You are not logged in.

I have been robbed house broken into Coquitlam BC Canada "$500 Reward"

#26 2020-08-31 5:09pm

Shazambmx
Pro Member$$$
Bikes: 7

Re: I have been robbed house broken into Coquitlam BC Canada "$500 Reward"

JS-44SDS wrote:

Hopefully the motherfooker gets hit by a bus after you get your stuff back.

Be the bus....

Mikey.... Good Gorilla.

#27 2020-08-31 5:29pm

ChrisHunt
Pro MemberWild Wheels
For Sale: 2

Dude.... that blows ! Hope you get your stuff back !

82-86 NBL / Freestyl'n 83-86

#28 2020-08-31 5:32pm

Spintech
Pro MemberMinimalist hoarder
Bikes: 4

Yea you could be “heavily armed” but your AR won’t fire itself if you’re not there. (if you’re away on vacation, sleeping, having affair, etc)  Best thing you can do is setup security cams and never let anyone know what you have. Never trust anyone.

File a police report and call your home insurance and see what they can do. When I had a bigger collection I used to include them to my insurance and it was only like $3 extra a month. It protects you not only from theft but also fire, which is something you have no control over.

-Joe

#29 2020-08-31 6:10pm

spsracer
Post Restriction
Bikes: 23

This sucks but I feel you will recover or at least catch the person in time. This is some rare hard to move items. No way they can list them without a reg flag going off. Possible inside job?

#30 2020-08-31 6:15pm

mac76
Pro Memberdave's not here man

i would bet there was a buyer before it was taken
friends of so called friends
will keep an eye out

#31 2020-08-31 6:38pm

VADER
Official thread killer.....
Bikes: 6

Do you have a routine that someone would notice you were gone? Have you mailed or received anything by mail that someone would know what’s there?

needs: very little. wants: Brian Patterson, Osborn, Fiola autographs, 83 Predator  F&F and DB F&F

#32 2020-08-31 6:47pm

Duck_Nutz
Pro MemberProfessional Baller
Bikes: 5

I won't ask for any reward, but I'll do my best to spot something. This is yet another one of the many benefits of this forum (thanks GAry). Crowdsourcing helps catch dickless  cretins such as the person who snatched your collection.

A lot of beer, a lot of girls, and a lot of cursing.

#33 2020-08-31 8:10pm

ricar
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Lots of people have cameras, across the street, whatever. A buddy of mine has caught a couple of kids, posts videos on a local FB group and had names by the end of the night.

Every time I get on my bike I win. Ms.BMX.

I don't have enough faith to believe in evolution.

#34 2020-09-01 5:34am

Garcia_58
Pro MemberBeg
Bikes: 44
For Sale: 6

Take a look at all your posted pics for anything that can show your addy.  Do your pics have a location feature active?

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain
I am not of this world ---- 1978 GLJ 1979 DG Racer ----  WWG1WGA

#35 2020-09-01 5:48am

PBR_Streetgang
Museum Addict
Bikes: 5

damn i hope they get caught and your items returned. i know you are massively into graveyard stuff, that's gotta hurt. was there any non bmx related stuff stolen? if not then i have to agree that it was an inside job

"You want it one way, but it's the other way."

#36 2020-09-01 6:23am

mdeltab
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

Think of any Bmx transactions you made with sellers that turned into a bad dispute. A no shipper, or anything negative during or after the sale.

That person can dig up your address because it is on his Paypal history. Perhaps it was that person who has it out for you and came for the goods?

Riding daily and trying to progress. Hope to see you at my Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_k3Sl … poUZxTt7_w

#37 2020-09-01 9:50am

spyker
Pro MemberChup@c@br@

if the perpetrators have a clue,they would return the stuff they stole!

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#38 2020-09-01 9:52am

Minx20
Pro Member
Bikes: 34
For Sale: 17

spyker wrote:

If they had a clue they wouldn't have stolen it in the 1st place.

#39 2020-09-01 9:53am

Garcia_58
Pro MemberBeg
Bikes: 44
For Sale: 6

So who else is into Graveyard?

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain
I am not of this world ---- 1978 GLJ 1979 DG Racer ----  WWG1WGA

#40 2020-09-01 10:37am

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 11

Spintech wrote:

Yea you could be “heavily armed” but your AR won’t fire itself if you’re not there. (if you’re away on vacation, sleeping, having affair, etc)  Best thing you can do is setup security cams and never let anyone know what you have. Never trust anyone.

