You are not logged in.

Anyone Picking Up New Bikes Coming Out By Haro?!

#26 2020-10-29 3:28pm

one piece crank
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Re: Anyone Picking Up New Bikes Coming Out By Haro?!

FU wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

I really want a Ground Master, but the TT is too short (for me). Instead I’m building up a 21” Bastille.

I saw your post elsewhere about starting to ride again....Haro is taking preorders for the team master lineage frames if you want some OS flava...21"tt as well.

How would I find the pre-order? I didn’t see it on the Haro site.

#27 2020-10-29 3:34pm

one piece crank
Pro Member

kmpap wrote:

Question: at our ripe old age, is there really that much of a difference between a 20.5" and 21" TT, in terms of handling and rolling / hopping around?

Every little bit helps! Taller and wider bars also help, to a point. I don’t really know many rolling tricks but I do like to ride ramps, so feeling comfortable means being safe...

#28 2020-10-29 4:24pm

Notaskitrail
Photos 4 Free

Moncho-That is some serious talent

Raced NBL from 1980-1985.  Final race was 17 expert (class and cruiser) at 1985 Grand's in Kentucky.

Bikes I raced: Mongoose Supergoose, Robinson 20 inch, Rebel Racing 20 inch, Nomura 26/24 cruiser, Nomura 24 cruiser, Profile pro 24 cruiser, Nomura 20 inch cromoly,

#29 2020-10-29 4:54pm

FU
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

one piece crank wrote:

FU wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

I really want a Ground Master, but the TT is too short (for me). Instead I’m building up a 21” Bastille.

I saw your post elsewhere about starting to ride again....Haro is taking preorders for the team master lineage frames if you want some OS flava...21"tt as well.

Check your favorite online shops. Sponsors of this site like planet bmx.
Albes, cheap goods, flatland fuel are others. I have bought my sports through cheap goods. The 21" master is limited to 100 so you may need to check more than one place.

Duck, Duck, There goes your ad revenue! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I would just like to say that I apologize. For absolutely nothing at all. HA HA HA

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#30 2020-10-29 5:53pm

moncho
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Notaskitrail wrote:

Moncho-That is some serious talent

Thanks Notaskitrail!

#31 2020-10-29 5:55pm

kmpap
Pro Member
Bikes: 17

one piece crank wrote:

kmpap wrote:

Question: at our ripe old age, is there really that much of a difference between a 20.5" and 21" TT, in terms of handling and rolling / hopping around?

Every little bit helps! Taller and wider bars also help, to a point. I don’t really know many rolling tricks but I do like to ride ramps, so feeling comfortable means being safe...

Thanks OPC and FU. 

I'm 5'9" and have always ridden 20.5" TT, but am feeling cramped lately, probably because I've spent quite some time on mountain bikes these past few years...

All I really want to do is some old school tricks: front wheel hops, fire hydrants, G-turns, tailwhips (on the ground, mind you) but don't want to feel like I'm throwing a boat around.

Thoughts?  Give a 21" TT a try?

Your insights guys are appreciated!

#32 2020-10-29 6:26pm

FU
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

kmpap wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

kmpap wrote:

Thanks OPC and FU. 

I'm 5'9" and have always ridden 20.5" TT, but am feeling cramped lately, probably because I've spent quite some time on mountain bikes these past few years...

All I really want to do is some old school tricks: front wheel hops, fire hydrants, G-turns, tailwhips (on the ground, mind you) but don't want to feel like I'm throwing a boat around.

I was hoping the airmaster was going to be 21, but JB said he was finally making the "air" sport the longer/vert bike only for this go round. mad
lol Honestly, im no help with flatland. But Im around the same size and for charging parks and trails, I doubt .5 inches matters unless yer ultra dialed. Im a lil picky about bars and their height though.

Last edited by FU (2020-10-29 6:32pm)

Duck, Duck, There goes your ad revenue! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I would just like to say that I apologize. For absolutely nothing at all. HA HA HA

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#33 2020-10-29 8:56pm

kmpap
Pro Member

FU wrote:

kmpap wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

Thanks OPC and FU. 

I was hoping the airmaster was going to be 21, but JB said he was finally making the "air" sport the longer/vert bike only for this go round. mad
lol Honestly, im no help with flatland. But Im around the same size and for charging parks and trails, I doubt .5 inches matters unless yer ultra dialed. Im a lil picky about bars and their height though.

