exact same brand and mdel wroting back in to the ground. why even have a business. if you do not realy want to sell of the mercindice?roll  but hay maybe  all them custmers wear  rude or mean to him and that's that. we will never KNOW.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#531 2014-02-07 5:52pm

BMXDAZE
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

What a shame ...... what a waste roll

Headed Out To Sea In A Flat Spin

#532 2014-02-07 6:23pm

Austin 3:16
Pro Member

unreal

I Need A Wilkerson Airlines Frame - CASH IN HAND- FIRST gen Homeless forks

#533 2014-11-24 11:32am

ty134759
"TC Special"
Bikes: 9

First time I've heard of this.. This is absurd.

44T - BMX Club : Chicago

#534 2014-11-27 10:07pm

trailerparkpimp
Pro Member45th Tooth
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Kamo wrote:

I say a bunch of us go there wit a few uhauls...and do it up home invasion style!!!! Tie that guy up real good...keep somone guarding him...for about to days....put up a huge CLOSED sign at the gate. Load up and take any survaliance equipment he might have....take the goods to this sight and part every thing out at crazy low low prices. Jmo.

+1 lmao!!

8-9-18...R.I.P. Bird, you’ll be missed brother!

NEEDED: “MINT/SHOW QUALITY” RED- 9/16 SHIMANO DX PEDALS, A SET OF RED Z-RIMS & A SET OF SON LITE HUBS.
WILL NOT SALE TO: oldschool4life

#535 2014-11-27 10:14pm

saskbmx
BMXer 4 Life

trailerparkpimp wrote:

Kamo wrote:

I say a bunch of us go there wit a few uhauls...and do it up home invasion style!!!! Tie that guy up real good...keep somone guarding him...for about to days....put up a huge CLOSED sign at the gate. Load up and take any survaliance equipment he might have....take the goods to this sight and part every thing out at crazy low low prices. Jmo.

+1 lmao!!

+2 lol

#536 2014-11-28 9:04am

SupergooseScrambler
Pro Member
Bikes: 27
For Sale: 29
Website

Its an American Pickers Dream... or maybe its my dream???

#537 2014-12-06 3:09am

willaw114ag
Expert
Bikes: 13

I got a friend who has almost every single North American title for the original Sony Playstation. Almost all of them are sealed, never opened. He does not intend to sell, or play any of them. They sit in a box in his closet. When I asked him his reason for NOT selling something that sits in a closet forgotten. He answered- "Because I will know it's gone." HOWEVER, he has every newspaper, and TV guide from the last 25 years too. lol

Mongoose/Fusion aluminum bars in pro size. 14" GT Zoot Scoot, Dyno Pretzel Bars and Drain Pipe 22.2mm and Dyno Slammer forks.
I need these, so get at me please.

#538 2014-12-06 7:21am

general hustler
"GHramps"
Bikes: 12
Website

Do they also collect foil hats?

This just in: Drinking water supply has been compromised. Symptoms include acting irrational and disrespectful when discussing race, religion, and politics. Many impacted.

--------------------------------
NOW YOU FUNNY TOO
--------------------------------

#539 2014-12-06 10:35am

daddy-o
Pro Member
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 6

In case you haven't seen them- here are a couple of posts updating the status of the place;

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=619355

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=620293

Board footer

View Cart →