You are not logged in.

Who are the BOSTON based riders here????

#26 2008-11-04 2:27pm

Dyno-Mike
Has a 16" Dinky
Bikes: 86

Re: Who are the BOSTON based riders here????

slogun417 wrote:

So when is the ride ?? big_smile . I was thinking of trying to get together a vintage bike swap/Show somewhere maybe a local elks lodge. Just to meet a some locals and search for some parts/bikes. smile

i like that idea walter, get it going smile

#27 2008-11-04 2:36pm

8788dyno
Museum Addict
Bikes: 23

I lived in East Boston for a couple of years. Loved riding downtown, Faneuil Hall,  and the hospital.  The T stations were great for wall rides.

#28 2008-11-04 2:41pm

nybble
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1

Woburn transplant wink

My stash.  Ride on. smile

#29 2008-11-04 3:49pm

guydlow
Pro Member
Bikes: 29
For Sale: 14

yeah pimpfield mass here. yo jay we gotta go apple pickin- you can use em for more than food.

Looking for: Survivor purple/lavender GT mallet (open to blue, green), odyssey fs 2000 calipers (need black and open to anything except white or silver), rx3 levers, anything survivor 80's freestyle

#30 2008-11-04 3:51pm

x50crackerjack
Expert
Bikes: 30

guydlow wrote:

yeah pimpfield mass here. yo jay we gotta go apple pickin- you can use em for more than food.

You sick bas74rd!!!  lol

restore and ride, that's what bikes are for

#31 2008-11-04 4:43pm

84master
Pro MemberThe Banquet Boss
Bikes: 100

I'm not near BOSTON but I see a couple guys close to me in Chicopee, and Longmeadow. I'm in Whately, 20 min north of Springfield. I did spend many weekends in Billerica with my Team Ugly buddies.

Steve

Urban Cycles/Madrone Components

#32 2008-11-04 4:47pm

Dyno-Mike
Has a 16" Dinky
Bikes: 86

guydlow wrote:

?

#33 2008-11-04 5:16pm

chemcopout
BMX Chick
Bikes: 12

downhillmania wrote:

Hey Chemcopout, where and when did you grow up in Worcester? Thats where Im from. Was downtown all the time.

i lived there for the first 18 years of my life! i grew up on suffield st, next to st. marys. i used to ride down town all the time!! there and at vernon hill park. those were my areas cool
i lived on hale st for awhile, but thats when i was real young and went to rice square elementry school.

I stopped begging for help with the bike drive. If you see this and wish to donate parts send me a message. Anything and everything is accepted and appreciated smile

Sell me all your S&M parts!!!
...And go look at my S&M bikes:

#34 2008-11-05 6:47am

downhillmania
Expert
Bikes: 10
Website

chemcopout wrote:

downhillmania wrote:

Hey Chemcopout, where and when did you grow up in Worcester? Thats where Im from. Was downtown all the time.

i lived there for the first 18 years of my life! i grew up on suffield st, next to st. marys. i used to ride down town all the time!! there and at vernon hill park. those were my areas cool
i lived on hale st for awhile, but thats when i was real young and went to rice square elementry school.

Cool. I may have ridden with you BITD. I grew up on Crown St.  and went to Doherty High. I had one of the few 1/4 pipes in Worcester. I rode for Barneys and then Oniels Bikes. Those were the days.

#35 2008-11-05 6:53am

Cruiserific
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

Pretty Decent response so far , thats awesome/// Has anyone ever organized one of these meets in the boston area.... Im down to talk about it .. should we do a ride this season ?.. next season ?..both.. ..Im glad that more than a couple people are game.. SWEET!. love the museum...
also . i liked the idea of the swap meet/bike show thing too..

mikey

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."

- Albert Einstein

#36 2008-11-05 6:59am

chemcopout
BMX Chick

downhillmania wrote:

chemcopout wrote:

downhillmania wrote:

Cool. I may have ridden with you BITD. I grew up on Crown St.  and went to Doherty High. I had one of the few 1/4 pipes in Worcester. I rode for Barneys and then Oniels Bikes. Those were the days.

i almost went to doherty! i bet there is a great chance at one point or another we rode together. do you remember when they build jacob hyatt magnet school downtown? i was riding there all the time!!!! i also used to mess some stuff up ridin around golemos market, back in the day when they were still open before the scandel!

