You are not logged in.

Flea Market/Swap Meet Vultures

#26 2008-06-08 11:57pm

Racer
Pro MemberPhilly Cheese Steak
Bikes: 22

Re: Flea Market/Swap Meet Vultures

gaijin your so much smarter then me. Your right, since its at a swap meet, greed is ok. Earth is a better place if more people would just be more greedy.
Apocoplypse your such a funny guy, suggesting murder always cracks me up.

#27 2008-06-08 11:58pm

bikejedi45
Museum Addict

cg4167 wrote:

i've seen this happen in just about every kind of collecting. From sports cards down to people door sitting at walmart for hotwheels,johnny lightnings and whatnot. wink just remember their day will come

Sounds like you might be very experienced with the ladies....

#28 2008-06-09 12:02am

bikejedi45
Museum Addict

Racer wrote:

gaijin your so much smarter then me.

Well, if the shoe fits...

#29 2008-06-09 12:49am

Nasty
Banned

my buddy still piss's me off i want if zippofor what he paid he would'ny be where hes at if it wasnt for me

#30 2008-06-09 3:30am

jjvh66
Museum Addict
Bikes: 14

bmxghostrider wrote:

I wonder what kind of BMX Bike Jesus would prefer...

Whatever kinda bike he has, i'd bet he'd run a pair of Maxxis Holy Rollers on it. cool

Panties aren't the best thing.......BUT they're next to tha best thang.

#31 2008-06-09 4:44am

00_Duck
Pro Member
Bikes: 27

The world is full of middle men. We'll never escape it. You just have to beat them to the punch. I know a guy who has done this and it is nearly impossible for me to have it set like him.  He's a profiteer mostly, but he did the leg work and paid the guys off at the thrift stores and the markets so he's got an army looking and holding stuff back for him.

What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone, I know goes away in the end.  ~ NIN Hurt

#32 2008-06-09 5:59am

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

if getting fair market price for something is greed, then im guilty. things are worth whatever you can sell them for. oil,gas, cars, houses,shoes, whatever the product is. im so sick of the "gimme this for almost free" mentality in any collectable hobby. in this case its bmx. if i could, i would buy for cheap and sell for profit all day everyday. isnt that what this capitolistic society was designed to do? you dont like the price of something, dont buy it.  you cant afford something, find an alternative. its no secret why i drive a GMC truck and a older acura. i liked the price, and i could afford it. i really wanted a Porche, but i refused to deal with such a greedy bunch of people. i also wanted a huge house with a 5 car garage, but those greedy developers wont accept what i can afford to pay for it. GREED???

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2021
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my white inTRIKat!!!

#33 2008-06-09 12:04pm

gaijin
Pro MemberResident Hutch Hater
Bikes: 19

I'm not Gordon Gecko.  I never said greed was good.  My point was that the Jesus at the temple reference wasn't particularly relevent to someone poaching your favorite scoring spot.  I've never had a problem with you personally, but you can take your rightous indignation and your sarcasm and shove them both right up your poop chute.

avatar photo copyright 2012 asklite

Things I need:  Chrome MX-900s and Tech 3 (rear), 1st or 2nd gen finned Mathauser pads with original hardware.

#34 2008-06-09 12:14pm

RL Paulie
Pro Member
For Sale: 6

I don't see what the big deal is.  For some of these guys this is exactly how they make a living.  I could never do it myself but hey, more power to them to be the early bird and profit from their hard work.  It's a business... get used to it.  Some people are pissed at Earl's prices.  He's saving for his retirement.  I wish him all the best.

What I’m selling: https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/search?user=2547

What I want/need:
Black&Pink A'ME unitron or Oakley B1B; Black Elina Flytetech seat (2)

<<- That's my dad. RIP 11/9/1921-10/29/2020

I'm a notoriously slow shipper. Please have patience. You WILL get what you pay for. Thank you.

#35 2008-06-09 12:31pm

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper

RL Paulie wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is.  For some of these guys this is exactly how they make a living.  I could never do it myself but hey, more power to them to be the early bird and profit from their hard work.  It's a business... get used to it.  Some people are pissed at Earl's prices.  He's saving for his retirement.  I wish him all the best.

Your right...who cares.  I guess he's in the right place at the right time!!!???  smile

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#36 2008-06-09 12:34pm

oneluv1979
The Profile "Champ"

LOL THIS JUST CRACKS ME UP !!!!

Everybody is so quick to point the finger !!! So what if he is makin money?

He found something that he can , i understand what ur sayin but with anything there will be people in it only for the money !!!

BUT how many members i have seen , post in catchall looks at todays score and 2 days later its on ebay , im not knocking no one because i admit i do it to .... but i take the money i make and buy the bike or parts i want or need ....

The bottom line is he found a way to profit and make money and the amount of people doing this will only get larger !!!

I WISH I COULD QUIT MY JOB AND HUSTLE BMX BIKES !!!! THAT WOULD BE A DREAM !!!

