You are not logged in.

Gabe Hatem Future Pro

#1 2007-12-16 4:01pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 3

Gabe Hatem Future Pro

This is about Gabe Hatem. A very fast 7x. There no other way to describe him. He is a phenom.
He never stops pedaling. I saw him pass a kid in a turn at our iron man race, and let's just say he wanted to win. He is also a ver nice young man. Well mannerd, and respectful. I love watching him race. I have watched him race guys 2 years older and keep up with them.

Also he has parents that support him. CHRIS AND FRED HATEM. I can tell where he get's his upbringing from. And that is very important. Having a family that backs you. His mom is real cool,you can always see her cheering him on the sidelines.

I hope that gabe decides to stick with BMX. And I hope you guys get to see him race. You would not be dissapointed. So if you are at a national Keep an eye out on the 7x class and the kid on the "green machine"
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/RADDOG/28.jpg
His mom can give you a better description than i can so i asked her some questions.

Hi,
I'm not really sure what and how much to give you but here's what I can tell ya.

The first thing that you have to understand about Gabe is that his world revolves around his bike.When he was 2 1/2 he was riding a 2 wheeler w/ no training wheeles and shortly after he eyed up some dirt hills which later became his new favorite thing...jumps!

He started racing at Flemington when he was 5 I was freaked out but Matt gave him a clinic and let the gate drop and he litterally launched over the first tabletop and landed it.Matt just looked at me and said "you have nothing to worry about!"
He quickly moved from 5 rookie to 6 rookie and within about two weeks of turning 6 he became a novice. This past spring he became a 6 expert and then in August a 7 expert.

He has made great friends, but the best one is Jeffrey Elletto! The two go hand in hand you can't find one without the other. They love to race together and they push each other to the limits.
Gabe loves racing period. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't ask if he has a race, and if he doesn't he is outside either on his ramps or in the dirt pile making a track with his little dirt bikes.Before he goes to bed at night he get's his blanket all messy and bumpy and for about an hour with his little dirt bikes he makes Pro sections, The Howell track, rhythm sections and whatever tracks he can make and names all his dirt bikes either Jeffrey, Gabe, Philly D, Rich Farside and whoever else he can think of and rides those tracks until he turns off the little light under his bunk bed and says"I'm ready for bed"

That's what Gabe's story is.Plain & simple.

We live is Northern New Jersey(Sussex Co.) so we do not have a practice track, the only practice he gets is about an hour before a race and anything he can get after a race.I usually have to drag him off the track and we are usually the last to go.

He is really looking foward to the future, he just signed on with Point Pleasant and can't wait until the next big event which will be the Christmas Classic and Presidents cup in december.

We went to the Grand Nationals this past year and he placed 4th in 7 expert which ranked him 7th in the Nation, He also got a 2nd in the region and a first in the state.

The one thing that I have to say about Gabe is he gets very focused when he is on the gate, I don't know what he is thinking in his but his facial expression is very intense. He knows what he has to do to to get the job done and he usually does it, if he doesn't win the race he get's ready for the next moto and redeems himself without a doubt.He does what he has to do to win.It's like an obsession to him, and when the race is over he's the goofy 7 year old with everyone else and already forgot about the race he just won.

Gabe also is a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do and is on an 11-12 year onl advanced boys gymnastics team. I think he is a freak of nature, one day he just decided he wanted to learn how to do a standing back flip and by the next day he had it mastered.

Who knows what's in store for him in the future, but at the rate he's going there's no stoping him, the sky's the limit.

But like I said earlier "It's all about his bike"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/RADDOG/12-12-07054.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/RADDOG/12-12-07056.jpg

I would like to thank his mom for giving the go ahead to do this and for the info. WIthout parents like his there would be no future pro's

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

Former National 29 35-40x  -NBL
2010 2011 Regional #3  NBL

2019 district 174 USABMX

#2 2007-12-16 7:15pm

bmxmom156

Re: Gabe Hatem Future Pro

hey and dont forget about little sis she isnt far behind him(what is she like 4??)

#3 2007-12-17 6:04pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

I have to bump this for the little guy. He deserves it.

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

2019 district 174 USABMX

#4 2007-12-17 6:32pm

Bentrim
Intermediate
Bikes: 5

Props to the little guy and his family they deserve it. It's good to hear about a kid especially these days that focused on BMX. I wish him all the success in the world. his story his mom gives reminds me of when I was that age, I didn't get to race then but all I thought about or did had 2 wheels and jumps. Props to you to Ant for giving the boy a shout out.

Bending rims and breaking hubs for over 20yrs

Since I am of the old school, I immediately jump up and proclaim that I'm okay, but in truth it really hurt, and I would prefer to do what today's young riders do and just lie on the ground, whimpering, until five or six people showed up to help me stand.

#5 2007-12-17 6:56pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

THANX keep the props coming. This kid is awesome. trust me.

2019 district 174 USABMX

#6 2007-12-26 12:16pm

Alex Steadman
Museum Newbie

TIC!

#7 2007-12-28 5:53am

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

update on how he did yesterday. From his mom

Gabe took first in all three motos and took 3rd in the main(WOO HOO)

.I have to mention that the first place rider in Gabe & Jeffreys class is world #1, and I think that 2nd place went to California state Champ.

This kid is gonna be something trust me.

2019 district 174 USABMX

Board footer