You are not logged in.

BMX Brotherhood Thread

#1 2020-11-11 8:15am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberReverend of Rad
Bikes: 96

BMX Brotherhood Thread

I am seeing a lot of tension and animosity lately. For various reasons stress levels are high and one or some of us here may be struggling. There is no shame in asking for help or needing to chat.

Please use this thread to reach out if feel you need to chat. We don't need to discuss in detail here. Drop a note and maybe someone will reach out in PM. Maybe phone numbers can be exchanged.

The colour of our skin, our religious and political beliefs, where we live etc. are insignificant. In the end we all came here for the same reason and now it's time to start banding together rather than pulling apart further. These are trying times and at some point everyone could use a pick me up.

Please respect this thread because it isn't a joke.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Cheers,

K_R

#2 2020-11-11 8:17am

Mich BMX
Pro MemberNo Lie!
Bikes: 8
For Sale: 6

Re: BMX Brotherhood Thread

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/208533/46dafbf4-9fb9-4e0d-a565-af58434dd2c65fac0e8494.jpeg
[img[/img]
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/208533/9723136a-b1cd-4585-afbf-83a8abd8c0405fac0e84e3.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/208533/d2096df2-98d8-47d5-9f59-59ad82f42f635fac0e84e7.jpeg

My Therapy...wish I had this bike in March...quarantine would have been like summer vacation...but this Fall has been a blast since the middle of September when I picked it up...I get to feeling “arggggg” I hop on it and all the BS disappears...I call it my 2 wheel time machine...

Last edited by Mich BMX (2020-11-11 10:52am)

Please.....no Tuff Wheels on full on race bikes...original graphite’s only and pre 81 and never on a cruiser for God’s sake
Let me guess you were factory sponsored in
the 80’s...
Please no colored tires on race bikes...
So how many years were you a Pro....
You knew a guy that had a Mongoose that weighed 12 pounds
What year did you mix it up with Stu?
Thinking about going 22”....do it...

#3 2020-11-11 8:21am

mac76
Pro Memberdave's not here man

thanks for the positive note brother
our passion for bmx has brough us all together
lets leave our differences at the door

#4 2020-11-11 8:32am

Kurt_Rad

mac76 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. This needs to be a safe space for us rather than a threatening space. Not one single person came here for that reason. Lets focus on the good here cool

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2020-11-11 9:01am)

#5 2020-11-11 8:58am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
For Sale: 1

cool Ill take this highroad and see how it works out...

Trust No One

#6 2020-11-11 9:02am

robk131313
Admin*Mr. Vacation*

cool

#7 2020-11-11 9:02am

turdburd
Pro MemberOver The Wall
Bikes: 6

mac76 wrote:

So true on this.

ABA Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123
RIP Matt C 4/09/97-12/22/20

#8 2020-11-11 9:12am

Kurt_Rad

I have met some pretty solid guys here over the years. Many that I now consider close friends...even met a few in person on my travels through the US. Many aren't active here that much or at all anymore but we still keep in touch on the outside. People often mock my presence on this page but it has been a good (and positive most of the time) outlet for me. I used to feel I could come here without judgement when I was going through a rough patch, if work was piling up or just in general could use a break. It's great to come to a place and feel comfortable. This place has been imporatant to me. Not that I need to validate the time that I spend here but I have done it for a reason and becasue of it have a number of life long and close friends, many of which that I only know virtually...

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2020-11-11 9:13am)

#9 2020-11-11 9:17am

Bporter
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 2

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I have met some pretty solid guys here over the years. Many that I now consider close friends...even met a few in person on my travels through the US. Many aren't active here that much or at all anymore but we still keep in touch on the outside. People often mock my presence on this page but it has been a good (and positive most of the time) outlet for me. I used to feel I could come here without judgement when I was going through a rough patch, if work was piling up or just in general could use a break. It's great to come to a place and feel comfortable. This place has been imporatant to me. Not that I need to validate the time that I spend here but I have done it for a reason and becasue of it have a number of life long and close friends, many of which that I only know virtually...

Well said and thanks for initiating Kurt, i would be happy to help in anyway, i also strongly agree, this site has been a great therapy for me over the past 5 years and the most difficult times, a lot of great people in this community!

