Tioga to Discontinue (All Black Sidewall) Comp III tires

#26 2021-03-02 11:17am

buddhashenglong
Pro Member"torque monster"
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 1

Re: Tioga to Discontinue (All Black Sidewall) Comp III tires

Price gouging in 3, 2, 1...

Check out the Eclipse Show on KGNU.org Sunday 7pm MST Old School New School True School hip hop
88.5 fm boulder 1390 am denver CO
Podcast available at afterfm.com/eclipse

#27 2021-03-02 11:33am

stin1
Pro Member

Discontinued tioga comp 3 . Nos when mounted. Only ridden 30-40 miles. I will include new bell tubes for extra $ . https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/210940/8819368c-2e4b-4918-9e1d-bf5773482c8f603e9288a8.jpeg
300 for the pair , $320 with the bell tubes (nos from two months ago). I know what I have no low ballers !

Last edited by stin1 (2021-03-02 11:33am)

#28 2021-03-02 12:11pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF

stin1 wrote:

Discontinued tioga comp 3 . Nos when mounted. Only ridden 30-40 miles. I will include new bell tubes for extra $ . https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 288a8.jpeg
300 for the pair , $320 with the bell tubes (nos from two months ago). I know what I have no low ballers !

lol

Trust No One

#29 2021-03-02 12:59pm

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 24

Newer England wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

"For racing, have you tried our Powerblock or FASTR series tires? "

These tires they mention are great if you are on a hard packed track with asphalt berms but ya, if you are on a looser dirt track, the smooth tires are like riding on ice.

The PowerBlock tires are great all-round tires. On looser dirt, they get a bit squirrelly, so there are better choices.

Since almost all of my riding is on pavement, I'll likely buy a set this year.  On pavement, comp treads are only good for getting worn out.

Last edited by perront (2021-03-02 1:00pm)

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#30 2021-03-02 2:39pm

Brian Hays
Pro Member
Bikes: 36

Ya I love my Powerblocks on my Chase and the fastr's on the DK as well as my two bikes with Vee smooth tires on our local track as it is always well groomed and has asphalt berms but my Maxxis Holy Rollers do better in loose(r) dirt.

Last edited by BRIAN HAYS (2021-03-02 2:39pm)

Proudly racing for Ace Bike Shop in Springfield IL.
http://acebicycleshop.com

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, Navajo, Nomura, GHP and Prodyne OLD SCHOOL!!!LOVE CHASE BMX, GHP, SUPERCROSS and SE new school race bikes as well!!

#31 2021-03-02 7:29pm

dcoors30
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

Lot of tracks up here in MA/Northeast have a dirt/paved corners mix.  We have some soil tac tracks as well.

The traction from Comp III's vs Powerblocks on the dirt tracks(tightly packed or not) is night and day IMO.  Couldn't believe the difference when I made the switch a few years ago.  Like I've said before if Comp III's are good enough for the Legendary Mike Savage to still race on then they are good enough for me. HA!

Now I'll give you the Powerblocks are/might be better on the soil tac tracks but still see riders sliding out and have experienced it myself on the Powerblocks.  Have no issue riding the Comp III's on the soil tac tracks but I get why riders might want the "less rolling resistance" tires on them.

If I could get a dollar for every time another racer has said to me "wish I had those Comp III's on today." Hear that when the track is a bit wet/starting to rain or even the amount of dirt on said track. 

No doubt the majority of racers are using the Powerblocks/Powerblock type tires but there are racers still using Comp III's not too mention everyday riders.

As far as sales go they are sold out(seen them sold out many times before) everywhere and considering how long they have been around someone is still buying them. 

Back to the original posting, if anyone decides to email Tioga - info@tiogausa.com - about the discontinuing of the Black Sidewall Comp III tires please post Tioga's response.

"Get back to what it is that drives you.." - Buckcherry

Proud Teamster!

2016 Eastern Regional Gold Cup Champion, #1 Ranking   41-45 Novice Class

Current: 46-50 Intermediate Class

#32 2021-03-03 2:16am

badbill
Born Ruthless
Bikes: 6
Website

BLACKWALL TIRES MATTER!! madmadmad

#33 2021-03-03 2:25am

oldskoolkel
Pro Member

badbill wrote:

BLACKWALL TIRES MATTER!! madmadmad

Apparently, not so much.....tongue

1983 Porsche 911 SC, 1978 Ford Capri 3.0 Xpack
2011 26" OM Flyer, 2010 metal wrap retro loop tail PK, 2000 aluminium Mongoose SGX 24"

ROM Boys....40 years of RAD.

Yep, back to thread killer.....invisible.

#34 2021-03-03 6:58pm

deftones
Expert

WalkerInTN wrote:

Back when I bought these they didn't even offer a skinwall.  I'll change them out for skinwalls eventually.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … e10537.jpg

with the large toga lettering they are still the og comp three molds

#35 2021-03-03 7:00pm

deftones
Expert

Gylles Smyth wrote:

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Kenda still makes blackwall Comp 3's.

QUOTE:
"For racing, have you tried our Powerblock or FASTR series tires? "

These tires they mention are great if you are on a hard packed track with asphalt berms but ya, if you are on a looser dirt track, the smooth tires are like riding on ice.

My local track, no SoilTac or paving in sight after the starting hill.  Running a Vee Speedster in the back, Kenda K-RAD up front.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 76cb43.jpg

thats my home track

#36 2021-03-03 7:17pm

racerbvd
Pro MemberThe Catman
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 10

dcoors30 wrote:

Lot of tracks up here in MA/Northeast have a dirt/paved corners mix.  We have some soil tac tracks as well.

The traction from Comp III's vs Powerblocks on the dirt tracks(tightly packed or not) is night and day IMO.  Couldn't believe the difference when I made the switch a few years ago.  Like I've said before if Comp III's are good enough for the Legendary Mike Savage to still race on then they are good enough for me. HA!

Now I'll give you the Powerblocks are/might be better on the soil tac tracks but still see riders sliding out and have experienced it myself on the Powerblocks.  Have no issue riding the Comp III's on the soil tac tracks but I get why riders might want the "less rolling resistance" tires on them.

If I could get a dollar for every time another racer has said to me "wish I had those Comp III's on today." Hear that when the track is a bit wet/starting to rain or even the amount of dirt on said track. 

No doubt the majority of racers are using the Powerblocks/Powerblock type tires but there are racers still using Comp III's not too mention everyday riders.

As far as sales go they are sold out(seen them sold out many times before) everywhere and considering how long they have been around someone is still buying them. 

Back to the original posting, if anyone decides to email Tioga - info@tiogausa.com - about the discontinuing of the Black Sidewall Comp III tires please post Tioga's response.

Our local tracks are soil tac crap too, but the trails I ride are real dirt.

Byron  30+ year PCA member
Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

Board footer