You are not logged in.

Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

#51 2020-10-21 3:03pm

BRIAN HAYS
Pro Member
From: Peoria, IL
Registered: 2006-12-06
Posts: 13264
Bikes: 34
For Sale: 5
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Ohhhhhh the irony. Seeing the prices old school collectors are asking for their old school bikes and parts and then the same guys complaining because someone else in a free country is trying to sell something for a profit. HILARIOUS.

Buy one or don't but God damn the whining here is getting old.

Last edited by BRIAN HAYS (2020-10-21 3:05pm)


LOOKING FOR A 2013 PK RIPPER ELITE XL COMPLETE ORIGINAL BIKE.

I live for Race Inc, SE Racing, Navajo, Nomura, GHP and Prodyne OLD SCHOOL!!!

LOVE CHASE BMX, GHP and SE new school race bikes as well!!

Offline

 

#52 2020-10-21 3:14pm

00_Duck
Pro Member
From: Lee's Summit, Missouri
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 3675
Bikes: 27
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

I know if I could afford it I would be in line for sure but I 'm taking a wild guess it is already out of my price range that I can afford. And I am fine with that. I have too many other projects to focus on. I'm glad they are finally doing it though. Maybe this will make way for other projects down the road or doing a limited run with modern geometry and dimensions.

There is demand for it and I bet it will sell out same day if not then within the week.


If you bought from me and didn't receive feedback, send me a PM. I try to provide feedback as soon as I ship but sometimes I forget or miss someone. Thanks!

Offline

 

#53 2020-10-21 3:19pm

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Registered: 2007-08-13
Posts: 2935
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

blue78 wrote:

erichevy wrote:

Interesting.  Wonder how many minutes it will take to sell out.

I was going to say, "I wonder how many minutes it'll take for someone to complain", but I'm a little late to the topic & I see that some have already.

Im pretty sure people were live criticizing the Haro release today so I imagine Redline would draw similar passion.


I would just like to say that I apologize. For absolutely nothing at all. HA HA HA

BOLO: 2017 BLACK/TEAL LINEAGE
CUSTOM HARO SPORT STOLEN IN PA MAY 2020!

My censored posts are gold.

Offline

 

#54 2020-10-21 3:19pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
From: Nashville
Registered: 2009-03-09
Posts: 20116
For Sale: 1
Online

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Cute


BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! Just ask Brian Hays.

Online

 

#55 2020-10-21 3:45pm

DOMPHIPPSIO
Pro Member
From: San Diego
Registered: 2007-06-08
Posts: 2919
Website
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

RDub2 wrote:

DOMPHIPPSIO wrote:

I'm the project manager for Redline Foundations. Some of you have been supporters of other BMX history projects I have delivered for brands and also the Birth of the BMX Freestyle history books I have written and published within the last five years.

This is ultimately a project to honor and celebrate Linn Kastan and his crucial role in BMX, and Redline history. The project has a lot of moving parts including a historical "origins" video (with plenty of ex-Redline racers, employees, etc contributing) a website, etc. When we met with Linn 6 months ago to discuss this project, the subject of the RL 20 II came up and since Linn has the ability to produce bikes to very high standards at Kastan, he offered to make a short run of RL 20 II Replica packages. Using the original drawings he created in 1984, these will be incredible tributes for those who collect vintage-inspired-replica BMX bikes, and the project will be a fitting tribute to Linn Kastan and his unique and innovative role in BMX history. Without him, who knows what it would look like.

The balance of creating something that requires a lot of tooling while keeping it accessible/affordable has been a six-month process. This isn't a price gouge or a bank raid, merely an authentic project, delivered by the brand founder - in collaboration with the modern brand - to celebrate Redline and Linn Kastan's history.

Thanks to those who support the effort.

Nice to see this project is in good hands.  I trust you will do it right.

Thank you, sir.

