Pro Member
Signed up: 2007-12-20
Bikes: 6

1993 Powerlite P28

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc03534.jpg

1993 Powerlite P28

Fun little neighborhood cruiser.
     Is it a rare color? I know it's Odd!

Picked this up for a song. The pic is old before I cleaned her up. I originally planed to send it on down the road as trade bait or sale, but she polished up nicely and I enjoy zipping around the neighborhood on her. At first I didn't really like this green but it has grown on me now and looks really sweet in bright daylight. I put a dyno laid back on and up graded the brakes and ride comfortably at 6ft. It’s my first Powerlite and I think it’s a factory screw up but the spilt in the seat post that is covered up by the seat clamp is in front facing the top tube.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Looking for =
Boss freestyle bars
Haro Master Pads White /Blue
Webco forks

#2 2009-06-29 2:24pm

tuffguy
Expert
Signed up: 2008-10-09

Re: 1993 Powerlite P28

my 93 has the same seat tube split. Must be normal. What is the TT length on P28?

Need used 20" items: red or blue metal flanged Tuff Wheel II front, yellow Tuff Wheel I rear, red Tuff I rear, Pro-class silver front wheel, gold Araya 7x or Ukai rear wheels 1.75 or 1.5, nice silver Araya 7c 20x1 3/8 rear wheel w/black low-flange hub, Motomag II rear

#3 2010-02-09 9:29pm

Jimmy B
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2010-02-09

This bike was my first BMX bike that my mother saved up for me long time ago. It had just came out in my town of Yuma, AZ. I was the first to own it, and as wierd as it sounds, for being such a wierd color, many people loved it. Unfortunatly they stoled it and I never baught another bike again. Its awesome to see this bike again and get some memories from childhood. Wish I still had it. Sad story but true.

#4 2021-12-24 7:18am

wowier
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2021-12-24

Reason they started placing the seat tube keyhole forward is for strength. When we sit on the seat our weight is shifted back, this puts a lot of stress on the keyhole and cracks the tube under the keyhole. By turning the tube 180* the keyhole is not under as much stress.

Plus, if you have the frames manufactured seat post clamp, the stamp/logo (In this case "P" for Powerlite) points back so someone behind you can see the logo.

Board footer