You are not logged in.

What is your day job/profession?  RSS Feed

#1 2008-10-26 4:10pm

furious_01
Museum Addict
From: California
Registered: 2008-07-06
Posts: 1362
Bikes: 8
Website

What is your day job/profession?

Always a pretty interesting topic for a hobby that attacts people from all walks of life...

I am a financial analyst for one of the largest aerospace contractors in the world.  Been doing it for the 8 years since I graduated college.  Probably not as exciting and hands-on as some jobs out there, but it pays the bills and I actually find it interesting/enjoy doing it.  Long hours during quarter points, but it's all worth it - well, for the most part, anyway... wink


********************************
“I always fought like a contender, even when I was a champion.” - Marvelous Marvin Hagler
                                           ********************************

Offline

 

#2 2008-10-26 4:21pm

clintr79
Centurion Member
Registered: 2006-10-12
Posts: 114
Bikes: 5

Re: What is your day job/profession?

I am a weld technician at a local large manufacturing facility

Offline

 

#3 2008-10-26 4:32pm

dc1
Pro Member
From: MN
Registered: 2008-08-09
Posts: 2075
Bikes: 2

Re: What is your day job/profession?

I am a commercial sheet metal worker. I install ducts, rooftop units, air handelers, exhaust fans, vents, etc. Basically if its made out of sheet metal I will work with it. Very good job, rarely go over 40 hours a week. cool

Offline

 

#4 2008-10-26 4:34pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21937
Bikes: 7

Re: What is your day job/profession?

Im a material planner for one of the largest oilfield service companies in the world.


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#5 2008-10-26 4:37pm

furious_01
Museum Addict
From: California
Registered: 2008-07-06
Posts: 1362
Bikes: 8
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

clintr79 wrote:

I am a weld technician at a local large manufacturing facility

ever do any "sidejobs" for yourself (aka re-welding BMX)?  i'm sure that's a great perk having this as a hobby, no?


********************************
“I always fought like a contender, even when I was a champion.” - Marvelous Marvin Hagler
                                           ********************************

Offline

 

#6 2008-10-26 4:39pm

furious_01
Museum Addict
From: California
Registered: 2008-07-06
Posts: 1362
Bikes: 8
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

dc1 wrote:

I am a commercial sheet metal worker. I install ducts, rooftop units, air handelers, exhaust fans, vents, etc. Basically if its made out of sheet metal I will work with it. Very good job, rarely go over 40 hours a week. cool

got any cool examples of some experimental fab work you've done?


********************************
“I always fought like a contender, even when I was a champion.” - Marvelous Marvin Hagler
                                           ********************************

Offline

 

#7 2008-10-26 4:40pm

clintr79
Centurion Member
Registered: 2006-10-12
Posts: 114
Bikes: 5

Re: What is your day job/profession?

furious_01 wrote:

clintr79 wrote:

I am a weld technician at a local large manufacturing facility

ever do any "sidejobs" for yourself (aka re-welding BMX)?  i'm sure that's a great perk having this as a hobby, no?

I have not had to fix any i bought but i can and would if i had to.So yes that is good i do some side jobs for faimily and friends here and there.If anyone need and welding done i would do it for them.

Offline

 

#8 2008-10-26 4:40pm

swbruni
BMXer 4 Life
From: Detroit, MI
Registered: 2008-08-10
Posts: 4203
Bikes: 12

Re: What is your day job/profession?

I am A clay sculptor for GM design...


hava a great day....

(.)(.)
  ).( 
( y )

Offline

 

#9 2008-10-26 4:48pm

halsencrew
Pro Member
From: Warrenton, OR
Registered: 2007-09-03
Posts: 8262
Bikes: 29

Re: What is your day job/profession?

Jesus all these crazy jobs prolly make good money Me Im just an assistant manager at a small restaraunt but it pays the bills just doesnt leave me much after them LOL


Im loving the neon ,flourescent colors on these newschool bikes and Its makin me like the newschool rides more

Offline

 

#10 2008-10-26 4:49pm

furious_01
Museum Addict
From: California
Registered: 2008-07-06
Posts: 1362
Bikes: 8
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

swbruni wrote:

I am A clay sculptor for GM design...

