#1 2020-08-22 12:50pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Bikes: 41
Website

2021 BMXMuseum Calendar Buildoff

Here Are The Rules:

Starting August 22nd

•  Each Member of the Museum can submit up to 4 Bikes into the Buildoff...As long as you are a BMXMuseum Member before September of 2020 you can participate...

•  The entry threads will close on September 13th 2020 at Midnight Completed Builds can be submitted any time after October 4th 2020 when the completed thread opens...

The deadline to submit a complete will be October 18th 2020

We will do our best to get the voting threads open as soon as possible after the entry threads are closed starting around October 18th 2020

Once they are opened, there will be a 14 day window to vote...

Since this date may shift depending upon how quickly we get the voting threads live, I will adjust the dates accordingly...

Voting Threads Opened On October 18th & Will Remain Open Until 9:00PM (EST) On Halloween October 31st 2020

•  Final Pics, Use the very best pictures you can take as they will be used in the annual calendar if you finish in the Top 2 in your Class...Once you have entered your bike, you need to post a pic to the entry in the Final Submission thread once it's live...

Side Note:

If you’re a non-Pro Member & need Help with pics...send me a email of the pics with your Username...

hobbes1278@gmail.com

•  All bikes must be BMX...Restored, Polished, Spray bombed, Re-Chromed, NOS, Survivor, whatever you want to enter is fine...

•  Scooters are allowed in the Budget Build Class if anyone has one, but let me be very clear here that it's BMX style scooters...That is GT Zoot Scoots, CW Nopeds, Mongoose Miniscoots, that type of thing...No Razor scooters will be allowed or anything else that doesn't have BMX heritage if you catch my drift...If there are any Q&A on this, feel free to send a PM...

•  All members of the BMXMuseum will be able to vote as long as you registered before October 2020...You can vote for your own bike...You will vote for your favorite bike in each class(6 choices total)in the voting thread...Most votes gets first place, second most gets second place...If there are any ties the Staff will be the tie breaking votes...

•  Here are the links to the different classes...Please enter your bike in the correct place...Survivors/OG & Restored bikes will compete with each other in their respective class...

•. Vote Who Gets The Top 2 of Each Category 2 Be In The Calendar:

OS 1970’s-1993
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=837320

MS 1994-2007
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=837314

NS 2008-2021
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=837316

Freestyle
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=837308

Cruiser
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=837319

Budget Build
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=837321

Art Work
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=836726

Explanation of Completed Bikes

We are looking for very nice, quality pictures...Please do Not submit fuzzy/shaky, blurry photos, etc...The better the photo, the higher the chances of getting votes will be...This isn't a contest of who built the best bike & leaned it against a lawn chair in their back yard & took a picture with their flip phone...Any bike that has already been built/survivor/etc...submitted in the Museum. Any year, Race, Freestyle, any size...Basically any bike that is allowed on the Museum is good to go as long as it has never been entered into a prior Buildoff...If it is already in the Museum, please use new pictures for the Buildoff...

Use This Thread 4 All Your Progress/Banter/Bragging/Comments

FAQ

Q:  Can I submit a bike that's already in the Museum?
A:  Yes you can with the following requirements (1) Take Fresh & Clean pictures... (2) Post these new pictures in the submission thread when they are posted... (3) Do Not post a bike that has already been in a build off...This is hard to police but be honest please but I'm also hoping everyone will report ones they've seen in buildoffs before just to keep it fair...

Q:  Does my bike need to look different than the way it is submitted in the Museum?
A:  No, although see the prior Q&A...The pictures needs to be Fresh & Clean...

Q:  If my bike is almost completed already, does it need to go in the ”Budget Build” Class?
A:  No, if your bike is still in the build phase, you can & should enter it into one of the 6 build classes...
(OS/MS/NS/Freestyle/Cruiser/Budget Build)

About the only things you cannot enter are non-BMX bikes or something that's already been in a buildoff...If you can't decide what class to enter into, feel free to PM me & we can figure it out cool

If you already entered a bike in OS for example, it cannot be entered in the "Budget Build” Class as well...

Thanks!

Contributor’s:

GAry ~ Owner/Printer

kalel92198 ~ Ideologist

Hobbes12 ~ Host

To Be Determined ~ Art Work Cover

To Be Determined ~ Art Work Back

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

#2 2020-08-22 1:16pm

Jamoranger3
Pro MemberDeaf Dude
Bikes: 59

Re: 2021 BMXMuseum Calendar Buildoff

I want to be in for 2008-2021 class!
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … d149e.jpeg

2008 GT UB2.

JAMMY's GT/Dyno

FREE LIL HARO!