Offline

 

#56 2020-10-21 3:50pm

Rebelguy
Pro Member
From: Northern California
Registered: 2019-09-23
Posts: 666
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Cipher wrote:

oldsklHaro wrote:

At 300 units they could charge $2K and get it! lol

Which sucks cause the average hobbiest is gonna get left out. I’m super curious on what the price point will be and if they are going to be like a Haro Lineage type package or like their Vintage series

The Haro Master and Sport sets were only a grand and they had less of a run.

https://www.harobmxhistory.com/

No they did 300 also.  At least that was what their website says.  I don't think it sold as well as expected though.  Of course Haro has release so many different reproductions that they may have over saturated the market.

Offline

 

#57 2020-10-21 4:00pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberMeet The WOO!!!
From: THE DARK SIDE OF "CALI"
Registered: 2008-11-10
Posts: 26071
Bikes: 46
For Sale: 31
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

No matter what,  these will never be able to compare to the 1984/1988 original ones....  wink

2020 Repop = NOT ORIGINAL OLDSCHOOL !!!!  lol


[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

Offline

 

#58 2020-10-21 4:11pm

Dirty Habits
Pro MemberMeet The WOO!!!
From: THE DARK SIDE OF "CALI"
Registered: 2008-11-10
Posts: 26071
Bikes: 46
For Sale: 31
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Dirty Habits wrote:

No matter what,  these will never be able to compare to the 1984/1988 original ones....  wink

2020 Repop = NOT ORIGINAL OLDSCHOOL !!!!  lol

https://img.maximummedia.ie/joe_ie/eyJkYXRhIjoie1widXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvbWVkaWEtam9lLm1heGltdW1tZWRpYS5pZS5zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tXFxcL3dwLWNvbnRlbnRcXFwvdXBsb2Fkc1xcXC8yMDE5XFxcLzA4XFxcLzEyMTI0MTAwXFxcL2h1bGtzLmpwZ1wiLFwid2lkdGhcIjo3NDAsXCJoZWlnaHRcIjo0MTYsXCJkZWZhdWx0XCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3d3dy5qb2UuaWVcXFwvYXNzZXRzXFxcL2ltYWdlc1xcXC9qb2VcXFwvbm8taW1hZ2UucG5nP2lkPTJmM2M3ZWJmMjU0ZTk2ZjFkMGU3XCIsXCJvcHRpb25zXCI6W119IiwiaGFzaCI6ImZkY2Y5NThkNzY1MTZiYjY3ODU3OTAxNmFmNGNlY2Y3MTc1NDM1YjUifQ==/hulks.jpg


[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pXMBPm4q/dirty-tequila-logo.jpg[/img]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness............-Emo Philips

Offline

 

#59 2020-10-21 4:27pm

smokeyrust
Pro Member
From: Tucson,AZ
Registered: 2013-06-10
Posts: 1664
Bikes: 72
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Keep an eye on ebay, that's where most will be.

Offline

 

#60 2020-10-21 4:40pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: ID USA
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 4755
Bikes: 23
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Dirty Habits wrote:

Dirty Habits wrote:

No matter what,  these will never be able to compare to the 1984/1988 original ones....  wink

2020 Repop = NOT ORIGINAL OLDSCHOOL !!!!  lol

https://img.maximummedia.ie/joe_ie/eyJk … /hulks.jpg

I dig the redline but, yeah... Garofalo hulk is definitely suckage.  lol

Offline

 

#61 2020-10-21 4:41pm

brettweir89
Pro MemberROA DAE O
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2013-08-26
Posts: 5114
Bikes: 3
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Great timing since my Nigerian Prince inheritance will be coming through any day. I'll buy all 300 of them to keep out the hands of flippers. Then I'll sell them to worthy buyers. Oh, wait... tongue


So long as the paperwork is clean, you boys can do what you like out there. -Fifi McAffee (MFP)
It's over Anakin, I have the high ground! -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline

 

#62 2020-10-21 4:46pm

cog-hat
Pro Member
Registered: 2020-04-16
Posts: 396
Bikes: 59
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

.

Offline

 

#63 2020-10-21 4:52pm

MACAW
Pro MemberI am NOT a DUDE or a BRO :)
From: Denver, CO
Registered: 2010-06-25
Posts: 2406
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

DOMPHIPPSIO wrote:

RDub2 wrote:

DOMPHIPPSIO wrote:

I'm the project manager for Redline Foundations. Some of you have been supporters of other BMX history projects I have delivered for brands and also the Birth of the BMX Freestyle history books I have written and published within the last five years.