Thanks FU - greatly appreciated.  Is John B. a member here?  Was thinking I could ping him, and ask as well (relative to geo, etc.)

#34 2020-10-30 3:25am

one piece crank
Pro Member

kmpap wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

kmpap wrote:

Thanks OPC and FU. 

I currently only have my old school bikes, mostly Redlines for the tall head tube and 20.5 TT’s. I am really excited to try a new school frame. The NS’s super short rear end and steeper seat tube drastically change the dimension from BB to grip position. So even at the same TT length, the NS will have more space between my feet and hands.

If you’re already riding a NS frame you may not feel much difference in 1/2”, but I’d think you would feel 1”.

#35 2020-10-30 6:32am

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
Bikes: 23

moncho wrote:

These bikes need to be ridden...hard! This is me on my 2018 Master Flatland:

Killer riding as usual !  cool

#36 2020-11-03 12:28pm

one piece crank
Pro Member

FU wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

FU wrote:

Check your favorite online shops. Sponsors of this site like planet bmx.
Albes, cheap goods, flatland fuel are others. I have bought my sports through cheap goods. The 21" master is limited to 100 so you may need to check more than one place.

Thanks for the pointer. I did look into it, but in the end the Bastille checks all the right boxes. It will get the Lineage fork with folding pegs though, so still a touch of old school.

#37 2020-11-18 11:07am

one piece crank
Pro Member

I'll just throw this out here to avoid starting a new thread...

The Bastille frame has a 13.25" chainstay - will I feel much difference between 160/165mm cranks? The important details = size 14 feet, short (~50mm) rear pegs, all-around rider used for '80's flat and local skate parks.

EDIT: I went with 160mm. I’m used to short cranks on Trials bikes, so there is literally no downside.

Last edited by one piece crank (2020-11-18 6:54pm)

#38 2020-11-23 7:44am

WheelZUP
Pro Member

kmpap wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

kmpap wrote:

Thanks OPC and FU. 

I have been struggling to feel comfortable on a new school bike myself. When I was riding back in the 80’s I was 5’5”. Now at close to 6’ those old bikes of mine feel way smaller. I started buying and selling bikes to figure it out and finally came to a point of understanding with the new bikes. I found that a 9.5” bar was the key. I want a bike that can be used for park and old school flatland. I’m currently riding a 21” tt and love everything so far. It feels like my 22” bike with the room and stability. I’m sure that if I get my old skills back that I might shorten the length a bit for tailwhip hops, but I might just be fine staying on the 21 too. I’ll know more when I progress to that point.

#39 2020-11-23 8:17am

rickman199
Pro Member

crj1968 wrote:

moncho wrote:

Killer riding as usual !  cool

Awesome riding! love the colors i know this is the flatland frame but i wish they would do the normal master frame in 21 they already done a 20.5 complete this color so when the new frame comes out again it should 21 to be a bit different. sad

#40 2020-11-23 8:31am

kmpap
Pro Member

WheelZUP wrote:

kmpap wrote:

one piece crank wrote:

Thanks OPC and FU. 

I have been struggling to feel comfortable on a new school bike myself. When I was riding back in the 80’s I was 5’5”. Now at close to 6’ those old bikes of mine feel way smaller. I started buying and selling bikes to figure it out and finally came to a point of understanding with the new bikes. I found that a 9.5” bar was the key. I want a bike that can be used for park and old school flatland. I’m currently riding a 21” tt and love everything so far. It feels like my 22” bike with the room and stability. I’m sure that if I get my old skills back that I might shorten the length a bit for tailwhip hops, but I might just be fine staying on the 21 too. I’ll know more when I progress to that point.

This is great input, thanks for posting.  I'm in the same boat: feeling my way into finding what makes sense for the tricks and riding I want to do.  At 5'9", a 20.5" TT feels a bit cramped, I guess, but that might be because as a kid I rode a Redline (which felt roomier than most OS bikes).  Would never have thought about 9.5" bars, though - just easier on the back, I assume?  Thx again for sharing.  Appreciated!

#41 2020-11-23 10:52am

WheelZUP
Pro Member

kmpap wrote:

WheelZUP wrote:

kmpap wrote:

Thanks OPC and FU. 

