YOUR Survivor

#51 2021-05-03 3:06pm

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE
Pro MemberSE RACING
Bikes: 70
For Sale: 1

Re: YOUR Survivor

domwon650 wrote:

Thats a insane find if it was all together like that. Sweet bike!

Yep with the sticky Oakley's to boot checkered pads and XC pedals Comp II tires that are used hard. I bought it from an old road bike guy no love for bmx and 15 minutes from my house. I wish I had photos of what I all pulled from him one of the biggest scores I have ever seen or heard of and all survivors that sat for ever in this huge building. Just crazy right place right time and rummage sale prices unreal......

Se Racing

#52 2021-05-03 3:12pm

domwon650
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE wrote:

domwon650 wrote:

Yep with the sticky Oakley's to boot checkered pads and XC pedals Comp II tires that are used hard. I bought it from an old road bike guy no love for bmx and 15 minutes from my house. I wish I had photos of what I all pulled from him one of the biggest scores I have ever seen or heard of and all survivors that sat for ever in this huge building. Just crazy right place right time and rummage sale prices unreal......

It doesn’t get much better than that. Luckily he isn’t a member and doesn’t know what things cost now. Awesome.

#53 2021-05-03 3:33pm

80sbikedude
AdminBugs Bunny Bmx'er
Bikes: 68
Website

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE wrote:

domwon650 wrote:

Insane and very nice cool

ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

#54 2021-05-03 3:43pm

Monster-Robot
Pro Member

BDUBinVegas wrote:

Kinda breaking the rules here since it’s not BMX, but it’s my survivor with a kinda cool story.

A while back a similar bike posted to the local OfferUp. It was the same bike my dad had when I was kid. I hadn’t spoken to my dad in years, so I sent him a message saying something to the effect of it being the same bike he had when I was a kid. He responded and informed me he still owned the bike, but hadn’t ridden it since “the crash”. I remember the crash even though it happened back when I was in middle school. He and the bike were in pretty bad shape. Anyway, he sent me the bike, and I built it back to factory specs except for the wheelset which although not factory was era correct.

I remember when my dad test rode this bike. He picked it up at Dale’s Bike Shop in Oberlin, OH. On the test ride a driver pushed my old man off the road. He hit a telephone pole and broke his collarbone. Going in and out of consciousness he laid in the ditch clutching the bike afraid that someone would take it while he was blacked out.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5601eb.png

Great story, cool bike and nice photo!

#55 2021-05-03 6:14pm

Undercover
Pro MemberHot to Death
Bikes: 9

One of my favorites, quite possibly my favorite on the museum! And I even met the original owner one time!

#56 2021-05-03 10:38pm

DMoney2020
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

OLDSCHOOLJUNKIE wrote:

Wrong area,,Local Survivor find just needed a bath...$75.00 it is my bike but not my original owned survivor wrong section but wanted to share....

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 541fea.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 541d6e.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 541de6.jpg

Someone really took care of that bitd.  I love the old school mod to the grip for the brake lever to work.

51N+ class

#57 2021-05-03 10:39pm

DMoney2020
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

Monster-Robot wrote:

BDUBinVegas wrote:

Kinda breaking the rules here since it’s not BMX, but it’s my survivor with a kinda cool story.

A while back a similar bike posted to the local OfferUp. It was the same bike my dad had when I was kid. I hadn’t spoken to my dad in years, so I sent him a message saying something to the effect of it being the same bike he had when I was a kid. He responded and informed me he still owned the bike, but hadn’t ridden it since “the crash”. I remember the crash even though it happened back when I was in middle school. He and the bike were in pretty bad shape. Anyway, he sent me the bike, and I built it back to factory specs except for the wheelset which although not factory was era correct.

I remember when my dad test rode this bike. He picked it up at Dale’s Bike Shop in Oberlin, OH. On the test ride a driver pushed my old man off the road. He hit a telephone pole and broke his collarbone. Going in and out of consciousness he laid in the ditch clutching the bike afraid that someone would take it while he was blacked out.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 5601eb.png

Great story, cool bike and nice photo!

+1.  cool

51N+ class

Board footer