This is ultimately a project to honor and celebrate Linn Kastan and his crucial role in BMX, and Redline history. The project has a lot of moving parts including a historical "origins" video (with plenty of ex-Redline racers, employees, etc contributing) a website, etc. When we met with Linn 6 months ago to discuss this project, the subject of the RL 20 II came up and since Linn has the ability to produce bikes to very high standards at Kastan, he offered to make a short run of RL 20 II Replica packages. Using the original drawings he created in 1984, these will be incredible tributes for those who collect vintage-inspired-replica BMX bikes, and the project will be a fitting tribute to Linn Kastan and his unique and innovative role in BMX history. Without him, who knows what it would look like.

The balance of creating something that requires a lot of tooling while keeping it accessible/affordable has been a six-month process. This isn't a price gouge or a bank raid, merely an authentic project, delivered by the brand founder - in collaboration with the modern brand - to celebrate Redline and Linn Kastan's history.

Thanks to those who support the effort.

Nice to see this project is in good hands.  I trust you will do it right.

Thank you, sir.

I second that!! So glad you are assisting with the project and so happy this project is happening!!

I will be waiting in line praying I can get one...

Long-time-no.1 Redline Fan - Cari

Offline

 

#64 2020-10-21 4:59pm

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
From: 44T HQ, Chicagoland, IL
Registered: 2010-06-21
Posts: 35397
Bikes: 23
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

Skip the RL-20II.  Give me Palfreyman, or give me death!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/bmxwebserverprod/attachments/3834/HoF_Palfreyman-at-Saddleback_mxw800_mxh600_e0.jpg

Last edited by perront (2020-10-21 5:00pm)


44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

Offline

 

#65 2020-10-21 5:08pm

mac76
Pro Memberdave's not here man
Registered: 2020-07-26
Posts: 630
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

snip:

these will be incredible tributes for those who collect vintage-inspired-replica BMX bikes

Offline

 

#66 2020-10-21 5:08pm

redline 600
Pro Member
From: Kirkville, N.Y.
Registered: 2010-06-12
Posts: 545
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 9
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

I’ll buy one .. build it... and ride it just like all my other bikes.

Offline

 

#67 2020-10-21 5:11pm

turdburd
Pro MemberOver The Wall
From: Inland Empire,SoCal
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 5284
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

BRIAN HAYS wrote:

Ohhhhhh the irony. Seeing the prices old school collectors are asking for their old school bikes and parts and then the same guys complaining because someone else in a free country is trying to sell something for a profit. HILARIOUS.

Buy one or don't but God damn the whining here is getting old.

So true.


ABA Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123
RIP Matt C 4/09/97-12/22/20

Offline

 

#68 2020-10-21 5:16pm

mac76
Pro Memberdave's not here man
Registered: 2020-07-26
Posts: 630
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

redline 600 wrote:

I’ll buy one .. build it... and ride it just like all my other bikes.

this would be a great way to get a minty fresh RL with no hassle

Offline

 

#69 2020-10-21 5:20pm

metzone
Pro Member
From: Milwaukee
Registered: 2017-10-16
Posts: 1842
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 109
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

X


Repair disclaimer: If you have choose not take care of your bill for whatever reason, consider your property forfeited 30 days after I tell you it is completed.
Purchase Disclaimer: if you give me a deposit for parts you are purchasing, and don’t finish paying by the deadline we agree too, your purchase is null and void and I will not refund your money, unless we discuss and come to a new agreement. You will forfeit the deposit and rights to said parts

If there is extenuating circumstances I am sure we can work it out, just talk to me.
NO SALES TO THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS:jaybles333
RETURN POLICY: NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS AFTER 7 DAYS OF YOU RECIEVING PURCHASED ITEM FROM ME.

Offline

 

#70 2020-10-21 5:22pm

DOMPHIPPSIO
Pro Member
From: San Diego
Registered: 2007-06-08
Posts: 2919
Website
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

redline 600 wrote:

DOMPHIPPSIO wrote:

I'm the project manager for Redline Foundations. Some of you have been supporters of other BMX history projects I have delivered for brands and also the Birth of the BMX Freestyle history books I have written and published within the last five years.