That has to be a dream job, right there for anyone that has the talent.  Awesome for you.  What kind of education/experience is typically required for a position like that?  I know there is alot of competition out there for that field, let alone doing clay sculpting for GM!!!  Any of your projects going to be showcased on the dealership floor soon? cool


********************************
“I always fought like a contender, even when I was a champion.” - Marvelous Marvin Hagler
                                           ********************************

Offline

 

#11 2008-10-26 4:50pm

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
From: North of Reality
Registered: 2007-09-23
Posts: 11632
Bikes: 19

Re: What is your day job/profession?

I'm a welder.  I own and operate an ornamental gate fabrication company.


My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

Offline

 

#12 2008-10-26 5:00pm

tmac
Expert
From: Freeport, ME
Registered: 2007-09-15
Posts: 928
Bikes: 16

Re: What is your day job/profession?

VP of Marketing for a Cost and Project Management firm.

Offline

 

#13 2008-10-26 5:42pm

Deacon
"big balls in cow town"
From: Canada
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 4204

Re: What is your day job/profession?

What a great networking thread.

I am a manager for a Fortune 200 company.  Anyone here in the HR business?

Last edited by Deacon (2008-10-26 6:21pm)


Hi ten steel 4 life!

Offline

 

#14 2008-10-26 6:07pm

dc1
Pro Member
From: MN
Registered: 2008-08-09
Posts: 2075
Bikes: 2

Re: What is your day job/profession?

furious_01 wrote:

dc1 wrote:

I am a commercial sheet metal worker. I install ducts, rooftop units, air handelers, exhaust fans, vents, etc. Basically if its made out of sheet metal I will work with it. Very good job, rarely go over 40 hours a week. cool

got any cool examples of some experimental fab work you've done?

Nothing experimental, but I have made ductwork and fittings big enough to stand and walk around in. Lots of custom work too, every job is different and brings new challenges. cool

Offline

 

#15 2008-10-26 6:15pm

jf0501
Expert
From: Renton, WA
Registered: 2008-08-23
Posts: 659
Bikes: 8

Re: What is your day job/profession?

I'm a Network Administrator for a medium sized Leasing company/Bank.


I am willing to trade for the following: Star Trek Next Generation figures, DVD, etc. and Bionicles.

Offline

 

#16 2008-10-26 6:16pm

relic
Museum Addict
From: The Wood, CA
Registered: 2008-06-11
Posts: 2105
Bikes: 4

Re: What is your day job/profession?

Project Manager for a property management company, I oversee a crew of guys and approve or deny contractors bids.

Offline

 

#17 2008-10-26 6:19pm

Philtor210
Expert
From: San Antonio, TX
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 947
Bikes: 6

Re: What is your day job/profession?

I'm a full time college student and I work full time doing Loss Prevention at a local Ross Dress For Less... I have to whip out my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu moves when losers try to steal!!


Looking for these decals: Berringer bar, any S&M shield decals you have.

Looking for these parts, PM me if you have: Pivitol seat, purple rims, Ti 48 spline spindle, any Ti parts.

Offline

 

#18 2008-10-26 6:57pm

saylor
Museum Addict
From: Garland, TX
Registered: 2006-11-12
Posts: 2606
Bikes: 26
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

< - -computer geek

fixing the world, one computer at a time


saylor wrote:
damn bunch of end users. why do we even bother. so you can get email ?

ffs.

Offline

 

#19 2008-10-26 7:09pm

furious_01
Museum Addict
From: California
Registered: 2008-07-06
Posts: 1362
Bikes: 8
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

Philtor210 wrote:

I'm a full time college student and I work full time doing Loss Prevention at a local Ross Dress For Less... I have to whip out my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu moves when losers try to steal!!

Sweet.  What's your major / college?  Speaking of BJJ, do you know the name Lateef Crowder?  Pretty big name in the BJJ world...

Oh, and the Spider (A. Silva) is a BAAAAAD man...


********************************
“I always fought like a contender, even when I was a champion.” - Marvelous Marvin Hagler
                                           ********************************

Offline

 

#20 2008-10-26 7:14pm

Philtor210
Expert
From: San Antonio, TX
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 947
Bikes: 6

Re: What is your day job/profession?

furious_01 wrote:

Philtor210 wrote:

I'm a full time college student and I work full time doing Loss Prevention at a local Ross Dress For Less... I have to whip out my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu moves when losers try to steal!!

Sweet.  What's your major / college?  Speaking of BJJ, do you know the name Lateef Crowder?  Pretty big name in the BJJ world...