The only place the success comes before work is in the dictionary

#10 2020-11-11 9:43am

Busty 123
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I am seeing a lot of tension and animosity lately. For various reasons stress levels are high and one or some of us here may be struggling. There is no shame in asking for help or needing to chat.

Please use this thread to reach out if feel you need to chat. We don't need to discuss in detail here. Drop a note and maybe someone will reach out in PM. Maybe phone numbers can be exchanged.

The colour of our skin, our religious and political beliefs, where we live etc. are insignificant. In the end we all came here for the same reason and now it's time to start banding together rather than pulling apart further. These are trying times and at some point everyone could use a pick me up.

Please respect this thread because it isn't a joke.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Cheers,

K_R

Here Here smilesmilesmilesmile

#11 2020-11-11 9:45am

00_Duck
Pro Member
Bikes: 27

Much respect, Kurt. I agree, it has gotten tense and a little in your face, no in your face around here in places.  I'm just here for the BMX! or that's what it should be mainly about. Thanks for the uplifting words.

What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone, I know goes away in the end.  ~ NIN Hurt

#12 2020-11-11 9:51am

knightindullarmor
Banned

Damn buddy our minds definitely think alike.  I literally wrote this note at work the other day and was going to start a similar thread. 
"BMX FORUM
THERAPY SESSION
OKAY EVERYBODY IS GOING THROUGH A LOT RIGHT NOW AND MOST DO NOT HAVE A PLACE TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES SO HOW ABOUT WE HAVE ONE THREAD ON THE MUSEUM WHERE WE ALL COME TOGETHER ON COMMON GROUND AND ARE SUPPORTIVE OF EACH OTHER.  A SAFE SPACE TO STATE WHATEVER HAS BEEN GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE AND AFFECTING YOU MENTALLY WHERE WE OFFER NOTHING BUT POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT (IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY SIMPLY BITE YOUR TONGUE, BE A MAN/LADY/WHATEVER AND MOVE ON!)

I know my personality can be a bit overwhelming at times but I hope all of you know with all the joking aside that deep down I truly am a caring and compassionate soul who wishes nothing but the very best of well wishes to all lifeforms. 
We need to bring back the unity in our bmx community for way too long we have sought out differences albeit political views, or matters of social/economical importance.  Let us make that a thing of the past and move onto a new era on the museum.  One in which we bond together over our similarities instead of clashing over our differences.

44T   COLORADO'S LONE WOLF
Things im looking for:  GT SPEED SERIES 24 DECAL (RECALL VERSION),  GT ALUMINUM SERIES XL DECALS, CLEM TWIN CRANKS/HUBS

#13 2020-11-11 9:56am

spyker
Pro MemberChup@c@br@

knightindullarmor wrote:

Damn buddy our minds definitely think alike.  I literally wrote this note at work the other day and was going to start a similar thread. 
"BMX FORUM
THERAPY SESSION
OKAY EVERYBODY IS GOING THROUGH A LOT RIGHT NOW AND MOST DO NOT HAVE A PLACE TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES SO HOW ABOUT WE HAVE ONE THREAD ON THE MUSEUM WHERE WE ALL COME TOGETHER ON COMMON GROUND AND ARE SUPPORTIVE OF EACH OTHER.  A SAFE SPACE TO STATE WHATEVER HAS BEEN GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE AND AFFECTING YOU MENTALLY WHERE WE OFFER NOTHING BUT POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT (IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY SIMPLY BITE YOUR TONGUE, BE A MAN/LADY/WHATEVER AND MOVE ON!)

I know my personality can be a bit overwhelming at times but I hope all of you know with all the joking aside that deep down I truly am a caring and compassionate soul who wishes nothing but the very best of well wishes to all lifeforms. 
We need to bring back the unity in our bmx community for way too long we have sought out differences albeit political views, or matters of social/economical importance.  Let us make that a thing of the past and move onto a new era on the museum.  One in which we bond together over our similarities instead of clashing over our differences.

Bull no worries cause you already part of the brotherhood!!!
wink

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#14 2020-11-11 10:01am

Kurt_Rad

knightindullarmor wrote:

"BMX FORUM
THERAPY SESSION

It's long overdue. I have seen a lot of deterioration here over the past few years and even more so in recent months. We have lost good members and relationships have eroded and that's not what this is supposed to about. It's time to bring it back. And in reference to my original post...create a space where we can just be and focus on what we came here for originally and most important call out for help if we need it.

