You are not logged in.

My Take on this lovely hobby of ours!

#101 2008-06-11 3:55pm

prolineII
Museum Addict
Bikes: 4

Re: My Take on this lovely hobby of ours!

my take on the original post that categorizes 2 types of enthusiest here.

#1) a person who has been in this hobby longer than everyone else and still have all the orignal frames and parts, from BITD. this is another way of bashing folks who moved on when they were young and got into cars, chicks, had families etc. basically we're expected to believe these people are better than the new people because they never went away from the hobby so therefore deserve more respect to fuel their ego.

#2) a person who raced each weekend for the fun of it while dreaming of the best bike they could think of while checking out the latest parts in magazines or the local bike shop. this person moves on and gets into cars or chicks, gets a family and moves through life remembering all those excellent days of riding and jumping. the passion never really leaves them. jump ahead a few years, the kids have left the nest, this person now has more disposable income and stumbles across a website dedicated to something that was dear to them two and a half decades ago. the passion is brought to the surface, the dream bike from BITD can built. if being proud of being able to become successful enough in life to be able to buy the things of your dreams is elitest, then so be it.

neither category persons should expose their petty jealousys towards the other, after all, both will bleed red when cut.

#102 2008-06-14 12:22pm

azbmxking
Banned

i just spent 2k at rockford

#103 2008-06-14 5:23pm

FU
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

^^ Wow that makes the $400 I've spent in the last month customizing some of my bikes look like a drop in the bucket.
so what'd ya get?

Last edited by FU (2008-06-14 5:24pm)

I would just like to say that I apologize. For absolutely nothing at all. HA HA HA

It's all about identity politics, until of course, you're asked to prove yours...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#104 2008-06-14 5:39pm

azbmxking
Banned

deep h stem
sling shot cruiser frame
nos 48h z rims
3 sets of haro knee savers
15 black sst dirt skirts
ame tri grips
comp 2 tires
gt izumi chain
hutch donut clamp
72 asahi bladed spokes

Board footer