File a police report and call your home insurance and see what they can do. When I had a bigger collection I used to include them to my insurance and it was only like $3 extra a month. It protects you not only from theft but also fire, which is something you have no control over.

Thats what my heavily armed neighbors are for and my crazy ass alarm system...but yea what you said.

Last edited by JS-44SDS (2020-09-01 10:38am)

I try not to let anything "get my goat", but solid colored chains make me want to punch infants.  Charlie Brown

Tamir Rice was killed by his parents utter stipidity.

Free parts equals a Corvette

#41 2020-09-01 10:44am

Kurt_Rad
Post Restriction
Bikes: 97

Agree with what others have said, it’s either somebody that’s been to your house or somebody who knows what you have and has a beef with you. I’ve heard there are a few less than reputable people in the BC Bike community…

#42 2020-09-01 2:17pm

spyker
Pro MemberChup@c@br@

Minx20 wrote:

spyker wrote:

If they had a clue they wouldn't have stolen it in the 1st place.

Since this happened locally and I am down with the OP.I will refrain myself from saying much,if any at all.However my post #37 stands.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#43 2020-09-01 2:19pm

spyker
Pro MemberChup@c@br@

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Agree with what others have said, it’s either somebody that’s been to your house or somebody who knows what you have and has a beef with you. I’ve heard there are a few less than reputable people in the BC Bike community…

Backstabbing,lying and thievery is rampart here for some fuckked up reason.Shit look at the past members who have been banned from this place for pulling scams,who happen to be locals too.

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#44 2020-09-01 3:20pm

Hussler
Pro Member

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Or possibly someone who bought a part or 2 maybe sold a part to him and got the address knowing what he had? This is an eye opener dont take pics of shit your selling with your good shit in the background. Im sorry for your loss ill keep my eyes peeled as well

😎

#45 2020-09-01 3:23pm

Hussler
Pro Member

Hussler wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Or possibly someone who bought a part or 2 maybe sold a part to him and got the address knowing what he had? This is an eye opener dont take pics of shit your selling with your good shit in the background. Im sorry for your loss ill keep my eyes peeled as well

I had a look at your past sales and looks like you do a great job of just taking a pic of the item you're selling! I'm going to start doing that. Not that I have anything of value

😎

#46 2020-09-01 4:20pm

Kurt_Rad
Post Restriction
Bikes: 97

Hussler wrote:

Hussler wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I had a look at your past sales and looks like you do a great job of just taking a pic of the item you're selling! I'm going to start doing that. Not that I have anything of value

All my photos are in a neutral location. I don’t even want to give an indication of what my house looks like whenever possible.

In Olaf’s case, being in Canada and with borders closed for the better part of 6 months really limits the guilty to most likely being someone local to him. For anyone else in Canada the travel is too far to make it worthwhile when you could thieve something locally worth much more money if you’re willing to risk B&E. it has to be someone local to him and someone with knowledge of what he has and what the value is.

#47 2020-09-01 11:59pm

Rep300
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Statistically, it’s someone who’s been to your house for sure. Someone who knows exactly what they came for. Nobody gets a pass. Think hard. Any friends have dirtbag brothers or anything?

#48 2020-09-02 4:15am

mac76
Pro Memberdave's not here man

found a guy in BC auctioning nos sprocket for lowball price, doesnt seem to know crap about it based on listing, nobody ends up with these parts on accident, pm sent with more detail...

#49 2020-09-02 4:30am

jray02r1
Pro Member

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Hussler wrote:

Hussler wrote:

All my photos are in a neutral location. I don’t even want to give an indication of what my house looks like whenever possible.

In Olaf’s case, being in Canada and with borders closed for the better part of 6 months really limits the guilty to most likely being someone local to him. For anyone else in Canada the travel is too far to make it worthwhile when you could thieve something locally worth much more money if you’re willing to risk B&E. it has to be someone local to him and someone with knowledge of what he has and what the value is.

Precisely what i am thinking

#50 2020-09-02 4:31am

jray02r1
Pro Member

Sorry you have to deal with a shitty problem like this.  Hope you find the asshole.

Board footer