Oh, and the Spider (A. Silva) is a BAAAAAD man...

My major is Environmental Science, and I plan to get a major in Marine Biology. I'm a Sophomore right now. (19y/o)
I saw the Silva fight last night... lame. sad
Don't know Lateef Crowder.

Last edited by Philtor210 (2008-10-26 7:15pm)


Looking for these decals: Berringer bar, any S&M shield decals you have.

Looking for these parts, PM me if you have: Pivitol seat, purple rims, Ti 48 spline spindle, any Ti parts.

Offline

 

#21 2008-10-26 7:17pm

furious_01
Museum Addict
From: California
Registered: 2008-07-06
Posts: 1362
Bikes: 8
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

Philtor210 wrote:

furious_01 wrote:

Philtor210 wrote:

I'm a full time college student and I work full time doing Loss Prevention at a local Ross Dress For Less... I have to whip out my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu moves when losers try to steal!!

Sweet.  What's your major / college?  Speaking of BJJ, do you know the name Lateef Crowder?  Pretty big name in the BJJ world...

Oh, and the Spider (A. Silva) is a BAAAAAD man...

My major is Environmental Science, and I plan to get a major in Marine Biology. I'm a Sophomore right now. (19y/o)
I saw the Silva fight last night... lame. sad
Don't know Lateef Crowder.

Yup - lame bout.  I didn't see it (wife was tired, so I stayed home) w/ the boys, but I heard Silva was throwing all kinds of stuff out there... and he had it way before Cote blew the ACL.  I'm anxiously awaiting the Penn / GSP fight!!!


********************************
“I always fought like a contender, even when I was a champion.” - Marvelous Marvin Hagler
                                           ********************************

Offline

 

#22 2008-10-26 7:22pm

Philtor210
Expert
From: San Antonio, TX
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 947
Bikes: 6

Re: What is your day job/profession?

furious_01 wrote:

Philtor210 wrote:

furious_01 wrote:


Sweet.  What's your major / college?  Speaking of BJJ, do you know the name Lateef Crowder?  Pretty big name in the BJJ world...

Oh, and the Spider (A. Silva) is a BAAAAAD man...

My major is Environmental Science, and I plan to get a major in Marine Biology. I'm a Sophomore right now. (19y/o)
I saw the Silva fight last night... lame. sad
Don't know Lateef Crowder.

Yup - lame bout.  I didn't see it (wife was tired, so I stayed home) w/ the boys, but I heard Silva was throwing all kinds of stuff out there... and he had it way before Cote blew the ACL.  I'm anxiously awaiting the Penn / GSP fight!!!

Yep... I watch the fights on justin.tv, they stream them live on that site. I can't wait for Penn/GSP either!


Looking for these decals: Berringer bar, any S&M shield decals you have.

Looking for these parts, PM me if you have: Pivitol seat, purple rims, Ti 48 spline spindle, any Ti parts.

Offline

 

#23 2008-10-26 7:27pm

pjcruiser
Pro Member
From: Bend, OR
Registered: 2005-07-31
Posts: 4975
Bikes: 12
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

police sergeant for a small department.  second in command to the chief.


"HOME OF THE FREE... BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!"

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Offline

 

#24 2008-10-26 7:40pm

Deacon
"big balls in cow town"
From: Canada
Registered: 2008-08-31
Posts: 4204

Re: What is your day job/profession?

pjcruiser wrote:

police sergeant for a small department.  second in command to the chief.

Girlfriend is from a legacy of law enforcement.  Thank you for all that you do PJ!  Your work is appreciated and valuable.  On a side note..Ever met Todd over at Sports Vision Bend?


Hi ten steel 4 life!

Offline

 

#25 2008-10-26 7:42pm

furious_01
Museum Addict
From: California
Registered: 2008-07-06
Posts: 1362
Bikes: 8
Website

Re: What is your day job/profession?

pjcruiser wrote:

police sergeant for a small department.  second in command to the chief.

How long until the 90%+ retirement pension? Isn't it 3% for every year of service or something crazy like that? Not to say it isn't well earned/deserved, but that is one sweet deal.

Last edited by furious_01 (2008-10-26 7:43pm)


********************************
“I always fought like a contender, even when I was a champion.” - Marvelous Marvin Hagler
                                           ********************************

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →