You are not logged in.

Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

#126 2008-01-10 10:45pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

jasonGT wrote:

coming up projects are:

88 blue pro performer
88 pink pro freestyle tour
and my version of
1990 jamaican GT pro freestyle tour

I'm also throwing around the idea of doing an '88 PFT in "Electric Blue" smile


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#127 2008-01-10 11:30pm

jasonGT
Expert
From: California
Registered: 2006-09-13
Posts: 935
Bikes: 29
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Slicer GBA wrote:

jasonGT wrote:

coming up projects are:

88 blue pro performer
88 pink pro freestyle tour
and my version of
1990 jamaican GT pro freestyle tour

I'm also throwing around the idea of doing an '88 PFT in "Electric Blue" smile

now that, i call it FREESTYLE!!!


looking for:  hutch rear hub (Ti or aluminum), Vector forks

Offline

 

#128 2008-01-15 12:38am

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

jasonGT wrote:

I'VE GOT THE GT BLUES!!!

86 pro world tour
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z223 … dar051.jpg

87 pro freestyle tour team model
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z223 … dar030.jpg

Hey Jason, you don't mind if I grab these pics for my GT archive do you?


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#129 2008-01-15 4:05am

jasonGT
Expert
From: California
Registered: 2006-09-13
Posts: 935
Bikes: 29
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Slicer GBA wrote:

jasonGT wrote:

I'VE GOT THE GT BLUES!!!

86 pro world tour
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z223 … dar051.jpg

87 pro freestyle tour team model
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z223 … dar030.jpg

Hey Jason, you don't mind if I grab these pics for my GT archive do you?

no, not a problem. nice thread going on here!!


looking for:  hutch rear hub (Ti or aluminum), Vector forks

Offline

 

#130 2008-01-15 4:33am

coasty
Museum Addict
From: Queensland, Australia
Registered: 2007-03-25
Posts: 3194
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I actually won an auction about 2 years ago for an 87 GT Performer. The seller never responded to emails then became unregistered so my Performer days were over. Not a lot of them down under either.


70's bmx is where it's at.

Offline

 

#131 2008-01-15 11:52pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

coasty wrote:

I actually won an auction about 2 years ago for an 87 GT Performer. The seller never responded to emails then became unregistered so my Performer days were over. Not a lot of them down under either.

What a bummer man!  I've only been burned 2 times out of hundreds of Ebay transactions, but it was for $2,000!!  EEEKK!!  I felt personally violated.. like the kind prison inmates feel at night *L*


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#132 2008-03-10 11:29pm

jasonGT
Expert
From: California
Registered: 2006-09-13
Posts: 935
Bikes: 29
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

here Slicer as promise my unfinished jamaican GT

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=47077


looking for:  hutch rear hub (Ti or aluminum), Vector forks

Offline

 

#133 2008-04-08 7:39pm

chairman
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2008-04-08
Posts: 2
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Phil Wood, AWESOME bikes! Are you sure the red one is a 1989? In 1987 they switched to the "S" down tube. It definitely has the 89 graphics, but I think the frame is a 1986 model. I have the dayglow pink 87 pft, just like the one in your picture, since that year. There really is no comparison to GT in general when it comes to freestyle bikes, but they really out-did themselves that year. Remember the dayglow orange? They discontinued it within the first year of production, I think before it even hit the market. I really wanted it, but settled for the pink. Those are my favorite style gt mags as well. That purple 86 is a close second...but only in purple.

Last edited by chairman (2008-04-08 7:42pm)

Offline

 

#134 2008-04-08 7:56pm

Slicer GBA
Intermediate
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 2007-02-15
Posts: 280
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

chairman wrote:

Phil Wood, AWESOME bikes! Are you sure the red one is a 1989? In 1987 they switched to the "S" down tube. It definitely has the 89 graphics, but I think the frame is a 1986 model. I have the dayglow pink 87 pft, just like the one in your picture, since that year. There really is no comparison to GT in general when it comes to freestyle bikes, but they really out-did themselves that year. Remember the dayglow orange? They discontinued it within the first year of production, I think before it even hit the market. I really wanted it, but settled for the pink. Those are my favorite style gt mags as well. That purple 86 is a close second...but only in purple.

Pro Performers and PFTs had the double bend, regular performers still had the single bend up until 1990..


Dyno UL plate, Dyno Brake Guard - D1, D2, or UL

Offline

 

#135 2008-04-08 9:11pm

mr2nds
Intermediate
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: 2007-04-10
Posts: 393
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

jasonGT wrote:

Slicer GBA wrote:

jasonGT wrote:

I'VE GOT THE GT BLUES!!!

Wow Jason.. That looks so freakin' cool with those bikes out on the sand at HB.. do you live down there.. I haven't been down there since the U.S. Open..  I love it down there.

i little drive from bellflower, ca for the nostalgic photo op and a beach ride!

When do you do rides at HB?  I would love to see that chrome PFT Team in person.  Loved the '87

Offline

 

#136 2008-04-08 10:29pm

jasonGT
Expert
From: California
Registered: 2006-09-13
Posts: 935
Bikes: 29
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

mr2nds wrote:

jasonGT wrote:

Slicer GBA wrote:


Wow Jason.. That looks so freakin' cool with those bikes out on the sand at HB.. do you live down there.. I haven't been down there since the U.S. Open..  I love it down there.

i little drive from bellflower, ca for the nostalgic photo op and a beach ride!

