You are not logged in.

ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!!!

#3801 2013-10-12 6:55am

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2010-11-27

Re: ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!!!

Mid is what I'll always go with if possible . My son's DK Intervol came with a nice Mid Sealed BB that I'm " borrowing " . Come to think of it that 2011 DK 18" was a nice bike that he outgrew in 2 years of Ray's MTB punishment . I still laugh at the time I caught him ghost-riding it into the foam pit to see how it would look because he was scared of the pit . lol . :cool:

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#3802 2013-10-12 7:03am

Roy Munson
Worst PR in BMX
Signed up: 2011-01-23
Bikes: 6
Website

^

He's got it.

It's been a topic I bring up from time to time, along with my strong dislike for pivotal seats.

My experience with euro sucks.
A t-1 barcode 22mm euro bb with primos(back when they first came with euro)
a KP Ripper(which i ran with 19 profiles and still had issues)
And a FBM Capone (22mm with Primos and switched to profiles) all issues

My 2008 Moody hickerson Spanish bb, profile cranks, issues
My 2007 first batch SFA. No issues however, Spanish bb 19mm profile.

Spanish and euro are NOT that far from each in size. Except with euros you had 4 bearings in the whole set.

But yea.  Barcode+tapered tubing+Spanish BB+ ugly cast built in seat post clamp= the rubber man saving some money that needs to be put twords the 24"

Why you think I have a CW2 and not a SFA.

#3803 2013-10-12 11:34am

ministock101
Expert
Signed up: 2011-07-23
Bikes: 4

Roy Munson wrote:

^

He's got it.

It's been a topic I bring up from time to time, along with my strong dislike for pivotal seats.

My experience with euro sucks.
A t-1 barcode 22mm euro bb with primos(back when they first came with euro)
a KP Ripper(which i ran with 19 profiles and still had issues)
And a FBM Capone (22mm with Primos and switched to profiles) all issues

My 2008 Moody hickerson Spanish bb, profile cranks, issues
My 2007 first batch SFA. No issues however, Spanish bb 19mm profile.

Spanish and euro are NOT that far from each in size. Except with euros you had 4 bearings in the whole set.

But yea.  Barcode+tapered tubing+Spanish BB+ ugly cast built in seat post clamp= the rubber man saving some money that needs to be put twords the 24"

Why you think I have a CW2 and not a SFA.

My 05 standard 250s had a euro bottom bracket. It was a pain in the ass. The bike was great but I traded it for a redline proline that was cracked. Didn't notice the crack until about a year later.

I <3 BoneDeth

#3804 2013-10-12 11:42am

eightyfivegt
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-03-10
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 1

How did you find the crack a year later? P.O. came clean about it?

Wanted: one copy of the last issue of BMX plus magazine!
Escaped from Detroit...and lived to tell about it!
Black Widows Central Florida Faction Ambassador

#3805 2013-10-12 12:32pm

72ss454
RETIRED SKATEBOARD COLLECTOR
Signed up: 2010-08-26

I'm not a fan of euro bottom brackets at all. Nothing but problems in my experience.  So far no issues with the two T-1s I have, but both belong to my girl. Whenever my Barcode is ready, I guess I will not use a 22mm crank/bb combo.  I rarely get to ride as hard as I would like, but on the rare/odd chance that I do, I don't want any issues. Already had my share of having to walk and drag/carry my bike across town these last three years.
Why is it that chains snap, tubes blow, or nuts and bolts loosen when you are miles away from tools, parts, or stores that carry tools and/or parts?

I keep buying and selling, so I guess I wasn't happy with the four I had left.

#3806 2013-10-12 1:06pm

eightyfivegt
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-03-10

72ss454 wrote:

I'm not a fan of euro bottom brackets at all. Nothing but problems in my experience.  So far no issues with the two T-1s I have, but both belong to my girl. Whenever my Barcode is ready, I guess I will not use a 22mm crank/bb combo.  I rarely get to ride as hard as I would like, but on the rare/odd chance that I do, I don't want any issues. Already had my share of having to walk and drag/carry my bike across town these last three years.
Why is it that chains snap, tubes blow, or nuts and bolts loosen when you are miles away from tools, parts, or stores that carry tools and/or parts?

I think if I was you, I'd carry a backpack with those extra items that you say are letting you down. Beats walking home!;)

Wanted: one copy of the last issue of BMX plus magazine!
Escaped from Detroit...and lived to tell about it!
Black Widows Central Florida Faction Ambassador

#3807 2013-10-12 1:15pm

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Signed up: 2011-08-13
Bikes: 3
Website

72ss454 wrote:

it's why my buddy uses tubes with tire slime.  also the reason why KIS wants to standardize everything to 6mm on EVERYTHING.  they are my favorite bmx company.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#3808 2013-10-12 1:39pm

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2010-11-27

^^^ I read about that 6mm project . :cool:

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#3809 2013-10-12 3:37pm

milhous
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-01-07
Bikes: 33

All my stuff has been 6mm for a couple years now, thanks to Blue6 bolts on pretty much everything. (only my brakes still use a 5mm but those never get messed with after initial installation).