WANTED :   FRED Z Chrome 24" Bars,, DK 1st Gen Clamp,Cyclecraft 24" Frame & forks ,

[img]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/proudamerican79/bw-soflo-charter.gif[/img]

#37 2008-06-09 12:41pm

matt thomas

gaijin wrote:

I'm not Gordon Gecko.  I never said greed was good.  My point was that the Jesus at the temple reference wasn't particularly relevent to someone poaching your favorite scoring spot.  I've never had a problem with you personally, but you can take your rightous indignation and your sarcasm and shove them both right up your poop chute.

am i missing something? who is this directed at?

*edit*  i see what i missed. sorry.

Last edited by matt thomas (2008-06-09 12:43pm)

Wanted- Injury free 2021

#38 2008-06-09 3:05pm

apocalypse dude
Pro Memberpro hater
Bikes: 2

Racer wrote:

Apocoplypse your such a funny guy, suggesting murder always cracks me up.

hey im not suggesting you murder him, just tell him to get off your turf or start paying you taxes to work your area. i think 50/50 would be a fair ratio.

THIS IS A 90'S RARE GEM - MR. HOFFMAN, MR. HAWK AND MANY OTHER CELLEBRITIES WOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE THIS BIKE AMONG THEIR COLLECTION.

#39 2008-06-09 3:19pm

bikejedi45
Museum Addict

gaijin wrote:

+1

#40 2008-06-09 4:22pm

A-Jey
Pro MemberBMXtraordinaire
For Sale: 22

Racer wrote:

Well flipping BMX and hard to find bike parts is now firmly entrenched. Rat bastids that dont care a rats behind about bikes are buying them up and selling for huge dollars. This is what I found out today. I got to the place around 7:30 Hella early right???
Well everything with expensive parts and one GT was sold. I was cursing at the one guy, no wonder us collectors cant find crap.

I found out the guy has a store and buys the stuff as he is setting up a stand. Some work the stand, he goes and buys everything worth anything. This all before the place is even open!! Not because he loves to collect or wants to restore bikes but greed.

Before you think it unrational of me to be so angry. Remember what Jesus did at the Temple? He got so irate at the greed and corruption he cursed them out and flipped over the tables. This jackal is making a fortune, selling bikes for sometimes more then ten times what he paid. Not because he ran out of room for his collection and had to sell, not because he didnt want to part with his prized bike and it took so much to pry it from his hands. Greed. Plain and simple. Leaves us collectors with nothing to find.

And the greed continued. I went to another place. Mind you over the few months I have been going, never found anything. Now I know why, but heck I'll try another place. I spot a bike with Profiles, I check the size 180s. Bike is a 97, so Id guess the cranks are 90s cranks. I dont want the bike but will sell it for what I paid so its like getting the cranks free. Whoever buys the bike from me will still be getting a great price so everyone wins right?

Wrong. I asked the guy how much. He sized me up and said $65. I said will you take $50. He said $60. So I bought it. Great deal right? Wrong. I get to the truck to put it in the back of my SUV and I notice the serial number and a price tag!?!?!? What was the price? Just $40!!! The guy saw I looked like I could pay more and raised the price. Greed. Now my first ever find also has me fuming.

WOW, you just figured that out.
man those vultures are everywhere, every bmx site has them too.

just look closely at catch all, bikes & parts get posted there as a score then most of the time end up in the for sale section.
its sad to see this happen all the time.
I been trading a lot more now, its so much better and only involves the price of shipping and i get exactly what i want for a minimal amount of capital.

I'm here to buy your bike, not your emotions.

#41 2008-06-09 4:30pm

NBKA-SENSEI
Museum Addict
Bikes: 11
Website

oneluv1979 wrote:

LOL THIS JUST CRACKS ME UP !!!!

Everybody is so quick to point the finger !!! So what if he is makin money?

He found something that he can , i understand what ur sayin but with anything there will be people in it only for the money !!!

BUT how many members i have seen , post in catchall looks at todays score and 2 days later its on ebay , im not knocking no one because i admit i do it to .... but i take the money i make and buy the bike or parts i want or need ....

The bottom line is he found a way to profit and make money and the amount of people doing this will only get larger !!!

I WISH I COULD QUIT MY JOB AND HUSTLE BMX BIKES !!!! THAT WOULD BE A DREAM !!!

I'm right there with you man.... big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile
I sell to fund projects, I will some times buy a compleate just for one part and then push the rest.

F-DIBS in 2009,2010   Sensei~ 

I Vote to abolish the Dibs Factor on the Museum Forever!
Just say NO to Dibs.

