BMX Brotherhood Thread

#51 2020-11-11 9:23pm

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 1

Re: BMX Brotherhood Thread

4130 over party!

Last edited by Spintech (2020-11-11 10:22pm)

-Joe

#52 2020-11-12 11:29am

Brian Hays
Pro Member
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 9

Great thread. Was skimming through a few threads this morning and literally said out loud to myself "So tired of all the hate in every single F'n thread". Nice to see this. Cabin fever used to be just Jan-Feb around here but we have all been locked up since March in one way or another.

Last edited by BRIAN HAYS (2020-11-12 11:29am)

Proudly racing for Ace Bike Shop in Springfield IL.
http://acebicycleshop.com

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, Navajo, Nomura, GHP and Prodyne OLD SCHOOL!!!LOVE CHASE BMX, GHP, SUPERCROSS and SE new school race bikes as well!!

#53 2020-11-12 12:11pm

AlurencatBMX
Pro MemberLimey Bastard
Bikes: 13

Not had much time for anything recently.

My mother, who is 74, had a bad fall about a month ago. It's been a bit of a nightmare since. She broke her leg, knee and had a really bad wound. Needed to be operated on and then tons of stitches. This would be bad enough for any 74 year old woman, but she has osteoporosis and arthritis so badly she could hardly move before.

She was rushed to hospital, then operated on about four days later. Then someone in the ward who was visiting tested positive for Covid, so it was just tons more stress and worry. Then they were going to move her to a more local hospital, then they were going to move her to one 60 miles away (toward London) which was in full lockdown, so no visitors.

It's franking sucked tbh. Eventually she was allowed to go stay with my aunt (her twin) but it's putting pressure on every one. Doesn't help that she needs to wear her plaster for four months either, and is basically completely bed bound.

Not even really had a chance to think about bikes, let alone touch one.

Limb by Limb we are gon cut dem down,
send fi the hacksaw, take out de tongue.

#54 2020-11-12 12:55pm

Garcia_58
Pro MemberBeg
Bikes: 44

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I am seeing a lot of tension and animosity lately. For various reasons stress levels are high and one or some of us here may be struggling. There is no shame in asking for help or needing to chat.

Please use this thread to reach out if feel you need to chat. We don't need to discuss in detail here. Drop a note and maybe someone will reach out in PM. Maybe phone numbers can be exchanged.

The colour of our skin, our religious and political beliefs, where we live etc. are insignificant. In the end we all came here for the same reason and now it's time to start banding together rather than pulling apart further. These are trying times and at some point everyone could use a pick me up.

Please respect this thread because it isn't a joke.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Cheers,

K_R

great call !!

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain
I am not of this world ---- 1978 GLJ 1979 DG Racer ----  WWG1WGA

#55 2020-11-12 1:16pm

mac76
Pro Memberdave's not here man

been trying to ride flatland freestyle everyday
back to spending hours to learn 1 more %
i still suck after 40 years but its fun for me

#56 2020-11-12 1:42pm

turdburd
Pro MemberOver The Wall
Bikes: 6

AlurencatBMX wrote:

My mother, who is 74, had a bad fall about a month ago. It's been a bit of a nightmare since. She broke her leg, knee and had a really bad wound. Needed to be operated on and then tons of stitches. This would be bad enough for any 74 year old woman, but she has osteoporosis and arthritis so badly she could hardly move before.

She was rushed to hospital, then operated on about four days later. Then someone in the ward who was visiting tested positive for Covid, so it was just tons more stress and worry. Then they were going to move her to a more local hospital, then they were going to move her to one 60 miles away (toward London) which was in full lockdown, so no visitors.

It's franking sucked tbh. Eventually she was allowed to go stay with my aunt (her twin) but it's putting pressure on every one. Doesn't help that she needs to wear her plaster for four months either, and is basically completely bed bound.

Hoping the best for your mom right now. Sounds like a rough time. My mom goes in for  breast cancer treatment next Friday so I'm going to have a full plate myself.
Take care my BMX brother.

ABA Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123
RIP Matt C 4/09/97-12/22/20

#57 2020-11-12 2:52pm

wagonguy
Pro Member
For Sale: 10

Bravo sir.

And good to see you back PJ.

Doug

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

Would love to acquire a Sunn B-Mix 26.

#58 2020-11-12 3:26pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberReverend of Rad
Bikes: 96

turdburd wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

Hoping the best for your mom right now. Sounds like a rough time. My mom goes in for  breast cancer treatment next Friday so I'm going to have a full plate myself.
Take care my BMX brother.

Word to your mothers! Take care of those ladies!

This month I’ll be helping my grandma move out of the city. She’s 85 and has been living on her own on the 4th floor of the sam downtown apartment with no elevator since 1976. Just recently stopped driving this past year and just can’t handle the city anymore. She has a placed lined up in the town I grew up in, where my parents still live and she grew up in a couple hours east. It will be weird as she’s only ever lived in one place my entire life but she will be closer to family that can help her and still not too far from me and my family so we can still see her often

#59 2020-11-12 3:52pm

AlurencatBMX
Pro MemberLimey Bastard

I would give anything for one more day with my Grandma.

I lost mine when I was still too young and stupid to know how much I should have cherished her.

#60 2020-11-12 5:08pm

Kurt_Rad

AlurencatBMX wrote:

I lost mine when I was still too young and stupid to know how much I should have cherished her.

I’ve been blessed that I’ve been able to spend time with my grandparents throughout my entire life. I had my great grandmother until 2013 when she passed at 101. My kids still have great grandparents and they won’t fully understand how amazing that is until later in life

#61 2020-11-12 6:29pm

Mint_Inc
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 1

I was just had to vent and get it out there, didn't want to stir it up.

