You are not logged in.

Why have a Repop Bike?  RSS Feed

#101 2012-02-16 6:17am

Murphys Law
"Tahoe Troubadour"
Bikes: 5

Re: Why have a Repop Bike?

i think repop and retro are 2 totally diff things..
a retro bikeand parts like the retro 24 quads are cool to me .. old school looks with new school handeling at a price thats affordable to ride and thrash around on.. just like the retro style dodge challenger rt-- old school feel , good performance in a package thats affordable and driveable, no one in there right mind would confuse a new challenger hemi  to a old challenger hemi., same with a 80s floval and a new retro floval, pk, cw, skyway ect...

repop stuff thats made to be misleading as being nos sucks.. in the bmx world, car world , ect....

Last edited by Murphys Law (2012-02-16 6:21am)

#102 2012-02-16 6:20am

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

wfc09 wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

wfc09 wrote:

No comparing my new school GT to my old school GT's. Lighter, faster, stronger..........wink

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 … /007-1.jpg

I have built some high-end old school bikes for my boys and have recently replaced them with new school. When asked if they want their old bikes back they look at me like I'm crazy.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 … /009-1.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 … /004-1.jpg

cuz they didn't grow up with OS scoots-duh. lol

Nice try brother. Not talking about the nostalgic part but the improved ride and feel of the new vs. old. I grew up racing in the 80's and would not trade my new school ride for an old school bike that's for sure. I love looking at 80's bikes.........that's it. I ride new school bikes cuz they are just that............new. Not hatin just sayin. cool

Not a nice try-try to figure out what my point was-why in the hell would you build your kids OS rides when they have no ties to them other than you liking them...  Of course they would take a NS scoot---why?  ...because they are kids and have no ties to OS scoots at all-they didn't grow up with them. smile  Likewise I also realize that NS rides do the job better that bikes of yesteryear-albeit I really don't think they are as good lookin but that's my personal taste.

So of course your kids would take a new bike-what kid wouldn't-that point is moot.  smile

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls.  smile

Getting your wife to beg for cheap Hutch grips for your "bday" is pathetic when you are too cheap to pay the going rate

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#103 2012-02-16 6:21am

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

Murphys Law wrote:

a retro bikeand parts like the retro 24 quads are cool to me .. old school looks with new school handeling at a price thats affordable to ride and thrash around on.. just like the retro style dodge charger rt-- old school feel , good performance in a package thats affordable and driveable, no one in there right mind would confuse a new challenger hemi  to a old challenger hemi., same with a 80s floval and a new retro floval, pk, cw, skyway ect...

repop stuff thats made to be misleading as being nos sucks.. in the bmx world, car world , ect....

yup

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls.  smile

Getting your wife to beg for cheap Hutch grips for your "bday" is pathetic when you are too cheap to pay the going rate

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#104 2012-02-16 6:24am

Murphys Law
"Tahoe Troubadour"
Bikes: 5

JS-44SDS wrote:

Murphys Law wrote:

a retro bikeand parts like the retro 24 quads are cool to me .. old school looks with new school handeling at a price thats affordable to ride and thrash around on.. just like the retro style dodge challenger rt-- old school feel , good performance in a package thats affordable and driveable, no one in there right mind would confuse a new challenger hemi  to a old challenger hemi., same with a 80s floval and a new retro floval, pk, cw, skyway ect...

yup

cool

#105 2012-02-16 9:57am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 64

JS-44SDS wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

I guess Matt, you have to look at it in the context used.  If you buy repop parts put them on an OS ride and perpetuate them as the real McCoy then yes that term does stick.  You however are insinuating that those that collect never lived it BITD which mostly isn't true...some even raced.  Of course most of us can't ride like we used to-your time will come also for many different reasons. life, not in the best shape, age, kids, other interests, etc. or maybe a combination of a few.  For me if I want to relive my youth I want the real deal.

As far as the automobile analogies-they rarely work as bikes and cars are not comparable. Cars were daily transportation in the elements-bmx bikes not the case.  The parts on a bike are more of an aesthetic thing-cool lookin bars and stems-not so much with NOS or repop quarters on my 64 Chevelle. 

Oh and carry on I just wanted to keep it going. lol

lol till I got a drivers licens  some  time in the late 90's. till then my bike was my daily transportation and for the most part it still is!

my best friend from high school has a truck lifted with alloy wheels alloy stering wheel. it's his daily driver. he did not ad that stuff to mack it a safer driver its for show!

a nother friend from my high school days has a 69 VW with repo side  panels and engine cover. why because he could not bring his self to cut luvers in the og stock panels.  but he did not think twice about cuting the repo ones:P

So you rode your bike in the snow, rain, put 1000's of miles on it in a year...go back and try to find a clue.  I also rode my scoot everyday til I got my drivers "license" but please do not make the riding every day the same as using a car for everyday life the same-get the concept b4 the post. smile

big_smile no snow wear I live as a kid. I lived 5 miles frome the beach!  but yes I road my bike year round even in rain! I hated walking only did that when I had a flat tire and had to buy a  new tube.neutral
yes I did put 1000's of miles on my bike. I road  my bike from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM during sumer days less when stuck in school.sad

my fave dirt jumping trails was 20 miles 1 way from my house. my fave fltatland freestyle spot to ride 30 miles from my house. but you do what you got to do for what you love. we did not have a truck/car to pile all the bikes in. so we just pedaled to wear we wanted to hang out and ride! I road my bike to shool to home then to work/ job. then out to go play. then back to home to sleep. then do it all over agin the next day smile god I loved being in so CA in the 80's

so YES  MY BIKE was daily transportation in the elements

Last edited by FRESSTYLE FREEK (2012-02-16 10:02am)

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#106 2012-02-16 10:26am

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict
Bikes: 49

Murphys Law wrote:

I agree. Pretty much wrote the same thing on page one...smile

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us"...

And I'll look down and whisper "no".

#107 2012-02-16 10:56am

jumpin jim
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

If a company chooses to make a crank arm. It so happens to be the same exact crank arm they made in 1982, nothing different, an exact replica. They designed, built, and sold everyone ever made. Do you think they should not be able to make said crankarm exactly the same ever again? Anything we have currently in BMX would be simple to remake. Things are copied everyday. Buyers need to do their homework because the wheels are in motion. When a dude rolls out 20 sets of NOS 7 x's how does that happen?big_smile

#108 2012-02-16 8:09pm

WINDman
Centurion Member
Bikes: 12
Website

Murphys Law wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

Murphys Law wrote:

yup

cool

agree also

#109 2012-02-16 9:12pm

looptailnut
Pro MemberI luv Robk for hosting the build off
Bikes: 2

72ss454 wrote:

I like old cars, too.cool

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa27 … 51_458.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa27 … dom/ss.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa27 … om/ss1.jpg

What about Skateboards?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa27 … x001-1.jpg

The blue one is OG and was used as a template to reissue the Jinx mini, reissue is on the right in natural. 

Draw wrote:

jumpin jim wrote:

No need to tell us your preference.

heh, but your thread title was a question.
.. so you kinda do want to know other peoples preferences smile

Edited to help you understand which preference was being talked about.lol

Yeah I'm G A Y roll

Lets Go Steelers, Pens, and Bucs!!!!

Tons of stuff for sale soon

Board footer

View Cart →