When do you do rides at HB?  I would love to see that chrome PFT Team in person.  Loved the '87

not to often, whenever wife permits,
i do rides on san gabriel river bike routes which is close by,  just to air out the old school rides.


looking for:  hutch rear hub (Ti or aluminum), Vector forks

Offline

 

#137 2008-04-08 11:06pm

acuzerfdw
Sponsored by: JB-Weld
From: Ontario, CA
Registered: 2007-07-26
Posts: 1955
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

Jason, how far up the river do you ride??


I DON'T HAVE ANYMORE BIKES OR PARTS... ALL MY PICS ARE OUTDATED


"The more people I know, the fewer I like." - gaijin

Offline

 

#138 2008-04-09 12:40am

jasonGT
Expert
From: California
Registered: 2006-09-13
Posts: 935
Bikes: 29
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

acuzerfdw wrote:

Jason, how far up the river do you ride??

i only reach pico rivera then back, if i reach el monte i will be in my truck taking my parts for powder. lol!
aleks, do you ride outside your block?


looking for:  hutch rear hub (Ti or aluminum), Vector forks

Offline

 

#139 2008-04-09 5:10am

acuzerfdw
Sponsored by: JB-Weld
From: Ontario, CA
Registered: 2007-07-26
Posts: 1955
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

LOL!!
Not too much. I've been wanting to ride the river trail though. I see all the riders going through there when I'm at the Dam doing repairs. And I've heard it'll take you all the way to the beach! I don't know if I'm conditioned enough to take such a long ride. You don't ride that far on your BMX bike, do you???


I DON'T HAVE ANYMORE BIKES OR PARTS... ALL MY PICS ARE OUTDATED


"The more people I know, the fewer I like." - gaijin

Offline

 

#140 2008-04-09 5:39am

djd93306
Vet Pro
From: Bakersfield, CA
Registered: 2007-11-25
Posts: 3478
Bikes: 34
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I think the Performers all have different valus. The 84/85s are the most collectable but the 86s have a better standing platform.
The best GT freestyle bike made before the ownership changes was the 94 PFTT. After that the 99/2000 Show is sick, those are the most solid built but the best collectable has got to be the 84. It is one of the few bikes I have that I would not ever get rid of. Im almost finished Im just waiting for the matching grips and im gonna paint the disk blue too.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh245/djd93306/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer/P1010019.jpg


Can you ever really have enough GT's?

Offline

 

#141 2008-04-09 5:55am

djd93306
Vet Pro
From: Bakersfield, CA
Registered: 2007-11-25
Posts: 3478
Bikes: 34
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

stclair411 wrote:

I started out with an 83-84 white GT performer. Hated it. Just not nice to ride.I bent the frame in like a month.Thank god for warranties when your 13 and broke, 'cause I took it back and got a TrickStar. That was a bike.

Huh, howd you brake a 4130 Performer and not brake that Trickstar??


Can you ever really have enough GT's?

Offline

 

#142 2008-04-09 5:59am

boxline69
Redneck on a Skyway
From: Montgomery, AL
Registered: 2008-02-07
Posts: 3979
Bikes: 15
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

84/85  IS  Pro Performers Hands down.Ed RULED with these and every mag had ED in it somewhere.The 87's are very cool ,but it's the dbl.bend i just didn't dig at first.Just sold an 89
and got my fav 85 to build a Fiola replica of my fav GT.$189 back then was alot and the most expensive f/f i remember was the Freestyle Quad with Standing Gear.heres a pic of my fav PWT
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/boxline69/FiolaCobblestone.jpg


You Can't Fix Stupid
Need VDC Changa Fork!! and Monkey Bars!!

Offline

 

#143 2008-04-09 6:09am

stclair411
Museum Addict
From: Richmond, VA
Registered: 2007-11-10
Posts: 1536
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I know exactly how. When I got the Performer I was just getting interested in freestyle stuff. Prior to that my friends and I stayed in the dirt and were always building bigger and not so better ramps to jump. Anyway, one nice day I was jumping the Performer and I decided to go for every style point. I ended up landing the bike VERY hard and VERY wrong completely bending the rear fork and cracking my a$$ badly at the same time. Being a halfway(only just) smart kid, when I got the Hutch I stuck to the pavement. You have to know my folks didn't buy me these bikes, I did. I cut a lot of lawns and other stuff to get them. So when I bent the GT, I was in no hurry to make the same mistake twice.

Offline

 

#144 2008-04-09 5:18pm

jasonGT
Expert
From: California
Registered: 2006-09-13
Posts: 935
Bikes: 29
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

acuzerfdw wrote:

LOL!!
Not too much. I've been wanting to ride the river trail though. I see all the riders going through there when I'm at the Dam doing repairs. And I've heard it'll take you all the way to the beach! I don't know if I'm conditioned enough to take such a long ride. You don't ride that far on your BMX bike, do you???

if you want to ride that far get a road bike, our classic freestyle bike are uncomfortable for our age to ride.


looking for:  hutch rear hub (Ti or aluminum), Vector forks

Offline

 

#145 2011-11-30 7:59pm

94GTPerformer
Member
From: Boston, MA
Registered: 2011-07-06
Posts: 95
Bikes: 8
Offline

Re: Online Poll -- Best GT Performer ever

I got an 85 and a couple 94s, also had some 98's and 99s, my fav is the s-tube 93s and 94s will post pics soon

Offline

 

Board footer