This is great input, thanks for posting.  I'm in the same boat: feeling my way into finding what makes sense for the tricks and riding I want to do.  At 5'9", a 20.5" TT feels a bit cramped, I guess, but that might be because as a kid I rode a Redline (which felt roomier than most OS bikes).  Would never have thought about 9.5" bars, though - just easier on the back, I assume?  Thx again for sharing.  Appreciated!

I am glad to try and help. I found that everyone had thoughts on what I should try but really wasn’t going through my type of struggle. I stopped riding by the early/mid 90’s and just started back up again about 2 years ago. I can still ride my old bikes but they feel cramped for most anything that I would use them for. I decided to try and get the old feel back with a newer and updated bike. I tried a bunch of different sizes and brands to really only figure out that I needed a size that my legs weren’t smacking the bars all the time. I got frustrated and almost quit because I didn’t get much more of a feel then that. I accidentally came upon a 22” Twin Peaks for sale and bought it to try. I immediately felt more comfortable on it. So I started comparing the sizes and how to make my 20” more similar. I never thought of bars for height, but more for backsweep. Best discovery I made was the 9.5” size of the Lineage or No Wear bars. It took me almost 2 years but I finally got it now. I could probably be anywhere from a 20.5 to 21 tt and be okay now. I opted for the 21 right now because I need to get the skills and balance back and then move forward. We spend a lot of time at Ray’s Bike Park and it’s definitely more stable for all those jumps.

#42 2020-11-23 11:18am

one piece crank
Pro Member

I rode Redlines BITD too, but old school puts the BB too far forward. I just got a set of Merritt Slaughter 9.25" bars and hope I'll feel somewhat comfortable on 21" frame.

#43 2020-11-23 11:47am

bigmaaark
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

I picked up a rs-1 rasta 29. my only other 29 is an se and i prefer the haro over the se honestly.

#44 2020-11-23 12:46pm

128bpm

I would snag one of the newer Master Team reissues if I could find one, but I want the 87 era vintage.  I think that was the peak of Haro design and styling.

I remember when a kid showed up to school with the first year of bashguard master - and we all thought it was the ugliest thing to ever hit BMX.

What would you little maniacs like to do first?

#45 2020-11-23 6:58pm

kmpap
Pro Member

one piece crank wrote:

I rode Redlines BITD too, but old school puts the BB too far forward. I just got a set of Merritt Slaughter 9.25" bars and hope I'll feel somewhat comfortable on 21" frame.

Hey OPC, cool - another vintage Redline Man.  Did you find Redlines to be roomier than most frames BITD? 

And what would having the BB further forward translate into handling / the bike's riding characteristics?  Super interesting - looking to learn something here, because I never felt so comfortable than when on my OS Redline.

#46 2020-11-23 7:03pm

kmpap
Pro Member

moncho wrote:

Holy crap - you're killing it!

I'm not EVEN going anywhere close to this level of riding. I just want to be comfortable doing front wheel hops, fire hydrants and tailwhips (lol).  Maybe a boomerang...bar hop, anybody? :-D

Awesome vids.  Isn't that frame like a 19.5" TT, too?

#47 2020-11-23 7:55pm

racer155
Pro Member
Bikes: 27
For Sale: 8

I'm getting an Air Master:D

#48 2020-11-24 2:56am

moncho
Pro Member

kmpap wrote:

moncho wrote:

Holy crap - you're killing it!

I'm not EVEN going anywhere close to this level of riding. I just want to be comfortable doing front wheel hops, fire hydrants and tailwhips (lol).  Maybe a boomerang...bar hop, anybody? :-D

Awesome vids.  Isn't that frame like a 19.5" TT, too?

Thanks Kmpap. This frame is actually 19".

#49 2020-11-24 3:36am

Ingo

nnjrider wrote:

Very impressed that people are riding instead of collecting the Haro’s.  I’m sure they are amazing bikes.

The Lineage Bikes are a dream to ride. Because of the quality of the parts you don't have to worry to break something fast. I love my 2018 Lineage

#50 2020-11-24 6:13am

playtoyregal
Pro Member

My 2016 lineage has been my main rider since I built it. The geometry is great and it is very comfortable. I am 5’9” and run a 20.75” and it feels great. Plenty of room. I put probably at least 100 miles on it this year riding with my son.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/200650/441229fe-d60d-4447-987b-a7b1618dd05a5fbd14f5c4.jpeg

Last edited by playtoyregal (2020-11-24 6:14am)

Board footer