This is ultimately a project to honor and celebrate Linn Kastan and his crucial role in BMX, and Redline history. The project has a lot of moving parts including a historical "origins" video (with plenty of ex-Redline racers, employees, etc contributing) a website, etc. When we met with Linn 6 months ago to discuss this project, the subject of the RL 20 II came up and since Linn has the ability to produce bikes to very high standards at Kastan, he offered to make a short run of RL 20 II Replica packages. Using the original drawings he created in 1984, these will be incredible tributes for those who collect vintage-inspired-replica BMX bikes, and the project will be a fitting tribute to Linn Kastan and his unique and innovative role in BMX history. Without him, who knows what it would look like.

The balance of creating something that requires a lot of tooling while keeping it accessible/affordable has been a six-month process. This isn't a price gouge or a bank raid, merely an authentic project, delivered by the brand founder - in collaboration with the modern brand - to celebrate Redline and Linn Kastan's history.

Thanks to those who support the effort.

An honor to Linn Kastan is long overdue ...

Without question...

Offline

 

#71 2020-10-21 5:26pm

turdburd
Pro MemberOver The Wall
From: Inland Empire,SoCal
Registered: 2013-12-02
Posts: 5284
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

DOMPHIPPSIO wrote:

redline 600 wrote:

DOMPHIPPSIO wrote:

I'm the project manager for Redline Foundations. Some of you have been supporters of other BMX history projects I have delivered for brands and also the Birth of the BMX Freestyle history books I have written and published within the last five years.

This is ultimately a project to honor and celebrate Linn Kastan and his crucial role in BMX, and Redline history. The project has a lot of moving parts including a historical "origins" video (with plenty of ex-Redline racers, employees, etc contributing) a website, etc. When we met with Linn 6 months ago to discuss this project, the subject of the RL 20 II came up and since Linn has the ability to produce bikes to very high standards at Kastan, he offered to make a short run of RL 20 II Replica packages. Using the original drawings he created in 1984, these will be incredible tributes for those who collect vintage-inspired-replica BMX bikes, and the project will be a fitting tribute to Linn Kastan and his unique and innovative role in BMX history. Without him, who knows what it would look like.

The balance of creating something that requires a lot of tooling while keeping it accessible/affordable has been a six-month process. This isn't a price gouge or a bank raid, merely an authentic project, delivered by the brand founder - in collaboration with the modern brand - to celebrate Redline and Linn Kastan's history.

Thanks to those who support the effort.

An honor to Linn Kastan is long overdue ...

Without question...

Definitely one of the pillars that BMX was built on.


ABA Ca-13 1982-84  #926 #547 #123
RIP Matt C 4/09/97-12/22/20

Offline

 

#72 2020-10-21 5:31pm

DOMPHIPPSIO
Pro Member
From: San Diego
Registered: 2007-06-08
Posts: 2919
Website
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

turdburd wrote:

DOMPHIPPSIO wrote:

redline 600 wrote:


An honor to Linn Kastan is long overdue ...

Without question...

Definitely one of the pillars that BMX was built on.

yes indeed...

Offline

 

#73 2020-10-21 7:55pm

baron340
Pro Member
From: West Chester/Philly, PA
Registered: 2008-01-09
Posts: 1433
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

X


Do not deal with Niagara Cycles, NY. 

Looking for AC 180mm drive side crank arm chrome.

Offline

 

#74 2020-10-21 8:11pm

pelt
Pro Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2008-09-17
Posts: 1560
For Sale: 4
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

hey Dom,tell Redline to make a modern version


Wanted:
RNC brake lever, bolts and bar ends
Cinelli CMX frame

Offline

 

#75 2020-10-21 8:53pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 28687
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: Anyone catch this FB post from Redline

redline 600 wrote:

metalheadcustoms wrote:

I for one am extremely excited about this and will be purchasing one.

Right there with you!!

me to depending on price to own one. if its over !000.00 I most pass.


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

Board footer