This isn't a bro hug thread. It's not a gay thread. It's a call to action. To be better. To improve morale. to lift each other up when it's needed.

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2020-11-11 10:04am)

#15 2020-11-11 10:20am

wmkent
Pro Member"Survivor in fair condition"
Bikes: 12

An observation....

The way I remember it "be home by dark" was literally a ticket to ride. For many, being a kid and having access to two wheels was your first shot at responsibility, control, and independence. For others, an escape, a refuge and freedom. Whether you ended up roosting in cul-de-sacs and city streets, or shredding deep bowls, or powering out of full gates, we all share that origin story. That literal connection to the seat, the bars and the pedals (or pegs lol)

If you just found it at 48, or have been living it since FMF's were new, that's what makes this site special. We all share that. It's nice to have the space to express it.

Last edited by wmkent (2020-11-11 10:39am)

You should definitely ride that

#16 2020-11-11 10:30am

andycapp
Old Man Punk
Bikes: 15

Right on. Respect for everything posted here. smile
This thread should be stuck to the top of the forum.

"When the going gets tough, let the tough get going." - Frank Leahy

"If there's no time to do it right the first time, how will there be time to fix it when you f*** it up?" - William Leahy

"What I should have said, was nothing." - Mike Birbiglia

#17 2020-11-11 10:38am

tacoman
Pro MemberSkinwalkers

wink

I will do my part.

There is no stopping...what can't be stopped.

#18 2020-11-11 10:44am

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
Bikes: 23

Right on Kurt.  cool  Yep- some dudes here I have talked to in length, through PM's etc- I consider them friends. Which as an old(er) guy I used to think that was kind of silly "online friends?!"  But it's a different world now,  and there are real people behind these usernames.  Drop me a line anytime !

#19 2020-11-11 11:04am

ABA180
Pro MemberCandy Apples
Bikes: 2

Kurt_Rad wrote:

This.  I have friends I've known online for 25 years and never met in person, but they're still a part of my life.

Those who mock another's reason for being here, I will never understand

Last edited by ABA180 (2020-11-11 11:06am)

Am I Beast Or Am I Human..Am I Just Like You?

#20 2020-11-11 11:06am

racerbvd
Pro MemberThe Catman
Bikes: 13
For Sale: 9

Cheers, BMX Brothers.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23382/20201105_1756175fac350647.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23382/20201103_0925145fac364109.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23382/20201029_1721515fac364110.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23382/20201025_1107415fac3641e4.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23382/20201103_1651355fac364214.jpg

Byron  30+ year PCA member
Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

#21 2020-11-11 11:17am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Bikes: 12
Website

I left my role as an admin on this site many years ago due to the constant fight.  I left completely for quite a while and over the past few years have slowly been coming back into it. 

I can appreciate this post and encourage anyone feeling down and out to reach out to many on this site that can lend an ear to your problems. 

Good on you Kurt for starting this!

"HOME OF THE FREE... BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!"

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

#22 2020-11-11 11:29am

efi4eye
Pro MemberHip Hop Head
Bikes: 5

Great idea Kurt.  I make it a point to not talk about my personal life or beliefs here.  We need to focus on what brings us together instead of picking fights.  You honestly can't really joke about it anymore either.  I have good friends on both sides of most issues and I never try to seek an argument with the ones I disagree with in real life.  It's our hobbies and fellowship that bring us together so why ruin that?  Just my opinion, but if you're putting your beliefs in an avatar pic or your sig you come across as looking for a fight

#23 2020-11-11 12:24pm

1fastmotodude
Pro Member
Bikes: 32

Rock on bmx brothers from other mothers.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/201992/abba18c3-e12d-4038-b72b-ed3eff5ad38e5fac48943b.png

Mechanical Art...                                                                                                                                                       

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves .”

Abraham Lincoln

Jesus Saves . . .

#24 2020-11-11 12:34pm

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 23

Thanks, Kurt.  I needed this.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#25 2020-11-11 12:38pm

Kurt_Rad

perront wrote:

Thanks, Kurt.  I needed this.

I feel a big step back and bigger look ahead was required here.

Board footer