#3 2020-08-22 1:39pm

mac76
Pro Memberdave's not here man

dibs on september ( if i win the freestyle class )

#4 2020-08-22 1:58pm

Minx20
Pro Member
Bikes: 34
For Sale: 17

Hobbes12 wrote:

Here Are The Rules:

Starting August 22nd

•  Each Member of the Museum can submit up to 4 Bikes into the Buildoff...As long as you are a BMXMuseum Member before September of 2020 you can participate...

•  The entry threads will close on September 13th 2020 at Midnight Completed Builds can be submitted any time after October 4th 2020 when the completed thread opens...

The deadline to submit a complete will be October 18th 2020

We will do our best to get the voting threads open as soon as possible after the entry threads are closed starting around October 18th 2020

Once they are opened, there will be a 14 day window to vote...

Since this date may shift depending upon how quickly we get the voting threads live, I will adjust the dates accordingly...

Voting Threads Opened On October 18th & Will Remain Open Until 9:00PM (EST) On Halloween October 31st 2020

•  Final Pics, Use the very best pictures you can take as they will be used in the annual calendar if you finish in the Top 2 in your Class...Once you have entered your bike, you need to post a pic to the entry in the Final Submission thread once it's live...

•  All bikes must be BMX...Restored, Polished, Spray bombed, Re-Chromed, NOS, Survivor, whatever you want to enter is fine...

•  Scooters are allowed in the Budget Build Class if anyone has one, but let me be very clear here that it's BMX style scooters...That is GT Zoot Scoots, CW Nopeds, Mongoose Miniscoots, that type of thing...No Razor scooters will be allowed or anything else that doesn't have BMX heritage if you catch my drift...If there are any Q&A on this, feel free to send a PM...

•  All members of the BMXMuseum will be able to vote as long as you registered before October 2020...You can vote for your own bike...You will vote for your favorite bike in each class(6 choices total)in the voting thread...Most votes gets first place, second most gets second place...If there are any ties the Staff will be the tie breaking votes...

•  Here are the links to the different classes...Please enter your bike in the correct place...Survivors/OG & Restored bikes will compete with each other in their respective class...

•. Vote Who Gets The Top 2 of Each Category 2 Be In The Calendar:

OS 1970’s-1993
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=835309

MS 1994-2007
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=835310

NS 2008-2021
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=835311

Freestyle
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=835312

Cruiser
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=835314

Budget Build
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=6803124

Explanation of Completed Bikes

We are looking for very nice, quality pictures...Please do Not submit fuzzy/shaky, blurry photos, etc...The better the photo, the higher the chances of getting votes will be...This isn't a contest of who built the best bike & leaned it against a lawn chair in their back yard & took a picture with their flip phone...Any bike that has already been built/survivor/etc...submitted in the Museum. Any year, Race, Freestyle, any size...Basically any bike that is allowed on the Museum is good to go as long as it has never been entered into a prior Buildoff...If it is already in the Museum, please use new pictures for the Buildoff...

Use This Thread 4 All Your Progress/Banter/Bragging/Comments

FAQ

Q:  Can I submit a bike that's already in the Museum?
A:  Yes you can with the following requirements (1) Take Fresh & Clean pictures... (2) Post these new pictures in the submission thread when they are posted... (3) Do Not post a bike that has already been in a build off...This is hard to police but be honest please but I'm also hoping everyone will report ones they've seen in buildoffs before just to keep it fair...

Q:  Does my bike need to look different than the way it is submitted in the Museum?
A:  No, although see the prior Q&A...The pictures needs to be Fresh & Clean...

Q:  If my bike is almost completed already, does it need to go in the ”Budget Build” Class?
A:  No, if your bike is still in the build phase, you can & should enter it into one of the 6 build classes...
(OS/MS/NS/Freestyle/Cruiser/Budget Build)

About the only things you cannot enter are non-BMX bikes or something that's already been in a buildoff...If you can't decide what class to enter into, feel free to PM me & we can figure it out cool

If you already entered a bike in OS for example, it cannot be entered in the "Budget Build” Class as well...

Thanks!

Contributor’s:

GAry ~ Owner/Printer

kalel92198 ~ Ideologist

(Insert list) ~ peanut gallery goofballs

#5 2020-08-22 6:27pm

Agentxxiii
Pro MemberRichy Rich Dude
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 5

Marked tongue

Time machine wanted!

#6 2020-08-22 6:40pm

bmxgrimreaper
Pro MemberEvel Kinevel
Bikes: 45

Well yes, but to much to read, dang I'll be late again cool

#7 2020-08-22 10:46pm

Team3d
Pro MemberFKX Racing
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 17

How budget the bike needs to be to enter the budget class ? Build from parts bin consider budget build ? Even if the left over parts are new ?