#62 2020-11-12 6:46pm

Kurt_Rad

Mint_Inc wrote:

I was just had to vent and get it out there, didn't want to stir it up.

I understand but unfortunately certain subjects, even with the right intentions,  are doomed

#63 2020-11-12 8:00pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

I'm just here to say, I love you guys. Everyone is stressed and it would be nice to get the old vibe back to this place. It's going to be a long winter.

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.

#64 2020-11-12 8:28pm

racerbvd
Pro MemberThe Catman

AlurencatBMX wrote:

I lost mine to cancer,  growing up we always did Thanksgiving at her house, since she passed,  it just isn't the same sad
I was lucky,  I took time off to take her to her cancer treatments,  out to eat and shopping.

Add the fact that I lost one of my best friends and mentor on Thanksgiving, this isn't my favorite time of year. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23382/img_20200621_115055_4065fae0b6796.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23382/fb_img_14312912277145fae0b67a7.jpg

Byron  30+ year PCA member
Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

#65 2020-11-12 8:34pm

old bmx dad/Ted
Pro MemberRobinson Museum Curator
Bikes: 19
For Sale: 3

^^^^   stud.

44T-Chicago Life member.                  1983 Robinson Cruiser ..  Thank you Brian ...

Birthplace & Home of the Robinson sanctuary .

Trailorparkpimps #1 and only Big friend
    Fubu79 you have a special place in my heart
       Bird you will be missed .....
                                                                 OTB ??????

#66 2020-11-12 8:57pm

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*
Bikes: 8

cool

#67 2020-11-12 9:39pm

Kurt_Rad

eric12 wrote:

I'm just here to say, I love you guys. Everyone is stressed and it would be nice to get the old vibe back to this place. It's going to be a long winter.

Agreed. Snow is on the ground, temps below freezing, getting dark early...and these are the normal things that happen every year. Things aren't looking pretty but I am optimistic that things will turn for the better. Always great to have  a sold group to count on. When things changed in March I admittedly coped by drinking too much. I wasn't getting wasted regularly, not really often at all, but my consumption was definitely way up. That trend carried into May and then in to August and then on Halloween I said enough is enough. Threw in the towel. 2 weeks with nothing and it feels pretty good. I don't intend to stay dry because I do love pints but right now I really don't have the desire so I will roll with it. With gyms on the verge of closing this should also help keep the weight off lol I will give it the month of November for sure and maybe even push to Christmas depending on how I feel...

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2020-11-12 9:39pm)

#68 2020-11-12 9:59pm

Kurt_Rad

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/ad7ce1a7-4471-45e4-8dbd-fecf41fb0ec15fae20bec4.jpeg

#69 2020-11-12 10:10pm

Raven
AdminRetired Action Man and Veteran
Website

Good thread and good advise ,,,If you can go for a ride or just Chill out with friends and family ..................https://i.postimg.cc/nhRjykHT/vacation1.gif

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/74614/bmx_better_1024x10245fae235409.jpg

This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

#70 2020-11-12 11:28pm

Black_and_Blue
Pro MemberAloha, Mr. Hand
Bikes: 18

Personally I’ve been in an awesome mood the last week or so. Can’t quite put a finger on it lol

This is my signature.  There are many like it, but this one is mine.

#71 2020-11-13 3:06am

AlurencatBMX
Pro MemberLimey Bastard

racerbvd wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

I lost mine to cancer,  growing up we always did Thanksgiving at her house, since she passed,  it just isn't the same sad
I was lucky,  I took time off to take her to her cancer treatments,  out to eat and shopping.

Add the fact that I lost one of my best friends and mentor on Thanksgiving, this isn't my favorite time of year. https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b6796.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0b67a7.jpg

Mine was 88 IIRC. She had a stroke, and passed shortly after. I was 25, and busy jet setting all over the place and getting married. It was my stupid years where I used to make excuses and not go see her and my grandad. Jesus do you pay for that when they are gone.

I did get to see her at the end though. Which will remain with me as long as I live.

Yeah this time of year sucks for me too. Dad died on the 18th October 1981 when he was 35, mum's birthday is 4 days later (and she must feel that every single damn year) and Dad's birthday is in the first week of November too. So every year I get lost in thought for the whole month. Also, no matter where I am or what I am doing or even if I am too busy to remember sometimes the 18th October sucks EVERY year. It's so weird.

#72 2020-11-13 3:09am

AlurencatBMX
Pro MemberLimey Bastard

Am I the only miserable pisser that loves winter? lol

All of the townies f**k off to whence they came and it's really lovely and quiet down here.

#73 2020-11-13 3:48am

TMS40
Pro Member

AlurencatBMX wrote:

All of the townies f**k off to whence they came and it's really lovely and quiet down here.

No.. here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia I love winter. If we’re unlucky in the height of winter it may drop to zero degrees just before dawn then the days get to around 26 degrees Celsius. Perfect weather.

#74 2020-11-13 3:56am

JakeCashen

TMS40 wrote:

AlurencatBMX wrote:

No.. here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia I love winter. If we’re unlucky in the height of winter it may drop to zero degrees just before dawn then the days get to around 26 degrees Celsius. Perfect weather.

Amen to a Beaty Qld winter. I didn’t have a sweater on all winter. Now it’s beach season baby cool

#75 2020-11-13 5:30am

Kurt_Rad

AlurencatBMX wrote:

I don’t dislike winter actually. I don’t don’t like when it lingers. The snowstorms and cold temps in late March and into April are what get to me. I love the first month of snow and I love Christmas. January is ok, February it gets old.

Board footer