You are not logged in.

What are your plans for your re-issue RLII's? Build discussions ONLY!

#1 2021-01-24 8:09am

detroitjohnny
Pro MemberMinivan McCormick
Signed up: 2008-09-19
For Sale: 1

What are your plans for your re-issue RLII's? Build discussions ONLY!

Hey all,

A few of us that have ordered the re-issue RLII's have been having separate conversations about what our build thought, ideas and plans are.  We thought it would be cool to have a thread where that was ONLY positive and constructive discussion of these releases.

If you want to join the general discussion/car crash/trash talk group, go here: 

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=840365

Otherwise, let's talk about what we are thinking for parts, rider/wall hanger, maybe you aren't even going to build it?   If that's the case, how are you going to display?

I'm planning on a fairly traditional build for my Radberry, but probably using the Haro vintage 48's.  I'd like to be able to ride it gently and have decent brakes without worrying about ruining some OG chrome Peregrines.

Other than that, I haven't settled on much, other than I hate Elina Flyte Tech seats.  Just not comfortable for me.  So it will have to be an Aero or Shotgun II of some type.

Come on guys!  Jeff, Paul, who else wants to join this PRODUCTIVE discussion?  I know there's a bunch out there.  big_smile

WANTED: 1989 GT Pro Freestyle Tour.

I love pretzels and drain pipes.

#2 2021-01-24 9:50am

Rebelguy
Pro Member
Signed up: 2019-09-23
For Sale: 3

Re: What are your plans for your re-issue RLII's? Build discussions ONLY!

Thanks for starting this. Hopefully we can keep the discussion focused.

As for me...

Peregrine Super Pro Hub/Haro Lineage 48 Rim built wheels.
Kashimax Aero Seat (Repop)
Nippon 883 Brakes
Redline 401s with Bubble Font Chainwheel and Repop Techmatic

Still debating on...

Stem (Leaning JBD Hutch Western H)
Grips
Tires (Have a set of IRC Freestyle Pro that might work)
Seat Post & Clamp

This all may change though. Haha.

Wish we had some updates on the project.

#3 2021-01-24 10:05am

detroitjohnny
Pro MemberMinivan McCormick
Signed up: 2008-09-19

I did hear somethings about there possibly being additional parts that might be suitable for these bikes also being released.  Nothing cryptic here, that truly is the extent of my knowledge.  Now in my brain I can pray for forklifters and single pinch cranks.  big_smile   But for all I know it might be barrel adjusters or axle washers.  lol

WANTED: 1989 GT Pro Freestyle Tour.

I love pretzels and drain pipes.

#4 2021-01-24 8:35pm

slick4772
Pro Member
Signed up: 2017-05-12
Bikes: 3

A Forklifter stem would be clutch.

#5 2021-01-24 8:36pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Post Restriction
Signed up: 2007-06-28
Bikes: 87
Website

detroitjohnny wrote:

Hey all,

A few of us that have ordered the re-issue RLII's have been having separate conversations about what our build thought, ideas and plans are.  We thought it would be cool to have a thread where that was ONLY positive and constructive discussion of these releases.

Otherwise, let's talk about what we are thinking for parts, rider/wall hanger, maybe you aren't even going to build it?   If that's the case, how are you going to display?

I'm planning on a fairly traditional build for my Radberry, but probably using the Haro vintage 48's.  I'd like to be able to ride it gently and have decent brakes without worrying about ruining some OG chrome Peregrines.

Other than that, I haven't settled on much, other than I hate Elina Flyte Tech seats.  Just not comfortable for me.  So it will have to be an Aero or Shotgun II of some type.

Come on guys!  Jeff, Paul, who else wants to join this PRODUCTIVE discussion?  I know there's a bunch out there.  big_smile

hope you all get what you payed for. now lets read them build plans.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#6 2021-01-24 8:43pm

spyker
Chup@c@br@
Signed up: 2009-11-19

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

detroitjohnny wrote:

Hey all,

hope you all get what you payed for. now lets read them build plans.

I'm sure Linn is relaxing under a hot Mexican sun on the beach,drinking margaritas and counting the cash.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#7 2021-01-24 9:03pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberTR@P GOD$
Signed up: 2008-11-10
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 21

Rebelguy wrote:

Thanks for starting this. Hopefully we can keep the discussion focused.

As for me...

Peregrine Super Pro Hub/Haro Lineage 48 Rim built wheels.
Kashimax Aero Seat (Repop)
Nippon 883 Brakes
Redline 401s with Bubble Font Chainwheel and Repop Techmatic

Still debating on...

Stem (Leaning JBD Hutch Western H)
Grips
Tires (Have a set of IRC Freestyle Pro that might work)
Seat Post & Clamp

This all may change though. Haha.