Last edited by Team3d (2020-08-22 10:46pm)

Gt

#8 2020-08-22 10:57pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

Team3d wrote:

How budget the bike needs to be to enter the budget class ? Build from parts bin consider budget build ? Even if the left over parts are new ?

It was inspired by this:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=828536

It just a Class to have Fun with, build your bike anyway you want...If I was you I would probably just try to do a mix of new/used parts...unless you got a bunch of new parts that are different colors of sorts tongue

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

#9 2020-08-23 3:18pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 86

cool can't wait to see the cool builds.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#10 2020-08-23 4:39pm

kalel92198
Pro MemberNickelBack Builds Better BMX
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 3

4 builds for this build off! Question is will I get them all done in time? This is going to be tough!

As Per The Museum Rules I am not allowed to have external links in my signature after having them up for 6 months to a year? Why because I pissed them off for calling out the obvious! Here’s my signature:
REMOVE THE CANCER FROM THE MUSEUM SO WE DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH HACKERS ANYMORE!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
RBD2
FREE LIL HARO

#11 2020-08-23 4:41pm

New Old Schooler
Pro Member
Bikes: 31

kalel92198 wrote:

4 builds for this build off! Question is will I get them all done in time? This is going to be tough!

Damn... and I’m worried about finishing 1.

Blue, you’re my boy!!!

YOU’RE MY BOY BLUE!!!
Thanks Capitán wink

#12 2020-08-23 4:41pm

deme
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 1
Website

Awesome!!!  can I enter more than 1 build in the same category? with a max of 4 entries total combined?
That would be awesome if that's the case

#13 2020-08-23 5:50pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

deme wrote:

Awesome!!!  can I enter more than 1 build in the same category? with a max of 4 entries total combined?
That would be awesome if that's the case

Yes you can...you can put all 4 in the same Class...

hobbes1278@gmail.com

#14 2020-08-23 6:12pm

mac76

anybody gonna cry if i cut these 990 brake mounts from this fishbone grail frame?

worried that they will snag my pants and get me killed, building this one to ride tongue

#15 2020-08-23 7:05pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

mac76 wrote:

anybody gonna cry if i cut these 990 brake mounts from this fishbone grail frame?

worried that they will snag my pants and get me killed, building this one to ride tongue

It your bike you can do whatever you want, but I personally wouldn’t, not a big Fan of hacking up Frames...

hobbes1278@gmail.com

#16 2020-08-23 7:30pm

mac76

Hobbes12 wrote:

mac76 wrote:

It your bike you can do whatever you want, but I personally wouldn’t, not a big Fan of hacking up Frames...

my ignorance goes far beyond the hacksaw lol

#17 2020-08-23 7:51pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

New Old Schooler wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

and i'm not even entering any lol

first time for a lot of things .

#18 2020-08-23 7:53pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

mac76 wrote:

go for it do what makes you happy! so you going brake less?

#19 2020-08-23 8:01pm

mac76

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

mac76 wrote:

go for it do what makes you happy! so you going brake less?

no brakes for me

#20 2020-08-24 3:58am

JHARJO
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

mac76 wrote:

It’s Fishbone so no worries. wink

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Mid school started the day Mat Hoffman asked "Can someone build me a frame that won't break after a week?" and it ended when you guys started saying, "That's my brothers old bike, it's too heavy and makes my arms hurt."

#21 2020-08-24 6:12am

FU
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

mac76 wrote:

Lose the jnco's, shoe horn yourself into some skinny jeans and put the hacksaw down unless youre handcuffed to a burning car.

Duck, Duck, There goes your ad revenue! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I would just like to say that I apologize. For absolutely nothing at all. HA HA HA

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#22 2020-08-24 11:38am

made2drag
Pro MemberHaro Lineage Fan
Bikes: 9

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

New Old Schooler wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

I'll bet money you will end up entering!  You aren't a watcher, youre a builder....

#23 2020-08-24 11:44am

mac76

hoping freek plays, he got some cool stuff

#24 2020-08-24 1:24pm

New Old Schooler
Pro Member
Bikes: 31

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

New Old Schooler wrote:

kalel92198 wrote:

yikes
No way, that would be a first in a long time.

Blue, you’re my boy!!!

YOU’RE MY BOY BLUE!!!
Thanks Capitán wink

#25 2020-08-24 2:50pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK

made2drag wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

New Old Schooler wrote:

I'll bet money you will end up entering!  You aren't a watcher, youre a builder....

yes I am a builder but no more bike parking space. lots full yikes

Board footer