#42 2008-06-09 4:34pm

azbmxking
Banned

its all about making that paper

#43 2008-06-09 4:53pm

oldschoolbmxfanatic
Old School Fool
Bikes: 2

Racer, I've communicated with you a few times and you've always seemed cool but you need to take a reality check! You're WAY off base! Dude, this is just how it is!! I've always sold things at a fair price and that means what the CURRENT market value is. There's NO confusing this!!! I've had NOS Bullseye BBs that I got for $25, yes$25 that I sold for $150!! NOT because I was greedy but because that's what the current market value was. I got a bike less the wheels from my LBS for $5 and it had Vector Bob Haro Signature Series bars on it. Do you think I sold them for .75 which would have been close to the price for each part once the bike was broken down? NO, I sold them for ALOT more than that! (Crash, you'll NEVER live that one down! LOL!) You're just POed because you're not the one getting the deals! I understand what you mean about people scooping stuff up and then feathering their nestegg but that's just how it goes!! I know of a story where a guy hooked someone up with a location against his better judgement and the other guy bought almost everything and showed up in various places we all frequent only to try and sell the stuff for so much more than he got it that he actually priced himself out of the market!!! I had a guy who used to call me all the time and tell me about stuff he could get for prices that were UNBELIEVABLE! I offered to buy some stuff with him so that we could both keep what we wanted and then sell the rest(at current market prices)so that we could each make money to buy the stuff that we wanted. He probed for info and turned out to be a d*ck and bought all the stuff and now sells it on Ebay! He jas some GREAT stuff and I know what he paid for it but I don't give a damn other than the fact that he's a goofball! A goofball who did the leg work, found the stuff and now he's selling it to build himself the bike of his dreams! Buy low,sell high! It's done everday around the world! It's called the stock market and it's part of what drives the economy!! I didn't hear you say anything about gasoline prices! Something that affects ALL of us EVERY day! AND!! The Jesus comment was WAY off base!!

Last edited by oldschoolbmxfanatic (2008-06-09 4:54pm)

#44 2008-06-09 5:53pm

matt thomas

oldschoolbmxfanatic wrote:

Racer, I've communicated with you a few times and you've always seemed cool but you need to take a reality check! You're WAY off base! Dude, this is just how it is!! I've always sold things at a fair price and that means what the CURRENT market value is. There's NO confusing this!!! I've had NOS Bullseye BBs that I got for $25, yes$25 that I sold for $150!! NOT because I was greedy but because that's what the current market value was. I got a bike less the wheels from my LBS for $5 and it had Vector Bob Haro Signature Series bars on it. Do you think I sold them for .75 which would have been close to the price for each part once the bike was broken down? NO, I sold them for ALOT more than that! (Crash, you'll NEVER live that one down! LOL!) You're just POed because you're not the one getting the deals! I understand what you mean about people scooping stuff up and then feathering their nestegg but that's just how it goes!! I know of a story where a guy hooked someone up with a location against his better judgement and the other guy bought almost everything and showed up in various places we all frequent only to try and sell the stuff for so much more than he got it that he actually priced himself out of the market!!! I had a guy who used to call me all the time and tell me about stuff he could get for prices that were UNBELIEVABLE! I offered to buy some stuff with him so that we could both keep what we wanted and then sell the rest(at current market prices)so that we could each make money to buy the stuff that we wanted. He probed for info and turned out to be a d*ck and bought all the stuff and now sells it on Ebay! He jas some GREAT stuff and I know what he paid for it but I don't give a damn other than the fact that he's a goofball! A goofball who did the leg work, found the stuff and now he's selling it to build himself the bike of his dreams! Buy low,sell high! It's done everday around the world! It's called the stock market and it's part of what drives the economy!! I didn't hear you say anything about gasoline prices! Something that affects ALL of us EVERY day! AND!! The Jesus comment was WAY off base!!

this pretty much sums it up. nicely done oldschool

Wanted- Injury free 2021

#45 2008-06-09 10:11pm

baron340
Pro Member
Bikes: 21

Back to the spelling of nunchucks, it's NUMCHUCKS, just ask Chazz Reinhold at the end of Wedding Crashers.  You risk him num-chucking your a$$.  Ma, the meatloaf!  (gaijin, I know it's nunchakus, I was just making a Dennis Miller type joke.) What was this thread about?

Do not deal with Niagara Cycles, NY. 

Looking for AC 180mm drive side crank arm chrome.

#46 2008-06-09 10:14pm

gaijin

baron340 wrote:

Back to the spelling of nunchucks, it's NUMCHUCKS, just ask Chazz Reinhold at the end of Wedding Crashers.  You risk him num-chucking your a$$.  Ma, the meatloaf!  (gaijin, I know it's nunchakus, I was just making a Dennis Miller type joke.) What was this thread about?

lollollollollollol

Things I need:  Chrome MX-900s and Tech 3 (rear), 1st or 2nd gen finned Mathauser pads with original hardware.

#47 2008-06-09 10:45pm

polanco
BMXer 4 Life

jesus,of course my friends,would ride a sabbath,complete with love bars,which seem to be needing spreading around a bit,the love that is.greed is part of humanity since abel and cain,simple as that,one of the first words kids learn is "mio"or mine,so go figure,I also think a subject matter as delicate as beliefs should not be tampered with,since those arguments tend to go a long way,Ive seen blood brothers divided by that,so chill...

#48 2008-06-09 10:50pm

gaijin

Hey, I wasn't hacking anyone's beliefs, I just thought the reference was irrelevent...

Board footer