I stopped begging for help with the bike drive. If you see this and wish to donate parts send me a message. Anything and everything is accepted and appreciated smile

#37 2008-11-05 7:21am

downhillmania
Expert
Website

chemcopout wrote:

downhillmania wrote:

chemcopout wrote:

i almost went to doherty! i bet there is a great chance at one point or another we rode together. do you remember when they build jacob hyatt magnet school downtown? i was riding there all the time!!!! i also used to mess some stuff up ridin around golemos market, back in the day when they were still open before the scandel!

Oh yeah I know exactly where that is. Hey I use to hang out on Oread St with Stacy Robinson, do you know him?

#38 2008-11-05 7:23am

downhillmania
Expert
Website

Cruiserific wrote:

Pretty Decent response so far , thats awesome/// Has anyone ever organized one of these meets in the boston area.... Im down to talk about it .. should we do a ride this season ?.. next season ?..both.. ..Im glad that more than a couple people are game.. SWEET!. love the museum...
also . i liked the idea of the swap meet/bike show thing too..

mikey

Im up for both the swap and ride. The weather is gonna get kinda crappy soon so we would need to do it soon or this winter indoors like at the Shreusbury indoor park????

#39 2008-11-05 8:00am

Cruiserific
Museum Addict

never been to the shrewsbury park mania, big ramp? box jums n stuff..? Havent ridden parks for real in years ** haha   ..so you like the swap and the ride .. Im digging the ride .. I know a lot of riders are into the 80s stuff but Im a good sport. i just wouldnt have much to put towards the swap aspect of it ....but im DOWN!!!! 

mikey

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."

- Albert Einstein

#40 2008-11-05 8:05am

downhillmania
Expert
Website

Cruiserific wrote:

never been to the shrewsbury park mania, big ramp? box jums n stuff..? Havent ridden parks for real in years ** haha   ..so you like the swap and the ride .. Im digging the ride .. I know a lot of riders are into the 80s stuff but Im a good sport. i just wouldnt have much to put towards the swap aspect of it ....but im DOWN!!!! 

mikey

I hear you on not much to offer but someone may have some parts I need to buy. Ill do just a ride too. Really its just about hanging and talking old school for me.

Yeah, the Shrewsbury park has all that. I was only there once a few years ago on a slalom mountainbike.  Its the only place I know thats indoors besides Rye, NH which I hear is AWESOME. Anybody else have any ideas?

#41 2008-11-05 8:17am

Masspike
"TNT"
Bikes: 7

My good friend own's that Shrewsbury park, it's a pretty fun park. Norwood here.

#42 2008-11-05 9:05am

Cruiserific
Museum Addict

im down mania... i like where this is goin... haha i just felt i wouldnt have to much to offer the swap but im game... sweet!

really TNT .thats convenient. Your buddy owns it .. NICE..

any ideas anyone......

- Albert Einstein

#43 2008-11-05 11:17am

downhillmania
Expert
Website

Hey TNT, how busy does that place get during the weekends? In your opinion, would it be possible to have an Old School day there?

#44 2008-11-05 4:03pm

halfdozenbuzen
Museum Addict

Outskirts of Worcester seeing nobody knows were my town is anyways......big_smile

Want To Buy     
ORANGE GT TIRES SINGLES OR PAIRS AND ANY OTHER COLORED GT TIRES

#45 2008-11-05 4:10pm

chemcopout
BMX Chick

halfdozen, let me quess.... either leicester, spencer, brookfield, shrewsburry, grafton....am i getting close? cool

#46 2008-11-05 4:11pm

halfdozenbuzen
Museum Addict

Millbury correction Mulberry from what the south thinks I am saying..... Must be that Mass accent

Last edited by halfdozenbuzen (2008-11-05 4:12pm)

Want To Buy     

#47 2008-11-05 4:14pm

chemcopout
BMX Chick

lol yeah, ive never lost my accent. im proud to be a "mass-hole" big_smile

#48 2008-11-05 4:16pm

halfdozenbuzen
Museum Addict

I dont here it lol but they here voices.

Want To Buy     

#49 2008-11-05 4:16pm

chemcopout
BMX Chick

lollollol

#50 2008-11-08 9:22am

mattfate_413
Midschool Matty
Website

I've always lived in western mass.  Currently in Springfield, just bought a house this past spring!!

For fans of melodic punk rock, check out: thestereostate.bandcamp.com - facebook.com/thestereostate

Board footer