Wish we had some updates on the project.

that's cool great list of parts! big_smile

and yes...........up-dates would give buyers hope..... smile

Last edited by Dirty Habits (2021-01-24 9:03pm)

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#8 2021-01-25 1:37am

quick2
Pro MemberPaul thinks he's Schwinning but I already Schwonn
Signed up: 2010-02-21
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 10

YES!  Thank you for starting this thread!  all the whining, trash talk, slander etc can stay in the other thread.
at the moment, my thoughts are that since it's a replica, I will try to use as many og parts as possible, but I'm totally fine with refinished parts for this build.
the bummer about building a "new" frameset, is that it makes it tough to use rider condition parts.  but if it's done right it would still look good.
mine will be loosely based on the RAD! bike.  I'd love to find a chrome trp post or replica.
I have a concern for which version of the bars they make, because I know that I've had forklifter bars that would not fit a slant stem before.  and I would prefer to NOT use a forklifter stem.  but maybe the narrower bars I had were just a fluke?  has anyone else had that experience?

Last edited by quick2 (2021-01-27 5:40am)

Remember....if everyone came to a bike show without a bike, it would just be a bunch of dudes standing around in a park...and that's just creepy!  If you've got one, bring one.  -Me
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now..  -Master Shifu
*Looking for 2016 Lineage Haro Sport [img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/39961/lineagesportsmall5fc00b1478.jpg[/img]

#9 2021-01-26 2:05pm

Rayxer
Pro Member
Signed up: 2020-05-20
Bikes: 1

Thanks for starting this. 

My parts so far for a California Red:

-  ACS 55 slant stem
-  Peregrine Master Mags
-  Peregrine seat clamp
-  Reissued Redline cranks (white)
-  Reissued Dia-compe 883
-  Reissued Dia-compe Tech 5 locking
-  Kenda K55 skinwall
-  AME grips
-  Tange headset

Been searching for a white Elina Flyte-Tech seat but with no luck.  The closest I got to the "shape" is a reissued Kashimax MX.  Any options you guys may recommend?

Last edited by Rayxer (2021-01-26 4:15pm)

#10 2021-01-26 2:32pm

RDub2
Pro Member
Signed up: 2017-10-14

I have an ACS 55 stem set aside for my build.  I'm thinking that 55 stems and pro rotors did not become available until 87.  Is that correct?  (It does not really matter to me one way or the other, I was just wondering...)

I suck at dirt jumping.

#11 2021-01-26 11:47pm

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
Signed up: 2013-10-06
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 2

Rayxer wrote:

-  ACS 55 slant stem
-  Peregrine Master Mags
-  Peregrine seat clamp
-  Kenda K55 skinwall
-  AME grips
-  Tange headset

Been searching for a white Elina Flyte-Tech seat but with no luck.  The closest I got to the "shape" is a reissued Kashimax MX.  Any options you guys may recommend?

Peregrine version work?
https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/427235

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
----------------------------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------------------------
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#12 2021-01-27 5:45am

quick2

RDub2 wrote:

I have an ACS 55 stem set aside for my build.  I'm thinking that 55 stems and pro rotors did not become available until 87.  Is that correct?  (It does not really matter to me one way or the other, I was just wondering...)

I "think" 1986, but would have to check some magazines to confirm that.  but like you, I'm not super worried about it.  I've got a slant stem and a tuf neck set aside, but I would prefer a purple pro neck (or tuf neck).  I might paint my tuf neck the color I want it and be done with it. I'm just hoping the bars will accommodate a wider stem like an acs or tuf/pro neck

Remember....if everyone came to a bike show without a bike, it would just be a bunch of dudes standing around in a park...and that's just creepy!  If you've got one, bring one.  -Me
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now..  -Master Shifu
*Looking for 2016 Lineage Haro Sport [img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/39961/lineagesportsmall5fc00b1478.jpg[/img]

#13 2021-01-27 5:46am

quick2

fairlyodddad wrote:

Rayxer wrote:

-  ACS 55 slant stem
-  Peregrine Master Mags
-  Peregrine seat clamp
-  Kenda K55 skinwall
-  AME grips
-  Tange headset

Peregrine version work?

I wish those peregrine seats were a little smaller.  they look similar to a flyte tech, but they are like an oversized version.

#14 2021-01-27 6:40am

one piece crank
Pro Member
Signed up: 2017-08-23

quick2 wrote:

...and I would prefer to NOT use a forklifter stem.  but maybe the narrower bars I had were just a fluke?  has anyone else had that experience?

I've got several of my '84-'85 original Forklifter bars, and I never had any issue with stem width. I would think these new repro bars will follow the original freestyle bar design, and you should be good to go with stem choice.

My original RL20II has the SR Spin-Tech stem, which I believe was similar in width to the ACS. I also have a painted Pro-Neck on my RL20.