WANT TO BUY-
Standard Bykes Gyro Hood (red)
2018 Volume Sledgehammer complete

#3810 2013-10-13 3:11pm

ministock101
Expert
Signed up: 2011-07-23

eightyfivegtz wrote:

How did you find the crack a year later? P.O. came clean about it?

I didn't touch it for awhile.

I <3 BoneDeth

#3811 2013-10-13 4:35pm

72ss454

eightyfivegtz wrote:

72ss454 wrote:

I think if I was you, I'd carry a backpack with those extra items that you say are letting you down. Beats walking home!;)

Funny you said that, the worst part is I walked six miles back on the first Ham Jam ride. There was a person with tools that was there to help, but I had walked over four miles dragging my mid school Barcode before someone realized that we were missing. I rode my WTF home with a loose front hub bolt one night finger tight. Three miles of just riding not able to hop on or off a curb.  Luckily, the chains happened to friends except one time I had the rear wheel slip forward, so it was not too bad.

#3812 2013-10-17 7:38am

pillclinton209
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2012-07-31

Well I thought I would never say this but I thinking of crossing over any recommendations for a urban style Street bike that will manual really easy short rear I been looking at the fit  wifi but I only know about old mid bmx

#3813 2013-10-17 8:19am

72ss454

pillclinton209 wrote:

Well I thought I would never say this but I thinking of crossing over any recommendations for a urban style Street bike that will manual really easy short rear I been looking at the fit  wifi but I only know about old mid bmx

S&M BTM?  I am not sure if anyone has a shorter rear than the BTM, but I am sure there has to be a few.

#3814 2013-10-17 8:36am

kcdirtbro54
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2012-02-14

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/btm.jpg
I love my BTM :cool:

Wosbmx

#3815 2013-10-17 10:43am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

pillclinton209 wrote:

Anything flatland oriented will fit the bill.  If you want a SUPER short end, the St. Martin TEN will fit the bill nicely.  Be warned that it does look the part though...so if you want something a bit more "street" looking, 13" is about the shortest you should go on a slammed rear end.  12" looks distorted.  14" is going to be a bit more difficult to throw around.

#3816 2013-10-17 11:17am

jaymeatsack
Intermediate
Signed up: 2007-12-28
Bikes: 22

72ss454 wrote:

pillclinton209 wrote:

S&M BTM?  I am not sure if anyone has a shorter rear than the BTM, but I am sure there has to be a few.

There are a few frames out there with a 13" rear end. Mutiny had one, can't say I remember which model it was though. The Fit Benny frame has a 13" c.s., the Marv frame has a 13.1" same goes for the Wifi. The Sunday Broadcaster has a 13", the Funday has a 13.1". I had a custom done up a few years back with a 12.75" c.s. as I though it would be a super fum manual machine. I wound up looping out on everything and getting rid of it.

#3817 2013-10-17 11:19am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

FLATT is 13.25".  Arguably best frame of the 2013 model year.

#3818 2013-10-17 11:28am

blueep3piece
no forks given
Signed up: 2012-06-26
Bikes: 5

pillclinton209 wrote:

how about a Hucker?

current school > your school

#3819 2013-10-17 11:33am

pillclinton209
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2012-07-31

Thanks I will look into these models what about the wifi any body running that frame?

#3820 2013-10-17 11:35am

Leroy Rochester
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2010-10-26
Bikes: 17

Black Market Contraband? Don't get much more "dark side" than that!

Better to be shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube.

#3821 2013-10-17 11:51am

blueep3piece
no forks given

pillclinton209 wrote:

Thanks I will look into these models what about the wifi any body running that frame?

no one I know.  I have the baddest frame ever to be spat out of hell in my for sale if you're feeling it. chainstay specs aren't what you're looking for but it manuals like a banshee.

#3822 2013-10-17 12:00pm

Leroy Rochester
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2010-10-26
Bikes: 17

And to add something productive to this discussion... I have a BTM and a Hucker. Keeping in mind that I suck at manuals, I find the Hucker easier to control when I try to bring the front up compared to the BTM (which I've been known to throw down the street with little to no provocation when attempting manuals and feeble grinds).

Better to be shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube.

#3823 2013-10-17 12:05pm

Jerry A Hutcher
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2009-03-02

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv251/1hotwolff/1372319_10200823093476465_2143087332_o_zpsf18720ee.jpg

#3824 2013-10-17 12:12pm

blueep3piece
no forks given

Leroy Rochester wrote:

And to add something productive to this discussion... I have a BTM and a Hucker. Keeping in mind that I suck at manuals, I find the Hucker easier to control when I try to bring the front up compared to the BTM (which I've been known to throw down the street with little to no provocation when attempting manuals and feeble grinds).

kinda bummed you don't have the Hucker in your bikes. mine is lonely.

#3825 2013-10-17 12:19pm

kcdirtbro54
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2012-02-14

I'm by no means great at manualing, but I have improved A LOT since I got my BTM. I'm also rocking the 21.5"tt. There's a few guy around here with wifis. I've only ridden one of them for a short time and it had a 20.75tt and was WAY short for me but the kid that rides it manuals all over the park.

Wosbmx

Board footer