Last edited by one piece crank (2021-01-27 6:40am)

#15 2021-01-27 6:57am

redlinerl20
Pro Member
Signed up: 2007-04-18
Bikes: 33
For Sale: 34

for me:
1. Haro Lineage 48s
2. GT tires Balck 1.75  re pop
3. Dominator seat/ Black  re pop
4. 175mm Redine Flights repop
5.  43T Redline  repop
6.  Amee Tri  re pop/ NO flange
7.  Tech 5  re pop
6.  Redline forklifter Bars  re pop & Plate
8.  Nippons  re pop / Odyssey pads / Dia compe Cables
9.  Redline Forklifter or Haro stem 
10   Dia Compe Hinge repop
11.  Izum chain/ Chrome
12.  MKS 9/16 pedals  re pop
13   GT seat post   OG
14.  Suntour Freewheel  Black
15 .  1"  repop headset    chrome / Black?

Last edited by redlinerl20 (2021-01-27 7:19am)

If I try to Qualify for Hell Track ....will you be there.......

#16 2021-01-27 7:43am

quick2

one piece crank wrote:

quick2 wrote:

...and I would prefer to NOT use a forklifter stem.  but maybe the narrower bars I had were just a fluke?  has anyone else had that experience?

I've got several of my '84-'85 original Forklifter bars, and I never had any issue with stem width. I would think these new repro bars will follow the original freestyle bar design, and you should be good to go with stem choice.

My original RL20II has the SR Spin-Tech stem, which I believe was similar in width to the ACS. I also have a painted Pro-Neck on my RL20.

I've got 6 or 7 sets of freestyle forklifters and I think only one set has the issue.  I'll see if I can find them and show what I'm talking about.  I'm sure it will be fine

#17 2021-01-27 8:34am

Rebelguy
Pro Member

More info is popping up on the “Redline RL20II Page” Group on Facebook. Things are definitely moving along.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/265508/ab609264-5b05-45a6-856f-485c27f1293d601195bb72.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/265508/15dc01ae-315a-4ffd-96b3-0d6ab6930f61601195cbd9.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/265508/4bf93271-2be4-412a-90b4-8d20a0673c92601195d44a.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/265508/00d05ad4-46f3-4074-b212-9306ea6f450c601195dce5.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/265508/1f3952bc-6d7c-4576-bbc8-f4ff2654a50f601195e7e2.jpeg

And some surprises popped up.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/265508/d5a14c32-2745-429e-8f86-5da184bdd6bd601196129f.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/265508/385d46c3-c428-4855-b15d-45b3f3d543e5601196209b.jpeg

#18 2021-01-27 9:23am

andycapp
Old Man Punk
Signed up: 2010-09-02
Bikes: 15

"When the going gets tough, let the tough get going." - Frank Leahy

"If there's no time to do it right the first time, how will there be time to fix it when you f*** it up?" - William Leahy

"What I should have said, was nothing." - Mike Birbiglia

#19 2021-01-27 9:53am

fairlyodddad
Pro MemberFLAWLESS VICTORY FATALITY
Signed up: 2013-10-06
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 2

quick2 wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

Rayxer wrote:

-  ACS 55 slant stem
-  Peregrine Master Mags
-  Peregrine seat clamp
-  Kenda K55 skinwall
-  AME grips
-  Tange headset

Peregrine version work?

I wish those peregrine seats were a little smaller.  they look similar to a flyte tech, but they are like an oversized version.

Yeah, made by same company but seem to have slight differences. I've never had a flytetech so hard to say for sure.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”  -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Looking for a 1990 Bully BashGuard with SN RX8908567 Olive color stolen from me back in 1991
“People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” -Johnny Depp

#20 2021-01-27 10:00am

Rebelguy
Pro Member

fairlyodddad wrote:

Rayxer wrote:

-  ACS 55 slant stem
-  Peregrine Master Mags
-  Peregrine seat clamp
-  Kenda K55 skinwall
-  AME grips
-  Tange headset

Peregrine version work?

Great looking seat but uncomfortable as hell.

#21 2021-01-27 11:16am

Rayxer
Pro Member
Signed up: 2020-05-20

Rebelguy wrote:

fairlyodddad wrote:

Rayxer wrote:

-  ACS 55 slant stem
-  Peregrine Master Mags
-  Peregrine seat clamp
-  Kenda K55 skinwall
-  AME grips
-  Tange headset

Peregrine version work?

Great looking seat but uncomfortable as hell.

Yes, thanks for the lead fairlyodddad.  Those Peregrines would definitely work but have not seen it in person to do a comparison.  I may just see if a Flyte-Tech pops up.

#22 2021-01-27 12:21pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberTR@P GOD$
Signed up: 2008-11-10
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 21

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

#23 2021-01-27 1:17pm

Rebelguy
Pro Member

#24 2021-01-27 1:21pm

slack
Pro Member
Signed up: 2019-08-02
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 23

is there a link for the facespace page?

you must die! I alone am best

#25 2021-01-27 1:40pm

Rebelguy
Pro Member

slack wrote:

is there a link for the facespace page?

That would help. Doh!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3509807 … ?ref=share

Board footer